Is it ok?

Dr. Bapswent

Guest S.U.S.S.

So are we all to start a thread stating if we are or are not renewing.

So many threads so little difference.

If you know you are definitely renewing, what difference does it make if you renew now or in May? at the end of day, you're still giving the money to Vlad and I don't think he will think twice about how many have been sold until after the deadline.

Nice way of avoiding the question..... still no sign of ANY reason / advantage in renewing now rather than May....

PresidentRomanov
Nobody's saying anything about "not watching" the team, if buying a ticket week on week !

I really hope we take off big style next season, and look forward to all you "fans" squealing because you can't get a ticket :)

I disagree.

makween is young, erudite and very very witty.

Dr Bapswent is none of the above. He's a makween-wannabe! :pray:

Do you fancy Makween by any chance?

The People's Chimp
.....If i support my team by buying a season ticket as I am prepared to support them through both good and bad times and do not want to cut off my nose to spite my face by stopping myself from watching the team I have grown up supporting.

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

How dare you. Always suspected you WERE NOT A REAL FAN.

And this is confirmed by your hobo on a wind up mission act of having a photo of the now bitterly departed copil as your avatar.

I really hope we take off big style next season, and look forward to all you "fans" squealing because you can't get a ticket :)

All the signs are certainly pointing that way.

All aboard, now...

Dr. Bapswent
How dare you. Always suspected you WERE NOT A REAL FAN.

And this is confirmed by your hobo on a wind up mission act of having a photo of the now bitterly departed copil as your avatar.

Class. ;)

Oh dear,I'll put this down to being young and stupid.

Can't get a ticket,hmm,Listen young pup never ever have I know anyone in all my time following Hearts not getting a ticket for ANY Hearts game if they really wanted one,so whats changed now,now that on the football front we are in the biggest mess outside of Gretna.

Next season, I like my mates will pick and choose what games(if any)we want to attend and if ,and it is a huge if we do "take off,big style" then very good but we have taken off "big style" before and still not had full houses,not that long ago but longer back than you can remember by the sounds of things.

So by all means throw your (or mummy and daddy's) money at Hearts FC I won't because I support Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

So do i.

I'm starved of success.

Pfft. Glory hunter.

:P

30 years of glory (minus the last two years obviously!)

I've grown accustomed to open top bus parades. :confused:

30 years of glory (minus the last two years obviously!)

I've grown accustomed to open top bus parades. :confused:

I'm sick to the back teeth of open top bus parades. Pfft. They're so 2 seasons ago.

Anyhoo, on the subject of season ticket retention...Dr B, you've got the right idea. It's frightening how many people are claiming that they'll refuse to buy simply because they want to make a point of some description. It's ill-considered and possibly even quite dangerous. I get the frustration, it's horrible sitting and reading all of this so called 'news' about our debt situation, not to mention the discomfort of watching the actual team. But why assume that NOT buying an ST will hurt anything other than Hearts itself? We know absolutely feck all about what's happening behind the scenes, where the money comes from (or where it goes!) or even how much financial difficulty we might or might not be in. But still, people think its a great plan to just not bother handing the club money that it has probably factored into any financial projections for the coming year.

What if we are in trouble? What if this forces Vlad/UBIG's hand into reassessing the situation and coming to the conclusion that Hearts might not be as worthwhile as they thought. We don't spend and the value of Hearts as a business goes down - not just for Vlad, but also for anyone else who happens to be watching the situation with interest. What if this chucks a total spanner in the works and something awful happens?

I don't see the point of any of this. What exactly is it supposed to achieve? I don't see what good it can do at all, but I can certainly imagine what sort of harm it might cause. I'm not willing to take a risk like that simply because Vlad and his ways are making me increasingly fed up and my views aren't getting the attention they deserve.

That isn't even the main reason why I'll be renewing. I'll be doing it because I want to be there to support the team, in my own seat, doing the one thing that fans are expected to do. I'm upholding my side of the bargain. For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. It's not conditional.

Coburg Hearts
I'm sick to the back teeth of open top bus parades. Pfft. They're so 2 seasons ago.

Anyhoo, on the subject of season ticket retention...Dr B, you've got the right idea. It's frightening how many people are claiming that they'll refuse to buy simply because they want to make a point of some description. It's ill-considered and possibly even quite dangerous. I get the frustration, it's horrible sitting and reading all of this so called 'news' about our debt situation, not to mention the discomfort of watching the actual team. But why assume that NOT buying an ST will hurt anything other than Hearts itself? We know absolutely feck all about what's happening behind the scenes, where the money comes from (or where it goes!) or even how much financial difficulty we might or might not be in. But still, people think its a great plan to just not bother handing the club money that it has probably factored into any financial projections for the coming year.

What if we are in trouble? What if this forces Vlad/UBIG's hand into reassessing the situation and coming to the conclusion that Hearts might not be as worthwhile as they thought. We don't spend and the value of Hearts as a business goes down - not just for Vlad, but also for anyone else who happens to be watching the situation with interest. What if this chucks a total spanner in the works and something awful happens?

I don't see the point of any of this. What exactly is it supposed to achieve? I don't see what good it can do at all, but I can certainly imagine what sort of harm it might cause. I'm not willing to take a risk like that simply because Vlad and his ways are making me increasingly fed up and my views aren't getting the attention they deserve.

That isn't even the main reason why I'll be renewing. I'll be doing it because I want to be there to support the team, in my own seat, doing the one thing that fans are expected to do. I'm upholding my side of the bargain. For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. It's not conditional.

It's posts like this that make it worthwhile coming on kickback, though they are becoming rarer and rarer.

We seem to have more financial experts amongst hat-kickers than even what hobo.net possess.

This has to be the most depressing place in the cyber world, bar none.

CH

Dr. Bapswent
It's posts like this that make it worthwhile coming on kickback, though they are becoming rarer and rarer.

We seem to have more financial experts amongst hat-kickers than even what hobo.net possess.

This has to be the most depressing place in the cyber world, bar none.

CH

Its the simple, common sense, dont panic approach that gets me everytime.

:food-smiley-004:

To be fair, if we are in so much trouble that a delay in renewing, or complete non-renewal of, a few thousand tickets causes such carnage there is a strong argument to say:

1. It is probably better that things crystalise sooner rather than later.

2. The club should be more open about this and say it really needs the fans support at this difficult time.

We keep on getting told officially the debt is nothing to worry about and Vlad keeps patting his erse.

So, you make a good theoretical point, but it isnt relevant on the basis of what we have been told.

If things ARE different and are in line with your theory then we have been scandalously lied to and Vlad should be held accountable.

Charlie-Brown
I'm renewing my ticket because Jesus told me to.

RedNeck.PNG

Buffalo Bill

I am not going to get into an argument about jesus or god or religion or whether you are simply hearing voices in your head BB :) or even an argument about when or if to renew season tickets...... but I do admire your new visual art style of posting you've adopted on JKB. Well done! :beer:

Oh dear,I'll put this down to being young and stupid.

Can't get a ticket,hmm,Listen young pup never ever have I know anyone in all my time following Hearts not getting a ticket for ANY Hearts game if they really wanted one,so whats changed now,now that on the football front we are in the biggest mess outside of Gretna.

I couldn't get a ticket for the Bordeaux game. My brother said he was sorting them out but ended up only getting his one and by the time I found out it was too late. Several years later my brother was willing to fly up from London if only I could find a ticket for the game against Aberdeen where we clinched 2nd place. My dad only got tickets for the 1996 final because he was prepared to sit in the Rangers end.

But away from specific examples

Given how many sell outs there have been in recent years there simply must have been people who wanted to go but couldn't. The alternative hypothesis (that the number of people that wanted tickets exactly matched supply supply) is implausible.

Unless by "Really wanted" you mean something along the lines of 'wanted it enough to move faster/make more effort/pay more on ebay than the people who failed to get the tickets' which is an interpretation that would sound reasonable in isolationbut would make the logic of your statement circular to the point of meaningless.

And while obviously competition for tickets is not going to be fierce if things don't pick up on the pitch PickyBum was explicitally discussing a scenario where that had happened.

You clearly don't have to be young to be foolish

Mate - I would **** love it, if that happened.

Cos Hearts would be on the right path again.

And if I can't get a ticket because of that, it is a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

There is perverse logic to that.

To be fair, if we are in so much trouble that a delay in renewing, or complete non-renewal of, a few thousand tickets causes such carnage there is a strong argument to say:

1. It is probably better that things crystalise sooner rather than later.

2. The club should be more open about this and say it really needs the fans support at this difficult time.

We keep on getting told officially the debt is nothing to worry about and Vlad keeps patting his erse.

what we have been told.[/b]

If things ARE different and are in line with your theory then we have been scandalously lied to and Vlad should be held accountable.

Any points made about this stuff can ONLY be theoretical because we don't actually have a scoobie what the real story is. That's the problem! Therefore it's as relevant a theory as anything else, because what we've been told is absolutely nothing...

Unless of course you mean the things we've been told by the press? I'm not willing to screw with the financial safety of the club based on what a load of arsey journalists have to say when the likelihood is that they know even less than we do.

I don't know what the potential dangers are but I can imagine anything and everything from loss of sponsorship to loss of investment and much more in between. It's not all about the Fans v. Vladimir, it's also about whether or not you're willing to devalue the club in order to make your point.

Any points made about this stuff can ONLY be theoretical because we don't actually have a scoobie what the real story is. That's the problem! Therefore it's as relevant a theory as anything else, because what we've been told is absolutely nothing...

Unless of course you mean the things we've been told by the press? I'm not willing to screw with the financial safety of the club based on what a load of arsey journalists have to say when the likelihood is that they know even less than we do.

I don't know what the potential dangers are but I can imagine anything and everything from loss of sponsorship to loss of investment and much more in between. It's not all about the Fans v. Vladimir, it's also about whether or not you're willing to devalue the club in order to make your point.

What we've been told by Vlad

Glib comments that we have seen in interviews with him tapping his erse

Our regime has told us not to worry so its pointless theorising about the worry that not selling season tickets will put us in the crap.

What you said is a sensible statement in theory.

My point is that if any club risks going into meltdown because of slow season ticket sales then they really are in the doo doo. If Hearts are in that situation it is better that things crystalise

Why?

We'll have the diagnosis so we can then apply the cure.

If Vlad has let us get in to that state he really he is not the person that will get us out of it.

If a peshy wee club like Gretna isnt allowed to go to the wall. Hearts definitely wont.

It's really not all that difficult.

Presumably people attend the football because the have an interest in the game and want to spend every second Saturday or so watching a football match.

Presumably, some people choose to do that at Tynecastle because they support Hearts.

Surely that is the end of the arguement? You either want to watch a football match or you don't and if your team is Hearts then Tynecastle is where you will do it with or without a season ticket.

I get the imrpession that people look far to deeply into this. Whatever is going on in the background should not influence your decision. Okay, we could have a poor season again and not be watching great football but you run that risk with any team (notwithstanding the OF).

I'll renew because I want to watch a footie match. I hope we'll have a manager, a good team on the park and a successful season, however, as long as I hold an interest in football, I'll do my viewing and ticket purchasing at Tynie.

What we've been told by Vlad

Glib comments that we have seen in interviews with him tapping his erse

Our regime has told us not to worry so its pointless theorising about the worry that not selling season tickets will put us in the crap.

What you said is a sensible statement in theory.

My point is that if any club risks going into meltdown because of slow season ticket sales then they really are in the doo doo. If Hearts are in that situation it is better that things crystalise

Why?

We'll have the diagnosis so we can then apply the cure.

If Vlad has let us get in to that state he really he is not the person that will get us out of it.

If a peshy wee club like Gretna isnt allowed to go to the wall. Hearts definitely wont.

But don't you think the SPL is only supporting Gretna until the end of the season to avoid a huge rumpus and having to make some sort of decision about their games and points if they do go bust during the season?

I think they are just helping them limp over the line, then they will drop them like a stone.

The SPL and associated knuckle draggers and apologists would LOVE us to go to the wall, even allowing for the financial implications.

But don't you think the SPL is only supporting Gretna until the end of the season to avoid a huge rumpus and having to make some sort of decision about their games and points if they do go bust during the season?

I think they are just helping them limp over the line, then they will drop them like a stone.

I personally am not scared of the consequences of Vlad fecking off

He rules by fear, yet he himself is a coward. A typical bully.

I'd rather be without him than be raped by him season in season out.

The SPL and associated knuckle draggers and apologists would LOVE us to go to the wall, even allowing for the financial implications.

Totally disagree

The 3rd best supported club in Scotland going to the wall would be disasterous for the SPL.

They might do anything to stop us winning the league but they wouldnt open the trapdoor on us.

Totally disagree

The 3rd best supported club in Scotland going to the wall would be disasterous for the SPL.

They might do anything to stop us winning the league but they wouldnt open the trapdoor on us.

I know it would be a disaster for them and I'm not seriously saying they would want it but, let's face it, there are many who wouldn't shed much of a tear.

I know it would be a disaster for them and I'm not seriously saying they would want it but, let's face it, there are many who wouldn't shed much of a tear.

Well, when it came to the crunch Hearts fans even tried to ensure that Hibs stayed alive.

I know what you mean - it just wont happen.

We'd have a brighter future without Vlad than with him. Of that I am certain

Buffalo Bill

To buy or not to buy?

Why don't we meet in the Tynecastle car park on Saturday and sort this out once and for all as real men. You know, like the Sharks and the Jets.

WestSideStory-719190.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts
To buy or not to buy?

Why don't we meet in the Tynecastle car park on Saturday and sort this out once and for all as real men. You know, like the Sharks and the Jets.

WestSideStory-719190.jpg

Buffalo Bill

index.php?t=getfile&id=5299

I'm on her side then.

he doesn't look as good as you in your Norn Iron shirt.

That's understandable.

I'm the good looking one of the group.

.....If i support my team by buying a season ticket as I am prepared to support them through both good and bad times and do not want to cut off my nose to spite my face by stopping myself from watching the team I have grown up supporting.

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

Look at me!

I'm being really clever by including sarcasm in my post!

Dr. Bapswent
Look at me!

I'm being really clever by including sarcasm in my post!

Sooooo last season.

Archived