Adam Rooney

jayjay

In its favour Nish was not even on the bench yesterday which suggests he is on the way out, and Hibs therefore have only Trukopys and a bunch of failed youngstersas central forwards, so you would assume they are in for someone this deadline.

he's also a Dubliner so Hibs might seem like a decent move, though you would tyhink he would have some awareness of their level; of crapitude

While I admit to less knowledge of the darkside than you, Scott, all I can add is that Rooney must know he is worth far more than whatever H*bs can offer for a proven striker. But surely as a Dubliner the manky toothed Leprechaun would be looking to take him to Parkheid, naw?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott herbertson

While I admit to less knowledge of the darkside than you, Scott, all I can add is that Rooney must know he is worth far more than whatever H*bs can offer for a proven striker. But surely as a Dubliner the manky toothed Leprechaun would be looking to take him to Parkheid, naw?

Maybe he regards Hibs as the first stop on the way to Parkhead - it's worked for countless others!

This doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've never seen the big deal with Rooney,

Phew, i thought it was just me.

This doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've never seen the big deal with Rooney, if he was any good he wouldn't be at ICT and certainly wouldn't be considering signing for Hibs.

Phew, i thought it was just me.

I feel a bit the same. Thing is though, I don't watch the highlights of other games, I only watch Hearts games. He hasn't shone against us and as such I don't get the hype.

He has a good scoring record, and I wouldn't be devastated if we signed him, but I don't know enough about the laddie to think he is the next best thing.

I take it Kuban Krasnodar aren't interested any more..... But to be honest.... Would you move there for about ?15k PW (if a pro footballer obviously).... I'm sure he could get ?6k or so PW in the champ..... Or, alternatively... do another year at ICT and then move on if you prove yourself

Charlie-Brown

as well as being a potential stepping stone to parkhead hibs are probably able to offer bosman signings a sizeable signing on fee. WIth the money they got for stokes and bamba the wee team are probably in a better cash position than most spl clubs.

Bit do you honestly expect me to say Oh it was so and so that told me... Cmon

I see where your coming from but I think folks mean along the lines of:

'current SPL first team player' or 'a coach for the reserves of an SPL team' or 'a leading journalist' etc etc

You could state your source without getting anyone in trouble. Or at least flesh it out a bit.

kingantti1874

Na - I don't know why people don't just leave JJ alone on this one, he has posted many rumours here and even if some of the transfers haven't come off the majority have been of proven substance. I'm sure if he posted his source his source maybe would give out too much more info.

The runours are fun, they make the window interesting and give us something to talk about - don't know why everyone gets so upset about frigging sources...

I've never really seen what the fuss is about with Adam Rooney. Every time ICT have played us, he has looked average at best.

If Caley had an offer from the Hobos they would at least start a rumour to inform other potential buyers. It gives them a chance of other teams coming in for him a bit quicker than they would like and maybe get a bit more cash. More interest more cash for ICT. Anyway I dont think its strikers they need is it.

Seymour M Hersh

The boy appears to have some talent but you never know what will happen when you go to a bigger team with greater expectations (and the hobos are bigger than ICT). However I would have thought better teams than the vermin would have been interested in him. If true it shows, imo, an amazing lack of ambition by the player. And it;s not like they'll throw money at him to make it happen.

i'm a bit meh about this too.

how many times have hibs signed a player that was supposed to be 'a signal of intent' or similar and they just go about their normal business of being complete and utter shite?

not every apparent hotshot makes the grade. remember wyness.

I see where your coming from but I think folks mean along the lines of:

'current SPL first team player' or 'a coach for the reserves of an SPL team' or 'a leading journalist' etc etc

You could state your source without getting anyone in trouble. Or at least flesh it out a bit.

Agree, for example source could have been an early online snippet from one of the Sundays

Finding out some footballing gossip doesn't always have to be some cloak and dagger espionage shite, and if you don't want to reveal your source fine say as much but don't get uppity, when people post a rumour it's the first thing people ask to determine if it is BS or worth debating

You can't expect us to swallow everything that is posted on here, no matter if the person has been correct on some occasions in the past

i'm a bit meh about this too.

how many times have hibs signed a player that was supposed to be 'a signal of intent' or similar and they just go about their normal business of being complete and utter shite?

not every apparent hotshot makes the grade. remember wyness.

Might be wrong but cant remember Wyness having the same scoring record in the SPL.

Rooney has stepped up, fair play to him. It's worked out perfect for him with the timing of this and his contract situation.

Should we go for him?

Mmmmmmm I dunno.

biggrin.gif

Guest vanbasten1874

I've never really seen what the fuss is about with Adam Rooney. Every time ICT have played us, he has looked average at best.

This .

Drylaw Hearts

If JJ wants him and it's a choice between us and them we'll get him.

I think he's far more likely to hit the rigging than Clum so he'd be worth taking a risk on imo.

Might be wrong but cant remember Wyness having the same scoring record in the SPL.

Rooney has stepped up, fair play to him. It's worked out perfect for him with the timing of this and his contract situation.

Should we go for him?

Mmmmmmm I dunno.

biggrin.gif

you're probably right there.

i really don't know is we should go for him or not. if he's as much of an all-round nuisance as stephen elliott is then maybe we should. elliott doesn't appear to be as lethal a finisher as we had hoped, maybe rooney is.

would rooney operate well in our system? JJ will know.

Drylaw Hearts

you're probably right there.

i really don't know is we should go for him or not. if he's as much of an all-round nuisance as stephen elliott is then maybe we should. elliott doesn't appear to be as lethal a finisher as we had hoped, maybe rooney is.

would rooney operate well in our system? JJ will know.

I noticed a similar comment on the Bryson thread.

Should we only sign players that fit into our current system or would it be useful to have a couple of different types of players so we can change our system depending on who we play ?

Nothing wrong with a bit of variety imo.

I noticed a similar comment on the Bryson thread.

Should we only sign players that fit into our current system or would it be useful to have a couple of different types of players so we can change our system depending on who we play ?

Nothing wrong with a bit of variety imo.

depends on JJ's general plan. if he sees a system that he's settled on being more important than anything else then maybe the way forward really is sign players that way. i think you're right that you have to have more than one string to your bow of course. ideally we could do with players who can be coached well and made to understand a variety of tactics.

The boy is soon to be out of contract it makes sense he'll be seeing what's on offer. It's a long way from talking to a club to signing for one. I'd imagine he's likely to speak to more than just Hibs because I'd imagine there'd be interest from more clubs than just Hibs. If he doesn't and he signs for them then the lad has little or no ambition other than the obvious long road move to Celtic of course!

Winston Churchill I have no clue what your link is but I see it's something to do with hibs net or something which I have never been on my puff. As for the frazer wright signing that was very close last summer but obviously didn't get done. Fact of the matter Is hearts were and STILL are interested in signing Frazer Wright.

The day I ever pick info up off another forum Is the day I stop posting!!

Adam Rooney scored the grand total of 6 goals in 36 games in his last full season in the SPL according to soccer base.

He scored a lot of goals last season in the first division and he's carried that form through to this season but I doubt he can sustain it.

He'd struggle to make double figures at Hibs IMO.

Winston Churchill I have no clue what your link is but I see it's something to do with hibs net or something which I have never been on my puff. As for the frazer wright signing that was very close last summer but obviously didn't get done. Fact of the matter Is hearts were and STILL are interested in signing Frazer Wright.

JayJay, have you heard anything more about Bryson, Ryan Flynn, Liam Miller and Andy Webster.. These are the players i'm being told are looking positive?

Bit do you honestly expect me to say Oh it was so and so that told me... Cmon

Don't expect you to tell us who the guy is but would be good to know if he is someone in the know and is he reliable.

winston churchill

JJ is tapped up by vlad.

JJ is linked with his x players.

we dont score goals=kyle

we dont have a box to box midfielder=bryson

bouzid&barr are gash=wright

it not rocket science

I believe you. Hope we don't get Frazer Wright though. :yucky: :yucky: :yucky: :yucky: :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

Tynecastle Valhalla

i hope he does not sign for hibs.

he is certainly better than colin nish.

Templeton'sUnderpants

i hope he does not sign for hibs.

he is certainly better than colin nish.

A one legged gypsy is better than nish.

ThomasFlogel

Don't be so harsh on yourself, although I do agree you are full of it. thumbsup.gif

elliott to peterborough, keep watching.

watching jimmy ryan. we were.

elliott to peterborough, keep watching.

watching jimmy ryan. we were.

No Prancer, I am saying you are full of it. Not interested in your Elliot chat.

ThomasFlogel

No Prancer, I am saying you are full of it. Not interested in your Elliot chat.

I believe you are full of bullshit. The regular poster who shoots everyone down no matter their opinion.

I say the adam rooney rumour is bullshit and you start your rubbish.

I won't be choosing to enter a conversation with you on this. Goodbye sir.

ThomasFlogel

Hmmm.

Right.

So you know its happening?

Terry Butcher says he has had no approach for any of his players. The OP says he's been in talks for days. Doesn't add up. I'll enjoy this when Rooney signs for League 1 team.

I believe you are full of bullshit. The regular poster who shoots everyone down no matter their opinion.

I say the adam rooney rumour is bullshit and you start your rubbish.

I won't be choosing to enter a conversation with you on this. Goodbye sir.

Come back, I fancy an argument. laugh.gif

Drylaw Hearts

So you know its happening?

Terry Butcher says he has had no approach for any of his players. The OP says he's been in talks for days. Doesn't add up. I'll enjoy this when Rooney signs for League 1 team.

No.....I don't now it's happening.

But I don't know it's bullshit either.

:verysmug:

Templeton'sUnderpants

Can Inspector Morse and gazprancerflogel take this elsewhere and allow further discussion of how there is no way that Rooney will be signing for the hibs?

Can Inspector Morse and gazprancerflogel take this elsewhere and allow further discussion of how there is no way that Rooney will be signing for the hibs?

article-1163677-00EC1D4800000578-347_468x398.jpg

We will prove you are the reindeer - they always leave a trail.

I seriously doubt this will happen.

I doubt he's dumb enough to sign for Hibs. He may have spoken to them to see what they were offering but I'd expect one of the OF or a championship club to offer way, way more and sign the guy.

This is the sort of player we should be going for. I wouldn't fancy our chances of getting him so I would rate Hibs chances as practically zero.

I seriously doubt this will happen.

I doubt he's dumb enough to sign for Hibs. He may have spoken to them to see what they were offering but I'd expect one of the OF or a championship club to offer way, way more and sign the guy.

This is the sort of player we should be going for. I wouldn't fancy our chances of getting him so I would rate Hibs chances as practically zero.

Do you seriously think that Rooney has shown enough to merit the Old Firm and Championship clubs being interested in him? The only reason I could see him getting a move to either the Old Firm or the Championship is because both the Old Firm and the top Championship clubs have been slashing down their wage bills for some time now.

I just don't see what the fuss is with the guy, in the games I've seen him both on the TV and against Hearts, he's never looked anything other than mediocre.

Archived