Gary Glen

The Merse

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Could people stop writing him off please.

Ta muchly.

I will if he ever actually does something.

ToadKiller Dog

He will struggle to ever prove himself if the two Elliot(t)s remain fit and no reserve football .

I like Glen but as yet has failed to shine when given the chance .I think he is at the age when he needs more regular

football not sure if he will get that with us just now .

Gordon Smith may come back from stirling Slightly ahead of him also ,doing well down there by accounts .

Well he should put the ball into the net more , thats his job

It isn't easy to score when hasn't made a single appearance this season.

Johanes de Silentio

I haven't written him off - apparently looking sharp in training - he'll have to wait for a chance...then take it! :thumbsup:

Must be hard watching from the side when you are 4th in the pecking order. Double tough when you know Smith is getting rave reviews and knocking them in on loan.

I duuno what the answer is but he is not developing being an unused sub every week - a trip on loan might be the answer.

paterson.png

Could people stop writing him off please.

Ta muchly.

What's this ta muchly pish all about?

Noticed it appearing on Kickback lately :down:

He will struggle to ever prove himself if the two Elliot(t)s remain fit and no reserve football .

I like Glen but as yet has failed to shine when given the chance .I think he is at the age when he needs more regular

football not sure if he will get that with us just now .

Gordon Smith may come back from stirling Slightly ahead of him also ,doing well down there by accounts .

He's never been given a chance in a team that was playing well though.

ToadKiller Dog

He's never been given a chance in a team that was playing well though.

Was given a wee run by JJ last season , Dont think anybody wants to see him fail ,but it this moment its hard to see him get a real chance . As we are ahead in games more often subs are more likely to be defence minded .

A trip on loan is the answer but if Kyle and an Elliot take a knock then he's needed here

That's the problem.

I have a hunch Hearts will try to bring in a forward in Jan.

Was given a wee run by JJ last season , Dont think anybody wants to see him fail ,but it this moment its hard to see him get a real chance . As we are ahead in games more often subs are more likely to be defence minded .

He was, but the team was still playing utterly shit at that time.

I just see alot of posts saying we should be punting him and comparing him with Jamie Mole and I think that's a tad unfair. Not had anywhere near the opportunities that Mole has had.

He's scored a few in closed door matches and to be honest would like to see him come on for 2 T's and at least give himself a chance to prove himself

Couple of people have hit it on the head. No one here wants to see him fail. But for some reason, I presume because he scored against Hibs, he is exempt from criticism to some Hearts fans. He gets lauded by some when he doesnt really deserve it yet. There would be absolutely no justification in bringing him on ahead of Calum right now who was unlucky to lose his place in the first instance. I don't see any lay off Darren Barr, or give Jason thomson a break threads. Glen gets special treatment from some for some reason and im guessing that contributed to his reported bad attitude in the past.

Couple of people have hit it on the head. No one here wants to see him fail. But for some reason, I presume because he scored against Hibs, he is exempt from criticism to some Hearts fans. He gets lauded by some when he doesnt really deserve it yet. There would be absolutely no justification in bringing him on ahead of Calum right now who was unlucky to lose his place in the first instance. I don't see any lay off Darren Barr, or give Jason thomson a break threads. Glen gets special treatment from some for some reason and im guessing that contributed to his reported bad attitude in the past.

The 'bad attitude' was slavers from Laszlo, the worst manager we have had since Tommy McLean.

I think that Glen is a good player in the making. Would be happy to see him getting some chances in the team - I think he would score goals with the likes of Kyle, Templeton and Skacel making chances. The games last year saw him playing off the likes of Obua and Nade. No wonder he didn't score many.

Jambof3tornado

The 'bad attitude' was slavers from Laszlo, the worst manager we have had since Tommy McLean.

I think that Glen is a good player in the making. Would be happy to see him getting some chances in the team - I think he would score goals with the likes of Kyle, Templeton and Skacel making chances. The games last year saw him playing off the likes of Obua and Nade. No wonder he didn't score many.

Csaba wasn't the only person to mention Gary's attitude.

He is similar to 'sleeves' so may get a chance to play beside Kyle if injuries crop up. Kyle would without doubt bring out the best in any of our young strikers!

Csaba wasn't the only person to mention Gary's attitude.

He is similar to 'sleeves' so may get a chance to play beside Kyle if injuries crop up. Kyle would without doubt bring out the best in any of our young strikers!

Who else?

Supported by a link, thank-you-please. :)

Would have liked to have seen him get 20 mins here or there.He has been sat on the bench for weeks and never been brought on.

Perfect example was against Aberdeen were 4 up and Elliot comes on.Why not give Glen a run out.Best all round if we could get him out on loan until the end of the season.

Who else?

I spoke to his schoolteacher from 4th year at a party last new year.

She said he is an arrogant ****** & doesn't like to take anyones advice.

That was then. This is now. Maybe he's a changed man.

My opinion is that we should get him to ****. He'll never get a game.

Do you have a link to that conversation?

biggrin.gif

jamboinglasgow

I agree with the OP. The problem for him is being the fourth choice striker. Ideally he would go out on loan at a time like this but he is in a difficult position, if an injury to one of the first three and he will be the sub that comes on. If he goes on loan he may miss that chance.

Gordon Smith is away all season so at least Gary knows he has until next season. I am certain that Gary is champing at the bit to get on, hopefully he gets a few chances and takes it.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Perfect example was against Aberdeen were 4 up and Elliot comes on.Why not give Glen a run out.Best all round if we could get him out on loan until the end of the season.

Maybe JJ thinks he's not up to much, either. He's been on the bench a number of times and only seems to be making up numbers. Ta ta GG.

Well, if we are talking about stuff like that, the missus spoke to him when his dad was in her ward. Apparently, a very nice quiet young boy.

All is going well up front, the whole formation is working and Kyle/Elliott are deserving their position. They will go off the boil, they will get suspended or injured. It would be bonkers to get rid of the lad unless we are buying replacements. Oh, and by the way, any closed doors game, the lad has been scoring for us. These games have had smatterings of first team players and fringe players but it has been Glen putting them away.

I reckon the lad has something and I reckon he will get a chance. I also reckon (note, all opinion) that Jefferies rates the lad, otherwise, why would he be a weekly subby?

Maybe JJ thinks he's not up to much, either. He's been on the bench a number of times and only seems to be making up numbers. Ta ta GG.

If a player makes it onto the bench he is not just making up numbers, he has to be doing something right.

Well, if we are talking about stuff like that, the missus spoke to him when his dad was in her ward. Apparently, a very nice quiet young boy.

Well, by the same token, my uncle was out walking his dog & GG walked by. Ended up talking to him. Completely ignored the dog. Never even gave it a stroke.

Rudolf's Mate

End of the day the boy jas something. Wether it's good enough remains to be seen however from what I saw in the games he did play I personally thought we had something for the future. I also think it would be completely rediculous to let him go.

Well, by the same token, my uncle was out walking his dog & GG walked by. Ended up talking to him. Completely ignored the dog. Never even gave it a stroke.

So, to summarise, he is a good guy but isn't into dogs. :thumbsup:

Decent youngster who has lost his way. If anyone can bring the best out of him. it'll be JJ. If he can't, he'll be away. Pretty simple.

Don't think I've met any Jambo actively wanting him to fail - maybe just being realistic that his time at the club may be running out.

Work hard. Train hard. score goals in training. Then you will get your chance.

He's obviously not doing these things.

So, to summarise, he is a good guy but isn't into dogs. :thumbsup:

...or he just isn't into publicly stroking himself in front of strangers and their dogs :smiliz23:

alwaysthereinspirit

Well he should put the ball into the net more , thats his job

Agreed. His goals scored in games played this season is terrible. :whistling:

I might be wrong but I think he turned down a move to a SPL side in Aug as he couldn't drive and thus it was not practical to commute etc....

Feel free to write him off, but you will just show yourself off aas an ignoramus.

But that's your choice.

Enjoy.

Jambof3tornado

Who else?

An ex Hearts player was conversing with someone at a reserve game a while ago at forthbank,and I happened to be ear wigging!

If there was a problem I am sure jj can deal with it.

An ex Hearts player was conversing with someone at a reserve game a while ago at forthbank,and I happened to be ear wigging!

If there was a problem I am sure jj can deal with it.

:thumbsup:

As for the ex player, let's not suggest that EVERY footballer is bestest mates. There isn't a workplace in the land where everybody gets on. I mean, JF3T, I am sure you are a great guy but there must be one dude at your work that doesn't like you. :)

Randle P McMurphy

all set up for GG to make a sub appearance against the vermin and score. he does have something and when he gets the chance to play alongside big kyle he will prove it.

as for some on here wanting him to fail, thats a given

Toxteth O'Grady

I might be wrong but I think he turned down a move to a SPL side in Aug as he couldn't drive and thus it was not practical to commute etc....

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if Clum ever learned to drive? I seem to remember he failed his test a good few times.

He doesn't seem pacy, strong, good in the air, a great finisher or an instinctive striker.

I don't think he's as good as Calum at the moment so I doubt he'll get many chances to prove himself.

I hope things work out for him but I've not seen much to suggest that he'll be a player for Hearts.

I just see alot of posts saying we should be punting him and comparing him with Jamie Mole and I think that's a tad unfair. Not had anywhere near the opportunities that Mole has had.

Not true

Mole 43 appearances - 4 goals

Glen 39 appearances - 5 goals

About the same chances and certainly sufficient chances to prove that neither are good enough for Hearts.

End of.

Not true

About the same chances and certainly sufficient chances to prove that neither are good enough for Hearts.

End of.

Mole got the majority of his starts playing alongside Pinilla, Bednar and Jankausis. Glen has mainly played with Nade and Obua (under the coaching of Laszlo :verymad: ). I'm pretty confident that playing alongside Kevin Kyle would show that Gary Glen can score goals for HMFC. I certainly haven't written him off.

Not true

End of.

Just out of interest, how many of those were starts?

Archived