Adam Rooney

jayjay

Do you seriously think that Rooney has shown enough to merit the Old Firm and Championship clubs being interested in him? The only reason I could see him getting a move to either the Old Firm or the Championship is because both the Old Firm and the top Championship clubs have been slashing down their wage bills for some time now.

I just don't see what the fuss is with the guy, in the games I've seen him both on the TV and against Hearts, he's never looked anything other than mediocre.

Yeah I do.

I rate him quite highly actually.

He'd walk into our team instead of two Ts or Clum.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I do.

I rate him quite highly actually.

He'd walk into our team instead of two Ts or Clum.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but I think the guy is mid-table SPL/ lower Championship level at very best and will not achieve much in the game beyond what he is doing currently at ICT.

In my opinion, Stephen Elliot is a far, far better player than Rooney and Calum Elliot is of roughly the same standard.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but I think the guy is mid-table SPL/ lower Championship level at very best and will not achieve much in the game beyond what he is doing currently at ICT.

In my opinion, Stephen Elliot is a far, far better player than Rooney and Calum Elliot is of roughly the same standard.

Their career goals to games ratio might suggest different.

Johanes de Silentio

Source.

:whistling:

Sportsound - heard it too - not from Butcher, but from a hack who'd asked Inverness staff.

Mad Dog Frazer

all im saying is when this boy jayjay says somethingthen theres usually truth in it.

i therefore thank the lad for what he hs shared wether it be true or not

im just graefull that he shared this

:thumbsup:

Their career goals to games ratio might suggest different.

Adam Rooney scored 6 goals in 30 odd games in his last season in the SPL. He's had a good run this season and did well in the first division (where Calum Elliot also had a superb goals to games ratio) last season , but I've seen nothing in his game to suggest he is any better than an average mid to lower SPL striker.

I guess we'll see how his career develops, if/when he leaves ICT.

portobellojambo1

elliott to peterborough, keep watching.

watching jimmy ryan. we were.

I presume you mean Elliot, as in Calum, rather than Elliott, as in Stephen. That one has already been laughed off by HMFC, like the story of Gary Glen going to Dunfermline.

And I agree with those who say Stephen Elliott in the side is better than Rooney potentially being in the side. We are playing a style of football that doesn't need high scoring strikers (although it was interesting to hear them say on Sky Sports yesterday that the goal Rooney scored against Elgin was his first in 2 months) up front. We need players like Kyle and Stephen Elliott who can manipulate defenders and defences in such a way that anyone in or around the penalty area might score.

The Real Maroonblood

all im saying is when this boy jayjay says somethingthen theres usually truth in it.

i therefore thank the lad for what he hs shared wether it be true or not

im just graefull that he shared this

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Adam Rooney scored 6 goals in 30 odd games in his last season in the SPL. He's had a good run this season and did well in the first division (where Calum Elliot also had a superb goals to games ratio) last season , but I've seen nothing in his game to suggest he is any better than an average mid to lower SPL striker.

I guess we'll see how his career develops, if/when he leaves ICT.

Surely this season is more relevant?

Which ever way you want to look at it, Rooney's career goal to game ratio is the best of those 3 players.

Nelly Terraces

The day will never arrive when I worry who that mob of no-marks sign. Adam who? Never noticed the geezer at any time we've played them. Who actually gives a flying duck, really?

Surely this season is more relevant?

Which ever way you want to look at it, Rooney's career goal to game ratio is the best of those 3 players.

...and I suspect Kenny Deuchar also has a pretty spectacular goal to games ratio. But that'll be because like Rooney, it is largely based on goals at a lower level. Rooney had a good season in the first division last season (just like Dennis Wyness) and continued that in the first couple of months of this.

He hasn't scored in the SPL since a 3 game burst of 6 goals in November against Hibs, Hamilton and Mark McGhee's Aberdeen, which accounts for over half of his entire season total. In fact 8 of his 11 SPL goals came in 4 games. The only top 6 team he has scored against this season is Kilmarnock. Decent lower level SPL goalscorer with some potential, but miles off being a target for the Old Firm or the top Championship clubs.

In defence of Jay Jay - we did go after Wright before the last window closed and we are still interested in him - a replacement for Bouzid who will leave in the summer I suspect.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

The day will never arrive when I worry who that mob of no-marks sign. Adam who? Never noticed the geezer at any time we've played them. Who actually gives a flying duck, really?

You never noticed when he scored against us, nut?

Cool.

Cool.

He wants to show how cool and 'not bovvered' he is, JMT.

Leave him be.

Cool.

When did he score against us? Grant Munro scored at Tynecastle and Eric Odihambo scored at the Caledonian Stadium.

Nelly Terraces

He wants to show how cool and 'not bovvered' he is, JMT.

Leave him be.

I'm honestly not fussed. Try and get that into your childlike brain, sonny. :thumbsup:

When did he score against us? Grant Munro scored at Tynecastle and Eric Odihambo scored at the Caledonian Stadium.

Oops. Nelly you are cool. unsure.gif

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Was it really Grant Munro? :laugh:

ffs..

:vrface:

Having a nightmare now, logging off.

x

edit - it was Rooney you lying rascals.

"Adam Rooney's opener was cancelled out by Kevin Kyle's penalty in a result that see's Terry Butcher's men remain unbeaten away from home for 2010, and Hearts six points clear in third."

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101218/hearts-1-inverness-ct-1_2241469_53610

Was it really Grant Munro? :laugh:

ffs..

:vrface:

Having a nightmare now, logging off.

x

edit - it was Rooney you lying rascals.

"Adam Rooney's opener was cancelled out by Kevin Kyle's penalty in a result that see's Terry Butcher's men remain unbeaten away from home for 2010, and Hearts six points clear in third."

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101218/hearts-1-inverness-ct-1_2241469_53610

The goal was officially credited to Grant Munro on both the SPL and BBC websites. Rooney didn't touch the ball before it went in.

I said this before the alleged Hobo interest but i don`t see the big fuss over Rooney?

Ok, some players need that bigger move to further themselves and maybe have more in the tank to give but looking at Rooney im yet, personally, to see what makes me think he`d fit in at Hearts?

From what i`ve seen he`s not too speedy(before someone says Kyle has other attributes!) and at times his touch looks sloppy. Technically doesn`t look too hot.

Some guys score for fun at lesser clubs against lesser clubs but sometimes can`t handle the bigger expectancy at bigger clubs when they move.

I suppose you don`t know until they get that move but we`ve signed proven players this season while trying to hone our own youngsters. And its working so far.

So are Hibs just a wee team?

Fixed that for you - and the answer is yes!

jayjay has a better record than most when it comes to transfer rumours, so I'm inclined to believe there's something in this - cheers for posting it.

I think Rooney is a decent prospect to be fair. I get the impression that CC has been told his job is safe until next season come what may so he isn't building a team for now, he's trying to build one for next season that doesn't include primadonnas like Ratboy, Miller, et al. Ronney on a pre-contract would be a bit of a coup for them IMHO.

Saying that, I wouldn't take Rooney ahead of Kyle, Elliott or young Robinson so not bothered that we're not making a move.

hartyfaeclery

4 pages would suggest quite a few

Fixed that for you - and the answer is yes!

jayjay has a better record than most when it comes to transfer rumours, so I'm inclined to believe there's something in this - cheers for posting it.

I think Rooney is a decent prospect to be fair. I get the impression that CC has been told his job is safe until next season come what may so he isn't building a team for now, he's trying to build one for next season that doesn't include primadonnas like Ratboy, Miller, et al. Ronney on a pre-contract would be a bit of a coup for them IMHO.

Saying that, I wouldn't take Rooney ahead of Kyle, Elliott or young Robinson so not bothered that we're not making a move.

If he goes to Hibs then I guess they must be pretty confident that some of the people you mention are moving on.

I guess they can promise him first team football, something we could not do at the moment.

I think if we don't put any sort of bid in for Rooney then it shows we are looking to strengthen other areas of the team. Lot's of people on here have called for another striker in the squad. I haven't heard Jim say anything to mirror this. Looks like it will be a midfielder and a defender if we get anything.

Bit do you honestly expect me to say Oh it was so and so that told me... Cmon

Haha I love these questions JayJay eh?

"Yeah, my source is Jimmy Smith who sorts all the paperwork for the players contracts" haha like it makes any difference to the story.

Four pages so far just because of a rumour that Hibs are interested in a player.

It's getting as bad as the OF, where if the Currants are rumoured to be interested in a player then the Tims are 'monitoring the situation'.

On an aside: when my lad was playing U13s with an Edinburgh club, the keeper attracted attention from a few scouts including Rangers. One night I get a phone call from a coach I know who is friendly with a Celtic scout; the coach enquires about the keeper that plays in my lad's team and when I ask as to why he tells me that Celtic have heard that Rangers were interested in him so they wanted to have a look at him and wondered if I had his contact details. A polite F... O.. was my response. He ended up at Riccarton.

Captain Lithuania

If it was a pre contract I'd say, **** the Hibs and offer him one too. We've got something (amongst all things) to offer that they can't. And that's the prospect of European football next season.

if he signed for hibs he would be moving to a team that are lower in the league and are on a spiralling slope to relegation, absolute spanner if he does. He just came up with caley!

Although to be honest it would be a good move for our neighbours along leith way <_<

Frankenstein Jambo.

TBH JJ and BB will be quite aware of the situation of Rooney and if wee don't sign him on a pre contract then there will be a reason thy dont want him.

IMO I would like to see rooney at our club however JJ and the backroom staff know much better than us and TBF the turnaround this season just goes to prove that.

Let worry about our own club rather than a scruffy, duff club like theirs.

I don't want him.

Simply to save us from the inane chants of "Roooooney, Roooooney, Roooooney".

A mate of mines brother works for the agency in which Rooney is signed too. On reading this thread I sent him a text. I had spoken with him a couple of months back about how he was enjoying his new job and he mentioned they were trying to get Rooney a decent move. He just replied to my text saying the wee team have made them their best offer and it is nowhere near what he has been offered elsewhere. The last two words of his text were "no chance"!

I don't want him.

Simply to save us from the inane chants of "Roooooney, Roooooney, Roooooney".

Which is completely different from the 'inane' chants of "Ruuuuudi, Ruuuuudi, Ruuuuudi"?

Archived