Relegation (Merged Threads)

Victor Meldrew

Victor Meldrew

It's almost hard to express how pleasant it was to see the highlights of Hibs and Aberdeen scrapping it out in a relegation battle. There is a real possibility that either of them could go down this year, which got me thinking - which of them would I genuinely prefer to drop down to the SFL?

It's easy to say Hibs, of course, as they are our rivals. However, for a number of reasons, I have concluded that this time around I would prefer to see the Sheep get relegated:

(1) To be fair to the Hobos, most of them realise they are the Wee Team with smaller crowds, fewer trophies and a derby record that is quite frankly embarrassing. In contrast the Sheep still bleat on about being Scotland's third force, and how great they were in the 1980s without appearing to have realised how the World has moved on since then. Relegation would sort that out.

(2) Hibs have had the reality check of relegation in 1998 and have therefore been down much more recently than us. The Dons escaped due to League reconstruction and have never ever been relegated. I'd like to see that change to be honest.

(3) The Dons fans I know were quite smug about getting Hartley. I'd like to see him captain them to relegation.

(4) The derby is a great game and we seem to be on a run - a hiatus in that would be a pity.

So there we have it - I actually want to see the Hobos stay up if it's a choice between them and Aberdeen for the drop, however I have to say that I'd pleased for either of them to go down.

What does everyone else think?

St Mirren Please.

Just love beating the hobos in the most

one sided derby in European football. :4_1_111::4_1_111::av-1001:

Tricky one

It would be a reet laff to see either one of them go down ...........at first anyway !

The Hobo's taking the drop would obviously mean the loss of the derbies though so hmmm?

As for Aberdeen. They have flirted with relegation more than once in recent times and quite frankly

they probably deserve to be relegated and have that blemish recorded on their record.

Having said that. Aberdeen city ought to be able to sustain a 'big' team and I dont support the desire

some have to see them go out of business, which I fear any long spell in the current 1st div might

well do?

Snake Plissken

Aberdeen.

I've already seen Hibs go down and I would love to see it happen to Aberdeen - and it should have happened in 2000.

Unfortunately, I doubt it'll be either.

Think Hamilton are looking doomed.

Hibs getting relegated would be my choice though, would just be too funny.

I hear what the OP is saying, but i would love the Hobos to go down, even if it was just for a season and the derby was reinstated the one after as i would miss it.

I know a couple of Sheep fans and they are ok, but thats just luck and its only two.

But Hibs going down would shut up the mouthpieces in their support for a wee while and the minority who blab on about the flair myth would look extremely silly...mind you, when do they never look silly?

Beating Hibs regularly is a great enjoyment of mine and keeps them in the background but there`s always the gobby ones in that background still having their say about Hearts.

Relegation would be another major black mark on their history and distance us more as clubs. I want to see Hearts go up while they go down. Maybe keeping them in the depths of the SPL is enough for some but for one season at least i`d like to see them in the 1st Div.

1998 was a great year for so many reasons.

Hibs to go down, stay down and fold would be my preferred option.

Preferences aside, I honestly believe it could be a straight battle between St Mirren and Hibs. Aberdeen will get a boost (not a huge one, but big enough to get them out of trouble) and Hibs' fate will be decided by Rod Petrie and Colin Calderwood. Can he get any sort of form/run of results? If not, will Rod sack him? St Mirren look an awful side made up of lower league players that will not survive in this league.

As I type, I am watching the highlights on the news and the goals conceded by Hibs are appalling.

Am I right in thinking another relegation would take them ahead of us when it comes to how many times have the Edinburgh clubs gone down?

Am I right in thinking another relegation would take them ahead of us when it comes to how many times have the Edinburgh clubs gone down?

They got lucky when the play offs came in as two went down before then and they got lucky in the 30`s too but they have played in the old 2nd division. If you look over the old league tables they finished bottom but mysteriously never got relegated?

With reconstruction both could go, although unlikely.

Personally it has to be the hobos.

They would be spewing as it is to drop out, but Aberdeen to stay up at the expense of them when really, the hobos should have gone for a no contract Pa Broon to replace Yogi.

Genius that Petrie, I'm telling you.

:D

Our 1st time was in 76-77......................dropping from the new Premier league into Div 1 :(

Then again.......... in 78-79

AND again ...........in 80-81.......................not coming back up till 82-83 ( awful times :down: )

We've not been in Div 2 though, which the Hobos would have been when relegated in 1931 :sweat::P

They also went down in 1980 and 1998 so it looks like 3-3 to me

Reconstruction won't come this year. Bit unfair to change the rules once the season has started!!

As much as I would prefer to see Hibs go down, think it'll be Hamilton anyway, so doesn't really matter :angry:

This year Aberdeen, next year St.Mirren and then Hibs, thank you very much. Of course if either of the infirm were there I'd need to revise that after Aberdeen of course.

Hibs. I wish nothing but ill on that disgusting, bitter club in Leith.

Aberdeen I couldn't care less about as I treat them as a no mark team as they are a complete irrelevance to HMFC.

So there is no doubt in my mind in who I am hoping goes down.

...a bit disco

Hibs.

Just imagine how full their shiny new stand will be against Cowdenbeath!

Aberdeen: But, since we have it on good authority that they will cease to exist on 31st March 2011, there will be no relegation from the SPL this season.

Aberdeen: But, since we have it on good authority that they will cease to exist on 31st March 2011, there will be no relegation from the SPL this season.

That's a good point I'd forgotten, it's a pity he won't be on here to see it :rolleyes:

Romanov Stole My Pension

Hibs 12/1 for relegation with paddy power is fantastic odds. It's a shame betfair don't have a relegation market because even if you don't think they'll go down, after their next very difficult 7 games I'm sure the odds will shorten and laying the bet would make an easy profit (imo).

The only bad news about the banning of said individual is that he will avoid the slating he would have got for that when it turns out not to be true.

Cardiac Rucksack

Missing 4 derbies is nothing to the smugness you would feel When those twats are visiting thistle and cowdenbeath etc. Them getting relegated every day of the week. Pleasing.

Hibs.

Just imagine how full their shiny new stand will be against Cowdenbeath!

The last time they went down amazingly there crowds went up when they were in the 1st division and winning games.

Its now a dog fight between them ( hobits ) and Hamilton as Paw Broon will sort out the sheep.

It would be nice if they went down, and wee won the Big Cup Again like a repeat of last time :thumbsup: they went down. :lol::lol:

...a bit disco

The last time they went down amazingly there crowds went up when they were in the 1st division and winning games.

Its now a dog fight between them ( hobits ) and Hamilton as Paw Broon will sort out the sheep.

It would be nice if they went down, and wee won the Big Cup Again like a repeat of last time :thumbsup: they went down. :lol::lol:

'Wee team' mentality right enough!:thumbsup:

Personally it has to be the hobos.

They would be spewing as it is to drop out, but Aberdeen to stay up at the expense of them when really, the hobos should have gone for a no contract Pa Broon to replace Yogi.

Genius that Petrie, I'm telling you.

:D

The cheaper option always prevails when the Tache is holding the purse strings, this time it will return to haunt the tache BIG STYLE :thumbsup:

post-4522-0-79124300-1293484879_thumb.jpg

Hamilton due to their stadium issues in the past have never had a support worthy of SPL football. There saving grace is that they bring through youngster. Mcarthy and Mcarthur shows the legacy of Hamilton Accies and it's something to be proud of - but they wouldn't be missed from the SPL if they went down.

The other three... LOLOLOL

ST MIRREN - We all know why they should cease to exist.

HIBERNIAN - This would be amusing in the extreme. Big stand Small division

ABERDEEN - Hmm.. this would probably please me most. What would happen to their new stadium if they couldn't get out of the SFL.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd rather have 3 derbies a season that suffer the fate of having to watch the utter diddies that are St Mirren, even although I hate Hibs with a passion. Imagine playing that scruffy Paisley mob instead of having a Derby, it would be absolutely shit.

On the other hand, if we go to a 10 team league. a clean sweep of St Midden, Aberdeen, and Hibs would be just wonderful. :thumbsup:

St. Mirren. Couldn't care less about either Aberdeen or Hibs, but definitely want to see The Paisley Bodies buried...

I actually think that Hibs staying up will cause them more damage that going down will.

If they go down to the 1st division, they'll more than likely win most games down there, start pulling in decent crowds again and come back acting all positive when they get promoted. They will also avoid the usual derby day woes and us lording it over them on and off the pitch.

If they stay up, they'll continue to bleed attendances, continue their feelings of hopelessness and have to look forward to us taking the pish out of them in every derby match.

So I'd rather that the cod-heids or st midden went down and the green vermin stay up so we can continue to grind them down untill they are only bringing in 6-7,000 punters every week and have to go back to a wage cap to make ends meet.

league re-construction with the Hobos Abersheep and st lie down going down, a new SPHELL with sixteen teams and us winning the Scottish Cup :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

St Midden going down would just be their level though... Wee yo-yo team who appear and disappear from time to time. :)

Sheep would be good since they see themselves as a team that is too big to be relegated. :thumbsup:

Hibs because I would laugh my ****** off at them. :lol:

Aberdeen. I hate them. Besides they have been lucky as feck not to have been relegated in the past. I do think Hamilton will go though.

JamboAberdeen

Hamilton or St.Mirren.

Simply because they never stand against OF, both on/off the pitch.

Derby always brings me excitement and joy, while I have personal attachment to sheep.

Hibs everytime, sod the easy points we take from them. And whilst we're at it I'd like them relegated from the first and second divisions too!

I'd rather Hibs stayed up just for the derbies.

Aberdeen going down would amuse me but I'd rather Hamilton went down.

They have a terrible support. Hardly anyone watches them at home and they only brought around 100 to Tynecastle the last time. That support doesn't deserve Premier League football.

Hibs don't come into it for me. It's a fight between St Mirren and Aberdeen for me, with the Sheep just edging it.

While I love every game, a season without the derby just isn't the same for me. It's hard to explain how much this game dominates my life in the build-up to it, and a season without a derby is something I could never look forward to.

Let them pray for us to go down or go under. It just shows who the wee team really are. I would never want Hibs to go down, as it would take the chance do do them at least times a season away from us.

Hmmmm

Seeing Hibs go down wold be funny, but losing four derbies (and probably 12 points and bragging rights for a whole season?) That is a high price to humiliate Sir Gay and the morons from Lochend.

Abersheep? A sad wee team. Their support cannot yet get over the fact that something big happened 30 years ago (during which time the world has changed massively - two disastrous US Presidents called Bush for a start)

For me there is no other choice for relegation than that vile institution, Celtic B Team (aka St Liedown).

Napoleon  Wilson

My heart says Hibs, my head says Hamilton.

Saying that i think it would be absolutely f*&%ing hilarious if Aberdeen went down :smiliz64:

GoldenChed.png

Archived