Stephen Elliott

Beats

Guest Bilel Mohsni

But the least ability.

And the fight isn't needed in his position (well it is really) but not in the deeper position where we'd be left short if we were to play 5 attacking players.

Sorry D... I totaly dissagree about Elliott and ability.

Watching TwoT's has been a major part of me enjoying this season more than the last three. he turns on a sixpence, has a fantastic change/turn of pace, has a wonderfull first touch and great ball control.

In short, it is a lovely problem to have but... Elliott is the first proper complete-striker I have seen in a maroon jersey in a few years. I realise we are talking about playing him in less advanced position though than an aout and out striker.

I LOVE IT.

:thumbsup:

When you eventually get that manager's job I'll happily be your assistant.

Don't think Elliott would have done anything last night that Calum didn't do.

Lots of hard work and not much in the way of goal threat.

I'm hoping that Elliott's performances have been self-sacrificed a bit by playing on the wing. So far he's offered hard work and not much more.

:thumbsup:

When you eventually get that manager's job I'll happily be your assistant.

You can be my Peter Taylor any time!

Sorry D... I totaly dissagree about Elliott and ability.

Watching TwoT's has been a major part of me enjoying this season more than the last three. he turns on a sixpence, has a fantastic change/turn of pace, has a wonderfull first touch and great ball control.

In short, it is a lovely problem to have but... Elliott is the first proper complete-striker I have seen in a maroon jersey in a few years. I realise we are talking about playing him in less advanced position though than an aout and out striker.

Just to be clear I wasn't saying he doesn't have ability - just that Driver and Skacel had more.

I'd like to see Elliott play a bit further forward, he is a striker who is being forced to play a tough role due to the formation we are setting out. But the formation is working so won't be changed. I just feel Driver Skacel and Temps supporting Kyle could be more effective than having Elliott in there.

Nice problem to have, and of course we've got to wait and see if Driver is going to hit the ground running or have to work on his form when he finally does return - it's likely to be the latter after so long out.

i agree with coco didn't think Calum was that bad last night but then again i think i fall into the boomstick school of football knowledge.

Would like to see Obua given a chance as well thought he looked good when he came on, he got slated for missing a couple of chances but to be fair he was the only Hearts player to get a header on target last night

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just to be clear I wasn't saying he doesn't have ability - just that Driver and Skacel had more.

I'd like to see Elliott play a bit further forward, he is a striker who is being forced to play a tough role due to the formation we are setting out. But the formation is working so won't be changed. I just feel Driver Skacel and Temps supporting Kyle could be more effective than having Elliott in there.

Nice problem to have, and of course we've got to wait and see if Driver is going to hit the ground running or have to work on his form when he finally does return - it's likely to be the latter after so long out.

I can't really argue with any of that Mr McG.

just had to mention how much I enjoy watching a striker with the skill and ability of TwoT's... He will no doubt cost me some money for some brave/stupid wagers on young Calum and what he could acheive this season but i care little if I get to pay to watch the way he peels of defenders/midfielders and the way he turns and jinks around in dangerous areas. Top forward is Stephen.

:)

i think i fall into the boomstick school of football knowledge.

Clearly a genius then.

The Don Revie to my Brian Clough.

Cheeky sods. I genuinely haven't been this ill for years, it hurts when I move my eyes.

Swine flu I reckon.

stop looking at a computer then

Cheeky sods. I genuinely haven't been this ill for years, it hurts when I move my eyes.

Swine flu I reckon.

Big girl's blouse.

Swine flu I reckon.

Well stop swilling about and put your shades on!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I was pig-sick all festive period so far... I tried to phone the NHS 24 Helpline when I was at my lowest though...

All I got was crackling! :verymad:

Do you watch football? Ever?

We need Black and Adrian in the middle otherwise we would get over ran in every game we play. Open your eyes, too many people on this site seem convinced that we can play 5 forwards and get away with it. Even barcelona dont.

A bit harsh mate. You are right of course. The reason we're doing so well is we've shut the door by playing two holding midfield players. Two players who are playing out of their skins by the way.

If we had a bit more pace in our back 4 we'd get away with playing with one holding player, but we havent so thats that.

portobellojambo1

Hopefully fit for Saturday?

Agree totally. said as much when I got back from the game last night. What we witnessed proved just how much running Stephen Elliott does, how much space he creates for others and how important he is to us at the moment. The perfect foil up front for Kyle, both of whom cause problems and as a result create space for others to profit from.

Calum's statistics for last night were shots at goal 0.5%, successfully getting passed defenders 0.5%, sitting on his arse or tripping over his own feet 99%

He was back to his usual poor standard last night and offered nothing at all.

Archived