West Ham lining up Temps in Janruary ?

Renniehearts1234

Diadora Van Basten

It would be impossible to value Temps just now as seven games ago he wasn't in the first team.

If he continues to play for the rest of the season in the same manner as he has played in the last seven games then he could play top of Premiership which would be a decent fee for us and a good move for him.

I think that most top teams buy players from international football and that would seem to be the next step for Temps.

Hopefully Hearts stand firm and refuse to entertain offers from the uglies, championship sides and Prem teams with no hope of European football.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else, but I seem to remember you've called things wrong on the transfer front quite a few times in the past.

If Hearts are giving serious consideration to any transfer offer for Templeton, his name will not be on the teamsheet for St Mirren park tomorrow. So the proof will be very much in the pudding.

I cannot be bothered searching but IIRC he has dropped a few "in the know" clangers.

As for the last bit, irrespective of what I believe about any impending transfer, that holds no water whatsoever. For that to be true, then Templeton would have had to been in London to have discussions regarding wages and signing on fee. When an offer is "on the table", the player will continue to be available for selection until the last minute. What if Hearts are interested but want to barter? Would we do without Templeton whilst any fee is discussed? If that were the case, Kilmarnock would have been without Bryson for the first few weeks of the season.

Walter Bishop

My apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else, but I seem to remember you've called things wrong on the transfer front quite a few times in the past.

If Hearts are giving serious consideration to any transfer offer for Templeton, his name will not be on the teamsheet for St Mirren park tomorrow. So the proof will be very much in the pudding.

Your probably not confusing me with anyone else as i have posted "rumours" (rumour = 1.information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally. 2. gossip or hearsay) that i have been told by imo a decent source, some have turned out to be right some never came to fruition but that is what a rumour is, no?

Anyways i was told a couple of weeks back a Championship side had tabled a massive bid for Temps, whether its true or not we would have to just wait and see.

I cannot be bothered searching but IIRC he has dropped a few "in the know" clangers.

As for the last bit, irrespective of what I believe about any impending transfer, that holds no water whatsoever. For that to be true, then Templeton would have had to been in London to have discussions regarding wages and signing on fee. When an offer is "on the table", the player will continue to be available for selection until the last minute. What if Hearts are interested but want to barter? Would we do without Templeton whilst any fee is discussed? If that were the case, Kilmarnock would have been without Bryson for the first few weeks of the season.

Let me re-phrase it then, if a bid is close to being accepted, Templeton would be withdrawn from selection. It's happened a few times through the years, Velicka and Berra being examples that spring to mind. Personally I don't think anything is close, as there are very few clubs down south who have money to spend currently.

I posted last week i had been told a very substantial offer was on the table for Temps, however i was told it was by a Championship club?

Does that mean West Ham are waiting until the summer?

I'm guessing from that figure they only want to buy his boots.

If they want the full shabbang they are going to have to pay a hell of a lot more than Sunderland paid for Craig Gordon.

If Temps maintains his form and gains an international cap, VR will surely be eyeing up an 8 figure sum. We dismissed 'paltry' sums like ?3 Mill for Driver (pre-injury) and whilst I do rate Driver very highly I honestly believe Temps has much more to his game.

Let me re-phrase it then, if a bid is close to being accepted, Templeton would be withdrawn from selection. It's happened a few times through the years, Velicka and Berra being examples that spring to mind. Personally I don't think anything is close, as there are very few clubs down south who have money to spend currently.

Kilmarnock were close to accepting our offer for Bryson but he continued to be selected.

For him to be be removed from selection, Hearts would have to agree a fee with a club, plain and simple. Both of those instances you mention were results of bids being accepted.

Anyway, splitting hairs, I am quite happy to say that David Templeton will not sign for West Ham United in January. West Ham United do not have a pot to pee in, never mind a spare bunch of Millions for new signings. They openly linked themselves to famous players and big transfers but at the end of the day made one big signing (Barrera for ?4 Million) and an "undisclosed" fee for Piqiuonne (sp?) from relegated and administered Portsmouth, Hitzelsperger on a free and Obinna on loan. Since then, I'd suggest their finances have not swelled any and will be hoping to sell the permanently Ledley King'd striker Carlton Cole or Scott Parker before doing any business.

Hines is quick but no more than a prospect at this stage. Could do well up here if he could stay fit but I'd be looking for a wee bit more than 4 mil and would rather keep wee Temps.

Kilmarnock were close to accepting our offer for Bryson but he continued to be selected.

For him to be be removed from selection, Hearts would have to agree a fee with a club, plain and simple. Both of those instances you mention were results of bids being accepted.

Anyway, splitting hairs, I am quite happy to say that David Templeton will not sign for West Ham United in January. West Ham United do not have a pot to pee in, never mind a spare bunch of Millions for new signings. They openly linked themselves to famous players and big transfers but at the end of the day made one big signing (Barrera for ?4 Million) and an "undisclosed" fee for Piqiuonne (sp?) from relegated and administered Portsmouth, Hitzelsperger on a free and Obinna on loan. Since then, I'd suggest their finances have not swelled any and will be hoping to sell the permanently Ledley King'd striker Carlton Cole or Scott Parker before doing any business.

you made a little sense up until there. West Ham won't be selling Parker in the window as they know it would relegate them

I believe this to be a load of old pash

WHU are falling over with wide players at the moment and that is not where the fix at Upton Park is needed anyhow.

Total non story IMO.

On the issue of how much is Temps worth. I think that an offer of ?5m would be enough to prompt Vlad to sell. Now. In the summer or whenever TBH.

Maybe if he gets his nose into Levein's plans then that figure may increase a little but even at that it's not a bad bit of buisness.

My personal veiw is Temps would do better, career wise, to stay here for another year as he is nowhere near the player he can be yet, and he will learn more and develop better under JJ than he would as some squad player in say a top Championship or lower EPL team.

Wages at that level though are a real head turner.

glenn quagmire

Temps had a bug yesterday so if he's not stripped tomorrow don't read to much into it.

you made a little sense up until there. West Ham won't be selling Parker in the window as they know it would relegate them

I don't think anything will stop that now.

winston churchill

Correct.

I may be wrong but I think we turned down a figure of around ?3 million for Andy Driver,

i take it driver had agreed to a move:rolleyes:

Thunderstruck

Astonishing! There's nothing like getting carried away but, seeing it's the silly season, I would offer the suggestion that a ?4m bid for Temps will value Suso at ?8m as, after all, Temps is only starting regularly due to Suso being sidelined. ;)

Francis Albert

a half dozen decent games for us and the kickback massive are demanding a 4 million plus fee:lol:

Nobody is demanding anything ... just expressing an opinion, usually with some attempt at justification. I am wondering how you come at the adjective "decent".

a half dozen decent games for us and the kickback massive are demanding a 4 million plus fee:lol:

Yeah, its nearly as bad as starting a thread demanding Jim Jefferies resign after we lost to Kilmarnock. :blink:

In any case this thread should be moved to the Gullit lounge as it is utter pish. The OP has not provided one link to their "story".

Silly season right enough - just waiting for him to be linked with both Rangers and Celtic. How easy is it to be a sports journalist here - just print cack and stand back and wait for the hard of thinking to believe you.

winston churchill

Silly season right enough - just waiting for him to be linked with both Rangers and Celtic.

i posted this a few weeks ago

Never mind transfer gossip about Temps we should get him tied up with a three year deal pronto.

Grumpy.

winston churchill

Never mind transfer gossip about Temps we should get him tied up with a three year deal pronto.

Grumpy.

what if he says no thank's

Grumpy.

He's only 6 months in to a 3 year deal signed in the summer. If he goes it'll be for top whack, however I don't see him going anywhere in January.

Archived