Hobos in Free Fall (Merged Threads)

maroonlegions

well we have won and drawn the last two games with pens where not so long ago refs didnt seem to want to give us any. The keeper saving at m`well then cannoning off his own man to score an OG at fir park for us.

These are just a couple that have gone our way off late and you need this to happen to move up leagues. The teams that get the breaks always seem to be on the up

The penalties WERE penalties though, not like they've been 50/50 shouts that have gone for us.

We also missed a bundle of chances in both matches and deserved 6 pts out of 6 and not just the 4 we got. I think our only fortunate result was St J's where we got a dodgy penalty to take the lead but we still might have won that won anyway.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say that i am always a bit apprehensive going into Derbies, even when we are playing as good as we are at present.As we all know ,effort,work rate and the right attitude does play a big factor as well as playing well.We need to approach this game with the right aptitude and i dare say respect for the Hobos no matter how crap they are just now.Luck and mistakes can win or lose games too as well as playing better than them.I feel if the players show the the right attitude,aptitude and work rate and are totally fired up then we should have no problems, if we score 1 or 2 early then i feel they will be there for the taking.To the Hearts players, treat this game with the right focus and work rate and with a attitude,effort and commitment that is more committed than them and we will be victorious. :walk_man:

:flag2::flag1:

Agree ML. Wins are borne out of respect for the opposition but not fear. Respect means the way you go about your own game in trying to win and reconising the work you need to put in.

On here you can`t stop fans getting carried away but in changing room it`ll be a different story. We have a down to earth, old fashioned management team who take no sh ite and will lay down the law, not only in the derby, but ANY game.

Most of us are old enough to know you can become unstuck against poor sides if you give them the slightest whiff you have got the foot off the gas. If we go out whipped up into a frenzy and on top of our game then thats when you should make poor teams suffer, you need to get in about teams early who are in a confidence crisis.

Nothing to do with Temps great overhead shot then?

And now the ref giving us a penalty when it IS a penalty is a "break"?

Why do some people jump on anything and everything.

yes we are playing well, yes we deserve the results but yes most definately things that in many instances wont be decided in our favour have been ruled to our advantage. In the example I have used and you replied about there is no doubting it was a fantastic piece of ability by Temps, it was also a first class save but the fact is the ball was going back away from goal after that save and the keeper and defender contrived to get in each others way resulting in a goal for us is must definately some form of good fortune, dunno why you would thing anything else,

Penalties? well they are subjective and many many stone wallers that we feel should be given havent so I for one feel glad that refs are awarding these cos the Dougie McDonalds of this world wouldnt have. Bet theres loads o Well fans still think Temps wasnt. At the time I thought the second shout we didnt get was a far clearer pen and so did all around about me.

Dont get me wrong you work for your fortune and our good play and effort have greatly contributed to the end result however there is not a team in existance that has won a trophy with only bad luck

I'm sure clogger Murray will be out to break Temps from the first minute.

i'm just hoping there are a few injuries at centre half and Hogg has to start. Just watched the Aberdeen highlights and he looked like a complete bombscare.

gorgie rd eh11

well we have won and drawn the last two games with pens where not so long ago refs didnt seem to want to give us any. The keeper saving at m`well then cannoning off his own man to score an OG at fir park for us.

These are just a couple that have gone our way off late and you need this to happen to move up leagues. The teams that get the breaks always seem to be on the up

If we had got a few breaks in the I.C.T. game we would have won 4 or 5-1. Getting a stonewall penalty is not getting a break, in fact it could be argued that in not sending their keeper off we didn't get a break.

I don't think there's any doubt we're better than them but you still have to go out and give it everything. They might be sh*t but they will see this as a chance to get their support back on their side and will be fired up.

Miller Jambo 60

If we had got a few breaks in the I.C.T. game we would have won 4 or 5-1. Getting a stonewall penalty is not getting a break, in fact it could be argued that in not sending their keeper off we didn't get a break.

I don't think there's any doubt we're better than them but you still have to go out and give it everything. They might be sh*t but they will see this as a chance to get their support back on their side and will be fired up.

4-0 Hearts and thats being kindthumbsup.gif

Dougal

The penalties WERE penalties though, not like they've been 50/50 shouts that have gone for us.

We also missed a bundle of chances in both matches and deserved 6 pts out of 6 and not just the 4 we got. I think our only fortunate result was St J's where we got a dodgy penalty to take the lead but we still might have won that won anyway.

Dont disagree with anything there and yes ST J was prob our game where we maybe didnt create too much on the day but still won. We can also say that against ICT last week we got the opposite as we battered them in the second half but without a breakthrough. If I recall the big guy Parkin (St J) was also put right through against us and very badly ballooned the ball over where it looked easier to score.

I am the last person to have a go and certainly wasnt but merely pointed out that in some instances things have gone in our favour that in many other games have not. All in all we are getting what we deserve recently where At the start of the season we werent.

We need to ditch the over-confidence/arrogance or we're in real danger of getting beaten.

Seen it all too many times.

Their current plight is very pleasing, though.

We really are catching hibs at the best time possible.

Altough that game a few years ago where they came here with half a team and beat us was unexpected, i believe they are a much more desperate and shocking position now than they were then.

I am never complacent going in to any game but this time i cant help but feel confident. If we do not win against hibs on saturday, i honestly will cry.

Our team is far better than theirs on every attribute, our managerial team is second to none and have instilled a togetherness and brotherhood amongst the players this season, more apparent in the last couple of months. Whereas they have a man in CC Blooms who is thick, tactless and from what ive seen so far, just an awful manager. If it wasnt for their 3-0 win at ibrox last month, he would be getting much more stick from the hibs fans than what he is now (and he is getting alot over on .net).

I think if we go out on saturday all guns blazing, move the ball quickly, get tempy running at hart(or whoever they have at right back), and get the crosses swung in, hibs will have no reply with (from what ive heard) only three players playing reasonably well ATM, one of whom being their keeper.

I wont say it is a chance to avenge 7-0, i will however say that it is a chance to give them a real doofering.

FTH

maroonlegions

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9321774.stm

For anyone who wants a bit of entertainment and i though i would add a comment from freefall.net who asked these questions on yesterdays defeat to the Dons;

The following was posted by a Hobo over there;

Question 1, "why was the sheep forward not booked for diving when throwing himself to the floor trying to get Brown sent off and win a penalty" :whistling:

Question 2, "why was Hogg playing" :lol:

Question 3,"why did we not get a penalty when Galbraith was stopped getting to the ball" :D

Question 4, "why did Rankin not put the ball in row z prior to there 2nd goal" :lol:

"Answers on a postcard please"

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?200217-Lowlights-on-BBC

IrnBrufootballleague.jpg

ok, cos you are s****. :D

We really are catching hibs at the best time possible.

Altough that game a few years ago where they came here with half a team and beat us was unexpected, i believe they are a much more desperate and shocking position now than they were then.

I am never complacent going in to any game but this time i cant help but feel confident. If we do not win against hibs on saturday, i honestly will cry.

Our team is far better than theirs on every attribute, our managerial team is second to none and have instilled a togetherness and brotherhood amongst the players this season, more apparent in the last couple of months. Whereas they have a man in CC Blooms who is thick, tactless and from what ive seen so far, just an awful manager. If it wasnt for their 3-0 win at ibrox last month, he would be getting much more stick from the hibs fans than what he is now (and he is getting alot over on .net).

I think if we go out on saturday all guns blazing, move the ball quickly, get tempy running at hart(or whoever they have at right back), and get the crosses swung in, hibs will have no reply with (from what ive heard) only three players playing reasonably well ATM, one of whom being their keeper.

I wont say it is a chance to avenge 7-0, i will however say that it is a chance to give them a real doofering.

FTH

While i think Hibs are generally poor their defence is undoubtedly their big worry. ICT came to Tynie, rode their luck but had fighters at the back who over the season will nick them points under pressure like they did at Tynie...but it won`t happen all the time.

Hibs on the otherhand don`t have the resistance and dig like ICT, Motherwell and others around us...thats why they are in the bottom end of the table.

We need to ditch the over-confidence/arrogance or we're in real danger of getting beaten.

I really don't think that the over-confidence of some of the kids on Kickback is any kind of measure as to how HMFC will perform, to be honest.

I really don't think that the over-confidence of some of the kids on Kickback is any kind of measure as to how HMFC will perform, to be honest.

Shouting our mouths off = disaster.

Remember going to Easter Road in 2005 singing "WE ARE UNBEATABLE'' ? Remember being ripped a new arse? Or what about when we were on an unbeaten run and running our mouths and they escaped Tynie with a 1-0 win (que: Section G chav trying to ram Riordan and punching himself).

Obviously folk saying things doesn't directly influence the result, but let's do our talking on the pitch. :thumbsup:

Theyve only amassed 15 points? Bloody hell. They are truly garbage!

As I have said previously, our goal difference is equal to their points :laugh:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Exactly mate.

I remember them coming to Tynie with only half a team and we were all thinking it would be 4 or 5!!!!

they beat us 1-0!!!!!!!!

A derby is a derby,anything can happen and i just hope jj,lockie and Bily Brown have them well up for this game and not thinking they just need to turn up!!! a bit like the Killie game a couple of months ago!!!!

A reminder, as if it was needed....both former players, former captains and lifelong supporters.

Will they have the players up for it? :thumbsup:

According to igotmysisterpregant.net here is the hobos record for 2010-

W 12 D 3 L 24

5 of those wins were in the first month of the year

:o:o:o

And two of those wins were against Irvine Meadow and Montrose.

Though bizarrely they have also beaten Rangers and Celtic. They seem to do better against good teams but can't motivate themselves for the bread and butter matches.

The thing that gives me confidence for New Years Day is how utterly terrified my wee team supporting mates are at the prospect of that current Hibs team coming to Tynie just now.

Spent some of Christmas night with a few of them and can safely say I've never heard them like this ahead of a derby no matter how many times in the past a result feels like a forgone conclusion, if that makes sense. To hear Tweeds and his old man say they'd "be happy to escape with a 3 goal defeat" is unheard of.

Hibs boy was asked where they could realistically pick up any points from in the next few weeks:

"The only place I can see us picking up any points is Tesco!"

Quality :thumbsup: can't wait for Saturday, hope we score early, if so it could be a bloodbath!

A point for will feel like a victory for that lot!! Have to make sure we strong at the back, let Temps & Rudi rip them to shreds. Thing we have in our favour is they cannot try mark 1 of our guys out the match! We have quality across midfield & up front to cause them so many problems. Haven't seen alot of them (even highlights) to make any judgement on them. A few hibes "mates" we're really up for this match at beginning of the month but not now! IF they pick up a draw then will be happy junkie bunnys, a win just isnt worth thinking about!!!! I just cannie wait much longer, will this year ever end????? Bring on 2011 :thumbsup:

P.S. Did they sell out their allocation? If so will they all turn up?? I hope so

One half of my family have been saying that for a good wee while now...

"Football isn't what it used to be. Rugby's better anyway. But see Hearts? They'd be nothing without that Kyle and your hoofball by the way...and I heard you haven't paid your bills again. Hmeh."

:laugh:

:laugh:

I should pop round to speak to your dad, think he'd let me in?

I'm with Billy Davies. :smiliz64:

STUNNING REVELATION!

lets hope the players are focussed on tomorrows match first because if we are to seriously challenge the infirm trips to paisley are where we need to be picking up points,hopefully we can pick up a good win and go into the derby flying.

i actually hope Hibs get a win before the derby,get a little bit of confidence going,start to think they are decent,come out all open

then watch them disintegrate when Rudi scores within 5 minutes

Guest vanbasten1874

lets hope the players are focussed on tomorrows match first because if we are to seriously challenge the infirm trips to paisley are where we need to be picking up points,hopefully we can pick up a good win and go into the derby flying.

i actually hope Hibs get a win before the derby,get a little bit of confidence going,start to think they are decent,come out all open

then watch them disintegrate when Rudi scores within 5 minutes

Getting a result against the cheats is not as easy as you would think its doable but its gonna be tough http://www.heartofmidlothian-mad.co.uk/news/prev/fm_preview_st_mirren_v_heart_of_midlothian_29_dec_2010_612695/index.shtml

if we want people to take us seriously this is exactly the sort of game we need to take points out of but with 6 wins out of 7 away this is a result i can see us achieving,but only if we are 100% focussed

Cannot wait for the New Years day game...can see a 4-0 Scoreline on the cards with Rudi getting 1st goal

Hopefully get an early goal and the floodgates could open

I am a bit wary that if we don't get the early goal that after half hour or so our fans start getting on the players backs.

Lets make Tynecastle bounce on Saturday and get right behind the players from start to finish

HEARTS HEARTS glorious Hearts

Archived