Wallace and driver

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

Can't wait till they come back, the way rudi drifts inside is going to give trigger a ton of space to run into giving yet another great option, driver-if he can can back to his best will be another fantastic option-to those who think he can't cross it will be a different story now that he has players making themselves available in the box and is easily the quickest player we have.

Teams are going to hate playing us with a full strength team - I don't think we have ever had so many options on the flanks and at full back..

Canny wait and as always FTH

What is Drivers best?

From what I have seen he would get into the side at the moment albeit it would be unfair to expect Temps to continue at current levels for the whole season. To me Driver very rarely takes men on and gets to the bye-line, on the occassions that he does make it behind the defence his crossing lets him down badly.

To balance off against that he did score one of my favourite goals at Tynie against Falkirk with an excellent mazey run but any run is few & far between and in hindsight I think it was only Barr who was the one who had the urine ripped in that goal that most!

kingantti1874

His crossing doesn't let him down, under Caaba he was trying to hit fat nade who didn't move and most of the time wasn't there, for England u21's-with forwards making runs his crossing was excellent.

portobellojambo1

What is Drivers best?

From what I have seen he would get into the side at the moment albeit it would be unfair to expect Temps to continue at current levels for the whole season. To me Driver very rarely takes men on and gets to the bye-line, on the occassions that he does make it behind the defence his crossing lets him down badly.

To balance off against that he did score one of my favourite goals at Tynie against Falkirk with an excellent mazey run but any run is few & far between and in hindsight I think it was only Barr who was the one who had the urine ripped in that goal that most!

I think we all that that Salvatori, but the truth is what we didn't take into account was the lack of targets he had in the box. I think Driver will be a completely different kettle of fish when there are people like Kyle and Elliott getting on the end of what he delivers into the box. When your sole target is Christian Nade everything you deliver is going to look bad.

Creepy Lurker

I can remember being frustrated with Driver last season too, but I think that some people are going over the top about how bad they seem to think he's been.

For much of last season, he was struggling with his fitness (as indeed he still is) and was the only out ball in a very poor team, with little or nothing to aim at in the box. Whilst he did lose his way a bit, I don't think that we should forget the extent to which we were creaming ourselves over him a year or so previously.

In the positions in which we could play him, we now also have Skacel, Templeton and Suso, who have all shown this season that they can be more than viable options. As such, he shouldn't come right back into the team and expect to be a first pick. Should we be writing him off as a big player for us, though? No.

Kello

Jonsson-Bouzid-Zaliukas-Wallace

Templeton-Mrowiec/Black-Skacel-Driver

Kyle-Elliot(t)

Excited yet?

Looks a good team when we have the ball not to sure about it when the opposition has it. Unless we are going for the Kevin Keegan tactics of you score 3 we will score 4.

future is maroon

I posted yesterday on the "temps for ?1m-?2m" thread that when we get Driver and Wallace back we will have great options.

Before he got injured it could be argued that Wallace was our best defender and best attacking threat as he is pretty much two players in one. If Driver can get his fitness levels up then he too can be a great asset.

The problem we have had in the past couple of seasons is playing one up and only really having one winger and no midfielder coming from deep like we did with Cameron and Hartley but it's changed days now as before teams could double up on say Driver but if they do that then that frees up more space for Temps and Rudi not to mention Kyle and Elliott. If they double up on Temps (like Killie did in 3-0) game then we can then feed the ball to Driver on the other wing.

Driver will also now have great options to hit in the box whereas before he only had Nade who rarely showed any willingness to break free from defenders for headers etc.

A lot of players maybe were guaranteed a place before but if the likes of Temps and Driver don't perform then when have the likes of Suso and Novi to come in or can play the likes of Elliott or Rudi in wider roles.

Talking about all these options. Let's not forget how effective Suso has been this season too. If we can get and keep everyone fit, we have a cracking team. Still think we need that Baggio in midfield to put his foot on the ball and dictate the pace of the game, but that aside, we're looking great

With these 2 big players back - my first choice team would be as things stand

Kello

Black-Mrowiec-Skacel

Templeton-Driver

Kyle

Kello

Black-Mrowiec-Skacel

Templeton-Driver

Kyle

on current form Kyle wouldn't make the bench

Driver is still a big player for us and when he's on form there are few better in this league.

I for one can't wait to see him return.

Talking about all these options. Let's not forget how effective Suso has been this season too. If we can get and keep everyone fit, we have a cracking team. Still think we need that Baggio in midfield to put his foot on the ball and dictate the pace of the game, but that aside, we're looking great

I was speaking to a very glum Suso at lunchtime and he told me that he's out for the next 8 weeks.

He had an operation on his knee last week and he's still in a lot of pain.

Hope all goes well for him as he's a good guy to have in the squad.

At the moment, the way we're playing...where is Driver going to play?

Would be unfair on either Temps or Elliott to drop them on current form.

Wallace is badly missed though.

portobellojambo1

on current form Kyle wouldn't make the bench

I think you, like many Hearts fans, underestimate the huge difference having Kyle up front makes to us. I've listened to a number of Hearts fans inside Tynecastle saying he is slow, he can't do this, can't do that.

I prefer to actually listen to the opinion of fans of the sides we are playing. Within the present Hearts team if you ask them who has made the biggest difference to how we are now playing and functioning, and who they would most like to be missing from the side when we next meet the same name keeps coming up, Kevin Kyle.

Defenders hate playing against him because he gives them no peace, and while he is doing that alone he is creating situations which others in the team are benefiting from. He also does a lot of work in defence for us, especially at corners.

He was never going to be the next Lionel Messi, but he puts in a power of a shift, and contributes goals now and then as well (but as mentioned his best ability is to create situations which others score from).

At the moment, the way we're playing...where is Driver going to play?

Would be unfair on either Temps or Elliott to drop them on current form.

Wallace is badly missed though.

I really don't think Elliott has done very much.

The team Coco selects a few posts above is exactly who I would go with too.

I really don't think Elliott has done very much.

The team Coco selects a few posts above is exactly who I would go with too.

I think he makes some very good runs and his movement off the ball is brilliant. If he gets chances I'd put good money on him scoring goals.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in double figures tbh.

I think he makes some very good runs and his movement off the ball is brilliant. If he gets chances I'd put good money on him scoring goals.

Maybe he will.

Certainly don't think his current form makes him undroppable at the moment though.

We_are_the_Hearts

I think you, like many Hearts fans, underestimate the huge difference having Kyle up front makes to us. I've listened to a number of Hearts fans inside Tynecastle saying he is slow, he can't do this, can't do that.

I prefer to actually listen to the opinion of fans of the sides we are playing. Within the present Hearts team if you ask them who has made the biggest difference to how we are now playing and functioning, and who they would most like to be missing from the side when we next meet the same name keeps coming up, Kevin Kyle.

Defenders hate playing against him because he gives them no peace, and while he is doing that alone he is creating situations which others in the team are benefiting from. He also does a lot of work in defence for us, especially at corners.

He was never going to be the next Lionel Messi, but he puts in a power of a shift, and contributes goals now and then as well (but as mentioned his best ability is to create situations which others score from).

Well said, SPOT ON. :thumbsup:

He creates a hell of a lot of space for our more skilful players to use. The guy's a battering ram. He's playing an unglamorous role, but a role which lets the glamorous players play.

Huge player for us right now. The number 9 we've missed for years.

tartofmidlothian

Totally agree. He didn't have the easiest time on Saturday, but whenever a high ball came in they put two men on him to keep him quiet, they knew how much of a threat he was. He lost a lot of them, but the knockdowns and a header towards goal he did make were pinpoint. Playing well or badly, he keeps defences busy.

tartofmidlothian

I think Elliott's a typical poacher of the type we've almost forgotten about at Hearts. Contributes very little, but all about finding space and trying to get on the end of the ball. He'll score a few more goals for us this season.

That said, I don't think he's undroppable. He and Elliot are both playing well and seeing a decent amount of chances come their way at the moment, I don't think a one in three or four strike rate is too much to ask of either. Give one of them three or four games and if they haven't scored at least a goal in that time, bench them in favour of the other. is that harsh?

He creates a hell of a lot of space for our more skilful players to use. The guy's a battering ram. He's playing an unglamorous role, but a role which lets the glamorous players play.

Huge player for us right now. The number 9 we've missed for years.

Exactly! Anyone who can't see what Kyle brings to the team really doesn't understand much about the game.

Kello

Black-Mrowiec-Skacel

Templeton-Driver

Kyle

I reckon we'll line up more like this...

Kello

Black-Mrowiec

Skacel

Templeton-----------------Driver

Kyle

Rudolf's Mate

Driver is still a big player for us and when he's on form there are few better in this league.

I for one can't wait to see him return.

This.

That said he's going to have to get back to previous form to get back in the team. Lee is in a different position, as he is by far the best player for his position. Bottom line is that it's exciting stuff to think these guys are on the way back.

I'll also say that Calum would be my first choice striker! Don't think Kyle or Stevie has shown they are better than him so far this season.

Can't wait till they come back, the way rudi drifts inside is going to give trigger a ton of space to run into giving yet another great option, driver-if he can can back to his best will be another fantastic option-to those who think he can't cross it will be a different story now that he has players making themselves available in the box and is easily the quickest player we have.

Teams are going to hate playing us with a full strength team - I don't think we have ever had so many options on the flanks and at full back..

Canny wait and as always FTH

Driver is a waste of space. sorry lads, but its true, we should have accepted the 3.5 mill offer earlier this year.

I wouldn't mind his salary for lying on the physio's table. And if our form continues, who's to say he's guaranteed a first team place.

As for Wallace I would be pleased to see back.

kingantti1874

FFS - a waste of space! You think the boy wants to be injured? Whether or not we should have taken the 3.5m is another debate but that is a joke of a post..

winston churchill

Driver is a waste of space. sorry lads, but its true, we should have accepted the 3.5 mill offer earlier this year.

so i take-it he agreed to move:rolleyes:

scott herbertson

Couldn't agree more

Anyone who has played alongside or against a big hard centre half or centre forward knows the difference that makes if they are on your side or playing against you. Every time the ball comes into the middle of defence you worry about the trouble coming, and if the central defenders are worrying then the job is half done

That team is more than a match for either of the OF. With Palazuelos, Thomson, Stevenson, Elliot and Glen in reserve who knows how close we could run them by the end of the season.

I reckon we'll line up more like this...

Kello

Black-Mrowiec

Skacel

Templeton-----------------Driver

Kyle

I wouldn't mind his salary for lying on the physio's table. And if our form continues, who's to say he's guaranteed a first team place.

As for Wallace I would be pleased to see back.

When the offers were coming in for Driver, even Mystic Meg would have struggled to predict Suso was going to improve so much and Temps was also going to burst into the first team. Not so long ago Driver, along with Wallace, were our best players

jamboinglasgow

so i take-it he agreed to move:rolleyes:

can I ask what Driver has done to you that you have such a disliking towards him? I take it you will be happy when he starts playing again for us.

Driver and Wallace will be a huge addition to our team when they come back in January. Wallace is such a classy player, his control, movement and ability to get forward are of a higher standard then the SPL. Driver is a player whose ability has been sadly easily forgotten, when he comes back (in January) he will show people what they are missing.

winston churchill

can I ask what Driver has done to you that you have such a disliking towards him? I take it you will be happy when he starts playing again for us.

i don't dislike driver or any other hearts player.he's made of glass and i also think he would not move or will move and let his contract run down.

only my opinion mind and we can revisit this at a later date.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Any updates on the pair of them? How far away are they? Last I heard Wallace wants back for the derby and then that's about it really.

Archived