Relegation (Merged Threads)

Victor Meldrew

Francis Albert

Hmmmm

Seeing Hibs go down wold be funny, but losing four derbies (and probably 12 points and bragging rights for a whole season?) That is a high price to humiliate Sir Gay and the morons from Lochend.

Abersheep? A sad wee team. Their support cannot yet get over the fact that something big happened 30 years ago (during which time the world has changed massively - two disastrous US Presidents called Bush for a start)

For me there is no other choice for relegation than that vile institution, Celtic B Team (aka St Liedown).

If Hibs went down I don't think thee is much doubt who would have bragging rights for a whole season, and hopefully longer.

Hibs for me.

It always would have been, but after over five years of "Tick Tock", "flats in Gorgie" and "administration next month" the choice is clearer than ever.

There should surely only be one answer to this question, especially on a Heart of Midlothian FC fans forum......................... Hibernian FC to go down please.

Guest vanbasten1874

It has to be Hibs just for the permanent smug look on my face whenever speaking to one can see the argument for oberdeen and the st liedown tho .

For anyone old enough to have lived through the 1985/86 season and to suffer like never before on 3rd May it HAS to be St Mirren. It may be hard for younger fans to understand the deep unadulterated loathing that some of us have for that club, but relegation down to the depths of the Third Division still wouldn't be enough. That season gave me possibly the only chance in my lifetime to see my Club win the league and the chance was missed because we failed to take a point at Dundee (although I will plead mitigating circumstances in that the referee Mr Bill Crombie failed to give a penalty after Sandy Clark was assaulted by Colin Hendry) and St Mirren LAY DOWN to Celtic. Campbell Money refused to play in goal as he knew so many of his teammates were Celtic fans and were going to lie down so that they could score as many goals as they needed to and Rangers fan Jim Stewart had to go in. 8 St Mirren players celebrated WITH Celtic int he away dressing room after the match.

Regardless of what any of us think of Hibs or Aberdeen etc there can only be one candidate for our malevolence and that is the snakes of Paisley.

Sermon ends!

I'd rather have 3 derbies a season that suffer the fate of having to watch the utter diddies that are St Mirren, even although I hate Hibs with a passion. Imagine playing that scruffy Paisley mob instead of having a Derby, it would be absolutely shit.

On the other hand, if we go to a 10 team league. a clean sweep of St Midden, Aberdeen, and Hibs would be just wonderful. :thumbsup:

I'm with old man Mitchell on this one thumbsup.gif

For anyone old enough to have lived through the 1985/86 season and to suffer like never before on 3rd May it HAS to be St Mirren. It may be hard for younger fans to understand the deep unadulterated loathing that some of us have for that club, but relegation down to the depths of the Third Division still wouldn't be enough. That season gave me possibly the only chance in my lifetime to see my Club win the league and the chance was missed because we failed to take a point at Dundee (although I will plead mitigating circumstances in that the referee Mr Bill Crombie failed to give a penalty after Sandy Clark was assaulted by Colin Hendry) and St Mirren LAY DOWN to Celtic. Campbell Money refused to play in goal as he knew so many of his teammates were Celtic fans and were going to lie down so that they could score as many goals as they needed to and Rangers fan Jim Stewart had to go in. 8 St Mirren players celebrated WITH Celtic int he away dressing room after the match.

Regardless of what any of us think of Hibs or Aberdeen etc there can only be one candidate for our malevolence and that is the snakes of Paisley.

Sermon ends!

well said that man

on top of all of this i add that at least Hamilton try and play football,Hibs imagine they play football,Aberdeen have Hartley,so you know there is one footbnaller in their team

St Mirren...well....they just lump it through the middle and wait for their forwards to assault the centre backs,which of course they ALWAYS get away with at Tynecastle,horrible little club

i would usually agree with you on Aberdeen as i have some family up there and it would wind them up but NOBODY in Aberdeen supports Aberdeen,they are all old firm fans up there! Aberdeen as a team are dying a slow death and that is much more satisfying

Guest vanbasten1874

It has to be Hibs just for the permanent smug look on my face whenever speaking to one can see the argument for oberdeen and the st liedown tho .

Just had a rethink and to be honest i would be just as happy to take any one from that three :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Sermon ends!

I know a lot of people feel this way but I am not convinced it is as universal as you say. For me St Mirren weren't much in mind on 3rd May or its aftermath. I was pretty certain that if Hearts didn't get the point they needed then Celtic would get, one way or another, what they needed at Love Street. It's what the OF do, always have done, and Celtic had been on a strong run to keep them in contention long after most had written them off. I wasn't at the game obviously but the result was no surprie, St Mirren lying down or not.

You could argue that if we hadn't "lain down" to St Mirren early in the season, if we hadn't dropped that point at home to Aberdeen, if we'd put a few more past Clydebank the week before... still a great season and no-one at St Mirren then is still around now. And Murdo and his mates won't feel an ounce of hurt if St Mirren go down.

Sermon ends!

Great post and my sentiments exactly.

We may not like Aberdeen or Hibs all that much, but neither have conspired against us to the level the Paisley cheats did that day. It's also a terrible away game and they would be no loss to the SPL.

Yes I would miss the derbies but would love Hibs to go down.

And yes they might start filling there stands again but at a lower income than in the SPL so wouldn't make much off a difference anyway.

i would usually agree with you on Aberdeen as i have some family up there and it would wind them up but NOBODY in Aberdeen supports Aberdeen,they are all old firm fans up there! Aberdeen as a team are dying a slow death and that is much more satisfying

Bit of an exaggeration to say nobody supports Aberdeen, I've seen a lot of Dons scarves being worn about the city lately.

I really hope they go down though, would bring them down a peg or two, which is sorely needed. Unless we win the cup, then it would be amazing if Hibs were relegated again.

Hibs, we've had our fun with Aberdeen, it was good seeing the mighty Aberdeen who are the biggest club in football since Barcelona, apparently propping up the league, very funny, but now it's time for Hibs to go down again. And if we can win something at the same time, like the Scottish Cup or preferably the SPL (imagine THAT the year they go down)

then all the better.

This post sums up how fecking thick these hobos are BTW:

"14/1 does seem generous, particularly as one of Hamilton's games in hand is against us at New Douglas Park!"

The Old Tolbooth

Sermon ends!

Very well said Scott, if anyone needs any reminding of why St Midden and their fans are sc_um then they need look no further than this pre match thread for tomorrow nights game

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/137548-st-mirren-v-hearts/

This lesson from Scott should end this thread. St Midden.

Sermon ends!

Sermon ends!

Amen! Scott, the absolute HATE I have for that 'club' will never end until they disapear and die, its as fresh a memory now as it was that day, as for Hibs, I would laugh long and hard and the fun I would have with my hobo mates would be endless :thumbsup: and as anouther poster said the cod hieds are nothing but an irrelivence to the famous HMFC so #### them :thumbsup:

The New Year fixture in 1999 was ******* shite.

Anyone who would rather play Dunfermline instead of hibs needs their head examined.

I would love Aberdeen to have a taste of relegation but I fear Paw Broon will do enough to keep them up.

Johanes de Silentio

Sermon ends!

Righteous post! :thumbsup:

St Mirren for the above reasons, or Hibs - because it would be pantwettingly funny! :thumbsup:

The New Year fixture in 1999 was ******* shite.

Anyone who would rather play Dunfermline instead of hibs needs their head examined.

I would love Aberdeen to have a taste of relegation but I fear Paw Broon will do enough to keep them up.

I remember the Pars fans cringeworthy attempts to start a 'rivalry' with us, which went entirely un-reciprocated.

Victor Meldrew

I do wish that people would stop blaming St Mirren for us blowing the league in 1986. I was there at Dens (having been to almost every game that season) and there was only one team responsible for us not winning the league that year - us.

We could have got a point against Dundee. We didn't

We could have hammered Clydebank a few weeks before. We didn't

We could have beaten Aberdeen at Tynecastle a couple of weeks before. We didn't.

We could have avoided defeat at Kilbowie early in the season.....

Truth of the matter is that we had all sorts of opportunities to put the title to bed that year. It might be easier to blame St Mirren for our failure to do so, but it doesn't make it true.

I do wish that people would stop blaming St Mirren for us blowing the league in 1986. I was there at Dens (having been to almost every game that season) and there was only one team responsible for us not winning the league that year - us.

We could have hammered Clydebank a few weeks before. We didn'tWe could have beaten Aberdeen at Tynecastle a couple of weeks before. We didn't.

Truth of the matter is that we had all sorts of opportunities to put the title to bed that year. It might be easier to blame St Mirren for our failure to do so, but it doesn't make it true.

I find it a bit cringey we blame others. Of course i can`t stand St Liedown for what they done and how they aided Celtic but we simply had it in OUR hands. It wasn`t as if Celtic just needed to win, they needed us to get beat too....and we did.

So i agree with you there VM.

I don`t go along with the highlighted parts though. You can`t look back and blame early results or the lack of goals in an earlier game. As each week comes you have your targets, they change depending on results and that its. At the time of the early loss to Clydebank we didn`t know we`d be in a position to win the league later...so these sort of reasonings never make sense to me?

The bottom line was we had a chance to win the league in the last game and we never took it. Still sore to this day and always will be until we win the league.

Morgaro Gomis

Hibs, no doubt about it. I was a wee bit too young to take much notice of them going down in '98, but would love to see it happen again.

We could have beaten Aberdeen at Tynecastle a couple of weeks before. We didn't.

I agree with this.

All of the blaming of St Mirren is serious snorecore.

Hearts lost the league because of Hearts and no-one else.

I don't even need to think about it - hibs.

I want them relegated, relegated again, relegated again, then to go out of business, their flat pack stadium to burn down and each and every single one of their vermin fans to live the rest of their lives in unimaginable mental torment and anguish knowing that we ******* owned their laughable, second rate tinpot outfit at each and every single turn.

Aye, that's for me alright.

Victor Meldrew

I find it a bit cringey we blame others. Of course i can`t stand St Liedown for what they done and how they aided Celtic but we simply had it in OUR hands. It wasn`t as if Celtic just needed to win, they needed us to get beat too....and we did.

I don`t go along with the highlighted parts though. You can`t look back and blame early results or the lack of goals in an earlier game. As each week comes you have your targets, they change depending on results and that its. At the time of the early loss to Clydebank we didn`t know we`d be in a position to win the league later...so these sort of reasonings never make sense to me?

The bottom line was we had a chance to win the league in the last game and we never took it. Still sore to this day and always will be until we win the league.

I don't disagree with you - I was merely trying to emphasise that there were numerous games over the season where we could have done something different which would have led to us winning the league - I probably could have phrased it better but went down the route of consistency with the other statements!

It really is embarrassing that people hate St Mirren over it. My view towards them is that they are just a p!$$y little club that aren't really worth my hatred!

I agree with this.

All of the blaming of St Mirren is serious snorecore.

Hearts lost the league because of Hearts and no-one else.

Serious question guys,

Do people say (or post) that St Mirren cost us the league, blaming them for the lack of the title? Or, do people just dislike that team for laying down and their players/fans reactions to this?

Two very different things IMO.

Aberdeen, simply because they didn't suffer when they should have due to league reconstruction. Would be nice to take away their "never relegated" status because of that technicality. Same goes for Motherwell who were similarly saved.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Serious question guys,

Do people say (or post) that St Mirren cost us the league, blaming them for the lack of the title? Or, do people just dislike that team for laying down and their players/fans reactions to this?

For me it is simply the fact that they celebrated getting pumped by another team and (in the words of frank McGarvey) "never tried a leg"...

Whether it was in our hands or not is a separate issue for me... They allowed their players to celebrate getting hammered by a huge margin and the fans never even protested at this behaviour... If Hearts players celebrated a hammering because it allowed another team to win the league by goal-difference/average, due to us not trying a leg then I would want every player that took part in that behaviour (behaviour which devalued the club) to be sacked for misconduct and to be investigated.

St Mirren seized to be a football club when they celebrated defeat for the sake of others.

Why is that something that yourself and other Hearts fans seem willing to accept what they did as sporting behaviour? I pray Hearts never stoop so low as I would want swift action taken to put it right... personaly.

Any club who would put the interests of others before their own is not a football club anymore... I never want us to get hammered and if our players celebrated one while picking up my season ticket money for wages... i would be demanding action from the club.

For me it is simply the fact that they celebrated getting pumped by another team and (in the words of frank McGarvey) "never tried a leg"...

Whether it was in our hands or not is a separate issue for me... They allowed their players to celebrate getting hammered by a huge margin and the fans never even protested at this behaviour... If Hearts players celebrated a hammering because it allowed another team to win the league by goal-difference/average, due to us not trying a leg then I would want every player that took part in that behaviour (behaviour which devalued the club) to be sacked for misconduct and to be investigated.

St Mirren seized to be a football club when they celebrated defeat for the sake of others.

Why is that something that yourself and other Hearts fans seem willing to accept what they did as sporting behaviour? I pray Hearts never stoop so low as I would want swift action taken to put it right... personaly.

Any club who would put the interests of others before their own is not a football club anymore... I never want us to get hammered and if our players celebrated one while picking up my season ticket money for wages... i would be demanding action from the club.

Hypothetical question for you.......

If hibs had been playing at dens for the title that day, and Hearts hosted Celtic instead of st mirren. Would you want hearts to 'try a leg'? Or let them pump us?

Not arguing with you; just interested to know.

Can you imagine a world without hypothetical questions? :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hypothetical question for you.......

If hibs had been playing at dens for the title that day, and Hearts hosted Celtic instead of st mirren. Would you want hearts to 'try a leg'? Or let them pump us?

Not arguing with you; just interested to know.

Can you imagine a world without hypothetical questions? :)

I would HATE for us to cheapen ourselves in that manner... Seriously mate.

Tell you what though, that would be bad enough but if our players actually celebrated the loss? Feck me, that would be unbearable.

A big difference though too is... We were not St Midden's local rivals, like the scenario you suggest above.

PRIDE man, we would never get it back again.

Therein lies my point. You do not blame St Mirren for our failure to win the league but you do blame them for their own individual performances/reactions and their fans behaviours. Those opinions do not contradict each other and are the opinions that I generally hear/read from Hearts fans. I don't know anybody that says it is all St Mirren's fault we failed to win the league, it wasn't, it was our fault. I still bloody hate them though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Therein lies my point. You do not blame St Mirren for our failure to win the league but you do blame them for their own individual performances/reactions and their fans behaviours. Those opinions do not contradict each other and are the opinions that I generally hear/read from Hearts fans. I don't know anybody that says it is all St Mirren's fault we failed to win the league, it wasn't, it was our fault. I still bloody hate them though.

That's fair enough... Pretty much where I am at... St Mirren as a club had nothing to gain and yet they celebrated getting horsed by another team. St Midden failed to be an individual football club on that day and have never been since IMO. :yucky:

Tell you what though, that would be bad enough but if our players actually celebrated the loss? Feck me, that would be unbearable.

A big difference though too is... We were not St Midden's local rivals, like the scenario you suggest above.

It would be a bad scenario no doubt, but if we beat Celtic and hibs won the league despite defeat at dens, they would have us to thank. Therefor would not be able to gloat as much about winning the title.

I agree that throwing games is bad; whatever the reason may be, and I salute you for you're honourable response. :)

Hibs still suck though and this scenario is unlikely to happen....thank god! :)

I also take you're point about the not being local rivals thing, and the celebration of defeat is beyond low. :(

I'm glad I was too young to remember 86.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It would be a bad scenario no doubt, but if we beat Celtic and hibs won the league despite defeat at dens, they would have us to thank. Therefor would not be able to gloat as much about winning the title.

I agree that throwing games is bad; whatever the reason may be, and I salute you for you're honourable response. :)

Hibs still suck though and this scenario is unlikely to happen....thank god! :)

I also take you're point about the not being local rivals thing, and the celebration of defeat is beyond low. :(

I'm glad I was too young to remember 86.

The thing is... St Midden can never go back and change history... They are stuck now forever as the team that lay down and celebrated defeat for no personal gain other than allowing a completely unrelated team to win the league, in front of another completely unrelated team.

They are stuck now forever as "un-clean"... I would hope we as a club would never allow such a thing to happen to ourselves.

(I was only seven years old... Still makes me hate them though!) :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

Serious question guys,

BH, you saved me answering the above post mate, cheers :thumbsup:

100% this, totally agree mate, that lot have no shame and I couldn't imagine celebrating a 5-0 home defeat, a truly embarrassing situation if ever there was one. Also, the fact that 8 St Midden players, plus their management team and board celebrated with the Celtic team in winning the league means that that club have even less shame than smeltic fc.

Pure filth!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

John,

It is pure and simple as far as I am concerned...

They are no longer a football club, they sold that right in 86

As much as I despise St. Mirren, they have only spent 5 of 12 years in the SPL, so being in a lower division doesn't seem to hurt them much.

Seeing Aberdeen going down, finally, would be a great laugh and their record would be spoiled.

But Hibs and their fans would be crushed by relegation. Surely it would finally snuff out all their daft notions about being a good team to watch.

Relegation would mean financial and emotional pain for Hibs and their fans, so they get my vote for the team I'd prefer to see drop. Cheerio, losers!

BangkokHearts

Sermon ends!

Compelling argument.

I am torn between them and Aberdeen as there's loads of oil workers over here from that part of Scotland and they are all still living in the 80's.

Either please.

Serious question guys,

I`d say most Hearts fans dislike St Liedown than blame them although some choose to do the latter. They opened the door and gave Celtic a better chance but it still depended on our result.

As much as I despise St. Mirren, they have only spent 5 of 12 years in the SPL, so being in a lower division doesn't seem to hurt them much.

Seeing Aberdeen going down, finally, would be a great laugh and their record would be spoiled.

But Hibs and their fans would be crushed by relegation. Surely it would finally snuff out all their daft notions about being a good team to watch.

Relegation would mean financial and emotional pain for Hibs and their fans, so they get my vote for the team I'd prefer to see drop. Cheerio, losers!

This I agree with.

If once every 10-15 years the Hobos get relegated and in between we win most of our head to heads, end up higher in the table, win the key matches and a cup or two along the way it far outweighs having to play a festive tie at East End Park.

Although Leigh Jenkinson that day was not pleasant viewing.

Archived