How Can Hearts Get Dumitru Copil Back ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Ryan Gosling
^Doesn?t say much for the coaching IMO since we seem to lose more games than we win!!!!!!!

You mean the first team or the U19s?

Season 2001/2 2002/3 2003/4 2004/5 2005/6 2006/7 2007/8

Position 3rd 4th 3rd 3rd 5th 6th 5th*

Arrears -6 -18 -6 -3 -20 -17 -7*

Winners Rangers Celtic Celtic Celtic Celtic Rangers Rangers*

Hobos +17 +16 +24 +19 +8 -7 0*

From this table we can see the trend had been entirely in the wrong direction. In the Levein years we were fairly consistently pressing the OF at this level. Since VR took over we have fallen further behind despite the wunderkids and the high level investment in youth. Something's not right.

* We're level with the Hobos this season but both Rangers and them have 3 games in hand so our position is far worse than it looks.

Charlie-Brown
Indeed. 5th after spending more money than most others, perhaps even the OF at this level... Very worrying IMHO.

The money spent / invested in youth development spans kids from age 10 to 19 at the Academy - the U19's are the oldest age group and the closest to the reserves & first team but there are several other teams at the various age intervals - the number of kids making Scotland and other international squads would suggest we are doing better than most other SPL clubs with the exception of Rangers but it looks like both Murray Park & Riccarton are starting to have an effect.

The key now is to progress these kids into the first team squad and create effective 1st team players but the raw talent is there in my opinion.

joshmorris1874

Theres better scottish talent in thew 19's than him, he is very under rated, couldn't care if he goes.

The money spent / invested in youth development spans kids from age 10 to 19 at the Academy - the U19's are the oldest age group and the closest to the reserves & first team but there are several other teams at the various age intervals - the number of kids making Scotland and other international squads would suggest we are doing better than most other SPL clubs with the exception of Rangers but it looks like both Murray Park & Riccarton are starting to have an effect.

The key now is to progress these kids into the first team squad and create effective 1st team players but the raw talent is there in my opinion.

If we cannot do this last bit then all the money is wasted...Hibs can do it (and they didn?t have an academy until this year), why can?t we?

Jambo Hud316

If he doesnt want to be here, the little ***** can ram it as far as I'm concerned

as one of the previous posts said...most of us on here would play for nothing for our club and put in a hell of a lot more effort than the charlatans currently passing themselves off as pro footballers at Hearts

Charlie-Brown
If we cannot do this last bit then all the money is wasted...Hibs can do it (and they didn?t have an academy until this year), why can?t we?

With regards to Murray, Riordan, O'Connor, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker they all got an opportunity at a very early age because Hibs Rod Petrie binned all their high earning players out of financial necessity and had little option but to progress their own youth - this was a great opportunity for these kids but we must remember Hibs suffered a couple of bottom 6 SPL finishes whilst these kids developed.

As they improved then so did Hibs league positions and although still young themselves they had plenty SPL experience when Hibs subsequent youngsters (the current ones) started coming through.....but the main reason is successive Hibs coaches have understood that their own youth is the foundation of their team and built around that.

Too often Hearts Managers have changed direction with regards to promoting from within - at our most successful under Alex MacDonald & Jim Jeffries the club had been struggling both on the pitch and money was tight as the owners didn't have tremendous wealth so we built upon our own kids with some shrewd signings but they key was our own kids got plenty time & opportunity to develop.

At other times Jordan, McLean, Levein, Burley, Rix, Ivanauskas ..... have preferred to play with experienced bought in players - most of whom cost more than we could afford hence the massive debts .... anyway youth was given less priority.

I'd like to think starting with Frail our own youngsters & home produced players are being used to build the foundation of our team - I hope the next manager whoever that might be continues and build's on this and doesn't want yet another change direction.......

Some people want Vlad to appoint a manager and throw him a big chunk of money to build a team..... personallyI'd prefer the next guy to be someone who can improve our own players and build mostly from within.

If he doesn't want to be here, then let him go.

With him out the way we can concentrate on developing other players who can play at right midfield like Elias Wagner, Paul Mulrooney or Danny Thomson.

Agreed.

I don't agree with the GTF brigade, simply as I cannot get myself excited enough to be that angry. Young lad does not want to play for us? Let him go. I want players that are bursting to get the jersey on, players that want to improve and excel. I am perfectly happy with players coming here and saying they want to improve and take a step upwards, if they are that good we will benefit both financially and on the park.

He wants to go home? ta ta, I don't care.

Colonel Kurtz
I haven?t a clue how good or carp he is. However if he does prove to be a good player then how bad do we look? We?ve had Kostadinov and Copil both come to us highly rated and both seem to have flunked... One...I?ll give you but two seems unlikely...

Your calling him a carp and some other boy is calling him a *****.

Is this thread sponsored by Rick Stein

Gordon, Driver, Berra, Jonnson

Elliot, Mole

I'm not saying we can't improve in this area and I certainly would much rather see the prospects getting a spot in the squad ahead of dead wood but I wouldn't say we "cant" do it.

With regards to Murray, Riordan, O'Connor, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker they all got an opportunity at a very early age because Hibs Rod Petrie binned all their high earning players out of financial necessity and had little option but to progress their own youth - this was a great opportunity for these kids but we must remember Hibs suffered a couple of bottom 6 SPL finishes whilst these kids developed.

As they improved then so did Hibs league positions and although still young themselves they had plenty SPL experience when Hibs subsequent youngsters (the current ones) started coming through.....but the main reason is successive Hibs coaches have understood that their own youth is the foundation of their team and built around that.

Too often Hearts Managers have changed direction with regards to promoting from within - at our most successful under Alex MacDonald & Jim Jeffries the club had been struggling both on the pitch and money was tight as the owners didn't have tremendous wealth so we built upon our own kids with some shrewd signings but they key was our own kids got plenty time & opportunity to develop.

At other times Jordan, McLean, Levein, Burley, Rix, Ivanauskas ..... have preferred to play with experienced bought in players - most of whom cost more than we could afford hence the massive debts .... anyway youth was given less priority.

I'd like to think starting with Frail our own youngsters & home produced players are being used to build the foundation of our team - I hope the next manager whoever that might be continues and build's on this and doesn't want yet another change direction.......

Some people want Vlad to appoint a manager and throw him a big chunk of money to build a team..... personallyI'd prefer the next guy to be someone who can improve our own players and build mostly from within.

Well said, although there are have been a couple of decisions that have left fans scratching their heads with regards to young players getting a chance. The first of which was Karipidis being preferred to Ryan McGowan after Zaliukas dropped out - although you could justify that then and now. The other is preferring to bring on Beniusis ahead of Gary Glen for the match in Inverness when the game was over. Looks even more daft now that just 3 weeks down the line Big Benny is not even a Hearts player anymore.

Charlie-Brown
Well said, although there are have been a couple of decisions that have left fans scratching their heads with regards to young players getting a chance. The first of which was Karipidis being preferred to Ryan McGowan after Zaliukas dropped out - although you could justify that then and now. The other is preferring to bring on Beniusis ahead of Gary Glen for the match in Inverness when the game was over. Looks even more daft now that just 3 weeks down the line Big Benny is not even a Hearts player anymore.

Not defending either decision but it could be the case that Karipidis & Beniusis were on their last chance(s) to see if they could make an impact in the SPL whilst McGowan & Glen should have a long future ahead of them.

It looks to me as though in the main Frail has been able to choose his starting side.

But he has had to pander to Korobochka/VR/Malofeev by keeping the Kaunas players involved.

Every bench recently has been stocked heavily with the Kaunas players. And the decision to bring Beniusis on instead of Glen the other week was just one manifestation. Why have Ksnavicus and Chesney on the bench last week when both Miko and Driver started? Why has Ivaskevicius returned to the bench some weeks?

It looks to me as though in the main Frail has been able to choose his starting side.

But he has had to pander to Korobochka/VR/Malofeev by keeping the Kaunas players involved.

Every bench recently has been stocked heavily with the Kaunas players. And the decision to bring Beniusis on instead of Glen the other week was just one manifestation. Why have Ksnavicus and Chesney on the bench last week when both Miko and Driver started? Why has Ivaskevicius returned to the bench some weeks?

As far as i'm aware Iva always shows up well in the reserves and has put in a few decent shifts in the first team.

As far as i'm aware Iva always shows up well in the reserves and has put in a few decent shifts in the first team.

I have not seen him in the reserves. But I would suggest that is more likely to be his level than the SPL.

In the first team he has been an utter disgrace to the shirt. I have never seen a player with a lower workrate, game awareness and will to win. He has spent virtually all of every game hiding. He is my most hated Hearts player ever.

Archived