Liam Miller

...a bit disco

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Think about it, if we had him to come into the squad when Skacel is out, as he is in the St Midden game, playing alongside Black, that would work. and it would improve our options. :rolleyes:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

Think about it, if we had him to come into the squad when Skacel is out, as he is in the St Midden game, playing alongside Black, that would work. and it would improve our options. :rolleyes:

So, a poor man's Bryson then? :whistling:

It's not true.

If it is, he's got the ability to be decent for us, but trying to get that ability out of him is the real issue. He's flattered to deceive for far too long.

NadeAteMyLunch!

First Team Breakthrough

Dec 2009

Leith

Not really sure how anyone on here could be happy about this. You jst know fine well that he will go there(if rumours are true)and shine, its a fact. Bet noone on here was too fussed when they signed Hartley. The yams will be buzzin thinking they've got one up on us and our squad is so **** right now that I really dont think we can afford to be losing anyone, let alone one of very, very few players we have with any sort of ability at all. Yes he has been awful recently but so has everyone. If he goes to them he will play like he did in his first 6 months for us, guaranteed. If he wants to move on down south in the summer then I wouldnt be overly fussed but cant understand why so many are claiming to not be fussed about one of our players signing for them...

Is this guy mad he is total shit anytime I have seen him play.Still have to have a little chuckle to myself as the guy is bridling it in case he ends up like Hartley.

First thought is that I trust JJ's judgement. He knows a player and his main strength is getting the best out of average performers. Miller has never really impressed me though. He played in an excellent Man Utd team but always looked fragile and has done diddly squat since. However, as one early poster said, he must have something to have ended up at Old Trafford in the first place. On a free transfer and one year contract, he is worth a punt.

Was scared when he signed for Hibs if the truth be told, Since then he's done nothing.

Having said that, with a good manager (which he hasn't had for a while) then he could do something. Hibs squad has dragged him down to their level.

Probably bullshit though.

jack D and coke

We wouldn't be swapping anyone as Miller is out of contract in the summer.

In that case i'd be more than happy to see him arrive. Still young and definitely had something a couple of years back, JJ could be the man to bring it out of him again.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If it is, he's got the ability to be decent for us, but trying to get that ability out of him is the real issue. He's flattered to deceive for far too long.

In a nutshell. Too many teams have tried and failed.

When the bin raker?s were on a decent run at the start of last season, with Stokes and Ratboy scoring for fun, Miller was key to that team his vision and passing ability created a lot of chances for them. His form has dipped but look at what's round him his options are to say the least limited !!

If you get the likes of Black / Mrowiec / Jonsson around him with the movement of Elliott, Skacel and Temps and keep big Kev as a target man it opens up our options.

I actually think it?s a decent signing if there is any truth in it, but as a few have said why a swap deal he?s on a free ??

First thought is that I trust JJ's judgement. He knows a player and his main strength is getting the best out of average performers. Miller has never really impressed me though. He played in an excellent Man Utd team but always looked fragile and has done diddly squat since. However, as one early poster said, he must have something to have ended up at Old Trafford in the first place. On a free transfer and one year contract, he is worth a punt.

I said that many times about Mikey Stewart...................trying to convince myself more than anyone else perhaps :smiliz21:

Also Rudy T reckons he was pulling the strings behind Stokes and Deeks but I reckon they were just on fire and everything

that landed near them ( flukes / defections ) was simply getting lashed into the net

I said that many times about Mikey Stewart...................trying to convince myself more than anyone else perhaps :smiliz21:

Also Rudy T reckons he was pulling the strings behind Stokes and Deeks but I reckon they were just on fire and everything

that landed near them ( flukes / defections ) was simply getting lashed into the net

Perhaps, still think he's got ability and I also thought Stewart was a decent player for us. I think Stewart in the current team would look a far better player.

I honestly think as good as we are at the momment we still need a player who can put their foot on the ball and make a pass without slowing momentum, the movement ahead of the holding midfielders is good and if we can get someone who can pick the runs up we will improve again ? Going to glasgow is the big test and with a bit of composure in the midfield we can take something through there.

Mad Dog Frazer

its a case of crossed wires

we are after LEE miller in january on a loan deal

somewhere along LIAM miller has come into it

glad to clear this up

He's pish and will float around piss poor SPL teams for the rest of his career.

I'm confident enough to suggest that this is a very poor wind up from the vermin.

glad to clear this up

Let me clear this one up for you......NO WE ARE NOT FACT

Happy to clear that one up for you :whistling:

This thread has potential ala 'Paul Hartley signs' thread - epic.

KickBack Drama Queens assemble.

:seething:

Haggis, Thanks for reminding me, I should know better. The day before teh Hartley wasnt signing news broke I posted something along those lines and was slaughtered for it, so thinking about my Lee Miller statement....Let me change that to....Maybe we are signing him on loan :whistling: As for the Liam Miller story, "I Know Nothing I'm From Bartheelona"

I'd be gutted if we signed this clown, he has the heart of a mouse. Whenever the vermin are struggling he'sposted missing - he's been dire for them this season.

If we can't get Bryson then I'd expect us to move for the boy Flynn at Falkirk.

I'd be gutted if we signed this clown, he has the heart of a mouse. Whenever the vermin are struggling he'sposted missing - he's been dire for them this season.

If we can't get Bryson then I'd expect us to move for the boy Flynn at Falkirk.

Two very different players IMO. Bryson would be a straight swap for Black I'd imagine while Flynn's more of an attacking midfielder and could probably play in any of the positions currently occupied by Skacel, Temps and Elliott.

Would be delighted to sign either or both.

Perhaps, still think he's got ability and I also thought Stewart was a decent player for us. I think Stewart in the current team would look a far better player.

He wouldn't. Him and Miller are as poor as each other.

NO THANKS...........

He is not good enough to get a game with us. (FACT)

I do think we could off load Wittenveem, Mole and Darren Barr and bring in an attacking centre midfielder and a right back. (Maybe Maybury)

Maybury!!!! wtf he wouldn't get near a hearts jersey at the moment imho.

The Future's Maroon

Don't believe it for a second, but I dont think he would be a bad addition to the squad - if true.

Also, I know loads of folk have been saying its a deal which is going to include someone from us going the other the other way....and then people saying "why would they be getting anyone if its a pre-contract"...Would that not just be a case of wanting him in January, so a swap deal with one of our players would mean he'd join in January?!

Enough specualtion. Be patient. We'll find out around 7pm tonight if he's starting for them. If not then he's a goner. Hibs.Net are extremely worried. He was their best player last season when their midfield wasn't dead. I'd take him.

Rudolf's Mate

There's no doubt in my mind that JJ rates him. He made a big deal about the man marking job Skacel did on him at ER earlier in the season.

An on form Liam Miller is a better player than Ian Black IMO. If JJ wants to sign him up that's good enough for me.

I have to agree with you 100%. We've taken players from them before and they have worked for us (one way or another.) If we can pick him up on a free then it's a gamble worth taking considering that JJ is a people person.

What have we got to lose? The boy does have talent and if it was brought out then he could be some signing. If he did come and performed not only would it be a huge bonus but being able to do it with one of their players when they couldn't would be :pleasing:

This has all the signs of a wind up......................

But, FWIW, I don't think he is good enough to play for us, not right now, and not for what we are trying to achieve and where we are trying to go, however, he is possibly one of their best players so we take him and seriously weaken them even further, relegation looms! :thumbsup:

Some 2 faced gits on here....

Go to the Liam Miller playing in the derby thread about a week ago.... Everyone saying he was balls.

Now he's good cause he's linked with Hearts.

I've always said he has talent and is one of their only okay/good players.

We'll find out tonight though. 5000 views :woot:

Some 2 faced gits on here....

Go to the Liam Miller playing in the derby thread about a week ago.... Everyone saying he was balls.

Now he's good cause he's linked with Hearts.

I've always said he has talent and is one of their only okay/good players.

We'll find out tonight though. 5000 views :woot:

:hobofish:

No chance this will happen.

Firstly, he's pish and I doubt he's good enough to even make the bench.

Second, his life will not be worth living in Edinburgh. Some slimey Hobo thug will attack the guy. I can't even imagine the level of abuse the vermin fans would give this guy in the street, in bars and everywhere.

I just can't see this happening.

He'll probably go to a lower championship or 1st division club.

Why cause i think Millers okay? Get a grip son.

Na just the general pish that you post on a fairly regular basis.

On the particular post that I quoted you mention Hearts rather than us, a tell tale sign of an undercover welt, and you seem to be revelling in the fact that this thread has had 5,000 views as well.

I trust my judgement on this one.

I don't see this happening but if it did then his press conference must go like his Celtic to Man U transfer...

...When you're at a club like Hibs, and Hearts come knocking on your door then there's not really much to think about.

People seem convinced that JJ would get the best out of him as it's what he does.

Exhibit A - Darren Barr.

Even JJ can't mysteriously conjure up a spine and a heart for Liam Miller

On the particular post that I quoted you mention Hearts rather than us, a tell tale sign of an undercover welt, and you seem to be revelling in the fact that this thread has had 5,000 views as well.

Im fairly positive about Hearts on here, my team since birth, care me to post my season ticket seat so you can come and say hello?

Revelling? It was a shocked face my friend.

Deary me.

rudi must stay

People seem convinced that JJ would get the best out of him as it's what he does.

Exhibit A - Darren Barr.

Even JJ can't mysteriously conjure up a spine and a heart for Liam Miller

think that's a bit harsh the guy has only just signed and I actually think he's been improving. As for him having a heart, we have that in our team already. What we don't have apart from Rudi and Templeton is creativity, from what I saw of him at Celtic and to begin with at Hibs, Miller is at his best making things happen.

think that's a bit harsh the guy has only just signed and I actually think he's been improving. As for him having a heart, we have that in our team already. What we don't have apart from Rudi and Templeton is creativity, from what I saw of him at Celtic and to begin with at Hibs, Miller is at his best making things happen.

Agreed.

rab obanheartsno1

black has been brilliant for us this season and when he doesnt play its a big loss in the team,since jj came in he has played his own game and has easily been one of our best players. Under csaba he didnt enjoy his football one bit and no wonder why, dont want that hobo anywere near us.

glad to clear this up

I really hope not, Lee Miller is not what we need right now. A holding midfielder who can dictate play such as Bryson or Alex Neil is a priority.

Dr Ian Malcolm

I really hope not, Lee Miller is not what we need right now. A holding midfielder who can dictate play such as Bryson or Alex Neil is a priority.

Bryson is an attacking midfielder. Alex Neill is a journeyman workhorse who will never play for a bigger club that Hamilton.

Im fairly positive about Hearts on here, my team since birth, care me to post my season ticket seat so you can come and say hello?

Revelling? It was a shocked face my friend.

Deary me.

Ach I wouldn't bother about it,you see there are a few who are taking the "new paranoid tic" thing to far,they seem to think that JKB has been infiltrated by loads of hobos and they think they can spot them a mile of,pretty sad TBH.

Any way on hobo rumours,I was told by a hobo who happens to be a ref(not grade one)who does a few reserve games for them,says he seen Alan Smith of Newcastle fame at one of their games standing with a few suits on the side lines at their training camp thingy.

Ach I wouldn't bother about it,you see there are a few who are taking the "new paranoid tic" thing to far,they seem to think that JKB has been infiltrated by loads of hobos and they think they can spot them a mile of,pretty sad TBH.

Any way on hobo rumours,I was told by a hobo who happens to be a ref(not grade one)who does a few reserve games for them,says he seen Alan Smith of Newcastle fame at one of their games standing with a few suits on the side lines at their training camp thingy.

Obviously not a grade one ref as he must be blind. Unless Smith was up visiting former clubmate Chris Hogg? (Hogg was at Newcastle wan't he??) or Liam Miller.

mahgrassyshoes

Obviously not a grade one ref as he must be blind. Unless Smith was up visiting former clubmate Chris Hogg? (Hogg was at Newcastle wan't he??) or Liam Miller.

To be fair, there was a rumour kicking about when Calderwood first got the job that Smith was up training with them. Still sounds like shite to me.

If your 'judgement' is that Liam Miller is not a player, then that judgement is unfortunately wrong!

Hearts need good players, he is a good player, why would signing a good player be a bad thing?

Bryson is an attacking midfielder.

Could have been,he didn't find out,all he could tell me was that it was defo Smith with some suits and that they left before the end of the reserve match,obviously him being one of them he was hoping he was up for signing talks.

:thumbsup:

If your 'judgement' is that Liam Miller is not a player, then that judgement is unfortunately wrong!

Hearts need good players, he is a good player, why would signing a good player be a bad thing?

In your opinion. My opinion is that Liam Miller is a luxury player who, more often than not doesn't perform. Someone we don't need.

As for my branding of TF a hoboid then I can only offer my apologies, I have clearly missed your more positive posts regarding Hearts. I am wrong sometimes and am happy to admit so. :thumbsup:

Archived