Scottish Cup Draw

Sexton Hardcastle

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree.

We've played Falkirk in both cups in recent times, and Partick in the Scottish back in 06. Plus it's at home to lower league opposition. Low home crowd that will turn if we're not 1-0 up by half time and loads of away fans having a party regardless of whether we pump them or not.

In terms of a day out maybe it's not great but in terms of progressing and going on a good run it's perfect.

Billy the Jambo

I noticed a wee smirk on the guys face who drew out celtic .I think he knew what he had done before it was announced

I agree great draw, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves. I think the St J game tonight will be tricky.

Yes Rangers V Celtic

Not bad draw for us, am i remembering correctly didnt we have to play St Johnstone and Partick Th on way to final in 1996

we beat patrick on route in 2006, cracking goal from cesankunas

Wonder who'll we get in the quarter finals then?

:verysmug:

Sod the quarter finals, I've begun planning my trip to Hampden in May :smuggy:

Yes Rangers V Celtic

Not bad draw for us, am i remembering correctly didnt we have to play St Johnstone and Partick Th on way to final in 1996

Correct.

And Killie and Aberdeen also.

Chaka Demus & pliers

In terms of a day out maybe it's not great but in terms of progressing and going on a good run it's perfect.

Exactly. What's all this nonsense about it being a poor draw? All we should be hoping for is a home game and avoiding the Old Firm, them playing each other makes it even better.

Let's just do the business tonight and then take it from there

Hope we aren't as complacent in the dressing room as some on here about tonight!!!

Not even interested in who we have until it's definitely "we"!!!

About the draw - the Uglies together - lovely!!!

I was pretty surprised reading this thread...Some people never learn, we still have to beat St Johstone tonight. It won't be as easy as some on here obviously think it will be!!

Anyway Rankgers v The Plastic Paddies :lol:

Didnt get Threave Rovers but a great draw regardless, especially with the OF drawn together. Now let's make sure we do the business tonight.

Exactly. What's all this nonsense about it being a poor draw? All we should be hoping for is a home game and avoiding the Old Firm, them playing each other makes it even better.

Our last two cup wins we were drawn at home in every round too.

More of the same please.

Disagree.

We've played Falkirk in both cups in recent times, and Partick in the Scottish back in 06. Plus it's at home to lower league opposition. Low home crowd that will turn if we're not 1-0 up by half time and loads of away fans having a party regardless of whether we pump them or not.

It's about going as far as we can in the tournament and from that perspective it's a good draw.

Well that's fine :thumbsup: Home tie. Not an SPL team.

Rangers v Celtic :D

Let hope we win tonight.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Cos I'd - and many other people I know - would quite fancy a day out somewhere different. We're Hearts - we can beat anyone. May as well make it more interesting for the fans. thumbsup.gif

Sexton Hardcastle

Sod the quarter finals, I've begun planning my trip to Hampden in May :smuggy:

The Hibs fans at work didnt ask for mid may when the holiday sheet went round.

Glad i took it up now.

The uglies drawn together at this stage :lol::lol:

There will be a lot of hand wringing and appologies going on right now between the GFA and Ipox and the Tattiebowl

Feckin brilliant.

Good incentive for the JJ team talk tonight me thinks

COME ON HEARTS!!!!!!!!

Cos I'd - and many other people I know - would quite fancy a day out somewhere different. We're Hearts - we can beat anyone. May as well make it more interesting for the fans. thumbsup.gif

Yes we can beat anyone.

I'd rather have a home tie to enhance our chances of getting a memorable day out at Hampden.

I think that this draw could actually be good for our league chances, Rangers and Celtic now have another derby to distract them imagine there's a draw and they have to play a replay! obviously it doesn't mean they will drop points to other teams but I think it definitely increases the chances

Not that I'm insanely optimistic or anything but after this draw, we've definitely got the cup in the bag.

Hearts for the double - easy !!

Hackney Hearts

(if we get past St Johnstone....)

... does this mean we're going to have more arguments about ticket pricing policy??

I was pretty surprised reading this thread...Some people never learn, we still have to beat St Johstone tonight. It won't be as easy as some on here obviously think it will be!!

Anyway Rankgers v The Plastic Paddies :lol:

I am fairly confident that JJ/BB and Lockie wont be taking the attitude you refer to.

So allow me to do it yaaaaaas quality draw.

When was the last time th uglies where drawn against each other this early?

alwaysthereinspirit

Biffy will never be invited again.

'Quick! Re-draw'

"you idiot. Never ever ever remove both hot balls from the bag together"

Good draw for us, especially with the Old Firm drawn together.

Now just to make sure we actually get through...

I think that this draw could actually be good for our league chances, Rangers and Celtic now have another derby to distract them imagine there's a draw and they have to play a replay! obviously it doesn't mean they will drop points to other teams but I think it definitely increases the chances

Heard that, because of the fixture congestion the SFA are considering playing games to a finish rather than having replays from 5th round onwards

Heard that, because of the fixture congestion the SFA are considering playing games to a finish rather than having replays from 5th round onwards

Ah well id prefer it was done that way anyway, stops smaller teams playing for a replay

Cautiously optimistic but knowing Hearts it is never easy. With the right attitude and application we should be looking at a quarter final place. Was just thinking yesterday when was the last time the Old Firm were drawn together before the semi final stage. Also given that are both very beatable it could be a very open competition.

everyone is going to be 'up for it' even more so than normal now. the whole smash is up for grabs and nobody will want to sit back and watch someone else reap the benefits of a cup final / cup win.

i take it all back, we are very lucky to have a home draw and potentially another home draw.

if we do 'a hibs' then we only have ourselves to blame.

Lets just get the job done tonight before looking too far into the future. Saints will be no pushovers tonight and our team will have to be at there best to come out on top. I'm sure that JJ will hammer that home to the players before they go out onto the park tonight.

Lets just get the job done tonight before looking too far into the future. Saints will be no pushovers tonight and our team will have to be at there best to come out on top. I'm sure that JJ will hammer that home to the players before they go out onto the park tonight.

Agreed.

I hope we'll get East Stirlingshire or Buckie v Queen of the South or Brechin in the QF.

Charlie-Brown

The winners of the Old Firm clash are bound to strongly fancy their chances having eliminated the major competitor surely?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

we have to get tonight out the way first anyway, and considering we havnt yet beat st johnstone at tynecastle since they came back up (only 2 games mind) it isnt a foregone conclusion

If we do get through, I'd much prefer Partick as Falkirk have knocked us out the cup twice since we beat them at Ibrox in 98 (2003 and 2009), and they put us out the wee cup this year. Last time we played Partick we won the cup :)

My boss is a Partick fan so we're both quite excited about the prospect of a Fifth Round meeting. I've promised him a square go on Gorgie Road after the match. :thumbsup:

who did the losers get?

:rudi:

If you'd bothered to read the thread Sponkle you'd notice that someone (me) posted that Hibs/Ayr will play St Mirren/Peterhead.

Sort your life out.

:pinilla:

If you'd bothered to read the thread Sponkle you'd notice that someone (me) posted that Hibs/Ayr will play St Mirren/Peterhead.

Sort your life out.

:pinilla:

:lol: ta.

Not that I'm insanely optimistic or anything but after this draw, we've definitely got the cup in the bag.

Hearts for the double - easy !!

stop taking drugs m8, there not good for you...

exactly :thumbsup:

Archived