Greatest players to grace away dressing room

joshp

netherleejambo

If you include friendlies - Jimmy Greaves and Alan Gizean played for Spurs in the late 60's and Gary Lenekar scored for Leicester in a pre season friendly.

Dzeko was a 17 year old substitute for Zeljeznicar books when we played them in the UEFA cup.

Well I never, I imagine he learned a lot that night that made him the player he is now :D

In my lifetime, Laudrup and Larsson are the 2 absolute stand outs. Michael Mols before he knackered his knee was also up there.

I have to say Trevor Steven & Ray Wilkins when they were at Rangers could have graced pretty much any team in Europe at the time. Two truely great footballers.

kingantti1874

I have to say it has been a pleasure to be able to see guys like Laudrup, Gascoigne, Mols, Larsson, Moravcik and Di Canio all play at Tynecastle.

I would say a privilege not a pleasure as more often than not we were on the receiving end of a doing at their hands. Didn't Samuel eto'o play for Majorca against us also or have I imagined that?

You are right. I was there :ermm::D and you are right about his class that day, it stuck out like a mile and if I remember correctly :( he looked about 60 I seem to remember him making one run half the length of the pitch and the crowed going daft in a jovial type of manner. :D

Certainly was not Alex McDonald, when was Sandy Jardines testimonial as I am pretty certain GB had stopped playing football by then.

Did Bobby Moore not appear at Tynie for Fulham?

Texaco Cup in the 70s - I was at the game and I'm pretty sure he did.

My all time fave players in SPL - Gazza & Laudrup.

Lubanski - of Gornik & Poland. They were ECWC finalists in the 70s and I think we stuffed them just a year ot two later in a downpour at Tynie.

Hearts Heritage

Certainly was not Alex McDonald, when was Sandy Jardines testimonial as I am pretty certain GB had stopped playing football by then.

I don't have a record of Sandy Jardine' testimonial match. I was looking through the programme covers and couldn't find one. Any ideas when it was played?

I don't have a record of Sandy Jardine' testimonial match. I was looking through the programme covers and couldn't find one. Any ideas when it was played?

Not sure but they retired about the same time so I would guess the late 80's

Texaco Cup in the 70s - I was at the game and I'm pretty sure he did.

My all time fave players in SPL - Gazza & Laudrup.

Lubanski - of Gornik & Poland. They were ECWC finalists in the 70s and I think we stuffed them just a year ot two later in a downpour at Tynie.

Game was abandoned before half time.

tartofmidlothian

Augenthaler, Thon and Reuter from Bayern Munich, Balakov from Stuttgart and Susic and Rocheteau from PSG.

(Thanks London Hearts for refreshing my memory)

Good shout. Also Alexander Hleb was an unused sub that day.

Did Hibs not play Meadowbank in another useless attempt at the Scottish cup @ tynie with Best in their team?

Yep, and Best played. I was there in the Meadowbank end (the shed) as I wanted to see Best in the flesh. It was a bit like Nade in Europe, he barely moved out the centre circle, but the difference was everything he did was effective.

Oh and he would have been in the away dressing room as it was officially a Meadowbank home game.

tartofmidlothian

A few recent contenders.

Traianos Dellas (Athens)

D?niel T?zs?r (Athens and Ferencvaros)

Michal Kadlec and Tomas Repka (Sparta Prague)

Thanks, London Hearts!

Rino gattuso- not the prettiest footballer ever, but pretty brutally effective, and highly decorated by all accounts

tartofmidlothian

In the Scottish game Larsson by a mile, followed by Keane and Gattuso. Also honourable mentions for Moravcik, McCoist, McFadden and Viduka. But then I'm not old enough to remember Gazza, Laudrup et al.

Surely Mickey Cameron and Neil McCann played against us before they moved here? :thumbsup:

Big_Hearts_Runner

When did dzeko play against hearts?

Unused sub in a 2-0 win (De Vries & Webster) for the famous V Zeljeznicar Sarajevo at Tynecastle.

D?eko came on as the first sub for Zeljeznicar in the second leg in Sarajevo, but couldn't find his way past Tepi Moilanen 0-0. Hearts going through 2-0 on aggregate to face Bordeaux.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/3190226.stm

Massimo Bonini of Bologna. Played for Juve in the Heysel disaster European Cup final. Refused to give up his San Marino citizenship so played for them rather than Italy. Antonio Cabrini played for Bologna as well, but only appeared in the away leg. Possibly an unused sub at Tynecastle?

Carlos Roa of Real Mallorca. Argentina' goalkeeper in the 1998 World Cup.

Game was abandoned before half time.

I remember that. I sneaked in at the school end and when everyone was chanting we want our money back I stood there, hands in pockets looking at my shoes :whistling: It was pissing down that night. must have been 1970?

wheatfield to sheffield

Best away team players I have seen at Tynecastle

Niemi (for Rangers)

McLaren (for Rangers)

McPherson (for Rangers)

Pressley (for Dundee Utd, Rangers, Celtic, Falkirk)

McKinlay (for Dundee, Celtic)

McCann (for Dundee, Rangers)

Hartley (for Hubz, Celtic)

Bannon (for Dundee Utd)

Stewart (for Hobz)

Kyle (for Kilmarnock)

Colquhoun (for Celtic)

WorldChampions1902

I don't believe Hearts gave Sandy Jardine a Testimonial?

I pity some of my fellow Jambos if some of those listed are the best players they have seen gracing the hallowed turf at Tynecastle. Tomas Repka (if he has even been in the visitor's dressing room...)? Kevin Kyle for Killie?? Michael Stewart for Hibs???

Suso wept.

Archived