Liam Miller

...a bit disco

...a bit disco

Facebook rumour so don't know how true if at all but over at goingdown.net.........

My link

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he looked an excellent talent at C*lt!c but has not looked anything like the same player since. Despite Hibs fans proclamations, he hasn't kicked a ball against us.

If true, I hope that Jefferies knows what he is doing, on the face of it, it is a bad move.

What I should say about the "rumour" in general, is that it was on here a month or two ago, suggested by Drylaw Hearts (He doesn't mind me mentioning his name, I'm sure).

Victor Meldrew

I see the suggestion on there that we are trying to get rid of Ian Black. I have to say I find that surprising given that he seems to have come onto a game now and is part of a successful midfield unit. However, I suppose that if we were to sign a proper right back Eggert would take his place in midfield...

Not sure what I think about Miller - was good at Celtic but rubbish after that.

...a bit disco

I see the suggestion on there that we are trying to get rid of Ian Black. I have to say I find that surprising given that he seems to have come onto a game now and is part of a successful midfield unit. However, I suppose that if we were to sign a proper right back Eggert would take his place in midfield...

Not sure what I think about Miller - was good at Celtic but rubbish after that.

That is just bizarre isn't it?

Makes the whole rumour look a bit shoogly.

the guy is a loser, hopefully overrated by the weegie press when he was at celtic. He has done feck all since. I for one second don't believe this rumour and want this loser no-where near a maroon shirt !

Could he be our next Hartley?

Hartley was rank for the Hobbits like Miller is now. I'm not comparing Hartley and Miller as Footballers, but could you imagine another Hibs "Dud" signing for us and then turning up and single handedly crushing them at every opportunity.

That would be very very very funny.

Right now the Hibs fans would be delighted if that happened. They think he's a gutless non trier. And they're right.

Well no idea if this rumour is any more than hot air, but the above would not be tolerated under JJ.

As usual, *if* JJ has seen something in Miller, I'll trust his judgement.

Could he be our next Hartley?

Next Brian Hamilton more like.

Don't want this clown anywhere near the famous jersey! Booooo!

He had a good first season with Hibs - I know that many would not want him near Tynecastle, but if JJ sees something there that would enhance our squad, then I know I'll trust him on that. I heard a while back that Miller was unhappy at ER - and that was entirely down to the dressing room "dynamics" there at present.

An ex Hibs Manager told me this about two months ago, but I didnt think much about it at the time. Must have been brewing for some time.

If we sign Miller I think he will turn out to be a good signing as I think the boy has talent and JJ will get the best out of him.

However, if it is a swap deal involving Black I will be fuming. FWIW I don't think it will be if it's true that it is a pre conract and lets be honest Ian Black is never going to play for Hibs.

Come to think of it, if we could get Miller in a swap deal involving Wittenveen, Kucharski and Mole, that would be okay. We get rid of 3 huddies and gain a new boot cleaner? ;)

...a bit disco

If we sign Miller I think he will turn out to be a good signing as I think the boy has talent and JJ will get the best out of him.

However, if it is a swap deal involving Black I will be fuming. FWIW I don't think it will be if it's true that it is a pre conract and lets be honest Ian Black is never going to play for Hibs.

It would be a sore one if we lost Black for Miller.

But Miller does have 'something'.

Even Alex Ferguson thought so.

Question is, is JJ the man to get it out of him?

That is IF the rumour is true???

I'm not in the know, but would it surprise anyone if Darren Barr was the player mooted for the swap deal? It doesn't look like it's going to work out for him at HMFC does it?

I'm not in the know, but would it surprise anyone if Darren Barr was the player mooted for the swap deal? It doesn't look like it's going to work out for him at HMFC does it?

Why would we need to swap a player for someone we can sign for nothing in summer?

...a bit disco

Well that's one way to ruin my birthday, please let this be a pack of lies! :smiliz23:

Well it was on Facebook so you can probably breathe easy!

Happy Birthday :santa1:

No and again no. That might work for both sides.

This might have some mileage in it if Miller isn't enjoying his time at Hibs. He's hardly going to play his best football if he thinks the manager is a clown and colleagues a shower of waster's.

The boy had ability, it's a question of re-capturing it. If JJ want's him and believes he can get the best out of him (One of JJ's strongest attributes IMO) and a free transfer we might have a winner. Might.

Midfield Dynamo

NO THANKS...........

He is not good enough to get a game with us. (FACT)

I do think we could off load Wittenveem, Mole and Darren Barr and bring in an attacking centre midfielder and a right back. (Maybe Maybury)

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

An ex Hibs Manager told me this about two months ago, but I didnt think much about it at the time. Must have been brewing for some time.

Big Jock cannae half blether when he gets on the ouiji board. (Weegie board?). :whistling:

It would be a sore one if we lost Black for Miller.

But Miller does have 'something'.

Even Alex Ferguson thought so.

Question is, is JJ the man to get it out of him?

That is IF the rumour is true???

Going by the way he has transformed Suso, Bouzid, Black, Temps and Obua, when he played towards the end of last season, I would be quitely optimsitc we could see the best of Liam Miller as a result of the management of JJ.

It's only the SPL after all.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Not saying I believe this to be true, but if it does happen, I think he could be a decent signing for us.

He was a fairly good player at Celtic and Ferguson must have seen something in him to take him to Man United.

He'd be a good player to have available in the squad and I reckon he could play a similar role to that of Black in the current side. On current form I would pick Black every time though.

I'd take him.

It would be good to have another Irish player at Hearts.

Actually, I think that he has shown a lot of potential in the past and that JJ would be a good manager to make him perform well.

If he's not costing us anything under freedom of contract, I think he's worth a punt.

No doubt he's failed to live up to his potential. I think his football problem lies between his ears and not his ability. If JJ can see a way of sorting this, then that's good enough for me.

rudi must stay

Liam Miller.... a guy who was repeatedly outplayed by Michael Stewart.

No thanks

outfought perhaps. But he's not that type of player, he is someone who can make things happen though. That's something we're missing from the team IMO, as the stalement against Inverness showed.

I actually think he could do a job. He'd have to do some work to dislodge Blackie int he form hes worked over a year for but he's clearly got quality somewhere in there and he would add to the squad. I dont think he has been poor through a typical Hibs prima dona attitude i just think his confidence hasd been shattered since it didn twork out at United.

He's Hibs second best player. I know that's not saying much out of their current squad but we're kidding ourselves if anyone thinks that he wouldn't be a potentially decent addition . As stated by others though JJ would need get him to raise his game as he has been solid but unspectacular at Easter Road.

jack D and coke

I'd be surprised but im more inclined to go with the Darren Barr swap. He's had a shitty time of it here and the defence tightened up when we dropped him imo. I wouldn't like to lose Black to that lot especially since he's came onto a game recently. I reckon JJ rates him anyway whereas I believe they don't rate Barr.

Mibbe the move would be good for both parties. Miller has been pretty pish over there but he looked good a couple of years back and just looks to have lost his way a little.

I'd be surprised but im more inclined to go with the Darren Barr swap. He's had a shitty time of it here and the defence tightened up when we dropped him imo. I wouldn't like to lose Black to that lot especially since he's came onto a game recently. I reckon JJ rates him anyway whereas I believe they don't rate Barr.

Mibbe the move would be good for both parties. Miller has been pretty pish over there but he looked good a couple of years back and just looks to have lost his way a little.

We wouldn't be swapping anyone as Miller is out of contract in the summer.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Ian Black has been working his socks off recently and won round a lot of fans, would we get the same effort from Miller,I wonder. If we could swap him for say Gary Glen then I might just consider it a worthwhile punt.

Where is the idea of swapping Black for a n other - bad move now that Blackie is establishing himself as a pivotal part of our midfield. Better be bull.

There's no doubt in my mind that JJ rates him. He made a big deal about the man marking job Skacel did on him at ER earlier in the season.

An on form Liam Miller is a better player than Ian Black IMO. If JJ wants to sign him up that's good enough for me.

The Old Tolbooth

Well it was on Facebook so you can probably breathe easy!

Happy Birthday :santa1:

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Personally I reckon Miller has about the same ability as Black, but he shits out of the same tackles that Black gives 100% in, give me Black any day of the week over that shitebag!

Archived