I hope so.

My ideal team, with everyone fit is this

Kello

Jonsson Bouzid Zal Wallace

Adrian

Temps Rudi Driver

Eliott

Kyle

But like I said in another thread, I know **** all about football so it probs wouldn't work. :smiliz65:

Back of the Bus

Hopefully fit for Saturday?

Which kinda leads onto the question: Did Clum perform tonight? To which the answer is no.

So Aye, Stevie back please.

I hope so.

Kello

Adrian

Temps Rudi Driver

Eliott

Kyle

But like I said in another thread, I know **** all about football so it probs wouldn't work. :smiliz65:

Where would you play Liam Miller :ninja:

He'll have the very, very important job of keeping JJs boots clean.

:D

Being serious though I think tonight shoukd how good a job Elliott does for the team.Missed Rudi as well though!

But Clum was pish as usual!

Johanes de Silentio

Hopefully fit for Saturday?

I think I heard Elliott has a bug of some kind - hope he makes it.

Kello's is a back problem, I think - hope he makes it too.

Rudi's got a calf problem - really hope he makes it.

Great to have Lee Wallace back in the squad - hopefully Driver & Suso will be back soon too.

We're doing well, but we always have to be at our best - as ever, Saturday is MASSIVE!

Be hard on the guys who have deputised but, we need our best players on the park.

John Gentleman

I posed the same questions on a 'now disappeared' thread which I started.

Perhaps it's JJ just being his wily old self?

I hope so.

Kello

Adrian

Temps Rudi Driver

Eliott

Kyle

Black was superb last night and is too important to the way we play to drop

Missed 2 T's energy, off the ball running and closing down BIG TIME last night, really hope he's fit.

Clum on the other hand hit the post with a good chance and had his usual arm throwing petulant hissy fits - bin him!

mahgrassyshoes

Agreed. Also think that Rudi's game would suffer dropping back a bit. Don;t think he has the workrate for centre mid and would be in a more crowded area of the park so might find difficult to get on the ball and make the passes and runs he does.

If Driver is going to be put back into the team it will have to be at the expense of Elliott or Temps imo. We have a good balance to the team at the minute and there is no point shoe-horning players into the team and upsetting it.

:D

Being serious though I think tonight shoukd how good a job Elliott does for the team.Missed Rudi as well though!

But Clum was pish as usual!

Yep he was pish but can't agree to the words "as usual"

The lad was on fire and our top scorer until his injury, I hope he gets this form back as it keeps the competition strong for places.

Yep he was pish but can't agree to the words "as usual"

The lad was on fire and our top scorer until his injury, I hope he gets this form back as it keeps the competition strong for places.

I thought he looked back to his old self last night in all honesty.

I'd be surprised to see him playing any more than a bit part for the rest of the season.

Hope Elliott is back ASAP because he was badly missed along with Skacel. Thought Stevenson played well in the second half though.

If Elliott has the same bug and chest infection as I've got then no way is he going to be fit.

Man up

I thought Calum did okay last night. Chasing the ball and moving it on smartly. With the noted exception of hitting the post, he never looked like scoring.

Sorry, did Calum or Stephen play last night?:whistling:

Cheeky sods. I genuinely haven't been this ill for years, it hurts when I move my eyes.

Swine flu I reckon.

I had the exact same thing, lasted 6 days. It was brutal.

I hope so.

Kello

Adrian

Temps Rudi Driver

Eliott

Kyle

Do you watch football? Ever?

We need Black and Adrian in the middle otherwise we would get over ran in every game we play. Open your eyes, too many people on this site seem convinced that we can play 5 forwards and get away with it. Even barcelona dont.

We need Black and Adrian in the middle otherwise we would get over ran in every game we play. Open your eyes, too many people on this site seem convinced that we can play 5 forwards and get away with it. Even barcelona dont.

Well naturally I watch football, that's a stupid question. I just wouldn't cut it tactically as a manager of a club. That's cool, it suits me. I don't have that aspiration. I said at the end of my post that it probably wouldn't work. Thanks though.

x

Guest John Meurig Thomas

too many people on this site seem convinced that we can play 5 forwards and get away with it.

Maybe you should go back to your, *ahem*, more preferred Hearts forum then.

peepwall.gif

I hope so.

Kello

Adrian

Temps Rudi Driver

Eliott

Kyle

We would not be the first team to play a diamond 442 formation so the suggestion is not a ridiculous one. We would obviously have to be very selective about when we used it. Play that against a 4-5-1 or the OF and we would struggle. Even then it puts a lot of strain on the full backs and wingers. If they and Rudi bought in to the defensive workload then that formation can work.

Edit: The odds of Temps, Driver and Rudi all being fit at the same time are not that high. If you put Black in between Temps and Driver it would work.

Maybe you should go back to your, *ahem*, more preferred Hearts forum then.

peepwall.gif

I find it rather funny how i have no idea who in gods name you are. Yet one look at my user name and you know i post on two forums. The term grow up springs to mind.

We would not be the first team to play a diamond 442 formation so the suggestion is not a ridiculous one. We would obviously have to be very selective about when we used it. Play that against a 4-5-1 or the OF and we would struggle. Even then it puts a lot of strain on the full backs and wingers. If they and Rudi bought in to the defensive workload then that formation can work.

Edit: The odds of Temps, Driver and Rudi all being fit at the same time are not that high. If you put Black in between Temps and Driver it would work.

Aye, that's what I meant. Maybe I will be a football manager one day.

Celtic blanked me when I applied for the managers job when they sacked monkey heid though so it might be some time coming.

I find it rather funny how i have no idea who in gods name you are. Yet one look at my user name and you know i post on two forums. The term grow up springs to mind.

A "Traditional" Hearts fan telling someone to grow up :rofl:

A "Traditional" Hearts fan telling someone to grow up :rofl:

I wouldnt regard myself as a "Traditional" Hearts fan. I enjoy posting on the other forum, i also ignore some things on it.

Just like how i enjoy reading kickback, I have been for years, i also ignore some people on this forum. I can enjoy things without agreeing with every aspect of it.

I wouldnt regard myself as a "Traditional" Hearts fan. I enjoy posting on the other forum, i also ignore some things on it.

Just like how i enjoy reading kickback, I have been for years, i also ignore some people on this forum. I can enjoy things without agreeing with every aspect of it.

Fair enough :thumbsup:

How is Mickey doing? :whistling:

Right, enough of this bickering, Picard - you're just back FFS.

Let's talk more about my completely original and innovative 442 diamond formation.

Let's talk more about my completely original and innovative 442 diamond formation.

I think you'll find that this thread is actually about my flu.

I think you'll find that this thread is actually about my flu.

My tactical genius will be celebrated long after your flu related death.

I think I have Partridge Syndrom :( Heading for another suspension within 48 hours :laugh:

BTW your formation wouldn't work. Stick with the tried and tested :thumbsup:

Kello

Jonsson Bouzid Zaliukas Ruben

Mrowiec Black

Elliott* Skacel* Templeton

Kyle

*if not fit replace with Obua/Stevenson/Elliot

Fair enough :thumbsup:

How is Mickey doing? :whistling:

You just cant drop it, your like a 6 year old whos just had his new toy taken from him. Im off feel free to reply to cyber space, i might read it in about 5 hours.

Your formation kinda looks like the image that would go on the front of a ladies toilet.

Something for everyone.

I'm sure we have a poster on here that would be sniffing Rudi every week.

Unfortunately for you the tradionalist has called it right.

It would be a shocker.

Take Elliott out for Blackie then that'd be my team though.

Cheeky sods. I genuinely haven't been this ill for years, it hurts when I move my eyes.

Swine flu I reckon.

Oh man I thought it was just me with the sore eyes, have never felt so bad! Back in action now for the big derby!!

Templeton 1st Goal 2-0 has to be the top bet! Either that or Skacel or Kyle to score first, think I'll cover all 3 options...

I think I have Partridge Syndrom :( Heading for another suspension within 48 hours :laugh:

BTW your formation wouldn't work. Stick with the tried and tested :thumbsup:

Kello

Jonsson Bouzid Zaliukas Ruben

Mrowiec Black

Elliott* Skacel* Templeton

Kyle

*if not fit replace with Obua/Stevenson/Elliot

If everyone is fit you wouldn't find space for Lee or Driver?

I hope so.

Kello

Adrian

Temps Rudi Driver

Eliott

Kyle

Since this is where this thread has got to I'll comment on this magnificent piece of tactical genius.

Puts too much pressure on Mrowiec. Switch Elliott for Black and then put him in the position that Rudi is occupying then you may well be onto something.

If everyone is fit you wouldn't find space for Lee or Driver?

Not worth risking them IMO. Would probably have them on the bench though.

Not worth risking them IMO. Would probably have them on the bench though.

Ah but I didn't say that this would be my team for the derby, just that this would be my preferred team when everyone was fit.

RTJ - are you saying you'd like Elliott out?

Ah but I didn't say that this would be my team for the derby, just that this would be my preferred team when everyone was fit.

In that case

Kello

Jonsson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

Mrowiec Black

Templeton Skacel Driver

Kyle

In that formation, yes but that's no slight on his ability.

Not enough fight in the middle of the park IMO and someone would need to drop out be that Elliott, Skacel or Driver. I chose Elliott.

In that formation, yes but that's no slight on his ability.

Not enough fight in the middle of the park IMO and someone would need to drop out be that Elliott, Skacel or Driver. I chose Elliott.

Elliott gives the most fight/effort of the three you mentioned.

But the least ability.

And the fight isn't needed in his position (well it is really) but not in the deeper position where we'd be left short if we were to play 5 attacking players.

You're right he does. But he offers least of the 3 in the attacking third IMO, which is key in the position that he would be playing.

Kello

Adrian

Temps Black Driver

Rudi

Kyle

This would be my team using the Boomstick formation.

I disagree driver gives at least equal fight and effort to Elliott and his commitment to playing when he's not fully fit has contributed to the injury problems he has had.

The 2. 1 derby win at tynecastle last season fired him way up in my estimation. His determination and drive in that game, when not fully fit, was an example to all his team mates.

Archived