Hobos in Free Fall (Merged Threads)

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

:4_1_72:

comet.jpg

Pleasing but while there is still plenty games left for them to avert any possibility of relegation its still rather entertaining and funny as feck watching them sweat and lose games i would still miss the derby's IF they went down though.Good chance coming up for us to inflict more misery on them on new years day, can here the chants "going down" already. :santa1:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theyve only amassed 15 points? Bloody hell. They are truly garbage!

They are indeed a dreadful team but we still need to keep our feet firmly on the ground going into the derby.

Edinburgh Derbies seem to throw up shock results from time to time but if we prepare well and JJ has the guys focused and well up for it, we should have enough to get by whatever they can come up with.

They are indeed a dreadful team but we still need to keep our feet firmly on the ground going into the derby.

Edinburgh Derbies seem to throw up shock results from time to time but if we prepare well and JJ has the guys focused and well up for it, we should have enough to get by whatever they can come up with.

Exactly what I wanted to say. :thumbsup:

Agree with this 100% don't think JJ will let any complacency creep in though the guy hates them as much as us.

As long as we have the right attitude to the game we'll be fine. It's all down to us.

I think in a drunken stupor I said to my Dad yesterday that 1/1/11 is a chance to avenge 7-0 and thought it could happen. Bit too much vino for me.

Pretty pleased that I took Aberdeen at 16/5!!!!!! The winnings will certainly contribute to my Madchester planned evening....with a bunch of Hobos!

Good times.

As long as we have the right attitude to the game we'll be fine. It's all down to us.

I think in a drunken stupor I said to my Dad yesterday that 1/1/11 is a chance to avenge 7-0 and thought it could happen. Bit too much vino for me.

Being brutally honest, I couldn't really care about avenging Hobos about anything.

Out of the 2 clubs, we've pretty much always held the upper hand and one result will never change that or bother me. The 7-0 game means about as much to me as the time we beat them 10-2 ie not a jot.

We've won more trophies, more derbies and have nearly always made them our bitches.

They can keep their 7-0 and bring it up all they want, what we have and will always have is vastly, vastly superior. :thumbsup:

Being brutally honest, I couldn't really care about avenging Hobos about anything.

Out of the 2 clubs, we've pretty much always held the upper hand and one result will never change that or bother me. The 7-0 game means about as much to me as the time we beat them 10-2 ie not a jot.

We've won more trophies, more derbies and have nearly always made them our bitches.

They can keep their 7-0 and bring it up all they want, what we have and will always have is vastly, vastly superior. :thumbsup:

All true. 7-0 doesn't bother me a jot either as it was well before I was born.

But it's pretty much all they've got and it'd be lovely to take that away from them at some stage.

I'd be just as happy with a completely undeserved, scrappy 1-0 win though.

Aye but they are so pwoud of their balance sheet and their newly and world renowned "singin section" so there! :santa1:

But it's pretty much all they've got and it'd be lovely to take that away from them at some stage.

Same.

Any win will do.

I think we've won 3 in a row and are unbeaten in 5.

Would be a nice start to 2011 making that 4 and 6.

They still have flair, a stand, floodlights and balance sheets by the way. They are all more important than actual football to Hobos. :thumbsup:

taken from their player ratings thread on .net

Hogg 0/10 Worst centre half I have ever seen at Hibs. I'm way older than you but that performance was probably the worst of a CH I've seen - sold 2 goals and contrived to sell another 2

PLEASE play him next week CC :lol:

Well I for one would like it well and truly avenged.

Plus as you say it is the only thing they have got left to brag about.

JamboAberdeen

It seems no edinburgh derby next season, never mind the 4th derby in this season.

That means we lose 15 points and 3 home derby income...what a disaster!

But but but.. They have a new shiny stand from Ikea!

Ha ha.

Joke of a club. Petrie MUST stay!!!

Just watching the game on BBC Alba WTF was their attendance today? Their home support really is pish. :lol:

...a bit disco

But but but.. They have a new shiny stand from Ikea!

Ha ha.

Joke of a club. Petrie MUST stay!!!

From ****.net.......'Still we can watch this pish in comfort from a totally unneccessary new stand'

:lol:

The Mighty Thor

Just watching the game on BBC Alba WTF was their attendance today? Their home support really is pish. :lol:

10,115 according to Radio Scotland thumbsup.gif

maroonlegions

Some beauties over on freefall.net, liked this quote;

"Got several bottle of very nice Red wine that look in need of mouth-to-mouth..."

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?200145-Match-Updates-Hibs-1-V-Aberdeen-2/page6

gay wineo. :woot:

and this post too below;

"tell you what, CC is taking us right into 1st Division along with 10 of theses players. This is real relegation stuff, Hibs better start knowing they are in the fight as from now". :santa1:

Call me glass half empty but I'm just glad that there's another game to come before the derby. We really don't need to be in a position where they're as desperate for a result as they're likely to be all year - we're too kind when it comes to situations like that. Being runaway favourites isn't necessarily a good thing when it comes to derbies...

In saying that, I think we'll be too strong for them regardless of expectation, pressure and anything else we need to take into account. We have by far the better team and that should be enough. More than enough.

Well I for one would like it well and truly avenged.

Plus as you say it is the only thing they have got left to brag about.

theyd still be able to brag about there floodlights :lol::lol:

maroonlegions

theyd still be able to brag about there floodlights :lol::lol:

Well according to these two posts from freefall.net it may well mean not is all right; :D

post by The_Quiet_Man

"Aye - the lights have gone out"!

post by hibiedude

"Lights are back on"

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?200145-Match-Updates-Hibs-1-V-Aberdeen-2/page5

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Anyone else have Hibs mates that suddenly don't think Scottish football is interesting or worth watching any longer? They're correct of course but they all seem to start saying things like "I'm not bothered anymore" or "I'm not interested" when they do badly

The Mighty Thor

What we are of course witnessing is the annual Christmas collapse from the Lochend Brazil. The difference this year is that they don't have 25-30 points in the bank like last year, they only have 15 and as a result they are going to have a hellish time between now and May. Hopefully we'll compound their misery by doing them royally on the 1st thumbsup.gif

FTH

We'll meet again, don't know where, Don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day.

Keep smiling through, Just like you always do, Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away.

or

Going down, going down, going down .............. repeat until bored (never !!!)

or

Cheer up CC Bloom, oh what can it be........., ... to be a sad hibby b...... with a s.... football team

or my personal favourite

Eight is the magic number ..................... (ala schoolhouse rock)

Anyone else have Hibs mates that suddenly don't think Scottish football is interesting or worth watching any longer? They're correct of course but they all seem to start saying things like "I'm not bothered anymore" or "I'm not interested" when they do badly

One half of my family have been saying that for a good wee while now...

"Football isn't what it used to be. Rugby's better anyway. But see Hearts? They'd be nothing without that Kyle and your hoofball by the way...and I heard you haven't paid your bills again. Hmeh."

:laugh:

JennytheJambo

Ditto! remember the season 2005/2006 season when we went in as favourites with a 12 game unbeaten run, we were brought back down to earth with a bump. They only have ratboy as a goal scorer but if we concede silly goals like we did against Motherwell and Inverness, it will be us with egg on our faces. Hibs are pure and utter s***e but we need to play well and don't think we only need to turn up.

'i dont believe theres that much wrong BUT !!! there are vital things missing like playmakers, creativity and natural born winners i.e. people who are determined and dont like losing and will drag the team out of our current hell !!!'

Now there is dumb but above takes the biscuit ! :smiliz64: not much missing then eh!

maroonlegions

One half of my family have been saying that for a good wee while now...

"Football isn't what it used to be. Rugby's better anyway. But see Hearts? They'd be nothing without that Kyle and your hoofball by the way...and I heard you haven't paid your bills again. Hmeh."

:laugh:

Anything to divert how pesh they are , "rugby's better" :rolleyes: how can it be compared to football, mind you they are renowned for desperado justifications for the real reality that they are not all flair all of the time or at any time for that matter.

Hibs are pish no doubt about it, however we shouldn't get too confident about next week. Seem to remember the NYD game in 1998 when we were 2-0 up after 10 mins and still didn't win.

Still, I'm sure JJ etc will have us well up for it, and I imagine they'll be asking the team to get at them straight away like we did against the Sheep!

Templeton'sUnderpants

Absolutely spot on. "Scottish football really is a joke" etc. Wasn't that when they had their great start last season. Always the fault of Scottish football when they do badly but when they do well. That must be their incredible flair football.

On BBC Alba they just interviewed Liam Miller and he came out with a few crackers.

"I would love to return to the Premiership, I'll just keep working hard here and see what happens."

"We can still qualify for Europe."

Delusion personified.

This is not in any way a sympathy post for Hibs, but there is no doubt to me that their key troubles started when Petrie allowed himself to be inveigled into a meeting with the players during the Collins term. As far as I am concerned he broke the rule of chain of command. He as much as told the players' that the manager has no position, any problems should be addressed directly to him. As a result I would submit that actual or perceived, the players believe that the manager whomever he is has no real authority, and can be overruled and the firing of Yogi proves has no standing.

I don't believe that Hibs players are as bad as the results would indicate, the game against Rangers perhaps an anomaly but proves that even a rudderless ship can at some points be on course. I don't expect an overnight cure to their problems, but any attitude by Hearts that they only have to turn up could be a serious mistake.

boyfriend is a hibs fan but his whole family apart from one uncle are hearts fans...he is now claiming to be a spartans fan and not that interested in football...aye that's why this season he's been attending hearts games, wearing my spare hearts top and has now purchased himself a scarf and says his next purchase is a top...CONVERTED :thumbsup:

will be able to watch this calamity team more often when BBC ALBA is on freeview whenever that will be,also highlights fornus seeing as its on that channel all the time.

maroonlegions

Oh my fecking sides, the truth is hurting big time over on feefall.net.

"Aye OK.

Get real here guys, we lost ?2m last season if we take away transfer fee income. This year we have lower attendance :lol: , bottom 6 football, :lol: no incoming transfer fees :lol: , compensation to Hughes/Rice and Newcastle/Ross County, CIS first round defeat :lol: and East stand to pay for". :whistling:

"Calderwoods playing budget will be cut and not increased".

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?200145-Match-Updates-Hibs-1-V-Aberdeen-2/page5

turned over to the Alba coverage at the end just to hear the booing

wasnt disappointed :whistling:

Obviously isnt a gaelic word for Booooooooooooooooo :rolleyes:

There is something clearly rotten in the state of the Hibees.

Not sure if it is with their board, or else the completely unrealistic expectations of their support (just like watching Brazil...), or the culture amongst their players, but they seem to be mince whatever manager they have.

Look at Mixu, down at Kilmarnock, playing good stuff and getting results with a fraction of the Hibs budget for players. Admittedly squairheid was a bit mince, but even Yogi did ok at Falkirk, albeit staying too long.

Anything happens to Riordan and how relegated are they?

Poor, poor Hibs.....

This does make me a little nervous for the derby, but will enjoy laughing myself half to death in the meantime.

boyfriend is a hibs fan but his whole family apart from one uncle are hearts fans...he is now claiming to be a spartans fan and not that interested in football...aye that's why this season he's been attending hearts games, wearing my spare hearts top and has now purchased himself a scarf and says his next purchase is a top...CONVERTED :thumbsup:

Some conversion. No Hibs fan would ever do that.

Some conversion. No Hibs fan would ever do that.

Indeed.

Never trust a man who changes his football team!

If he's as loyal to his bird as he is to his teams, tyniejambo better watch her back.

:santa1:

Archived