Is it ok?

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

.....If i support my team by buying a season ticket as I am prepared to support them through both good and bad times and do not want to cut off my nose to spite my face by stopping myself from watching the team I have grown up supporting.

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

Pete Seeger
.....If i support my team by buying a season ticket as I am prepared to support them through both good and bad times and do not want to cut off my nose to spite my face by stopping myself from watching the team I have grown up supporting.

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

It's fine by me. I'll be doing the same

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

Stop the bus!

can you not atleast wait till the last minute?

or you happy to buy your ticket now for a small discount regardless of who will be in charge come the summer?

Is this in support of your bank ballance or your love for hearts?

ask these questions before commiting.

Guest casper
It's fine by me. I'll be doing the same

It's totally fine by me too, although I won't be doing the same - unless a proper manager is appointed first.

Of course it's ok.

Is it ok for me to decide to support my team by going along each week and buying a ticket rather than investing ?400 of my money up front as a reflection of the lack of real investment Romanov has made in the team, in the process sending out a clear message, the only way it seems I can, that I am unhappy with the way the club is being run.

Thought so, it's my choice, both as a supporter and a customer.

Hairy faced knut.

Drylaw Hearts

What's the point of this thread ?

We've already got numerous ST threads.

What's the use of this one ?

Dr. Bapswent
Stop the bus!

or you happy to buy your ticket now for a small discount regardless of who will be in charge come the summer?

If it was for the sake of my bank balance, why would I renew my ticket at all?

Why would I pay hundereds of pounds to follow a team if the cost was most important to me?

I have not said whether I will wait till the last minute or not, this is less important to me, but I will be renewing. Regardless.

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

You are entitled to do as you please, as are we all.

I may not agree with your actions but it is not for me or anyone else to say how or why you spend your money.:)

For what it is worth IMHO probably the best way to effect change and influence how the club is run and what we would like to see from our present owner is to hit him in the pocket as it appears that all other avenues that have been tried to date have failed.:sad:

Of course it's ok.

Is it ok for me to decide to support my team by going along each week and buying a ticket rather than investing ?400 of my money up front as a reflection of the lack of real investment Romanov has made in the team, in the process sending out a clear message, the only way it seems I can, that I am unhappy with the way the club is being run.

Thought so, it's my choice, both as a supporter and a customer.

Hairy faced knut.

Sweeney - that's almost word for word what I would have written - tried other avenues, tired of the way the place is being run, didn't renew this year and picked and chose games to go to.

Original intention was still to go to every game, but ... know what ? Didn't.

So that Dr Bapswent can show us how clever he is. He's really a clever guy. Haven't you noticed? Socially inadequate with no mates and no burd, but clever as a very clever person who likes to post "Look at MEEE!!!!!!" posts on the internet.

Dr. Bapswent

OOOh touchy.

Where the handbag smiley?

Dr. Bapswent
So that Dr Bapswent can show us how clever he is. He's really a clever guy. Haven't you noticed? Socially inadequate with no mates and no burd, but clever as a very clever person who likes to post "Look at MEEE!!!!!!" posts on the internet.

oh dear oh dear.:P

Clerry Jambo

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

YES

Drylaw Hearts
OOOh touchy.

Where the handbag smiley?

There isn't one or you surely would have used it in the post below :-

Whats the point of this thread?

We've alredy got a ST poll.

Whats the use of this one?

Posted by you 24 hours ago on the below thread :-

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?p=154677#post154677

:)

Dr. Bapswent
There isn't one or you surely would have used it in the post below :-

Posted by you 24 hours ago on the below thread :-

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?p=154677#post154677

:)

Yes, im well aware of that.

But it was good of you to spend the time finding the link etc. It proved your point fantastically.

Whereas the point of this post, and its irony, are clearly lost on you.

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

It is not about how bad the team is, it is about how bad the club is being run.

If everyone took your view how would that help change the Majority Shareholder's view?

Your OP showed no hint of irony. Just the usual self-indulgent smugness. In my humble opinion only, of course.

Drylaw Hearts
Yes, im well aware of that.

But it was good of you to spend the time finding the link etc. It proved your point fantastically.

I did miss the point of the post.

Infact I'm still missing it.

Your the poor man's makween.

hahaha... that must be ferin terrible... the original is bad enough!

Buffalo Bill

I'm renewing my ticket because Jesus told me to.

RedNeck.PNG

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Bapswent
It is not about how bad the team is, it is about how bad the club is being run.

If everyone took your view how would that help change the Majority Shareholder's view?

Yep, I agree.

I have no problem with others having a differnt viewpoint.

Id rather continute to support them, provide my money so that they at least have the funds to get them out of the situation, rather than make a point to an owner who will do as he pleases anyway.

Im not wanting to get of the ride just yet. Every rollercoaster has ups and downs.

Those who do renew may let those who dont have a chance to say ' I told you so'

Those who dont renew may silently slink back into the ground if results get better.

At the moment my choice is that id rather be able to watch the team and stay on the ride a little longer and see how it pans out than to walk away after only a couple of seasons of terrible decisions and not be able to watch Hearts play each week.

I certainly dont get the point of not renewing a ST and turning up to buy tickets each week? Im not sure what message that woudl send out.

hahaha... that must be ferin terrible... the original is bad enough!

I disagree.

makween is young, erudite and very very witty.

Dr Bapswent is none of the above. He's a makween-wannabe! :pray:

I certainly dont get the point of not renewing a ST and turning up to buy tickets each week? Im not sure what message that woudl send out.

It sends out the message that someone still wants to support the team and see the games, but isn't prepared to hand over money up front for the regime to do what they like with it.

It's called a "point of principle".

If a lot of people did it, it would also get quite a lot of publicity, in terms of queues each week at Tynie for tickets, and press coverage, thus putting pressure on the regime.

There - used that "regime" word again - cos that's what it seems like.

Yes, it would be a lot of effort. Yes, it would be more expensive. Yes, it would send clear signals.

Dr. Bapswent
I disagree.

makween is young, erudite and very very witty.

Dr Bapswent is none of the above. He's a makween-wannabe! :pray:

Glad to see your able to keep to the subject of the post and not dive into personal abuse.

Well done.

Yep, I agree.

I have no problem with others having a differnt viewpoint.

Id rather continute to support them, provide my money so that they at least have the funds to get them out of the situation, rather than make a point to an owner who will do as he pleases anyway.

Im not wanting to get of the ride just yet. Every rollercoaster has ups and downs.

Those who do renew may let those who dont have a chance to say ' I told you so'

Those who dont renew may silently slink back into the ground if results get better.

At the moment my choice is that id rather be able to watch the team and stay on the ride a little longer and see how it pans out than to walk away after only a couple of seasons of terrible decisions and not be able to watch Hearts play each week.

Fair comments. As you say, people have their own view points.

I just think by not renewing you at least send the mesaage he needs to inprove his running of the club and can't just take the fans for granted.

Dr. Bapswent
It sends out the message that someone still wants to support the team and see the games, but isn't prepared to hand over money up front for the regime to do what they like with it.

It's called a "point of principle".

If a lot of people did it, it would also get quite a lot of publicity, in terms of queues each week at Tynie for tickets, and press coverage, thus putting pressure on the regime.

There - used that "regime" word again - cos that's what it seems like.

Yes, it would be a lot of effort. Yes, it would be more expensive. Yes, it would send clear signals.

Thats fair enough.

But if the point is to 'hit VR where it hurts', in his wallet.

How does forking out for tickets each week and paying more money to the club do that?

I do get your point, I just dont see how it will be as effective as is claimed.

As for news coverage. Maybe once, at most twice, will the news take up such a story, but no more than that.

Thats fair enough.

But if the point is to 'hit VR where it hurts', in his wallet.

How does forking out for tickets each week and paying more money to the club do that?

I do get your point, I just dont see how it will be as effective as is claimed.

As for news coverage. Maybe once, at most twice, will the news take up such a story, but no more than that.

Come on.

Instead of getting his (13500 * ?400) up front, he has to wait, week on week, to see how many people buy tickets for the games.

And if the team plays poorly ... the ticket sales go down.

And if the team plays well ... all to the good.

Jeesh - that's basically how it worked in the 70s etc, before STs were so

popular.

Supply a good product and the demand is there.

Rather than "give us (discounted) money up front for 18-20 occasions you can see the team, and we'll see whether we can be bothered meeting your aspirations on the playing side".

(Edit ... also ... do the arithmetic ... it takes many many games before you actually give him more money week-to-week than for a season ticket ... about now in the season, in fact)

Dr. Bapswent
Fair comments. As you say, people have their own view points.

I just think by not renewing you at least send the mesaage he needs to inprove his running of the club and can't just take the fans for granted.

Again, ok.

I just think that its clear to VR and everyone else that this is the case.

Its certainly not the case that those who run the club daily are unaware of the fans feelings.

Choosing not to watch the team I support, while potentailly a powerful message, over the course of a season would hurt me as a fan more than I think it would the club.

A club that alreadys know the fans are unhappy, and have either chosen to ignore them so far, and will continue to ignore them if they want.

I dont know the future, but id prefer to be at Tynecastle to watch it pan out, than suggest I already know how things will go and turn my back on it.

Drylaw Hearts

What would have been a better idea is that if anyone who thinks we need a Manager stood firm and refused to buy a ST until a Manager was employed.

Someone who fits all the criteria Hearts revealed they were looking for on 01/01/08.

A bit of unity within the support was needed.

Dr. Bapswent
Come on.

Instead of getting his (13500 * ?400) up front, he has to wait, week on week, to see how many people buy tickets for the games.

And if the team plays poorly ... the ticket sales go down.

And if the team plays well ... all to the good.

Jeesh - that's basically how it worked in the 70s etc, before STs were so

popular.

Supply a good product and the demand is there.

Rather than "give us (discounted) money up front for 18-20 occasions you can see the team, and we'll see whether we can be bothered meeting your aspirations on the palying side".

As i said, I get your point. I honestly just dont think itll pan out that way, not to the extent that would be effective.

I respect everyones right to choose though, and respect those who are wanting to make a stand. Id be very gald if it was effective.

I just dont think VR is the sort to be held to ransom and think that what governs the clubs success or failure is his ability and desire to see and change things, not 20% of fans not renewing season tickets but still paying on the door.

Again, ok.

Choosing not to watch the team I support, while potentailly a powerful message, over the course of a season would hurt me as a fan more than I think it would the club.

Nobody's saying anything about "not watching" the team, if buying a ticket week on week !

As i said, I get your point. I honestly just dont think itll pan out that way, not to the extent that would be effective.

I respect everyones right to choose though, and respect those who are wanting to make a stand. Id be very gald if it was effective.

I just dont think VR is the sort to be held to ransom and think that what governs the clubs success or failure is his ability and desire to see and change things, not 20% of fans not renewing season tickets but still paying on the door.

You are very right there ... but a) is that a good thing and B) do you see evidence that this is one of his strengths?

I don't think so.

Charlie Mann has confirmed that in his opinion there is only one thing that might make Romanov change his ways - as he doesnt listen to people:

Empty seats.

If any fan at Hearts wants things to change this is the only route.

Even if in delaying a season ticket purchase this only gives the impression there will be empty seats and you always intend to buy it later in the day this might just make Romanov pay a bit of attention.

If Hearts fans are happy and dont want anything to change at all. Buy buy buy.

It is really that simple.

Also ... do the arithmetic ... it takes many many games before you actually give him more money week-to-week than for a season ticket ... about now in the season, in fact)

Dr. Bapswent
What would have been a better idea is that if anyone who thinks we need a Manager stood firm and refused to buy a ST until a Manager was employed.

Someone who fits all the criteria Hearts revealed they were looking for on 01/01/08.

A bit of unity within the support was needed.

Absolutely, unity in the fans is the only thing thta gives them any strength.

The problem is:

Opinions of hows things are currently is the same.

Opinion on how to deal with it is divided.

Stop the bus!

I'm 99.99% sure that no matter what the season ticket delays, numbers etc. are the situation will not change. If we have a manager planed then we will have him anyway if not a few people turning up late for the ST won't change this.

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

Hard on.

I'm 99.99% sure that no matter what the season ticket delays, numbers etc. are the situation will not change. If we have a manager planed then we will have him anyway if not a few people turning up late for the ST won't change this.

Have to agree with this, I think people are being very naive if they think this will make any difference to Vlad, I honestly don't think it will.

I can't believe the amount of abuse some people are getting (not necessarily on this thread) for renewing their season ticket, it's really quite ridiculous.

dkmmgcycbwc

Ok

Thanks.

How gracious of you.

Behave yourself. People like you are endangering the club, Scottish football and the future of the human race.

Repent before it is too late. Stop taking advantage of other people's "graciousness" and DO NOT RENEW.

Have to agree with this, I think people are being very naive if they think this will make any difference to Vlad, I honestly don't think it will.

I can't believe the amount of abuse some people are getting (not necessarily on this thread) for renewing their season ticket, it's really quite ridiculous.

Interesting, cos last season there would have been a "not" in there, as in ...

"I can't believe the amount of abuse some people are getting (not necessarily on this thread) for not renewing their season ticket, it's really quite ridiculous."

I'm still waiting on someone giving me one valid reason / pro / advantage for parting with your money now instead of the 4th of May.

There is NOTHING to be gained by doing so at this stage, and why anyone would rather line the pockets of Romanov than have that money in their own bank account is a point which sails straight over my head.

So.... someone wanna gimme ONE good reason as to why its a better idea to renew now, in March, than it is to renew in May????

I'm still waiting on someone giving me one valid reason / pro / advantage for parting with your money now instead of the 4th of May.

There is NOTHING to be gained by doing so at this stage, and why anyone would rather line the pockets of Romanov than have that money in their own bank account is a point which sails straight over my head.

So.... someone wanna gimme ONE good reason as to why its a better idea to renew now, in March, than it is to renew in May????

Your bank could go bust?

Your money. Your choice. I will not critise you for doing so.

I shall do the same as 12 months ago and wait until the deadline before making my decision.

I love Hearts, too, but I have no problem in foregoing the pleasure until VR comes good on his promises (or at least one to start with).

If you know you are definitely renewing, what difference does it make if you renew now or in May? at the end of day, you're still giving the money to Vlad and I don't think he will think twice about how many have been sold until after the deadline.

Archived