Ryan Stevenson/Ayrshire Post

girvanjambo

Quote from Ryan Stevenson in this weeks Ayrshire Post - after being in Ayr end at Fester road - "Seeing that crowd made me miss playing for us so much". Keep playing like he did Tuesday night, he could be playing for Ayr again sooner than he thinks!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote from Ryan Stevenson in this weeks Ayrshire Post - after being in Ayr end at Fester road - "Seeing that crowd made me miss playing for us so much". Keep playing like he did Tuesday night, he could be playing for Ayr again sooner than he thinks!

I am happy to reserve a seat on the West of Scotland Hearts Supporters Club bus - One Way back to Ayr! (I will even pay his fare!)

Local lad giving an interview to a local paper saying nice things about local club that he supports. Shockernoooney!

Wasn't at the game on Tuesday as I'm offshore but from what I've heard the whole team had a mare.

Whilst Ryan might not he the most technically gifted player to play for the famous he gives 110%, seems to have a good attitude and has been praised as being one of the good lads around riccarton and one of the reasoned team spirit is the best we've had in over 5 years.....

That Stevenson the new scapegoat now is it?

It's hard to keep up.

Zzzz.

Nah we have it all wrong - He's Brilliant......

That Stevenson the new scapegoat now is it?

It's hard to keep up.

Zzzz.

Pathetic eh? There's some absolute roasters on this board at times. I'm convinced most of them are 15 year old laddies....or at least hope.

Quite like Stevo... Don't care if he has fond memories of his old club and like that he hates hubs.

Get a life OP

Templeton'sUnderpants

You're right his quote should have went along the lines of,

"I cant stand the club that gave me my shot after I got punted from the higher leagues, I truely hope they do badly in everything they do and would never want anything to do with them again."

Formerr club presumably a few of his mates playing, local obscure paper. Not really worthy of note.

As for Tuesday the whole team played gant, Ryan no more than anyone else in my eyes.

Pathetic eh? There's some absolute roasters on this board at times. I'm convinced most of them are 15 year old laddies....or at least hope.

It is against the law to have an opinion that does not overwhelmingly support the most mediocre Hearts players........

I'll let you off with a warning on this occasion.....

Jury's out for me on Stevenson. While I agree with lewis2006 that he has a great attitude and tries 110%, he needs to stop trying to launch Ronald Koeman type 70 yard passes around - we invariably lose possession

in the Ayr end against the hobos in the cup makes him a legend in my eyes.

Plus I dont think he is as bad as people make out.

still we have lost in the cup so roll on the scapegoat.

It is against the law to have an opinion that does not overwhelmingly support the most mediocre Hearts players........

No it's not against the law. It's also not against the law for me to express my opinion about other opinions.

I'll let you off with a warning on this occasion however....

The same guys that slated Ian Black last year are STICKING THE BOOT IN to RS now.

When he does well next season, you'll all be sorry.

And god will kill you.

Jury's out for me on Stevenson. While I agree with lewis2006 that he has a great attitude and tries 110%, he needs to stop trying to launch Ronald Koeman type 70 yard passes around - we invariably lose possession

We need to remember that this lad was playing a much lower standard only a year ago. Like every player he has good games and bad games but after the cycle of players I've seen in maroon the last few year who did not try a leg and could not have cares less for the cause I am more than happy for a guy like Ryan to be in our squad.

No it's not against the law. It's also not against the law for me to express my opinion about other opinions.

I'll let you off with a warning on this occasion however....

Theres a good chap. thanks very much officer - I'll see it doesn't happen again!

If we did not have different opinions there would not be room for discussion. Why do you feel your argument is strengthened with derogatory remarks?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Gary Locke, crabbo, Sandison etc used to turn up at the Hearts end while attached to other clubs, so I don't think we should be too hard on Stevo. He does have to improve though if he wants to stay long at Tynie :unsure:

The same guys that slated Ian Black last year are STICKING THE BOOT IN to RS now.

When he does well next season, you'll all be sorry.

And god will kill you.

I'd settle for him removing their fingers so that I didn't have to read their shitball opinions.

Mind you, there's always head wands................

Poor thread. Stevo is no replacement for rudi as some seem to expect him to be.

Actually I do not think he is a replacement for anyone. He just is not good enough......

Is it just me that's chuffed to hear Stevo was in the away end and hopefully giving it tight to everyone associated with Hibs?

Also just imagine if Craig Gordon had been in a Hearts away end and then had come out with similar comments. JKB would be awash with praise for him, but at no point would we expect him to be handing in a transfer request to Sunderland.

Theres a good chap. thanks very much officer - I'll see it doesn't happen again!

If we did not have different opinions there would not be room for discussion. Why do you feel your argument is strengthened with derogatory remarks?

Good son - make sure it doesn't.

I'm surprised the patter police haven't pulled you up for the "I'll give him a lift back in my bus" kind of chat....terrible terrible patter!

As for derogatory remarks the use of the word roaster is tame as it gets. If I could really say what I wanted about the happy clan on this board if probably get punted!

Good son - make sure it doesn't.

I'm surprised the patter police haven't pulled you up for the "I'll give him a lift back in my bus" kind of chat....terrible terrible patter!

As for derogatory remarks the use of the word roaster is tame as it gets. If I could really say what I wanted about the happy clan on this board if probably get punted!

Ah so no substance to your argument so you resort to patronising remarks, is that the best you can do?

For your information I have been attending Tynecastle since 1962, and you Mr Clever refer to me as "son", what a real wordsmith.

The patter you refer to is 100% accurate, I help run the West of Scotland Hearts supporters Club - what do you have to offer now? probably not an apology I assume.

And regarding you getting punted, well if this is what you have to offer then that would probably be for the best.

I assume rather than support your argument you want to come back with some cheap shots? Well go on make my day son!

Ah so no substance to your argument so you resort to patronising remarks, is that the best you can do?

For your information I have been attending Tynecastle since 1962, and you Mr Clever refer to me as "son", what a real wordsmith.

The patter you refer to is 100% accurate, I help run the West of Scotland Hearts supporters Club - what do you have to offer now? probably not an apology I assume.

And regarding you getting punted, well if this is what you have to offer then that would probably be for the best.

I assume rather than support your argument you want to come back with some cheap shots? Well go on make my day son!

Creag wouldn't approve of this petty argument. (God rest his soul).

Seriously though, lads... Give it a restt with the petty bickering.

If you actually take time to read the thread properly instead of going in a strop you might have noticed I have expressed 4 VERY good opinions on Ryan Stevenson.

Here I'll remind you

1- gives 110%

2 - good attitude

3 - one if the reasons in the upturn in team morale/spirit

4 - tries harder than previous imposters.

Now...where exactly do you back up your childish statements with fair balanced facts??

Time to wind your neck in and stop harping on about how long you've been watching hearts and that you run a mini bus to the games.

As I said previously.....roasters

heartgarfunkel

Local lad giving an interview to a local paper saying nice things about local club that he supports. Shockernoooney!

Wasn't at the game on Tuesday as I'm offshore but from what I've heard the whole team had a mare.

Whilst Ryan might not he the most technically gifted player to play for the famous he gives 110%, seems to have a good attitude and has been praised as being one of the good lads around riccarton and one of the reasoned team spirit is the best we've had in over 5 years.....

well said

If you actually take time to read the thread properly instead of going in a strop you might have noticed I have expressed 4 VERY good opinions on Ryan Stevenson.

Here I'll remind you

1- gives 110%

2 - good attitude

3 - one if the reasons in the upturn in team morale/spirit

4 - tries harder than previous imposters.

Now...where exactly do you back up your childish statements with fair balanced facts??

Time to wind your neck in and stop harping on about how long you've been watching hearts and that you run a mini bus to the games.

As I said previously.....roasters

I see where you are coming from now, because you have nothing to substantiate your pathetic ramblings we now begin to see some semblance of an argument.

You seem to think anyone who disagrees with you must be a roaster or a "son", I am merely putting your misconceptions to rights by telling a naive inexperienced supporter that I have a lifetime of experience of watching Hearts. "Harping on?" This is the first occasion I have mentioned this.

Yes we do run a mini bus to games, is that not allowed in your your wee world? Aye if its no a double decker they are not real fans?

'

Thanks for reminding me of the obvious, although it is impossible to give more than 100% I'll make the allowance that you don't know any better.

Good Attitude, responsible for the upturn in team spirit and he tries harder than some previous imposters? Man why are you not a Premier League Manager - you seem to know everything that it takes to identify a top player!

The attributes you mention would be supplied by any Hearts supporter pulling on a Hearts strip!, I have news for you young chap - it takes skill to be a Footballer, something lacking from your list of VERY good reasons!

I have forgotten more about supporting Hearts than you are ever likely to learn, still over to you if your mum hasn't put you to bed yet.........

I'm really not in the mood for an argument. You've made yourself look pretty daft. I'm sure others will agree. For an old man your acting like someone half my age. Away have a lie down.

P.S as for having my mum tuck me in that's be pretty difficult considering im stuck on an oil rig in the middle if the north sea. Again something you might have picked up on if you'd bothered reading my first post.

Nighty night xxx

I'm really not in the mood for an argument. You've made yourself look pretty daft. I'm sure others will agree. For an old man your acting like someone half my age. Away have a lie down.

P.S as for having my mum tuck me in that's be pretty difficult considering im stuck on an oil rig in the middle if the north sea. Again something you might have picked up on if you'd bothered reading my first post.

Nighty night xxx

Your mum is on her way accross, she'll be there shortly...

Copter.jpg

Big stevo was late on Thursday night ! Looked scared as feck as he run down McLeod street into the main enterence . Hopefully jj stuck a boot up his arse in the warm up

Your mum is on her way accross, she'll be there shortly...

Copter.jpg

Brilliant mate!! She can tuck me into bed any day!!

Mediocre is your favourite word I think. :ninja:

The Old Tolbooth

Stopped reading this thread at this post because you hit the nail right on the head mate!

I like Stevo, he's a trier, and if some of our other players put in as much effort and commitment as what he did then we'd be ok (and probably still in the cup)

I see where you are coming from now, because you have nothing to substantiate your pathetic ramblings we now begin to see some semblance of an argument.

You seem to think anyone who disagrees with you must be a roaster or a "son", I am merely putting your misconceptions to rights by telling a naive inexperienced supporter that I have a lifetime of experience of watching Hearts. "Harping on?" This is the first occasion I have mentioned this.

Yes we do run a mini bus to games, is that not allowed in your your wee world? Aye if its no a double decker they are not real fans?

'

Thanks for reminding me of the obvious, although it is impossible to give more than 100% I'll make the allowance that you don't know any better.

Good Attitude, responsible for the upturn in team spirit and he tries harder than some previous imposters? Man why are you not a Premier League Manager - you seem to know everything that it takes to identify a top player!

The attributes you mention would be supplied by any Hearts supporter pulling on a Hearts strip!, I have news for you young chap - it takes skill to be a Footballer, something lacking from your list of VERY good reasons!

I have forgotten more about supporting Hearts than you are ever likely to learn, still over to you if your mum hasn't put you to bed yet.........

you sound like a central wheatfield stand season ticket holder who probably likes to remind your fellow supporters around you about the decent players had in the sixties.probably didn,t go to often in the seventies and came out of hibernation around 1998 and have been the life and soul of the party ever since. :whistling: RS is no world beater and will probably never be a 1st pick but give him some slack.gives his all which is more than nade ever did and more than obua ever will.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

He's a good lad. Obviously loves his team. Still gives 100% when he plays for Hearts and that's all that matters.

Thunderstruck

So it would be quite wrong for a Hearts-supporting ex-player who moved to an Ayrshire club to go to Tynecastle to support his favourites when his own team wasn't playing.

Mind you, in the eyes of some he wasn't up to scratch as a player but maybe they will give him credit for his management skills.

I was in the Ayr end at Fester Road with the bird (who's from ayr) & her old man who has a season ticket at somerset. Never seen Ryan there or would have chatted to him. He's right it was a cracking atmosphere & if they play aswell as that & get some luck then will get promoted. As for Ryan i think he tries to hard - the same way Black did when he joined. He realises it's a massive step up & has been trying his hardest to adjust to the game. I would like to see him get another contract, 12 months with option of extention depending on games played.

Was gutted our game on Sunday had been postponed as "could" have been a nice double. Atleast we got a bigger crowd (just) on a Tuesday night with just 3 stands opened than that mob did on a saturday 3pm kick off. Hopefully the honest men can finish the job off.

P.S, Does going to that game make me any less of a Hearts fan?? Am sure to some on here it does but don't care :thumbsup:

1williegibson

agree 100%. nobody played well and i think stevenson has done a good job whenever he has come in. hearts paid very little for him which some people may think he must be mince but sometimes we are able to pick up a bargain in the lower leagues and i think he could be one of those. my opinion

1williegibson

I was in the Ayr end at Fester Road with the bird (who's from ayr) & her old man who has a season ticket at somerset. Never seen Ryan there or would have chatted to him. He's right it was a cracking atmosphere & if they play aswell as that & get some luck then will get promoted. As for Ryan i think he tries to hard - the same way Black did when he joined. He realises it's a massive step up & has been trying his hardest to adjust to the game. I would like to see him get another contract, 12 months with option of extention depending on games played.

Was gutted our game on Sunday had been postponed as "could" have been a nice double. Atleast we got a bigger crowd (just) on a Tuesday night with just 3 stands opened than that mob did on a saturday 3pm kick off. Hopefully the honest men can finish the job off.

P.S, Does going to that game make me any less of a Hearts fan?? Am sure to some on here it does but don't care :thumbsup:

i know your bird very well

Black had been a standout for Inverness in the SPL before coming to Hearts. After Laszlo tried to play him as a winger and other daft places he has settled into his right position with us now.

Can't see where Stevenson could similarly shine after settling into the SPL?

Watch his pre-match interview on Hearts World before the game on Tuesday. Loves being at Hearts and knows himself that he will not start every week. Very happy with his lot.

Not the best but by no means the worst in the current crop. Drive on Stevo :thumbsup:

Watch his pre-match interview on Hearts World before the game on Tuesday. Loves being at Hearts and knows himself that he will not start every week. Very happy with his lot.

Not the best but by no means the worst in the current crop. Drive on Stevo :thumbsup:

JJ and BB rate him as the best footballer at the club (not the most talented as such - that's probably Arvy) but as far as having a football brain paired with ability (touch, vision, a clean strike, etc), he's top of the pile. His problems are athletic and maybe even trying too hard - a problem they've sorted out with Blackie.

A good player to have at the club.

Ryan Stevenson is good at football. He is also cool.

JJ and BB rate him as the best footballer at the club (not the most talented as such - that's probably Arvy) but as far as having a football brain paired with ability (touch, vision, a clean strike, etc), he's top of the pile. His problems are athletic and maybe even trying too hard - a problem they've sorted out with Blackie.

A good player to have at the club.

Ryan Stevenson is good at football. He is also cool.

Stevenson is a better footballer than Skacel? Or Lee Wallace? Or Andy Driver?

What a load of tripe. He seems to be a very limited trier at best.

You can argue with Jim and Billy on that one Coco. I don't see him in training. It was said before Skacel signed right enough.

You can see by the way he strikes a ball and when he gets himself involved in little passing moves that the guy is a natural footballer. He needs to calm the heedless chicken act a bit and let the footy do the talkin

Charlie-Brown

Jason Holt and Jamie Walker are the best & most natural footballers at Tynecastle - potentially better than Templeton, Wallace & Driver and probably even Skacel one day.

Archived