Reasons to Suggest , Romanov is Still Picking the Team

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Anybody think that Romanov still has a major say in picking the team ?

Zalukas picked ahead of Tall

BobbyJenkins

I dont know if he is or isnt. I thought Tall was injured, taken off in the last reserve game?

Gigolo-Aunt

Would not be the first time in football that a player is left out as he has no intention of staying past his contract.

Zali had a very decent game today IMO.

Clerry Jambo
Would not be the first time in football that a player is left out as he has no intention of staying past his contract.

Zali had a very decent game today IMO.

Centre Half ma erse:mad:

Ryan Gosling

Bollocks. Tall has barely played in months. It was the right choice (fitness wise).

Anything else?

Gigolo-Aunt
Centre Half ma erse:mad:

What did he do wrong today ??

Zali is a decent CH who suffered from thinking he was a better player than he was. Was rightly left out for a period of time - will be interesting to see how he shapes up now.

portobellojambo1

It was mentioned in the area I sit that today's team had a distinctly Romanov look about it. If Karipidis was indeed injured today, and Tall is still carrying an injury I would have preferred to have seen one of the youngsters in.

Maybe I viewed the game differently to others but I thought Zaliukas had an absolute stinker, another referee could have given a penalty when he clearly pushed a Falkirk player into the hordings second half (also not sure if it was he or Berra who was last man in the first half incident either, when we got an offside decision in our favour where the Falkirk player was onside and was brought down by the last man, who should have been sent off). Add to that some shocking passes, poor heading and marking and his tendency to try and hide up Berra's ass, p i s s poor, was glad to read on another thread that he could be about to leave the club (oh those that said he was better than Webster or Pressley, in fact better than the two of them combined, Lithuania's answer to Bobby Moore, in truth he is **** hopeless).

Clerry Jambo
What did he do wrong today ??

Zali is a decent CH who suffered from thinking he was a better player than he was. Was rightly left out for a period of time - will be interesting to see how he shapes up now.

Sorry chief, dont rate "big heid" one bit.....

Commanding centre half - my back side:mad:

send him back and get a quality centre half along side Christophe;)

Ryan Gosling

If Romanov was indeed still picking the team, why the hell is Calum Elliot playing every week and why is Beniusis gone?

i don't think he's picked the team since the summer

It was mentioned in the area I sit that today's team had a distinctly Romanov look about it. If Karipidis was indeed injured today, and Tall is still carrying an injury I would have preferred to have seen one of the youngsters in.

Maybe I viewed the game differently to others but I thought Zaliukas had an absolute stinker, another referee could have given a penalty when he clearly pushed a Falkirk player into the hordings second half (also not sure if it was he or Berra who was last man in the first half incident either, when we got an offside decision in our favour where the Falkirk player was onside and was brought down by the last man, who should have been sent off). Add to that some shocking passes, poor heading and marking and his tendency to try and hide up Berra's ass, p i s s poor, was glad to read on another thread that he could be about to leave the club (oh those that said he was better than Webster or Pressley, in fact better than the two of them combined, Lithuania's answer to Bobby Moore, in truth he is **** hopeless).

Totally agree. The ability to make a pass to a player on the same team has always been quite important in my book. Horrendous performance today along with ksanavicious.

I don't see any evidence at all that Vlad picked the team.

Just people thinking about things too much in the wake of a bad result.

Drew Busby !

I don't think VR picks the team, but I don't think he has to any more. Frail is 80% in sync with VR's thinking by the look of it in terms of selection, tactics and his "shrug of the shoulders" type response to things not going well.

Actually, who picks the team is basically irrelevant now it seems to me. It's no longer about the team , the quality of the squad, winning games, doing well, entertainment.... None of these things matter anymore. What does matter on recent evidence is player monopoly and trying to capitalise on the handful of players who can bring in transfer money to Vlad/UBIG.

In a perverse way, VR not picking the team anymore is a sign of his complete loss of interest in that side of things...and perhaps therefore a harbinger of an even greater loss of interest in the club as a whole. :sad:

Ryan Gosling

Bizarrely only one Lithuanian has been starting recently - Cesnauskis, and then Miko. Miko earned his place on merit, both played because of injury to Driver..

PJ, Lee Wallace was the "last man" who hacked down the thankfully offside Barrett. Didn't think Zaliclueless was THAT bad but so many of our players had stinkers today that's not saying a lot.

rudi must stay

bringing on a player to win the match who hasn't even played for us, Screpis. Was even more bizarre imo

bringing on a player to win the match who hasn't even played for us, Screpis. Was even more bizarre imo

In your view was there anyone else on the bench who was capable of winning it?

Might as well give the unknown the chance.

rudi must stay
In your view was there anyone else on the bench who was capable of winning it?

Might as well give the unknown the chance.

there was no point bringing anyone on at all. We were causing them problems at that point in the match and then we gave them back the advantage by making a sub

there was no point bringing anyone on at all. We were causing them problems at that point in the match and then we gave them back the advantage by making a sub

Larry was done. It was necessary.

And he has played for us before.

rossthejambo

considering tall is just back from an injury why would you put him straight into the first team when zali is clearly fit?

cesny played in place of driver and miko is there on merit IMO.

IMO vlad isnt picking the team or having any input on the team at all. i just think that frail isnt good enough at the job.

Ryan Gosling
considering tall is just back from an injury why would you put him straight into the first team when zali is clearly fit?

cesny played in place of driver and miko is there on merit IMO.

IMO vlad isnt picking the team or having any input on the team at all. i just think that frail isnt good enough at the job.

Buy that man a drink

boabyarsebiscuit

He came on against Inverness and played well. Should have started imho. Or come on for Cesnauskis instead of the useless midget.

I questioned the Zal inclusion at first, because I didnt know Karapidis was injured.

And tbh I thought Tall was Goncalves until I got home!:laugh:

Fair call IMO. To suggest it is evidence of Vlad picking the team is nonsense.

Also the inclusion of Larry today seems to have proved a few wrong...

rudi must stay
Larry was done. It was necessary.

And he has played for us before.

when we were 3-0 up at Inverness and the game was over. This was totally different. As for Larry being done, don't really agree there Falkirk didn't know how to defend against him all match..

Ryan Gosling
when we were 3-0 up at Inverness and the game was over. This was totally different. As for Larry being done, don't really agree there Falkirk didn't know how to defend against him all match..

He could barely walk!

rossthejambo

larry was struggling with about 15 minutes to go. worrying that it took 15 minutes for frail to notice that and do something about it

Larry was injured. He had been kicked up and down the park all day and needed to be subbed.

Screpis was the logical replacement for him.

Although according to the old guy behind me Larry was not injured, he was "a lazy wee waster".

Unbelievable that guy.

rudi must stay
He could barely walk!

so what. He was causing them problems and we were getting free-kicks and corners everytime he got the ball

so what. He was causing them problems and we were getting free-kicks and corners everytime he got the ball

He was injured!

Jeez man!

Ryan Gosling
Although according to the old guy behind me Larry was not injured, he was "a lazy wee waster".

Unbelievable that guy.

That's no way to talk about Coco!

rudi must stay
He was injured!

Jeez man!

sorry mate. I just thought it was a pointless sub, they were on the ropes at that point and bringing on someone just let them regroup and get back into the match. That's how I saw it

That team could have played for a month and not scored.

After being out for so long with injury, subbing him when he was hurt was a must.

portobellojambo1
PJ, Lee Wallace was the "last man" who hacked down the thankfully offside Barrett.

Since I thought the defender was either Berra or Zaliukas and the forward looked onside I think it might be time to include my specs amongst those things I pack into my pockets before heading to the game (although not sure if a clearer view of what is going on is necessarily a good thing at this point in time !!!).

That's no way to talk about Coco!

I sometimes wonder if him or his family is on here. It would explain some of the views on here!

sorry mate. I just thought it was a pointless sub, they were on the ropes at that point and bringing on someone just let them regroup and get back into the match. That's how I saw it

I see what you're saying, but subbing a guy who has been out for so long when he is injured is necessary.

Larry was booted at every opportunity by Falkirk, and tbh I'm amazed he lasted as long.

rudi must stay
I don't think Romanov has picked the team since the end of 2007.

that's what we've been told eh. He'll always make sure there are Lithuanians in it though

Ryan Gosling
that's what we've been told eh. He'll always make sure there are Lithuanians in it though

Dunno about that. We played for a time against Hibs with no Lithuanians on the pitch.

The Lithuanians in it today were there either on merit or through necessity (barring Audrey IMO). Romanov has clearly stepped back IMO.

Miko - Merit

Ches - Only Fit winger

Zal - Only Fit CH

Sorry mate, feel like I'm hounding you here.:o

rossthejambo
The Lithuanians in it today were there either on merit or through necessity (barring Audrey IMO). Romanov has clearly stepped back IMO.

Miko - Merit

Ches - Only Fit winger

Zal - Only Fit CH

Sorry mate, feel like I'm hounding you here.:o

that makes a change right enough :rolleyes:

rudi must stay
Dunno about that. We played for a time against Hibs with no Lithuanians on the pitch.

interesting.. but now there are Lithuanians in the team

rossthejambo
interesting.. but now there are Lithuanians in the team

ok here's a question. who would you have played ahead of miko or chesney??

we've established you'd pick a half fit Tall befor zali.

rudi must stay
ok here's a question. who would you have played ahead of miko or chesney??

we've established you'd pick a half fit Tall befor zali.

Kingston, 3 in midfield as well. you look back at Burley's team we never played 2 wingers worked well too

rossthejambo
Kingston, 3 in midfield as well. you look back at Burley's team we never played 2 wingers worked well too

skacel was a winger if memory serves me well. and camazolla or chesny or miko played on the right. now that is 2 wingers

rudi must stay
skacel was a winger if memory serves me well. and camazolla or chesny or miko played on the right. now that is 2 wingers

camazolla was a midfielder along with Breiller and Hartley and Skacel was the only winger in the team

I don't care what we've been told, its what I truly believe.

And I do have the ability to think for myself.

rossthejambo
camazolla was a midfielder along with Breiller and Hartley and Skacel was the only winger in the team

its pretty irrelevant tbh. the fact is that there was no-one who could or should have started today ahead of Miko or Chesney. Tall playing ahead of Zali would have been silly IMO.

again IMO no reasons to suggest that vlad is picking the team

rudi must stay
I don't care what we've been told, its what I truly believe.

And I do have the ability to think for myself.

damn right you do. I'm just sceptical that's all you know what the clubs like

A dont care who's pickin the team but can someone please tell me why oh why does Ksnavicius get a game the guy is clearly colour blind

Archived