Roman Bednar (merged threads)

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

A friend told me this evening there has been contact between Hearts and Celtic with West Brom about a possible loan deal for Bednar, apparently he was set to join Burley at Palace until he was sacked. Dont know if its true, just had a text and thought i`d "put it out there"

And yes im expecting to be shot down in flames for daring to post such thing as a "rumour".

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts

He's already played for 2 teams this season and unless I'm mistaken I don't think he can play for a 3rd.

Fozzyonthefence

A friend told me this evening there has been contact between Hearts and Celtic with West Brom about a possible loan deal for Bednar, apparently he was set to join Burley at Palace until he was sacked. Dont know if its true, just had a text and thought i`d "put it out there"

And yes im expecting to be shot down in flames for daring to post such thing as a "rumour".

I was wondering what had happened to him - presumably he's not injured then? He scored for fun in the Championship but didn't seem to get much of a chance in the EPL, although I never thought he would be good enough anyway. Would be good enough for us though, as long as West Brom meet most of his wages!

Frankenstein Jambo.

He woud be a fantastic signing and could be the bridge between europe and leeague championship.

Could we afford his wages though...

Dr Ian Malcolm

Never really got the love for Bednar tbh. Jankasukas was a far better player.

Think Drylaw is right, he's played for WBA and Leicester already this season.

Is his loan deal finished with Leicester already?

Walter Bishop

Think Drylaw is right, he's played for WBA and Leicester already this season.

Is his loan deal finished with Leicester already?

Oh well that puts that rumour to bed, just texted my mate back to tell hime he is talking pish :thumbsup: !!!

Yeah he his loan finished on 3rd january.

Never really got the love for Bednar tbh. Jankasukas was a far better player.

Agree with this, but would still take the Bednar fella' back in a heart beat. Janny ain't available any more.

jt

Jankauskas was the better player in terms of technical ability but then he was at the other end of his career. In terms of Bednar's raw ability, he was tremendous. If it hadnt been for injury i think he would have strung together some good form. to say "we dont need him" is crazy. We dont 'need' Craig Gordon or Fernando Torres, but would we take them? Hell yes! Bednar is better than some of what we have so yes he would be a great asset. We can't say we'd offload Clum in one breath and say we wouldnt want Bednar with the next. But for all this....It wont happen.

Diadora Van Basten

As a big Bednar fan then Roman signing for Hearts would be heaven. Signing for Celtic would be hell.

southside1874

If Vlad can sign Rix as manager then I'm sure bednars past won't be a problem.................. :whistling: I'm thinking Bednar would be a good signing for Hearts and the player.

loveofthegame

Bednar's goal in the win against rangers was one of the best moments/days of my life. That was the day i(and i reckon so many others) genuinely started to "believe". Happy memories.

That is all.

John Gentleman

Bednar's goal in the win against rangers was one of the best moments/days of my life. That was the day i(and i reckon so many others) genuinely started to "believe". Happy memories.

That is all.

Austin McCann's vs the Shellick was a also thing of beauty. It didn't get him anywhere though.

In Bednar's case, his particular souffle wouldn't rise twice.

Let's move on folks......

Tommy Wiseau

Austin McCann's vs the Shellick was a also thing of beauty. It didn't get him anywhere though.

In Bednar's case, his particular souffle wouldn't rise twice.

Let's move on folks......

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were saying that Roman Bednar did nothing for Hearts aside from that goal against Rangers.

But then, that'd just be silly.

kingantti1874

Bednar was a great player, he didn't try a leg though towered the end of his time with the club - that said if he came back I'd forgive and forget - with the service available in this league Kyle an bednar would cause mayhem so all would be forgiven

Can't see it tho

Guest GhostHunter

Bednar will never come back to Edinburgh.

Having said that, if he does - there will be a "welcoming committee" waiting to greet him.

Everybody loves Baz

Having said that, if he does - there will be a "welcoming committee" waiting to greet him.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH,

Another " i know something you don't " post.

PM PLEASE.

OMG please please please be true!

What a talent he was until his injury, I would take him back in a heart beat.

Sadly I'd imagine his wage demands will be sky high now so unlikely.

The Treasurer

JJ has stated that it's not club policy to do loan deals for players coming to the club so I very much doubt this or any other such move will happen

Buffalo Bill

He was certainly a player up until his injury (v Rangers), but was never quite the same player after that, although still a threat.

Would I take him back as cover/competition for Kyle?

****ing hell, yes.

oh ah grantona

JJ has stated that it's not club policy to do loan deals for players coming to the club so I very much doubt this or any other such move will happen

Unless it suits us i.e we can buy at a price good for hearts after/during loan

Loan deals are only worthwhile if there is a chance of making them permanent, unless it is just a short-term fillip to try to win the league or avoid relegation.

We're not likely to win the league this season so I wouldn't want Bednar on a loan - he was a striker who played like a winger, hogging the touchline when he should've been trying to get his ass in the box a bit more. We have plenty of wingers.

Buffalo Bill

Loan deals are only worthwhile if there is a chance of making them permanent, unless it is just a short-term fillip to try to win the league or avoid relegation.

We're not likely to win the league this season.

You given up already, Spellers?

Can't see us bringing in a player like Bednar.

But a striker with pace would be one of my first priorities if there is any available money. A player like Bednar with the power he had in addition to the pace would be fantastic. He had the best movement of any of our strikers since Adam.

Another victim of the lunacy management years. Left out for the likes of Mole and Velicka.

The Mighty Thor

Aye him and Hleb are still due rent arrears on the flat in Roseburn whistling.gif

He's already played for 2 teams this season and unless I'm mistaken I don't think he can play for a 3rd.

I think this is in a calendar year, not a season? As stated earlier though emergency loans dont count.

rossthejambo

We're not likely to win the league this season so I wouldn't want Bednar on a loan - he was a striker who played like a winger, hogging the touchline when he should've been trying to get his ass in the box a bit more. We have plenty of wingers.

Arguably the kind of striker we could use. He could play in the role that Elliott plays, down the channels. I'd think the system we play would suit him perfectly.

Chances are he won't sign like but he would be a brilliant signing.

Can't see us bringing in a player like Bednar.

But a striker with pace would be one of my first priorities if there is any available money. A player like Bednar with the power he had in addition to the pace would be fantastic. He had the best movement of any of our strikers since Adam.

Another victim of the lunacy management years. Left out for the likes of Mole and Velicka.

:o

I can't believe you can include Velicka with Mole.

:o

I can't believe you can include Velicka with Mole.

He was one of the inferior players that the 'management' left Bednar out in favour of.

Mole is clearly a poorer player than Velicka, but both inferior to Bednar.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I've no idea Bednar's wages but I'd doubt HMFC would be willing to pay the full amount, plus we'd want an option to buy at the end of the deal. If it's true that Celtic are in for him, they've shown they're far more willing to throw daft money around and seem quite happy with 6 month loan deals, so I'd imagine it's more likely WBA would agree a deal with Celtic. There would be no point in Hearts getting in a bidding war (in terms of the wages paid as part of a loan deal) with Celtic whilst we're trying to work on a budget.

I'd love it to happen though.

Mad Dog Frazer

I've no idea Bednar's wages but I'd doubt HMFC would be willing to pay the full amount, plus we'd want an option to buy at the end of the deal. If it's true that Celtic are in for him, they've shown they're far more willing to throw daft money around and seem quite happy with 6 month loan deals, so I'd imagine it's more likely WBA would agree a deal with Celtic. There would be no point in Hearts getting in a bidding war (in terms of the wages paid as part of a loan deal) with Celtic whilst we're trying to work on a budget.

I'd love it to happen though.

no chance the guy's pride took a bashing when vlad kicked his ass upside down.

Wasn't it Fedotovas?

Anyway, this is correct. UNLESS there is an option to buy but I don't think that would be the case in this instance.

No offence to the OP but this rumour will not be true.

The Treasurer

Wasn't it Fedotovas?

Anyway, this is correct. UNLESS there is an option to buy but I don't think that would be the case in this instance.

No offence to the OP but this rumour will not be true.

He may have confirmed as much but I seem to remember JJ giving this answer to a direct question on loan signings at the last Platinum ST Briefing.

NewYorkJambo

He was certainly a player up until his injury (v Rangers), but was never quite the same player after that

I'm assuming you mean for Hearts. Because in his first season in the championship he scored 17 goals which is pretty damn good. Then even in the Premiership he scored six in a side that went straight down. Six was more goals than any of our strikers managed in the SPL a few seasons ago!

To all those that are saying that he's past it, and what not. I think you're talking absolute rubbish. I for one, can still see him scoring for fun.........

drug_01_1605_40112a.jpg

:ninja:

Archived