What Did he say ?

MummyJambo

I heard on talk 107 after the game that shaggy had said something about a group of hearts fans that he was angry at?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Drew Busby !
They probably dared to point out that Calum Elliot has the footballing ability of a [mod edit]

Was just on the verge of google imaging that LOL :mw_rolleyes:

But I'm already carrying too many yellow cards from the mods !

no idea what he's on about, but boo hoo really.

That performance was absolute ****e and Shaggy should be looking in the ****ing mirror before looking at the fans who are being asked to fork out 400 quid.

On teletext he has a rant at Hearts fans for slating Calum Elliot.

He has completely lost the plot. The fans around me were shouting abuse at Frail for his (lack of) tactics.

When he substituted Elliot for Mole the fans were shouting abuse because he was replacing like for like and not putting a second striker on and taking off the dwarf who was utterly inept.

On teletext he has a rant at Hearts fans for slating Calum Elliot.

He has completely lost the plot. The fans around me were shouting abuse at Frail for his (lack of) tactics.

When he substituted Elliot for Mole the fans were shouting abuse because he was replacing like for like and not putting a second striker on and taking off the dwarf who was utterly inept.

I think there was probably a bit of abuse for Elliot. And judging by the comments on this site at ttimes probably a bit of abuse for Mole.

But the vast majority of the fans surely wanted a 2nd striker brought on, not a like for like. And certainly not 29 kept on.

Why weren't Makela and Glen on the bench? This was supposed to be the 'must win game' wasn't it?

It was the sheer lack of tactics that folk around me were moaning about. We probably had more 'creative' players on the pitch yesterday than we usually do. It was just that we had regressed back several months to the stage where the players looked like they didn't have a scooby what they were meant to be doing, where they were meant to be playing etc. Bloody shambles.

Miko could have been playing up front, he had the pace to worry their defence, with Larry out wide. Audrey was a nightmare & should have been emptied, with Mole joining Elliott up front - not that they are great, ,but it was a thankless bloody task for the pair of them yesterday.

We wer shapeless, hopeless & clueless & Shaggy was responsible for that.

Dirk Diggler

This is all getting rather embarrassing. It's not the first time he's had a go at the fans.

Frail, Shut the **** up.

Your tactics and team selection yesterday were the sole reason we never won that game.

Deal with it.

This is all getting rather embarrassing. It's not the first time he's had a go at the fans.

Frail, Shut the **** up.

Your tactics and team selection yesterday were the sole reason we never won that game.

Deal with it.

:fing25:

As someone who has always liked him, even I am starting to get annoyed at some of the excrement that comes out of his gob.

He really needs to STFU.

Dirk Diggler
:fing25:

As someone who has always liked him, even I am starting to get annoyed at some of the excrement that comes out of his gob.

He really needs to STFU.

I'm in the same boat.

I have no doubt that his heart is in the right place and that he does care for the club.

Some of the sheite he talks though (I read during the week where he described Robbie Neilson as a Scotland International player ffs, The continual defending of Elliot, The asking of a fan to meet him after the game, Another go at the fans yesterday etc etc).

Get over yourself ya MOD EDIT.

We're pish.

Pish players.

Pish management with pish tactics.

Just pish.

Imagine going into your work on Monday and talking like he does about certain players. You'd get laughed at and quite rightly so.

That is what is happening with Frail and he only has himself to blame.

Guest GhostHunter

He really IS fecking me off just now..

Sunday Mail interview he says, "...we need to stop blaming the loss of Velicka when we draw or lose"..

Um Frail - you're the ONLY one that keeps bringing it up.

Oh, and probably your lovechild - Robbie Frailson.

He really IS fecking me off just now..

Sunday Mail interview he says, "...we need to stop blaming the loss of Velicka when we draw or lose"..

Um Frail - you're the ONLY one that keeps bringing it up.

Oh, and probably your lovechild - Robbie Frailson.

Yesterday was groundhog day - back to 4-5-1...ARGH!!!!

We all know that to play this system you cannot lump high balls up towards the striker. It is pointless. The only times we looked at all menacing were when Miko and Larry had a run at the Falkirk defence (who then scythed them down knowing full well that we had Stewart to waste the free kicks or that no free kick would be given).

Frail has a lot to explain from yesterday:

1. the system.

2. why play a striker he knows is low on confidence and being criticised alone up front when we all know he ain?t got the pace or brain for the role?

3. the substitutions - I groaned when Ksanavicius came on. He is murder...Mole has pace to burn compared to Elliot but the service had disappeared by then and he ended up coming short and wide to look for the ball. Screpis debuting at 90? - er Hello, was that a time-wasting tactic. Were we settling for a 0-0 in our "must win" game that we played 4-5-1 in?

4. Why is Stewart allowed anywhere near a dead ball situation? His delivery is terrible. Kingston, Miko, Chesney are all better from free kicks and corners...

Guest GhostHunter

Whilst Falkirk played for a draw (by the looks of it), F®ail played to not lose.

The problem is though - he didnt play to win.

4-5-1 in the most crucial game of the season is unbelievably BAD JUDGEMENT.

Time to go F®ail.

Jam Tarts 1874

I go to quite a few reserve games and sit near the dugouts so that I can see and hear everything. Frail is there coaching these guys and watches very intently, but makes few decisions. When the players are making mistakes or not following instructions, he treats them with kid gloves, a bit like an overly soft PE teacher. I am not surprised that the players like him.

Frail is too close to the likes of Elliot, he cannot see how bad Elliot is and will not drop him. Frail almost seems to see it as some kind of personal battle to try and prove Elliot can play, I just wish that the pair of them would give it up. If the fans near the dugout at Tynecastle are giving Frail and Elliot stick then Frail just has to take it on the chin instead of moaning about it, the abuse is well deserved.

portobellojambo1

Frail, Shut the **** up.

Deal with it.

Agree.

I have nothing against Frail, any time I have heard him speak, or spoken to him directly, he has been very sincere, and does show that he cares for HMFC, however I have not been impressed with some of the things he has come out with post match since taking over.

His defence of the indefensible I find weak, he lauds players that everyone in the stadium can see are simply not up to scratch. I think his latest comment was "we have not seen the best of Marius Zaliukas". I disagree Stephen, I think we have seen the very best of Zaliukas, and he too has proven to be a dud.

And now he takes exception to fans voicing opinion. It would be interesting to hear his thoughts if he were having to pay to get in to watch the likes of what was on show yesterday, rather than him getting paid for producing such displays and forcing us to watch it.

portobellojambo1
there's a whole "Teachers Pet" thing coming across from them

The players that are coming out and sticking up for Frail, and promoting him as the man who should be appointed manager are the players who know that if a new man comes in with a broom their erses will be the first to be swept out of Tynecastle.

Guest GhostHunter
The players that are coming out and sticking up for Frail, and promoting him as the man who should be appointed manager are the players who know that if a new man comes in with a broom their erses will be the first to be swept out of Tynecastle.

that'll be Robbie only...

Robbie Frailson.

I think you'll soon find those sticking up for him fast falling into the minority.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If Frail simply said "I'm doing my best but I'm out of my depth" he would earn more respect.

Guest GhostHunter
And how do you think Gary would have faired yesterday ?

At least he would have played as if he was proud to be wearing the Maroon.

That = better than Clum

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Every single person employed in a position of authority at Hearts right now is an abject failure. Frail's as culpable as anybody. Somebody has to be accountable for the absolute shambles Hearts are in:

7th in the league

38m in debt

One player with any semblance of sell-on potential in the entire squad

3 month search for a manager without so much as an approach for anybody

Selling anybody who attracts a sniff of interest

How many times are we going to say "I think Romanov is writing this season off" before we realise he's writing every season off?

How long before we take in what has just happened to Gretna before we acknowledge the danger of being completely and utterly suscepitible to the whims of one person?

The club is dead folks. That sounds ridiculously melodramatic when put like that, but it is certainly on its way to a slow, apathetic death while Romanov is here.

Now, I'm away to write on my sandwich board......

Drylaw Hearts
At least he would have played as if he was proud to be wearing the Maroon.

That = better than Clum

If that is a reason then maybe Frail should pm me !!

Playing youth players in the current team will hinder their careers.

Berra, Wallace and Elliot all got chances under Burley/Rix when we had good players around them.

And they ALL looked the part and slotted in well because of standard of player around them.

Asking Gary Glen to play as a lone striker against Falkirk with No.29 behind him would do more harm than good.

Gigolo-Aunt
If that is a reason then maybe Frail should pm me !!

Playing youth players in the current team will hinder their careers.

Berra, Wallace and Elliot all got chances under Burley/Rix when we had good players around them.

And they ALL looked the part and slotted in well because of standard of player around them.

Asking Gary Glen to play as a lone striker against Falkirk with No.29 behind him would do more harm than good.

Agreed.

The the problem yesterday was the system. Why go back to 451 at home against a side who were quite happy for a draw ??

Elliot was hung out to dry by Frail yesterday.

Poor show from Frail.

The sooner he is removed and sent back to coaching the youngesters the better,

I've got a fair amount of sympathy for Frail and think he's done a decent job under difficult circumstances but I have no idea what he sees in Calum Elliot. Its been abundantly clear for a long time that this guy is not up to the standard. Once again, you looked at the team-sheet yesterday and wondered where were the goals going to come from.

Drylaw Hearts
Agreed.

The the problem yesterday was the system. Why go back to 451 at home against a side who were quite happy for a draw ??

Elliot was hung out to dry by Frail yesterday.

Poor show from Frail.

The sooner he is removed and sent back to coaching the youngesters the better,

Frail was hung out to dry by VR.

Frail was aware we were going to be short in the striking department but even though VR stated he would trust Frails judgement with regards to January Transfers no-one was signed.

Yesterday we only had one striker playing and one other on the bench.

I couldn't see any other options for Frail yesterday.

Ray Winstone

Frail was aware we were going to be short in the striking department but even though VR stated he would trust Frails judgement with regards to January Transfers no-one was signed.

Bring Mole on to play alongside Elliot?

Drylaw Hearts
Bring Mole on to play alongside Elliot?

In the second half - Yes.

But we couldn't have started with 2 strikers and have nothing on the bench.

The current squad is as weak as I can ever remember.

Gigolo-Aunt

We managed to play 442 last week, mate.

Mole and Elliot without being outstading done well in parts during the game last week.

451 against a team that were happy for a draw was baffling. Even more baffling is NOT changing it during the game.

Poor show from Frail yesterday. Seemed to me he was more scared of loosing the game rather than winning it.

I agree that Frail has been very short of options and it is difficult to blame him for results like yesterday when you look at the players he has to chose from.

At the same time, there's a part of me that's actually relieved that we didn't sign anyone (Screpis apart) in January as looking at our debt situation the last thing we needed was a whole new set of average players signed up on much higher than average wages. Given that Frail is not going to be manager long term, its best waiting for a full time manager before any more money is spent - frustrating though that is at for us as fans at the moment.

Gigolo-Aunt
In the second half - Yes.

But we couldn't have started with 2 strikers and have nothing on the bench.

The current squad is as weak as I can ever remember.

Juho

Glen

There is two players than can play up top. Miko could have helped out as could Kingston.

Frail made a boo boo yeterday. No hiding away from that IMO.

Drylaw Hearts
We managed to play 442 last week, mate.

Mole and Elliot without being outstading done well in parts during the game last week.

451 against a team that were happy for a draw was baffling. Even more baffling is NOT changing it during the game.

Poor show from Frail yesterday. Seemed to me he was more scared of loosing the game rather than winning it.

We played 442 with Elliot and Mole up front but we had Bennyuseless on the bench.

If we had played the same yesterday there would have been no striker on the bench.

Larry was not at his usual 'World Class' standard and this didn't help either.

Drylaw Hearts
Juho

Glen

There is two players than can play up top. Miko could have helped out as could Kingston.

Frail made a boo boo yeterday. No hiding away from that IMO.

Juho is not going to get the chance to play.

If he couldn't even make the bench yesterday when have no strikers then we really need to remove his name from our thoughts.

As for Glen - yesterday was not the day to play a youth player.

Gigolo-Aunt

If he couldn't even make the bench yesterday when have no strikers then we really need to remove his name from our thoughts.

Glen would have been on the bench though, DH.

When do you play these guys ?? it was not a relegation battle game. It was a game that was pushing for a top 6.

He has been involved in the squad before. Has impressed for the younger age groups.

We dont bring him in as an option (no guarantee you will need to play him ) so we go with a formation that suits the team we are playing ??

That sounds more bizarre than bringing Glen in TBH.

Miller Jambo 60

That clown Hibee Hughes came for a draw he is a muppet.

As for hearts we were shat but that lot will win SFA .

Negative gash:107years::107years::107years:

Drylaw Hearts
Glen would have been on the bench though, DH.

When do you play these guys ?? it was not a relegation battle game. It was a game that was pushing for a top 6.

He has been involved in the squad before. Has impressed for the younger age groups.

We dont bring him in as an option (no guarantee you will need to play him ) so we go with a formation that suits the team we are playing ??

That sounds more bizarre than bringing Glen in TBH.

I'm just of the opinion that we should give the youth a chance when there is less pressure.

I can just see Glen coming on for Elliot for the last 20 minutes and missing a golden chance to score and the Hearts support going mental and calling him all the stupid names under the sun.

Gigolo-Aunt
I'm just of the opinion that we should give the youth a chance when there is less pressure.

I can just see Glen coming on for Elliot for the last 20 minutes and missing a golden chance to score and the Hearts support going mental and calling him all the stupid names under the sun.

Thing is though mate - most games at Hearts are pressure games.

The pressure of playing the OF,Derby games or the pressure to be winning.

Miller Jambo 60

Mind you if he scored would be a hero 6 and half bud

I couldn't give a rats ass what Frail says anymore.

P*ss poor tactics, p*ss poor substitutions and not for the first time either.

"Must win"? More like must not lose. 4-5-1 is not good enough in a game we needed to have an impact on. Yes we are shorter than an Oompa Loompa up front but why not start 4-4-2 with Mole and Elliott up front and try and take the game to them and get the lead?

It's up to Falkirk to do something then. Put Glen on the bench if you need to use him then you do. Granted it's not the best game to throw him in but if we'd gone out blazing we might never have needed him.

We've lost our bottle.

Drylaw Hearts
Thing is though mate - most games at Hearts are pressure games.

The pressure of playing the OF,Derby games or the pressure to be winning.

They are.

But the pressure from the Stands can ruin a young player imo.

Drylaw Hearts
Mind you if he scored would be a hero 6 and half bud

We aren't allowed to have heroes anymore.

Guest GhostHunter
They are.

But the pressure from the Stands can ruin a player imo.

My heart bleeds.

I'm sure he's comforted every time he looks at his bank balance.

jack D and coke
Every single person employed in a position of authority at Hearts right now is an abject failure. Frail's as culpable as anybody. Somebody has to be accountable for the absolute shambles Hearts are in:

7th in the league

38m in debt

One player with any semblance of sell-on potential in the entire squad

3 month search for a manager without so much as an approach for anybody

Selling anybody who attracts a sniff of interest

How many times are we going to say "I think Romanov is writing this season off" before we realise he's writing every season off?

How long before we take in what has just happened to Gretna before we acknowledge the danger of being completely and utterly suscepitible to the whims of one person?

The club is dead folks. That sounds ridiculously melodramatic when put like that, but it is certainly on its way to a slow, apathetic death while Romanov is here.

Now, I'm away to write on my sandwich board......

When are we going to wake up? ?38m in debt with a supposed limit of ?40m!!!??? WTF??!! Is he having a laugh? It'll take f***** fortunes to sort that crock of sh*t that is playing for us just now! Next season imo is going to be even worse.

Vladimir Romanov is the worst piece of news Hearts have ever faced in it's existence and i believe the club is in real danger. Yes he saved us for a season but he's sinking us royal fashion now. I honestly can't see a way out of this and i'm starting to wonder if Romanov has any real money. His initial promises have all been exposed as utter wind and pish. The man couldn't lie straight in his bed.

The other thing that worries me is all this talk of our big banking institutiuons getting into financial trouble and it makes me hold out very little hope for his pishy little bank. I hope i'm wrong.

Drylaw Hearts
My heart bleeds.

I'm sure he's comforted every time he looks at his bank balance.

Callum Elliot, Jamie Mole and Gary Glen are/were all highly rated youth players who are scoring/scored reguarly through the various youth levels.

IMO, Hearts have ruined Elliot and Mole by loaning them out and playing them reguarly when they weren't 100% ready.

They hung them out to dry by playing them at a time when the fans were angry about performences and results and were looking for scapegoats.

Gary Glen could be the next Callum Elliot or Jamie Mole.

Their salaries have nothing to with it.

Sorry but Stevie frail has really had it as fat as I'm concerned. Not that i wish the guy to get the sack, just that he shouldn't be anywhere near the Hearts managers job. In a home game we had to win, starting the match with one striker on the park was nothing short of criminal. Makela scored two goals for the reserves the other day and wasn't even afforded a place on the bench. Nobody really knows what this guys true potential really is because for one reason or another he's never really been given the opportunity to prove himself one way or the other.

Frail decided to put Audrey on as a substitute and must have seen exactly the same performance from him as did every other Hearts fan in the stadium, however decided to replace Elliot with Mole instead of hooking the completely ineffective Audrey.

Frail appears completely unable to dictate any real sort of change of tact on the pitch when things are going against us. With him in charge till the end of the season perhaps even seventh place is beyond us.

Archived