Track for Derby - Queen @ Live Aid

Deodato

JKB.

Got back into Edinburgh late last night after a lot of travel chaos and slouched out to the box, watching 'When Harvey Met Bob' followed by a retrospective on Live Aid. Made me re-appreciate just how good Queen were that day in 1985, and especially how breathtaking their performance of Radio Ga Ga was - not that big a fan of Queen, but don't think there can be many live performances to match this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LncAQR47eZo

I reckon it could be a good one for the play list for the derby game. In the same way as David Bowie's Heroes become the soundtrack to 2005-06 due to the deep lyrical content, I really take a lot from these two lines as regards the season so far, and the unexpected opportunity that lies ahead.

"You had your time, you had the power

You've yet to have your finest hour"

For me, that says: a team of talented journeymen who, by chance, seem to be clicking and a manager who knows what the club means to the fans.

Deodato

PS: There was some great 'Heroes' David Bowie Hearts videos made of 2005-06, would be very grateful if anyone has the links to them?

JKB.

Got back into Edinburgh late last night after a lot of travel chaos and slouched out to the box, watching 'When Harvey Met Bob' followed by a retrospective on Live Aid. Made me re-appreciate just how good Queen were that day in 1985, and especially how breathtaking their performance of Radio Ga Ga was - not that big a fan of Queen, but don't think there can be many live performances to match this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LncAQR47eZo

I reckon it could be a good one for the play list for the derby game. In the same way as David Bowie's Heroes become the soundtrack to 2005-06 due to the deep lyrical content, I really take a lot from these two lines as regards the season so far, and the unexpected opportunity that lies ahead.

"You had your time, you had the power

You've yet to have your finest hour"

For me, that says: a team of talented journeymen who, by chance, seem to be clicking and a manager who knows what the club means to the fans.

Deodato

PS: There was some great 'Heroes' David Bowie Hearts videos made of 2005-06, would be very grateful if anyone has the links to them?

Not sure - band choice might inspire Hibs :whistling:

Nah, think some of the following might be more appropriate:

•  
  • Tom Robinson Band - Glad To Be Gay
  • Beck - Loser
  • White Stripes - 7 Nation Army

[*]Beck - Loser

OH YES!

Scott - this is the track, you have to go with this one ten minutes before kick off!

I was there ! Who else was at Wembley on 13 July 1985 ?

Was only 9 Years old, was playing footie in the back garden but watched the Queen performance, no matter what people think about his sexual preference he was a fantastic entertainer.

Occassionally watch it on You Tube and the crowd was a sea of arms waving.

Great stuff.

I was there ! Who else was at Wembley on 13 July 1985 ?

me too. Cost me a weeks wages for the ticket (had to borrow 50p from the guy behind me in the queue at the playhouse to cover the, unheard of back then, handling charge) then another weeks wages for the bus down. Well worth it.

I was coming back from the refreshments stall with three large cokes when Radio Gaga was playing, kinda tricky with everyone doing the clapping.

Archived