• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miller Jambo 60

talk of 'sack the board'

talk of 'sack the manager'

talk of 'season ticket boycotts'

talk of 'demonstrations'

"enough is enough" apparently. not quite sure what their expectations are, or indeed if those expectations are in any way realistic... but the weekly installment of the jungle drums of doom have begun.

internet hobos are settling in for a saturday evening of soul searching.

:pleasing:

Phoned my wifes brother(Hibee) and hes really racked off.

They will impload very soon.

Dougstar. im a yam and proud

Cardiac Rucksack

Hibs will not improve from their current predicament until their support realise that the rat is central to everything that is wrong with their tinky little football club. But hes "wan eh us".

Broomie Hearts

Hibernian FC are funny. :lol:

THIS. :thumbsup:

Hibs fc ive sussed you out.

the only reason for your existence is to pleasure us Hearts fans. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Victor Meldrew

I think everyone has quite rightly been impressed with the way Hibs have steadied the ship financially and finished off the development of their stadium.

However, they are now at risk of entering a downward spiral. On the pitch they are rubbish, which (as can be seen from yesterday) deters the fans from coming, thereby causing more financial pressure. That, in turn, requires them to cut costs and or sell players (if there are any worth selling now) and therefore further weakening the team and probably leading to even lower attendances and less money...

I think everyone has quite rightly been impressed with the way Hibs have steadied the ship financially and finished off the development of their stadium.

However, they are now at risk of entering a downward spiral. On the pitch they are rubbish, which (as can be seen from yesterday) deters the fans from coming, thereby causing more financial pressure. That, in turn, requires them to cut costs and or sell players (if there are any worth selling now) and therefore further weakening the team and probably leading to even lower attendances and less money...

I would have been more impressed if it had made a blind bit of difference to their fortunes on the field. It didn't though - it might even have made things worse for them - so I'm not.

If living with debt is what brings you a season like the one we're having, so be it. I'm fine with that.

Hawick Jambo

I'm sorry but I couldn't stay on there any longer. It just didn't seem right

However I loved this reply as part of the debate. They still cling onto their delusions.........

Strange question when it's you who is setting the agenda for change.

You are twisting my words, I didn't say YOU were a Yam, I said open letters are Yammish. Different things.

Why would I redirect the question to Sir Tom? I happen to think that Petrie has done well over a 10 year period, he's got it wrong with the last two bosses, but the club is in a healthy state, and is going through one of those transitions that happen when one great team is dismantled and there is no replacement.

I just worry that an army of fans, who know squat about business, and even less about football, are going to force a change without anything better to put in its place.

If change is needed I would prefer it was done by people who are able to take a longer term view of things than what has happened in the last 12 months (not getting at you there). Fan power would have brought us Brian Kennedy, it brought Mad Vlad to the PBS, and is one of the most dangerous forces in football.

I feel like I am p*ssing against Niagra at times, as I know the empty barrels will have their day, and will be nowhere to be found when things go tits up.

Drylaw Hearts

Phoned my wifes brother(Hibee) and hes really racked off.

They will impload very soon.

Dougstar. im a yam and proud

You watch too many Australian soaps Doug.

First it was Kangeroo meat and now your using "racked off" in you posts.

Anyway....

The reason the guy was "racked off" is because you phoned and not what you phoned about.

I imagine it's a bit like when Onslow calls Hyacinth.....

279062127_89fc490ffb_z.jpg?zz=1

pettigrewsstylist

******* idiots every single one of them.

For a crowd of 6,056 one of the evo sniffers reported it a crowd of less than 7,000 (gies a ******* break mate) :woot:

Just saw this gem on a thread over there, love the description the guy gave of Pat Nevin!

HOWEVER WHY NOT TAKE TIME OUT (just for fun) TO SELECT A NEW BOARD FOR HIBS

Let's say YOU were Sir Tom and you were prepared to prune the current board down from ?450,000 per annum to ?250,000. Who would you have, at what cost and why.

Non-Exec Chairman - John Collins (He would have to buy out Rod's 10% stake)

Chief Exec - Fife Hyland. ?75,000. Better to have a Marketing guy as CE than another accountant

Finance - Jamie Marwick ?50,000. We only need one CA

Marketing and comms - New Face. ?50,000 Must be a young bright marketing guy or gal out there that could improve our comms, matchday experience, fan base and ticketing?

HR - Amanda Jones ?40,000. People and contracts

Director - Pat Nevin. ?35,000. Young bright and articulate. Another football man and an good fan rep

New blood, 2 with football knowledge and a younger more vibrant team to take the club forward

C'mon folks - let's see your selections?

:facepalm:

Tommy Wiseau

Bucketloads of top marketing guys out there available for ?50k a year. And Nevin would be delighted to take on a full time post for ?35k anaw, I'm sure. :rofl:

Just saw this gem on a thread over there, love the description the guy gave of Pat Nevin!

Let's say YOU were Sir Tom and you were prepared to prune the current board down from ?450,000 per annum to ?250,000. Who would you have, at what cost and why.

Chief Exec - Fife Hyland. ?75,000. Better to have a Marketing guy as CE than another accountant

Marketing and comms - New Face. ?50,000 Must be a young bright marketing guy or gal out there that could improve our comms, matchday experience, fan base and ticketing?

Director - Pat Nevin. ?35,000. Young bright and articulate. Another football man and an good fan rep

New blood, 2 with football knowledge and a younger more vibrant team to take the club forward

it really is geting desperate over there :lol::lol::lol:

it really is geting desperate over there :lol::lol::lol:

Don't normally have an interest in what goes on over there but there's too much comedy gold happening since they went in to freefall, it's just too funny! :lol:

WorldChampions1902

FFS this reminds me of the Aldi recruitment Adverts. "Situations Vacant - Thrusting Top Class Graduates required to join our exciting Graduate Programme! Join the team at Aldi managing one of our state of the art Supermarkets in suburbia across the UK. Competitive salary offered iro ?35k plus Audi TT".

Once you start, reality bites as you discover you are on the checkout, stocking shelves and dealing with irate customers complaining about the fact that your checkout operators have thrust your yogurts so quickly straight back into your trolley, they have burst all over your cheap foreign imported canned goods.

Just about sums up the Vermin - they really are the Aldi of the SPL.

I know they are aiming to cut costs but surely they could pay a bit more for director's salaries - that would be a pay cut for the young bright and articulate Pat Nevin.

I've snorted like a wildebeest with a cold reading that.

Please tell me it's not a real post, and that a real human being didn't chuck it up.

Chris Benoit

I've snorted like a wildebeest with a cold reading that.

Please tell me it's not a real post, and that a real human being didn't chuck it up.

To be fair I'd never call one of them over there a real human being, a sad imitation of a human being maybe but even that would be complimentary

Appologies for going off topic, but what happened over letting your laddie try out for Hibs?

pm me

Mad Dog Frazer

non exec chairman - irvine welsh. allowing him to use the half empty stadium for his new zombie blockbuster, frothing from the mouth hobo's high on smack (just a usual Saturday afternoon for most HIV fans)

chief executive - Grant Stott - Mr Pants now in charge of a team WHO ARE PANTS

Finance - The proclaimers - who needs your books under the microscope when youve got these two specky eyed 3 inch lens wearing retards looking over your books

Marketing and comms - New Face. russian hooker from the albion street sauna - Must be a young bright marketing guy or gal out there that could improve our comms, matchday experience, fan base and ticketing

Personal relations managers - Jedward - attracting staff and personel as well as negotiating new contracts - " well hello der deeks you look as daft and ugly as us"

Director - Dougray Scott - currently in Desperate housewives - "cause dougo kens wit its like ti be married ti a Hubs fan"

portobellojambo1

The scottish media are being very quiet about the crisis at fester rd

Possibly been asked to keep things quiet on that front just now, given the financial "guru" behind the drive for a 10 team SPL league appears to be none other than dear old Rod Petrie. The SPL wouldn't want the papers printing anything about decay down Easter Road way at the same time as said guru was providing the financial reasons for going to a 10 team league. It's a bit like shooting yourself in the foot I'd imagine.

The scottish media are being very quiet about the crisis at fester rd

To be fair, I think it's because hibs are shite, have always been shite, and always will be shite.

It's not news when they live up to that lofty expectation.

Guest vanbasten1874

non exec chairman - irvine welsh. allowing him to use the half empty stadium for his new zombie blockbuster, frothing from the mouth hobo's high on smack (just a usual Saturday afternoon for most HIV fans)

chief executive - Grant Stott - Mr Pants now in charge of a team WHO ARE PANTS

Finance - The proclaimers - who needs your books under the microscope when youve got these two specky eyed 3 inch lens wearing retards looking over your books

Marketing and comms - New Face. russian hooker from the albion street sauna - Must be a young bright marketing guy or gal out there that could improve our comms, matchday experience, fan base and ticketing

Personal relations managers - Jedward - attracting staff and personel as well as negotiating new contracts - " well hello der deeks you look as daft and ugly as us"

Director - Dougray Scott - currently in Desperate housewives - "cause dougo kens wit its like ti be married ti a Hubs fan"

Hospitality - J Leslie all your needs catered for :thumbsup:

Rumours are rife over the road that calderwood has tried to resign but been knocked back. Oh dear. They really are falling apart at the seams!!

Hope they don't sack the board. They've done a better job than most of their managers at destroying their hopes through player sales and manager sackings, opening a huge stand they cannot fill...we have help in high places down Leith Way!

• 2 weeks later...

This is was what really cracked me up on hivs.net

"Everbody at that game should keep their ticket stubs and they should be guaranteed a cup final ticket ( in the unlikely event we get through)."

Hmmm in the unlikely event....

Does last night's result mean this guy won't be guaranteed a cup final ticket? :whistling:

Archived