How Can Hearts Get Dumitru Copil Back ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Do Hearts have to kiss and make up to lure Copil back to Edinburgh ?

It seems the club have spent a lot of time , effort and money on this

kid's development with very little in return .

Maybe mistakes have been made on both parts , however lets not hold

grudges as life is too short never mind a football players career .

How or would you get Copil back at Hearts and can we really see what all

the fuss was about this player .

He must offer something special to the team as his potential being mentioned

in footballing circles is that he is a great prospect .

It is a major worry if Hearts can't keep players focused on the job in hand

although it must be very difficult for an young 18 year old from Romania

comming over to a new country .

Can he talk and write English ?

Colonel Kurtz

He must be the only Romanian who doesnt want to come to this country.

Feck him sign a Gurkha

It seems the club have spent a lot of time , effert and money on this

kid's development with very little in return .

Maybe mistakes have been made on both parts , however lets not hold

grudges as life is too short never mind a football players career .

How or would you get Copil back at Hearts and can we really see what all

the fuss was about this player .

He must offer something special to the team as his potential being mentioned

in footballing circles is that he is a great prospect .

It is a major worry if Hearts can't keep players focused on the job in hand

although it must be very difficult for a young 18 year old from Romania

comming over to a new country .

Can he talk and write English ?

Carefull now,remember the reaction from some about,Pressley,Webster,Rudi,Bednar,etc.

Charlie-Brown

There is little point trying to keep unhappy players or homesick youngsters - better to come to some kind of amicable or acceptable contract settlement.

Hearts youth development does not begin or end with any individual player - if Copil doesn't want to be a Hearts player then there are plenty of other kids who do - we should focus on them.

If he doesn't want to be here, then let him go.

With him out the way we can concentrate on developing other players who can play at right midfield like Elias Wagner, Paul Mulrooney or Danny Thomson.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Good.

Hopefully the other superstar will be next.

He has not been sold yet , his home town team cannot afford his boot-lace's

The club are trying to get him back

Get him TF.

Pathetic behaviour - we're better off without him.

Yeh that's right "we're better off without him"!!

Just like we were better off without Skacel, Hartley, Pressley, Webster, Bednar, etc!!

Let's totally demotivate all the guys with talent and get shot - far better off with the likes of a Robbie or a Clum! :rolleyes:

He has not been sold yet , his home town team cannot afford his boot-lace's

The club are trying to get him back

Maybe we should warn them not to ask him to clean them.

Ryan Gosling
Yeh that's right "we're better off without him"!!

Just like we were better off without Skacel, Hartley, Pressley, Webster, Bednar, etc!!

Let's totally demotivate all the guys with talent and get shot - far better off with the likes of a Robbie or a Clum! :rolleyes:

Have you ever seen him play?

Charlie-Brown
maybe we could kidnap his parents?

That made me laugh :) although i am not sure why.... black humour i guess....

It looks like we have done all we can for him. If he doesn't want to play for us then he should leave.

That's the point - he does want to play for Hearts however they won't give him a sniff of a 1st team place. What happened to the if you're good enough your old enough adage??

Still much bigger talent in Calum,:rolleyes: eh Stevie!!

Guest JamboRobbo
That's the point - he does want to play for Hearts however they won't give him a sniff of a 1st team place. What happened to the if you're good enough your old enough adage??

And why should he get a sniff?

The boy hasn't even done much for the under 19's.

If he was anywhere near ready for the first team, he'd be a stand out both at under 19's and reserves.

Ryan Gosling

But he's not good enough!! He has talent, sure, but he's not worthy of a place. Neither is Elliot but that's not the point here.

And he's been wanting to go home for about 8 months.

If he wanted to play for us so much then he would be willing to stick it out.

Have you ever seen him play?

Never had the chance - because Frail persevers with the likes of Elliot (now I have seen HIM play!:sad:).

The guy came here as a massive prospect and as Hearts are doing all possible to get him back I assume they still rate him.

My point is if the guy has talent, why not get him in the 1st team squad to keep him motivated.

Maybe watching dummies like Elliot getting a game ahead of him has had him decide enough is enough!:sad:

And why should he get a sniff?

The boy hasn't even done much for the under 19's.

If he was anywhere near ready for the first team, he'd be a stand out both at under 19's and reserves.

Well if that is the case what is all the fuss about? Why are Hearts chasing him to get him back?

Hearts signed him in a blaze of publicity - load of PR pish from Hearts then.

Charlie-Brown
Never had the chance - because Frail persevers with the likes of Elliot (now I have seen HIM play!:sad:).

The guy came here as a massive prospect and as Hearts are doing all possible to get him back I assume they still rate him.

My point is if the guy has talent, why not get him in the 1st team squad to keep him motivated.

Maybe watching dummies like Elliot getting a game ahead of him has had him decide enough is enough!:sad:

But - assuming you want the teams picked on merit - other kids in the U19's have been playing better than him, deserve their chance more and are in the U19 & Reserves & 1st team fringes ahead of him.

Guest JamboRobbo
Well if that is the case what is all the fuss about?

The stupid kids on here got all excited when he signed and hyped him up to high heaven. Just like another of the "wonderkids".

Ryan Gosling
Well if that is the case what is all the fuss about? Why are Hearts chasing him to get him back?

Hearts signed him in a blaze of publicity - load of PR pish from Hearts then.

No, Hearts signed him after a blaze of publicity when CELTIC were after him.

After we went in for him there was barely a mention. He was only the new Hagi when they wanted him.

But - assuming you want the teams picked on merit - other kids in the U19's have been playing better than him, deserve their chance more and are in the U19 & Reserves & 1st team fringes ahead of him.

But none of them good enough to replace Neilson or Elliot??? :sad:

CornhillHearts

Believe me lambo he is not worthy of the amount of space that has been given on here, and i have met him as well as seen him "play" a few times. Time for folk to move on.

Ryan Gosling

That's 4 different posts you've mentioned Elliot on.

Give it a rest - Copil is a midfielder, why would he displace Elliot who is (in the loosest sense of the word) a forward?

Dirk Diggler
No, Hearts signed him after a blaze of publicity when CELTIC were after him.

After we went in for him there was barely a mention. He was only the new Hagi when they wanted him.

'From poverty to Paradise'.

:boak:

Shock.

Why don't you get your erse along to a few under-19s games and then start having opinions on which youth players deserve to be in the team ahead of Elliot?

Then you might actually know what you are talking about.

That's 4 different posts you've mentioned Elliot on.

Give it a rest - Copil is a midfielder, why would he displace Elliot who is (in the loosest sense of the word) a forward?

Think you'll find that Frail has been playing Elliot in a semi-midfield role off the main striker recently.

Believe me lambo he is not worthy of the amount of space that has been given on here, and i have met him as well as seen him "play" a few times. Time for folk to move on.

Fair Do's!

Charlie-Brown
[/b]

But none of them good enough to replace Neilson or Elliot??? :sad:

Good enough....plenty players with ability and will likely become much better players than those two however players should only ever be put in the first team when they are ready / approaching ready & not before - there are physical, ability & psychological factors to consider when deciding the time is right - just because you are frustrated with Neilson & Elliot doesn't mean that we should rush a couple of kids through or put them in before time. It also doesn't mean there are no good players in the youth system.

But the best way to judge is to go and watch them & decide for yourself.

York Jambo 44

Plenty of young kids don't progress particularly living abroad, but the fact that this applies to Branny and Copil must be a worry. Hopefully somebody within the club is looking at the Youth set up and learning any lessons. I don't get the chance to get to games, but reading posts on JKB there seems to be plenty criticism of Coaches and Team selection and tactics.

Probably like a lot of people I have put up with a lot of p**** from the club/first team clinging on to the hope that ultimately we will get it right - Pinilla will get fit, Branny and Copil will become stars. Beginning to wonder if first team issues are indicative of the club as a whole????????

Why does it matter? If he were any good, he would have graduated to the first team squad by now. No point in throwing good money after bad.

Has he proved that he is good enough for the first team i have seen him play a couple of times and he has hardly looked ready for the u19s.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Has he proved that he is good enough for the first team i have seen him play a couple of times and he has hardly looked ready for the u19s.

Exactly if he can't get into the team now then what chance does he have next season and that goes for all the other 19s

blondejamtart

While I understand what people are saying, I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be one of those situations where Copil (and possibly Branny) leave Hearts and do go on to prove that the hype was justified, thereby leaving us with egg on our faces! I'm not saying they will......just that it could happen.

Blondie, football's littered with players who look great at a particular club but are then useless when they move on to another (or vice versa). Copil's maybe just not cut out for Hearts, or utter mince, or both.

Copil is supposed to be very talented but isn't delivering for the U19s & is unhappy at Tynecastle. His home town team apparently can't afford to buy him. As he's on a long contract why don't we lend him to them? Then, if he lives up to his early reputation he can either come back when a couple of years older or be sold by us to a bigger Romanian club.

Miller Jambo 60
Copil is supposed to be very talented but isn't delivering for the U19s & is unhappy at Tynecastle. His home town team apparently can't afford to buy him. As he's on a long contract why don't we lend him to them? Then, if he lives up to his early reputation he can either come back when a couple of years older or be sold by us to a bigger Romanian club.

Wish i could have had a chance with Hearts,would have played for nothing.

Send the wee spoilt one back to his rich country.

To earn his big Romanian wages.

My mate played against him and said he wasn't interested from start to finish. Barely got involved and was shoved off the ball without a fight.

This whole running back to Romania thing is pathetic. He's not a kid, he's an adult and he should start acting like one.

Nevermind some spotty overhyped little runaway, we can't even get our Owner or Chairman back.

While I understand what people are saying, I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be one of those situations where Copil (and possibly Branny) leave Hearts and do go on to prove that the hype was justified, thereby leaving us with egg on our faces! I'm not saying they will......just that it could happen.

It is more likely they'll both end up working as waiters, neither are good enough for our 19's and they are to lazy to learn or work.

I haven?t a clue how good or carp he is. However if he does prove to be a good player then how bad do we look? We?ve had Kostadinov and Copil both come to us highly rated and both seem to have flunked... One...I?ll give you but two seems unlikely...

Charlie-Brown
I haven?t a clue how good or carp he is. However if he does prove to be a good player then how bad do we look? We?ve had Kostadinov and Copil both come to us highly rated and both seem to have flunked... One...I?ll give you but two seems unlikely...

But much less heralded kids on the books are able to progress & play better within the same team / squad / coaching.........

But much less heralded kids on the books are able to progress & play better within the same team / squad / coaching.........

^Doesn?t say much for the coaching IMO since we seem to lose more games than we win!!!!!!!

Archived