Reasons to Suggest , Romanov is Still Picking the Team

Csaba's Broon Shoes

HMFCjamieHMFC
Although according to the old guy behind me Larry was not injured, he was "a lazy wee waster".

Unbelievable that guy.

yeah a lot of people were saying the same thing that he was a lazy *******

bringing on a player to win the match who hasn't even played for us, Screpis. Was even more bizarre imo

Sorry Rudi but you don't bring a man on, on the 90th minute to win a game. The Screpis situation is just another example of the farce our club has become. If Romanov had wanted Screpis to play for hearts he would have been signed on the 1st of January not the 31st. He was forced to bring him to Hearts and hasn't played him for a full match since.

I think that there is still some merit in this arguement although it is difficult to prove. All decent coaches/managers have a preferred formation and a secondary formation to fall back on when circumstances dictate. For me, Frail has shown a preference for 4 4 2 and in what he himself described as the clubs most important game so far, he opts for one out and out striker with Kingston playing just off him, a strange choice indeed. Most people at Love Street last week would concede that Mole and Elliot are too similar so in the absence of Nade, why not play Glen or Makela, they are after all strikers who could augment a 4 4 2 and that way his prefered formation is maintained for a crucial game. Playing an impotent striker with no guile or class up on his own was always going to end in abject failure. That and the fact that the likes of Zalukius who has regularly let us down this season gets in in front of McGowan for example, not exactly a positive move if it was indeed Frail who picked the team.

SCREPIS WAS BROUGHT ON BECAUSE LARRY WAS INJURED!

NOT THROUGH A TACTICAL EPIPHANY FRAIL HAD!

LOUD NOISES!

GRRRRRRR!

jack D and coke
Would not be the first time in football that a player is left out as he has no intention of staying past his contract.

Zali had a very decent game today IMO.

I hate Zaliuskas. Never in my life have i ever felt such a dislike for a player wearing the Hearts jersey. Zaliuskas GTF!!!

Drylaw Hearts
I don't think Romanov has picked the team since the end of 2007.

Neither do I.

But I think there are players who he has told Frail not to play.

Tall is clearly a better defender than Zaliukas.

Zaliukas had played only 90 minutes more of Football this year than Tall.

70 awful minutes against Dundee Utd at New Year and a couple of sub appearances since.

So I don't think there will have been anything between them with regards to their fitness levels.

It is Tall's appearance money payments that may have counted against him !

I think Frail was also told he couldn't play Velicka prior to his Transfer.

And Makela is a big no no.

rudi must stay
SCREPIS WAS BROUGHT ON BECAUSE LARRY WAS INJURED!

NOT THROUGH A TACTICAL EPIPHANY FRAIL HAD![/b]

LOUD NOISES!

GRRRRRRR!

brought on with 2 mins to go though. What's the point in that? As for the bit in bold after some of his subs lately i wouldn't be suprised

JamboJoker98

The reason he hasn't played in months is because he wouldn't sign a new contract, came to light earlier in the season when he was a stand out for the first 8 games or so then inexplicably dropped.

And Zaliukas isn't very good. If a new manager is not appointed who I believe would not stand for interference ala Davies, McGhee, Jefferies etc and not a lap dog then I would tend to say that Romanov still had a big say in team affairs yes.

Auld Reekin'
The reason he hasn't played in months is because he wouldn't sign a new contract, came to light earlier in the season when he was a stand out for the first 8 games or so then inexplicably dropped.

And Zaliukas isn't very good. If a new manager is not appointed who I believe would not stand for interference ala Davies, McGhee, Jefferies etc and not a lap dog then I would tend to say that Romanov still had a big say in team affairs yes.

I agree. (I think... :confused:;) )

The clearest signal of Romanov's intentions will be who is appointed manager and how long they remain in the job. If Frail, or a pyramid lackey, gets the job, then it's very likely that VR is still demanding to have a significant say in team matters. If we get McGhee, Levein, Jeffries, Davies - or someone else of the similar or higher standing in the game - then it will be a very positive sign that Romanov is prepared to keep his nose out (for as long as the new manager is still an employee of HMFC, that is...).

As to the level of his continuing interference in team affairs, who knows? My personal feeling is that he has not stepped as far back as he has tried to make out, or as some people believe. :gangsta:

Would not be the first time in football that a player is left out as he has no intention of staying past his contract.

Zali had a very decent game today IMO.

Are you drunk?

Gigolo-Aunt
Are you drunk?

Nope.

I thought for a player who has hardly kicked a ball since Jan - he was not as bad as some made out.

I thought he had a very decent game.

Nope.

I thought for a player who has hardly kicked a ball since Jan - he was not as bad as some made out.

Zaluikas is a sunday league player & as for Ksanavicius he wouldn't have got a game for the 8 year olds on at half time, whoever gave this imposter a new deal should have their head looked at, the two of them can GTF.

Dirk Diggler

The quicker Zaliukas is back in Kaunas the better imo.

I don't care who picked him, The worry is he was picked.

I thought he was awful.

Drylaw Hearts
The quicker Zaliukas is back in Kaunas the better imo.

I don't care who picked him, The worry is he was picked.

I thought he was awful.

Agreed.

Toxteth O'Grady
Nope.

He was rank, every time he had the ball he passed it to a Falkirk player

Gigolo-Aunt

Well , when I form my breakaway team called AFC Hearts and make him my first signing.

You will all be sorry.

Difficult to tell really given the current state of our squad. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has a say of some sort in the team, but seeing as we've not got a manager yet, I'm not overly worried tbh.

I presume Karipidis is injured. Tall is being left out for contractual stuff (i think) which is normal in football, so it was either Zal, McGowan or Kanchelskis.

I thought Zaliukas along with Berra done okay today (not great but not bad either)

Zal made some bad passes that others had to tidy up, he also made some good passes, he made 3 or 4 great tackles/blocks in the box, in otherwords the same usual Zaliukas.

Berra missed a couple of headers that others had to tidy up, he also made a few headers, he made some good passes but he also passed straight to the opposition, he also made a few blocks, in otherwords the same usual Berra.

Thought they were both as good/bad as each other yesterday.

He'll always make sure there are Lithuanians in it though

I don't really get this arguement. The Lithuanians are dropped chopped and changed regulary yet they are supposedly VR's favourites, yet the 2 ever presents this season are Berra and Neilson, both Scottish, and both at times have deserved (Neilson more so than Berra) imo to be dropped just as much as any Lithuanian.

asomerville
Anybody think that Romanov still has a major say in picking the team ?

Zalukas picked ahead of Tall

Tall is injured

Ryan Gosling

Zaliukas - when he was bad, he was abysmal. When he was good, he was excellent. Sadly, he was bad more than he was good.

I presume Karipidis is injured. Tall is being left out for contractual stuff (i think) which is normal in football, so it was either Zal, McGowan or Kanchelskis.

Just like Wes Brown who won't sign a contract at Man United?

No, he's played more than any other United player this year.

The footshootery at Hearts continues to amaze me.

Honestly, do people just choose to blatently ignore what goes on at Hearts when it doesn't fit their agenda.

As far as I remember Tall had to hobble off in a game a few weeks back having donw his hamstring, as a result he misses several weeks, giving Karapidis his chance.

Tall on his comeback game in the reserves does his back in, ruling him out of an immediate comeback.

Karapidis gets injured so Zal comes in. Tall takes Zals place on the bench.

No conspirecy theories, no web of lies, no footshootery, just an unfortunate run of injuries.

JamboJimmyB

Frail has clearly stated on many occasions since the beginning of January that he is picking the team, end of story.

Is this thread designed to divert some of the critism away from Frail on to Romanov for the recent poor performances !

Frail has also stated that he rates Elliot highly which is why he is playing, apparently he tries really hard in training.

If Frail chooses to play Elliot and some of the sub-standard lithuanians to appease Romanov then on his head be it.

Honestly, do people just choose to blatently ignore what goes on at Hearts when it doesn't fit their agenda.

As far as I remember Tall had to hobble off in a game a few weeks back having donw his hamstring, as a result he misses several weeks, giving Karapidis his chance.

Tall on his comeback game in the reserves does his back in, ruling him out of an immediate comeback.

Karapidis gets injured so Zal comes in. Tall takes Zals place on the bench.

No conspirecy theories, no web of lies, no footshootery, just an unfortunate run of injuries.

My point is that we seem to accept this rubbish that it is normal to freeze out a player who doesn't want to sign a new contract. One of the most deluded on here suggested that Brellier was a 'contract rebel' when he had more than a year to go!

Webster was booted from the side when he let it be known he wanted to leave. Same with Skacel. And the same in the autumn with Tall (I agree that he injured his hamstring against Falkirk I think which explains his recent absence).

Ryan Gosling
My point is that we seem to accept this rubbish that it is normal to freeze out a player who doesn't want to sign a new contract. One of the most deluded on here suggested that Brellier was a 'contract rebel' when he had more than a year to go!

Webster was booted from the side when he let it be known he wanted to leave. Same with Skacel. And the same in the autumn with Tall (I agree that he injured his hamstring against Falkirk I think which explains his recent absence).

Webster played every week he was fit bar one game against Dundee Utd, until April.

Webster played every week he was fit bar one game against Dundee Utd, until April.

What happened after the semi final? In which he played and was excellent.

How many games after that? Will Man United now drop Wes Brown? Will they do it in April?

Ryan Gosling
What happened after the semi final? In which he played and was excellent.

How many games after that? Will Man United now drop Wes Brown? Will they do it in April?

After the semi final he played against Celtic and was then a substitute against Dunfermline in a game where the team was freshened up a bit (a good excuse I'm sure they thought) and then he wasn't involved ever again.

His performance against Celtic must have been really bad.

:P;)

I don't think VR picks the team, but I don't think he has to any more. Frail is 80% in sync with VR's thinking by the look of it in terms of selection, tactics and his "shrug of the shoulders" type response to things not going well.

Actually, who picks the team is basically irrelevant now it seems to me. It's no longer about the team , the quality of the squad, winning games, doing well, entertainment.... None of these things matter anymore. What does matter on recent evidence is player monopoly and trying to capitalise on the handful of players who can bring in transfer money to Vlad/UBIG.

In a perverse way, VR not picking the team anymore is a sign of his complete loss of interest in that side of things...and perhaps therefore a harbinger of an even greater loss of interest in the club as a whole. :sad:

My thoughts for the last two years.

Vlad will not change. Only the puppets will.

Gary Neville has been injured for how long ?

They have no one else to play at RB - that's why Brown gets picked. Fergie and the fans hate him for turning down down ?55k per week but they have no other options right now.

As for footshootery (great word) : we are beyond the pale.

Gary Neville has been injured for how long ?

They have no one else to play at RB - that's why Brown gets picked. Fergie and the fans hate him for turning down down ?55k per week but they have no other options right now.

As for footshootery (great word) : we are beyond the pale.

They have John O'Shea, Owen Hargreaves and a young player whose name I can't remember. There was the option to bring in another right back in January. Plenty options.

Anyone remember the game last year against Kilmarnock in the last game of the season when we still had a chance of Europe - and we paid Brellier to leave a week before it because VR couldn't stand the sight of him? Or remember the reason why Frail said Bednar was going to WBA - to 'improve his fitness'?

Archived