West Ham lining up Temps in Janruary ?

Renniehearts1234

It's called 'small team syndrome. :thumbsup: '

Jeezo, don't know what is in the water today but so much ill thought out posts.

A few quick questions for the above, how many times has David Templeton done it at Champions League and Europa League level? How many times has he done it at SPL level? And how many times has David Templeton won the SPL? Going further, how many times has David Templeton been awarded Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year? How many senior international caps has he got?

I think that lesbian face is overrated but the above posts are just silly and narrow minded.

Anyone remember Scott Brown to Celtic?... NEXT!

This is the transfer I was reffering to. :thumbsup:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the sentiments of your posts. Lesbian Face had far more publicity, through champions league appearances and SPL title wins, therefore his price was always going to rocket.

However, Templeton is undoubtedly a better prospect than lesbian face ever was, due to him having end product. I just hope we can hold onto temps for a few more years, and allow him to prove his worth and show how good he really is over an extended period.

I dunno Wilky.

Whilst I felt that Lesbian face was always overrated by the dirty ones, I have just checked his stats and he was 185 appearances and 31 goals for them. For a wide man, a goal every six games isn't that bad. It is really hard to measure the amount of assists, but I'd say that he contributed his fair share. For me, his fee was over inflated due to him being from them and him going to a wealthy Russian club who could afford to go over the score. I don't think that figure is realistic and think that we should be looking at around ?5 Million for Templeton, when the time is right. ?5 Million and a replacement would be superb.

JamboAberdeen

If we get 5m+ in this window, take it.

Temp is a good prospect but yet raw material.

But 4m with an unproven striker...thanks but no thanks.

Next.

This is the transfer I was reffering to. :thumbsup:

Erm, okay.:smiliz23:

You quoted the McGeady post which clearly discussed us having some sort of inferiority complex and replied appropriately, if you clicked the wrong post, your response now makes no sense.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

It's inevitable that offers and enquiries will come in for Temps for as long as he is with us.

Always a gamble if the young lad gets an unlucky injury, but I hope Hearts refuse all approaches for the next 12 to 18 months and try to persuade Temps to focus on his game here.

If a big acceptable bid comes in and Temps decides its a club he wants to go to, then who are we to argue. I can't see that club being one that's destined for the Championship though. Sorry Avram and the Weejie redtops.

Morgaro Gomis

I dunno Wilky.

Whilst I felt that Lesbian face was always overrated by the dirty ones, I have just checked his stats and he was 185 appearances and 31 goals for them. For a wide man, a goal every six games isn't that bad. It is really hard to measure the amount of assists, but I'd say that he contributed his fair share. For me, his fee was over inflated due to him being from them and him going to a wealthy Russian club who could afford to go over the score. I don't think that figure is realistic and think that we should be looking at around ?5 Million for Templeton, when the time is right. ?5 Million and a replacement would be superb.

You could be right, I don't know, to be perfectly honest. I haven't, and dont plan to, looked at any of his stats. I'm just going from the fact that whenever I saw him play, 9 times out of 10, when in a good position, his final ball would let him down. Other times of course, he would play a sublime pass or score an exquisite goal. No doubt he has talent, but yes, imo - his fee was vastly inflated.

Temps, given enough time and patience, easily has the ability and end product to replicate whatever stats he had at Celtic and I have no doubt that he is the better player. I do agree that being realistic, we are more likely to be looking at, at max, a fee of around 5 million, due to Temps not getting on the TV as much as he did at Celtic. I do think he is worth as much as Celtic got for Mcgeady but I do not think that we will be able to replicate it.

Never gonna happen, West Ham have no money.

?4 Million is approaching the ballpark though.

If ?4 million is true we will and should take it without thinking further about it. He's only got 18 months left on his contract and if we dont sell him now or in the summer we'll end up getting next to nothing for him.

Dont believe it though, especially not with a player to us as well.

You could be right, I don't know, to be perfectly honest. I haven't, and dont plan to, looked at any of his stats. I'm just going from the fact that whenever I saw him play, 9 times out of 10, when in a good position, his final ball would let him down. Other times of course, he would play a sublime pass or score an exquisite goal. No doubt he has talent, but yes, imo - his fee was vastly inflated.

Temps, given enough time and patience, easily has the ability and end product to replicate whatever stats he had at Celtic and I have no doubt that he is the better player. I do agree that being realistic, we are more likely to be looking at, at max, a fee of around 5 million, due to Temps not getting on the TV as much as he did at Celtic. I do think he is worth as much as Celtic got for Mcgeady but I do not think that we will be able to replicate it.

I am not going to go digging further, but I seem to think he had a decent record against us. I certainly remember him scoring on his debut (first start?) at Tynecastle. If things were judged against one team, the Robertson that played Hibs would be one of the finest strikers in Europe and Kris Boyd (based on games against us) would be one of the worst R@ng*rs strikers of all time.:thumbsup:

Agree with the rest though.

If ?4 million is true we will and should take it without thinking further about it. He's only got 18 months left on his contract and if we dont sell him now or in the summer we'll end up getting next to nothing for him.

A very realistic view.

If it happens to be remotely true, I'd hope that the club and Jefferies would consider this before rejecting/accepting. Can they get him to sign another deal? If not, we need to think about selling soon.

He has got 30 months left on his contract.

Morgaro Gomis

I am not going to go digging further, but I seem to think he had a decent record against us. I certainly remember him scoring on his debut (first start?) at Tynecastle. If things were judged against one team, the Robertson that played Hibs would be one of the finest strikers in Europe and Kris Boyd (based on games against us) would be one of the worst R@ng*rs strikers of all time.:thumbsup:

Agree with the rest though.

Fair enough mate, but I was meaning from when I watched him on the tele too, not just when he played against us. Yes, he did seem to well against us, which was annoying to say the least. I hated whenever he got on the ball when playing us, as he always seemed to do something with it, which imo, he didnt do often against other teams.

Footballfirst

He signed a 3 year deal in May 2010, so still has 2 and a half years on his contract.

I think temps would be taking a big gamble by moving to england at the moment. Hopefully someone can convince him that he needs another year and a half with us first before he's ready for the move. He'll also get a far better club than west ham.

?4m my arse.

The Old Tolbooth

BH, stop pishing on ma chips!

I'm getting old and senile now, and if someone asks me a silly question, I'm entitled to give them a silly answer :thumbsup:

A few quick questions for the above, how many times has David Templeton done it at Champions League and Europa League level? How many times has he done it at SPL level? And how many times has David Templeton won the SPL? Going further, how many times has David Templeton been awarded Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year? How many senior international caps has he got?

I think that lesbian face is overrated but the above posts are just silly and narrow minded.

you'll be wanting us to give sunderland a refund as gordon never played champ league and only won a scottish cup,

I'd bite someones hand of for ?4m in January for Temps. I'd prefer to keep him but ?4m for a player who has only just become a regular is a great piece of business. Anything can happen to Temps like loss of form or injury (see Driver) and his value plummets.

...a bit disco

I thought we all supported a football team and not a balance sheet?

:whistling:

Just wait 'til we build a new stand ;)

BH, stop pishing on ma chips!

I'm getting old and senile now, and if someone asks me a silly question, I'm entitled to give them a silly answer :thumbsup:

:laugh:

I know man, you are getting on a bit. I'll leave you alone now. [pats John on the head]

you'll be wanting us to give sunderland a refund as gordon never played champ league and only won a scottish cup,

Yeah, because that was definitely what I was saying, wasn't it?:smiliz23:

In an effort to clarify since you are finding it difficult,

Craig Gordon had played a huge number of games for Hearts, well over a hundred, regularly playing fantastically. He played for Hearts in Europe and won a trophy. He was also Scotland's first choice goalkeeper at the time of the transfer. He was club captain and voted the football writers Scottish Player of the Year whist at Hearts.

David Templeton has played about thirty games (complete guess) for Hearts and has never had a sniff of playing for his country, never mind being a first pick. He hasn't won a club trophy nor has he won any Player of the Year awards.

You understand yet?

bigis semiauskas

If it was a concrete 4 million bid with none of yir add-ons bla bla then it's a very good offer and one I think Vlad would accept. I know Vlad has got himself big bucks previously but he might think he got his fingers burnt with Driver and take this one.

Who knows could be a lot of Hibernian anyway.

Didnt Celtic pay 4mill for scott brown? that means Vlad should hold out for 7mill min.

kingantti1874

What did he do at that level bh, I know what your saying but to be honest mcgeady had to be one of the most overrated players in history - he has done nothing of note in any of those competitions other than turn no matter what the wedge media would have us believe.

What did he do at that level bh, I know what your saying but to be honest mcgeady had to be one of the most overrated players in history - he has done nothing of note in any of those competitions other than turn no matter what the wedge media would have us believe.

See when you say, "what did he do at that level", do you mean OTHER than the stuff I have mentioned above?

I get it folks, I hate C*lt!c too, it shouldn't be too hard to be objective though.

Well I expected the rumours to circle him, my gut feeling is he won't be going, but then again Vlad and Grant do know each other, so you never know. I think it's too early for him to go down south, at least the Premier league. Be a great League 1 signing and a good Championship signing but I think he is not ready for the big guns in the EPL. I mean he skins and takes defenders up here to town, but that's because they are awful, he is no where near good enough to go out and rip EPL defences, at least the teams West Ham are looking to equal.

He wont go now, not unless we get a phenomenal bid, if he does Driver is returning so we may be spared a devastating loss. But give it another full season or 2 and he will be away to a newly promoted EPL side, of the likes of Leeds or a mid-table team like Bolton.

On Temps though, I think he will get a game in this upcoming Nations Cup, the team we put out against the Faroes was one he could've slotted into, so things are looking bright for the young lad at the moment.

Well I expected the rumours to circle him, my gut feeling is he won't be going, but then again Vlad and Grant do know each other, so you never know. I think it's too early for him to go down south, at least the Premier league. Be a great League 1 signing and a good Championship signing but I think he is not ready for the big guns in the EPL. I mean he skins and takes defenders up here to town, but that's because they are awful, he is no where near good enough to go out and rip EPL defences, at least the teams West Ham are looking to equal.

He wont go now, not unless we get a phenomenal bid, if he does Driver is returning so we may be spared a devastating loss. But give it another full season or 2 and he will be away to a newly promoted EPL side, of the likes of Leeds or a mid-table team like Bolton.

On Temps though, I think he will get a game in this upcoming Nations Cup, the team we put out against the Faroes was one he could've slotted into, so things are looking bright for the young lad at the moment.

Give it six months and west ham will be a good championship side. In 18 months its possible they'll be a big league 1 team.

kingantti1874

See when you say, "what did he do at that level", do you mean OTHER than the stuff I have mentioned above?

I get it folks, I hate C*lt!c too, it shouldn't be too hard to be objective though.

Na sorry mate hadn't read the full thread before posting, yes I hate Celtic but honestly other than his debut against us I simply can't remember him troubling us at all - we bullied him out of it more often than not, he pulled off neat tricks against poor opposition but more often than not no end product and i cant honestly remember him tearing a new one against any side of note.. I can't even remember him having a good game against the huns.. Maybe I let my dislike if him cloud me so if there any games where he was world class that I happened to miss then .....

Templeton is a far far better player, if he doesn't have the expeience to justify that fee yet we should keep hold of him until be does.

When temps runs.. He reminds me of Arjen Robben. I've not told anyone that because i will get laughed at!!!

Just saying though, We need to keep a hold of him, 4 Million looks good value for just now but if templeton keeps on going the way he's going it could soon be 14 million.

He signed a 3 year deal in May 2010, so still has 2 and a half years on his contract.

My mistake.

in which case ?4 million is not enough IMO ( but we'll still take it if its really on the table IMO).

Couldn't agree more. Temps is a very good player and will hopefully go on to be a hug success in his career but those talking about ?5m/?7m/?10m are living in a dream world. He is a key player playing for one of the biggest teams in Scotland but let's face it, playing for Scotlands third biggest club is of no importance to anybody outside of Scotland. Not to mention the fact that he's only played around 30 games in this league which is one of the worst top Divisions in Europe.

There's probably tonnes of players kicking about in the English lower leagues who are at least as good as Temps who will only be valued at a fraction of the price. I wouldn't sell now but we can be silly and start demanding stupid amounts or we'll end up doing more damage than good. We should have bitten off Burnleys hand when they offered ?3.5m for Driver for example. In reality I'll be surprised if we get anything even remotely close to that for him now.

Couldn't agree more. Temps is a very good player and will hopefully go on to be a hug success in his career but those talking about ?5m/?7m/?10m are living in a dream world. He is a key player playing for one of the biggest teams in Scotland but let's face it, playing for Scotlands third biggest club is of no importance to anybody outside of Scotland. Not to mention the fact that he's only played around 30 games in this league which is one of the worst top Divisions in Europe.

There's probably tonnes of players kicking about in the English lower leagues who are at least as good as Temps who will only be valued at a fraction of the price. I wouldn't sell now but we can be silly and start demanding stupid amounts or we'll end up doing more damage than good. We should have bitten off Burnleys hand when they offered ?3.5m for Driver for example. In reality I'll be surprised if we get anything even remotely close to that for him now.

sensible post alert :thumbsup:

What did mcgeady go for?

Exactly, if romanov has seen lesbian-puss been sold for 9.5mill then he'll be wanting another 2-3mill on top of that for Temps surely! Romanov will not sell Temps in january when he knows that a couple of scotland caps will put his price-tag up a couple of mill in the future!

sensible post alert :thumbsup:

It's just a shame we're talking about football. :rolleyes:

Just imagine if Vlad was 'sensible' when we sold Gordon. :thumbsup:

Exactly, if romanov has seen lesbian-puss been sold for 9.5mill then he'll be wanting another 2-3mill on top of that for Temps surely! Romanov will not sell Temps in january when he knows that a couple of scotland caps will put his price-tag up a couple of mill in the future!

I give in.

:vrface:

Francis Albert

I dunno Wilky.

Not bad but Temps has averaged 1 goal in 4 games for us.

Not aimed at anyone in particular but I do think Temps is under-appreciated on here. Maybe it's a hangover from the time (not so long ago) when he was criticised for being too wee, too greedy, poor decision-maker, poor passer, poor positional sense, foor finisher. I think this season he's disproved all of that (not that much of it was ever true). I am surprised that after a number of games in which the press and commentators and even other teams' managers have had him as overwhelmingly man of the match, he has been out-voted by Kello or Mrowciec or at least run very close by those and others.

In all my many years only Rab Prentice and John Robertson have excited me as much at this stage of their careers (and Temps is already a far more complete player than Prentice ever was ... and Robbo's first season was in the First Division). I suppose Prentice is an example of how early promise can be unfulfilled and helps the case for cashing in but I would be very disappointed if we sold him for as litle as ?4m. If he just maintains current form he'll be worth a lot more. And at present he is just getting better all the time.

portobellojambo1

according to sources from forth one as well as sunday mail I believe they are ready to offer 4 million plus Hines on loan

I'm guessing from that figure they only want to buy his boots.

If they want the full shabbang they are going to have to pay a hell of a lot more than Sunderland paid for Craig Gordon.

bigis semiauskas

All depends on the club you play for,if we sold him for 3mill to the OF then the next day they would be asking 6mill.

All depends on the club you play for,if we sold him for 3mill to the OF then the next day they would be asking 6mill.

Thats one great thing though. Unlike Killie with Naismith, we wont be subject to a browbeating from the press forcing

us to sell him to either of those two b***** entities.

The press might bore us with it but vlad will have him well outside their price range.............which is still fixed at about

?200k max for other Scottish teams they so wish to 'help'

portobellojambo1

I thought we all supported a football team and not a balance sheet?

:whistling:

Correct.

We have no need to sell Templeton, so if anyone wants to buy him they pay top dollar plus some more.

I may be wrong but I think we turned down a figure of around ?3 million for Andy Driver, and many think Templeton is way ahead of Driver. Why would we then accept ?4 million for Templeton 12 months later.

You don'r compete by selling your top assets, you just drift along. We have no need to sell at this stage so why should we do so, especially on the cheap.

Walter Bishop

I posted last week i had been told a very substantial offer was on the table for Temps, however i was told it was by a Championship club?

I posted last week i had been told a very substantial offer was on the table for Temps, however i was told it was by a Championship club?

With due respect Jamie, your stock when it comes to rumours is pretty low.

alot of pish. the papers know hearts fans are worried that about temps and the transfer window coming up. what theyve done is get a hat out and out randomly came WHU.

is it? explain away.

My apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else, but I seem to remember you've called things wrong on the transfer front quite a few times in the past.

If Hearts are giving serious consideration to any transfer offer for Templeton, his name will not be on the teamsheet for St Mirren park tomorrow. So the proof will be very much in the pudding.

My apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else, but I seem to remember you've called things wrong on the transfer front quite a few times in the past.

If Hearts are giving serious consideration to any transfer offer for Templeton, his name will not be on the teamsheet for St Mirren park tomorrow. So the proof will be very much in the pudding.

Yes he did, also had 'attention seeker' written under his profile picture.

Archived