Adam Rooney

jayjay

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

Surely he's not daft enough to climb aboard the Titanic after it's ploughed into the iceberg?!

jamboinglasgow

Are you sure he still will after watching those highlights? Or maybe he thought he was signing for the Maltese club Hibernians.

Heard anything about us JayJay?

rossthejambo

See this source pish! Do you really think on gonn cone on here and tell you whowas telling me?

Calm yourself. You surely can't expect to come on here and post up a rumour and have no-one question where you're getting your info from?

Not having a go because I love hearing all these transfer rumours but no need to get worked up about people asking where you've heard it from./

Heard nowt about us as yet mate. I asked the question is there any Hearts interest in Rooney and there wasn't as far as the guy was aware but it looks like he will sign for Hibs he's been in talks with them for the last few days apparently!

jamboinglasgow

Heard nowt about us as yet mate. I asked the question is there any Hearts interest in Rooney and there wasn't as far as the guy was aware but it looks like he will sign for Hibs he's been in talks with them for the last few days apparently!

cool, I love to know his thinking. Surely he must be getting a big wage (or as big as Hibs can get) or Petrie has promised that they will sign some decent players as it is a strange one to go there at the moment.

Good signing for them, I think he'll help them get the out of the 1st division at the first time of asking.

Must be the name Rooney. seems to be associated with doing stupid things weather that be pumping grannies or worse signing for them

Drylaw Hearts

Terry Butcher said yesterday that ICT haven't had a single enquiry for any of their players.

Would be surprised tbh, as I think he will end up at 1 of da uglies or down south. Good signing for them if true though, and would be chuffed if he ended up at tynie instead :thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

hibs got money for stokes and bamba and with numerous players going out of contract will have space on their wage bill to bring in a striker which they desperately need.

If true then we have to accept its a good signing.

As for rumours, I must admit if I had a mate who was a player or at the club etc and I was told something I wasnt supposed to know I dont think id even post it on here cos theyd be annoyed. If I heard from a loose source or one that wasnt incriminating ie overheard something then Id have no problem so I get a b it dubious of any its a good source but I cant say anything. Dont say anything then.

rossthejambo

Terry Butcher said yesterday that ICT haven't had a single enquiry for any of their players.

I'd imagine it would be a pre-contract DH.

Wouldn't think Petrie & Co would be too keen on shelling out a transfer fee on someone he can get for free at the end of the season.

If it was a pre-contract do Hibs have to make an official approach to ICT?

Not sure if Butcher would admit it anyway would he?

I think ICT don't need to be informed as he's out of contract at the end of the season. I think it's just a gentleman's agreement that the buying club inform the contracted club. Might be wrong though.

ToadKiller Dog

I thought the current bun in an exclusive said he was going to Russia ?

the sun wrong again .

Rooney would be dragged down to the hobo level in no time ,silly move for him if true thought there would be more clubs interested .Would be better waiting to summer and reviewing his options .

Don't think so.But it is courtesy to do so.But it is Hibs making the approach here...

Drylaw Hearts

I'd imagine it would be a pre-contract DH.

Wouldn't think Petrie & Co would be too keen on shelling out a transfer fee on someone he can get for free at the end of the season.

I don't think they have to ask ICT but most clubs have the good grace to at least inform the players current club they intend making an offer.

rossthejambo

I don't think they have to ask ICT but most clubs have the good grace to at least inform the players current club they intend making an offer.

Good grace and Hibernian Football Club don't go hand in hand very often.

I heard that Drylaw but seen a how he's out of contract I. The summer Hibs have no reason to ask Inverness for permission to speak to him. Obviously it's the gentlemans thing to do but as we all know that might not be the Hibs way. And Houston also said there was no offer on the table for Goodwillie and there is and has been since Thursday same source who happens to be and agent thats all I an say. . Football managers will give nothing away they dont want to piss off there fans!!!

Drylaw Hearts

Good grace and Hibernian Football Club don't go hand in hand very often.

IIRC.....

Eddie May was less than complementary about their conduct when they were trying to sign Darren Barr on a precontract.

However...

He had nothing but priase for Hearts.

gorgie_rebel

If true then that would be a very good signing for them

Would have thought other clubs would have been looking at him and maybe champoinship clubs with a bit of cash to offer would have been more tempting to Rooney and ICT

It can only be a good thing for us. Rooneys career will go down the swanny and Inverness who are more of a threat than Hibs will not have a striker :) Happy days.

south morocco

stranger things have happened ,the hubs must be puttin out some great sales pitch to make that happen, cannie see it personally likesay

southside1874

My take on Hibs is that CC want to get rid of the rot in the dressing room before introducing new players. This is going to happen at the end of the season so possibly setting things up for then. The rot in that dressing room is worse than we had before JJ came and chased the wage thieves and primas. I suppose it shows the difference in managers if one waits and another just pushes on with it :thumbsup:

I heard that Drylaw but seen a how he's out of contract I. The summer Hibs have no reason to ask Inverness for permission to speak to him. Obviously it's the gentlemans thing to do but as we all know that might not be the Hibs way. And Houston also said there was no offer on the table for Goodwillie and there is and has been since Thursday same source who happens to be and agent thats all I an say. . Football managers will give nothing away they dont want to piss off there fans!!!

Managers and clubs should keep their traps shut until a deal is done..i would.. How many people have broadcast a deal and been pipped (Mo Johnston anyone). We made the mistake of having the world and their agents thinking Vlad was Abramovitch and everyone was demanding 10k a week. I would like to think we would be interested in this Rooney guy. If we were to add one now then we would surely signal intent. Saying that i think the squad and attitude/mentality in it is capable of finishing 3rd and possibly winning the Cup.

kennyblack'sshot

Would be surprised if true. Rooney needs goals to keep his reputation high and it doesn't matter how many strikers Hibs sign - they still have no wingers, attacking full-backs or midfielders to create chances.

If he's considering Hibs he'd definitely consider Hearts so I'd love to see us make him an offer.

Walter Bishop

Hibs are also trying to sign Mark Reynolds from Motherwell.

I have also been told that if Miller leaves this January (now looking unlikely) Rangers want Riordan.

Johanes de Silentio

Today's Sportsound mentioned rumours about Rooney being linked to a club in Russia - I'm sure they said Moscow?

Ok i might accept this rumour but for this - why would Hibs agree to sign a player who played in the cup for another team in the same round meaning they are cuptied.....oh wait a minute....hibs....scottish cup....theory knackered!

Today's Sportsound mentioned rumours about Rooney being linked to a club in Russia - I'm sure they said Moscow?

Ah, Moscow Hibernian. That'll be that then.

Guest GhostHunter

Why would a talented goalscorer, want to go to a club that has zero ambition ?

NOT going to happen.

Rooney will end up at one of the uglies, or, down south.

Jambomullins

This doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've never seen the big deal with Rooney, if he was any good he wouldn't be at ICT and certainly wouldn't be considering signing for Hibs.

Assuming there is a touch of truth that Rooney has been contacted by the Hobbits, I would hope that any pre-nuptials has the caviat that the contract is nullified should a relegation be involved.

Rumours abound in January, this is one of the less plausible.

scott herbertson

Assuming there is a touch of truth that Rooney has been contacted by the Hobbits, I would hope that any pre-nuptials has the caviat that the contract is nullified should a relegation be involved.

Rumours abound in January, this is one of the less plausible.

In its favour Nish was not even on the bench yesterday which suggests he is on the way out, and Hibs therefore have only Trukopys and a bunch of failed youngstersas central forwards, so you would assume they are in for someone this deadline.

he's also a Dubliner so Hibs might seem like a decent move, though you would tyhink he would have some awareness of their level; of crapitude

The Real Maroonblood

Source.

:whistling:

Archived