Toon in trouble (Merged Threads)

Jamboelite

Got a bit of dough on over 3.5 goals so its looking a bit better than it was at half time :omg!:

They have looked awful and don't really look like getting back in it and are creating hee haw but you never know they get 1 goal and Stevenage will get nervous I think.

And down to 10 men

jjpleasing.gif

looked to me to be a yellow no more

ok saw it again maybe a red was the right call

jamboinglasgow

And down to 10 men

jjpleasing.gif

looked to me to be a yellow no more

ok saw it again maybe a red was the right call

cant understand how Craig Burley thinks its a good tackle. That was a shocker of a tackle.

The Old Tolbooth

That's a soft red card but I can understand why it was given because it looked wreckless, however the lad won the ball fair and square and the Stevenage player made the most of it.

Quite funny hearing the Stevenage fans singing "shall we sing a song for you" :lol:

Never liked pardew ever since he wouldn't let Hearts train at St Mary's when manager of Southampton, tosser!

CavySlaveJambo

Just started listening, whats the fuss about previous meeting?

Stevanage were non-league (mid-table conferance) at the time held them 1-1 and then lost the replay.

Oh and

and not at the stevenage ground.

portobellojambo1

Shocking challenge deserved to go

The above just proves it is all down to opinions. I think the comments made by Craig Burley were the first and last time I'll ever agree with him. I thought that was an absolutely perfect tackle, in which he clearly won the ball, made no contact with the player and the forward then fell over his legs. I've seen much, much worse tackles than that go unpunished. As Craig Burley states we are now getting to the stage where the game will be played by people wearing slippers and puffing on pipes. A contact sport for men is rapidly being turned into a farce when tackles like that are penalised.

Matthew Le Tissier
The above just proves it is all down to opinions. I think the comments made by Craig Burley were the first and last time I'll ever agree with him. I thought that was an absolutely perfect tackle, in which he clearly won the ball, made no contact with the player and the forward then fell over his legs. I've seen much, much worse tackles than that go unpunished. As Craig Burley states we are now getting to the stage where the game will be played by people wearing slippers and puffing on pipes. A contact sport for men is rapidly being turned into a farce when tackles like that are penalised. [/quote\]. His feet were off the ground and it was a scissor motion. Plus pardew got sacked at saints for shagging a players gf, turning up drunk to training and didnt give a toss bout the youth team.

portobellojambo1

Link, stream etc?

There is only 1.5 minutes to play, game is on ESPN.

Extremely harsh red card. Did seem to lunge a bit however won the ball cleanly then the boy fell over him. Good sunday league type tackle :thumbsup:

Been very impressed with Stevenage this evening!

3-1 now well deserved for the second half performance especially

portobellojambo1

His feet were off the ground and it was a scissor motion. Plus pardew got sacked at saints for shagging a players gf, turning up drunk to training and didnt give a toss bout the youth team.

You'll have to forgive me SJ, but I've got no idea what that has to do with a sending off in a football match, but maybe I'm missing something.

With every tackle there is an element of danger involved, and it is all about timing. I agree he jumped but he only tackled with one foot, and clearly won the ball. That is the whole idea of the tackling element of the game to win the ball. If you win it cleanly you shouldn't be punished. He won it cleanly and the forward made as much as he could out of it.

Now Stevenage 3 Newcastle 1 by the way, 30 seconds to play, edit game over.

Was just about to edit my post as Newcastle scored with injury ime still to be played to make it 2 -1 and then Stevenage went up the park and made it 3 -1. :whistling:

Edit: Just seen the other thread so please delete this one mods. :thumbsup:

tartofmidlothian

You'll have to forgive me SJ, but I've got no idea what that has to do with a sending off in a football match, but maybe I'm missing something.

You have to admit it's pretty good scurrilous gossip, though.

Got a bit of dough on over 3.5 goals so its looking a bit better than it was at half time :omg!:

:verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug:

With every tackle there is an element of danger involved, and it is all about timing. I agree he jumped but he only tackled with one foot, and clearly won the ball. That is the whole idea of the tackling element of the game to win the ball. If you win it cleanly you shouldn't be punished. He won it cleanly and the forward made as much as he could out of it.

Now Stevenage 3 Newcastle 1 by the way, 30 seconds to play, edit game over.

was that a stevanage player getting decked just outside the center circle after the pitch invasion

portobellojambo1

Oh dear, looks like they are going out the cup to the mighty Stevenage Borough FC :blink:

Not been a good day for the North East clubs in the FA Cup today.

Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hartlepool all knocked out.

The above just proves it is all down to opinions. I think the comments made by Craig Burley were the first and last time I'll ever agree with him. I thought that was an absolutely perfect tackle, in which he clearly won the ball, made no contact with the player and the forward then fell over his legs. I've seen much, much worse tackles than that go unpunished. As Craig Burley states we are now getting to the stage where the game will be played by people wearing slippers and puffing on pipes. A contact sport for men is rapidly being turned into a farce when tackles like that are penalised.

Hearts slippers? :thumbsup:

It was a reckless, two footed challenge. The fact he got the ball isn't important - he was lucky he got the ball. Dangerous challenge = red.

Good reffing.

Watched it again, and he was aiming ahead of the man - not a late challenge; not over the ball into the player; he did not get the man first before the ball; definitely NOT two footed; he got the ball cleanly and when he made contact with the ball, his foot was on the ground; but, sadly, if it looks wild, you're off today!!!

The Buzzer would have been delighted if he'd made that one!

Footballfirst

WTF is this .... Stevenage fan punching his own player after the game. Watch the guy in the white top.

WTF is this .... Stevenage fan punching his own player after the game. Watch the guy in the white top.

jeezo - WTF is that all about?

Hard to be sure from that it is actually a Stevenage fan.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

That was serious assault and when that guy is caught he is looking at a serious stretch.

That was serious assault and when that guy is caught he is looking at a serious stretch.

Affirmative.

alwaysthereinspirit

2 down to Stevenage jjpleasing.gif

Chris Hughton could be out off work by tonight.

Oh yeah I forgot.

Archived