Liam Miller

...a bit disco

I'd rather give a young player a chance than waste money on him, he's rank, anonymous in every derby he's played in. Blackie is much better! As is Stevenson.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for my branding of TF a hoboid then I can only offer my apologies, I have clearly missed your more positive posts regarding Hearts. I am wrong sometimes and am happy to admit so. :thumbsup:

No problem :thumbsup:

marshallschunkychicken

To be honest, this rumour has all the hallmarks of having originated on the fibs.net private member board as a 'wind-up'.

portobellojambo1

To be honest, this rumour has all the hallmarks of having originated on the fibs.net private member board as a 'wind-up'.

Either that or it has been picked up through one of the threads on here, then used to fuel things.

See absolutely no need to sign Liam Miller, simply cannot see what he would bring to us as an addition to what we already have. Since leaving Celtic, where he was ordinary at best, he has gone downhill rapidly, and if Hibs don't want him it suggests he must be really around bottom point now.

Na just the general pish that you post on a fairly regular basis.

On the particular post that I quoted you mention Hearts rather than us, a tell tale sign of an undercover welt, and you seem to be revelling in the fact that this thread has had 5,000 views as well.

I trust my judgement on this one.

To be fair, I don't think he is a hibs fan.

I thought he was prancer though! :)

To be fair, I don't think he is a hibs fan.

I thought he was prancer though! :)

:smiliz21:

Arguably worse than a hibs fan

Firstly this rumour is utter pish.

Secondly I can't believe how many supposed jambos rate miller :smiliz23:

Hibs midfield is one of the worst in the spl. Thats where they tend to fall to bits. Miller is a total bottler and is near invisible anytime they have played us. Liam Miller is gash!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Don't really want this guy around as he appears to be one of the main trouble makers in the Hibs dressing room and we have now a settled team spirit at Tynie.

The last thing we need is an overpaid prima donna who has one decent game in ten and is potentially more trouble than he is worth.

Could be wrong though, maybe a boot up the arse from JJ could solve his hash and he settles down and shows his abilities.

Is it worth the chance right now?

Juries out.

Miller's main talent is being able to disappear during derby games from what I have seen.

Don't know where the rumour has come from but personally I hope its pish. Plenty other players coming to the end of their contract that could do a job.

FTH

no miller in the hibs team tonight.....................

make of that what you wil.

Heard that too although i haven't seen it confirmed.

Interesting...

I can't say I'd jump at the chance to sign him. Mind you, we've got midfielders before with Fester experience, and they've played a significant part in our history.

Brian Hamilton, for example.

Heard that too although i haven't seen it confirmed.

Interesting...

He's on the bench.

I imagine that's due to him being awful, rather than because he's signing for us.

...a bit disco

From BBC Scotland website-

'1921: The Hearts manager Jim Jefferies refuses to comment on the rumours that Liam Miller making a controversial switch across the city from Easter Road to Tynecastle. Big Jim dismisses it as "crazy newspaper and internet rumours".'

From BBC Scotland website-

'1921: The Hearts manager Jim Jefferies refuses to comment on the rumours that Liam Miller making a controversial switch across the city from Easter Road to Tynecastle. Big Jim dismisses it as "crazy newspaper and internet rumours".'

Actaully he tried very hard to downplay it but notice did not deny it -- tried to deflect the question by mentioning the rumour about Kris Boyd coming to us -- its true re JJ's interest in Miller and he has been approached by us -- for obvious reasons they want to keep it under wraps but talks are underway even with Hibs re a possible move in January as his position there would become untenable.

Commander Harris

apparently hibs fans were booing him tonight.

booing their own player on the strength of an internet rumour :|

jamboinglasgow

Actaully he tried very hard to downplay it but notice did not deny it -- tried to deflect the question by mentioning the rumour about Kris Boyd coming to us -- its true re JJ's interest in Miller and he has been approached by us -- for obvious reasons they want to keep it under wraps but talks are underway even with Hibs re a possible move in January as his position there would become untenable.

not surprised that they would want him moved on in January if that was the case. Will be interesting to see what happens if all this is true.

Mr Brightside

Ach I wouldn't bother about it,you see there are a few who are taking the "new paranoid tic" thing to far,they seem to think that JKB has been infiltrated by loads of hobos and they think they can spot them a mile of,pretty sad TBH.

Any way on hobo rumours,I was told by a hobo who happens to be a ref(not grade one)who does a few reserve games for them,says he seen Alan Smith of Newcastle fame at one of their games standing with a few suits on the side lines at their training camp thingy.

No chance that would happen, he would rather rejoin Leeds for no wages. Bear in mind AS is tee total so will hardly have wasted his cash and need to drop down to spl for some pocket money.

I know two refs who fit the bill you describe, would their initials be RL or TC?

The Future's Maroon

See the Ruud lounge.....I was told yesterday this 'rumour' is infact very much true?!

Make what you will of it, I dont care if people believe me or not...but I got it from a current SPL player who knows him well...so well, he has played along side him!

Good player with loads of ability but severely let down by lack of effort. Maybe JJ can get the best out if him ? Either way not fussed about him.

apparently hibs fans were booing him tonight.

booing their own player on the strength of an internet rumour :|

That's actually brilliant :D

What a bunch of fecking wallopers.

since I seen this thread yesterday I made a couple phone calls to see if I could fond anything out and what I was told goes as follows.

There has been contact with Liam Millers agent and he also is in contact with Aberdeen! That I know as fact!

Whether anything will come of it at this stage is still to early to say!!

since I seen this thread yesterday I made a couple phone calls to see if I could fond anything out and what I was told goes as follows.

There has been contact with Liam Millers agent and he also is in contact with Aberdeen! That I know as fact!

jesus.. meltdown to follow.

No problem for me in terms of signing him if the manager thinks he can improve the team, but personally I just can't see what he would bring to improve it. Good passer of the ball but not in the least bit combative or hard working.

Good passer of the ball but not in the least bit combative or hard working.

I agree, but if we were to sign Liam Miller (and I don't think we will), I wonder if JJ would knock this 'flair player' pish out of him and make him a useful one in a good team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqMiigy92qU

Would be a squad player imo as Black and Mrowiec have been immense and he's not the sort of player who could play the Rudi role in a more advanced position.

Still don't see what he has to offer on top of what we have.

Although if we got him on a pre, with not a great outlay it would pee the Hobos off big time.

As hopeless as he has been in derbies, he is probably their only midfielder with an ounce of football. How could he contemplate playing for them again this season if he signs a pre-contract with us.

We_are_the_Hearts

JJ has made similair signings in the past....Fulton and Pressley spring to mind. Players who burst on to the scene as very highly rated teenagers but took a while to find their feet after that. Wonder what they have in common? :whistling:

He is a different type of midfield player to what we have as he can control the tempo of the game and has a good array of passing. I'm just not too sure where he fits in to the team and couldn't see him coming to sit on the bench.Decent player IMO but would be on a good wage and I'd rather we went for someone a bit younger.

JJ has made similair signings in the past....Fulton and Pressley spring to mind. Players who burst on to the scene as very highly rated teenagers but took a while to find their feet after that. Wonder what they have in common? :whistling:

Fulton & Pressley were both 25 when JJ signed them, Miller will be 30 by next summer. Be surprised if he has much left to burst out now.

Cardiac Rucksack

I'd be quite happy with miller. He would give us something different. Decent passer of a ball and can get forward. Another decent squad player. Something we will need if we are to challenge.

Tynecastle Valhalla

i really hope he is back up to bryson and at least one other in case those dont come through, and not a top priority.

really impressed with black at the moment and cannot see how miller would get in ahead of him.

but he has played at a reasonably good level and could add something.

The People's Chimp

Hibs fans booing Miller last night, unbelievable scenes Jeff.

Originally Posted by aberhibsfc viewpost-right.pngNonsense or not Jeffries was being quized last night about the speculation.

His response was something along the likes that he would not comment on deals for players linked with Hearts until they were concluded. Make of it what you will, but he was trying to be smart about it but at the same time inferring that they are interested. Now either he is on the verge of talks or he is trying to be big time billy with the mind games. All it would take is for Miller to say this is nonsense but as he hasn't I think there is something in this.

Jeffries probably started the rumour humself so why would he deny it. Looks like his job has been done when nomarks believe it and boo a Hibs player in derby week. Brilliant.

:pleasing:

Archived