Gary Glen

The Merse

Hearts of Vladland

Just out of interest, how many of those were starts?

Jamie Mole

27 Starts 15 from the bench

Gary Glen

19 Starts 18 from the bench

The Old Tolbooth

Personally, I'd get rid of Glen, Mole, Witteveen, and Clum, and bring in 2 more forwards who can actually play a bit! (if available)

It's called getting rid of the deadwood!

Mole got the majority of his starts playing alongside Pinilla, Bednar and Jankausis. Glen has mainly played with Nade and Obua (under the coaching of Laszlo :verymad: ). I'm pretty confident that playing alongside Kevin Kyle would show that Gary Glen can score goals for HMFC. I certainly haven't written him off.

I've saw Glen miss more than his fair share of sitters.

Libertonian_II

GG's not good enough. The fact that C Elliot is preferred as next choice to S Elliott says it all.

I can't see his contract being renewed

Mole got the majority of his starts playing alongside Pinilla, Bednar and Jankausis. Glen has mainly played with Nade and Obua (under the coaching of Laszlo :verymad: ). I'm pretty confident that playing alongside Kevin Kyle would show that Gary Glen can score goals for HMFC. I certainly haven't written him off.

I'm not sure that Mole played many games with either Bednar or Jankauskis. He certainly couldnt have played many with Pinilla thats for sure.

I possibly agree that he should get one more chance. Playing in a better team might well help him a bit. But he was around when we had really poor options up front and he didnt shine through at all when he should have been grabbing that chance with both hands. It says it all, in fact, that Nade was far and away a better option than Glen. If a player, Glen in this case, needs another player, Kyle in this case, before he can perform then thats a huge black mark against him for a start.

He's way down the pecking order having had plenty chances IMO. Elliot is ahead of him for the next chance when someone drops out, and Robinson and Smith are both better long term options IMO so you cant really see Glen getting much of a chance unless Kyle and Elliott drop out at the same time.

Why is he not getting a game ? Simply because he isnt good enough and hasnt been good enough over a few years now, to justify it, even when we've been woefully short of options. The big thing going against him, and many others IMO, is the lack of a reserve league. Thats where players used to generate their chances from and the lack of it is seriously damaging for players like Glen. I still dont think he's good enough but he hasnt been helped by this and the result might well be that we get rid of a player that we werent entirely sure about because his opportunities to get into the first team were strictly limited. ( as well as the fact that he didnt really impress when he DID get a chance)

Teams such as Dungdee will be looking for a forward during January - if driving is still an issue - the trains run hourly....sorted.

Cant honestly see GG making the first 16 this season.

Not true

Mole 43 appearances - 4 goals

Glen 39 appearances - 5 goals

About the same chances and certainly sufficient chances to prove that neither are good enough for Hearts.

End of.

Isn't Glen a couple of years younger too? I'm not "writing him off", but that would suggest he's actually had MORE opportunities than Mole.

I'm not sure that Mole played many games with either Bednar or Jankauskis. He certainly couldnt have played many with Pinilla thats for sure.

I possibly agree that he should get one more chance. Playing in a better team might well help him a bit. But he was around when we had really poor options up front and he didnt shine through at all when he should have been grabbing that chance with both hands. It says it all, in fact, that Nade was far and away a better option than Glen. If a player, Glen in this case, needs another player, Kyle in this case, before he can perform then thats a huge black mark against him for a start.

He's way down the pecking order having had plenty chances IMO. Elliot is ahead of him for the next chance when someone drops out, and Robinson and Smith are both better long term options IMO so you cant really see Glen getting much of a chance unless Kyle and Elliott drop out at the same time.

Why is he not getting a game ? Simply because he isnt good enough and hasnt been good enough over a few years now, to justify it, even when we've been woefully short of options. The big thing going against him, and many others IMO, is the lack of a reserve league. Thats where players used to generate their chances from and the lack of it is seriously damaging for players like Glen. I still dont think he's good enough but he hasnt been helped by this and the result might well be that we get rid of a player that we werent entirely sure about because his opportunities to get into the first team were strictly limited. ( as well as the fact that he didnt really impress when he DID get a chance)

Personally, I don't know if Glen is going to make it or not.

But I still do not think he has had a fair crack of the whip. You say Nade was ahead of him in the pecking order. And he was, because Csaba stuck to his one up front his entire time at Hearts. Glen certainly can't play the lone striker role.

I still think he has something different to offer us, and going by the Scotsman article that GA posted, and so does JJ.

Jamie Mole

27 Starts 15 from the bench

Gary Glen

19 Starts 18 from the bench

Cheers.

Not sure if it is measurable, but I wonder how many of those five were scored in substitution appearances.

I wonder what Kyle/Elliott's starts to goals ratio is? My guess for Elliott is two goals for eight starts.

Must be hard watching from the side when you are 4th in the pecking order. Double tough when you know Smith is getting rave reviews and knocking them in on loan.

I duuno what the answer is but he is not developing being an unused sub every week - a trip on loan might be the answer.

paterson.png

Did he not refuse to go out on loan and chose instead to return to training with the kids? Or was that Scott Robinson? Either way I'm not convinced it was a good decision. If players are offered loans they should take them. If kids at Man Utd will do it then so should ours - even if the loan is to Ross County or Peterhead.

Johanes de Silentio

Isn't Glen a couple of years younger too? I'm not "writing him off", but that would suggest he's actually had MORE opportunities than Mole.

So, Glen has played fewer games than Mole, yet he's had more opportunities?

I see. :blink:

The above represent the only comments that really count. Forutnately we now have a manager that recognises talent.

Actually we have a manager who sees him as second cover (behind Elliot) for the first choices and might put him out on loan. Thats what the article says to me and thats the reality of Glen's position, 4th choice striker.

Archived