Wallace targets derby return

Say What Again

Say What Again

Apologies if I've missed this.

Looks like Lee is well ahead of schedule and himself hopes to be back for the game on New years Day.

It would be a huge bonus to add him and a fully fit (and staying fit) Andy Driver to the squad.

SkySports

"I'm looking at another six or seven weeks. It would be a huge incentive to be back for the New Year game," said Wallace.

"It's big enough to be involved in any derby but for that match to be at the time of my comeback would be even more special."

Rudolf's Mate

To think we still have LW to come back. Our defence will be pretty solid when that happen's and if we can keep the other lads fit then we've got some team!

Looks like Lee is well ahead of schedule and himself hopes to be back for the game on New years Day.

It would be a huge bonus to add him and a fully fit (and staying fit) Andy Driver to the squad.

SkySports

Anyone know how close Driver is to a return ???

:unsure:

Ease him back in preparation for an assault at the BIG CUP. This is our year :thumbsup:

Did you really just say that? The only team who constantly use that phrase seem to have been using it for a rather long time...

Charlie-Brown

He is going to be brilliant with Rudi - we will tear teams apart down the left wing. :thumbsup:

This could be short lived though - if Wallace is fit again for January and recaptures his pre-injury form somebody might buy him?

Frankenstein Jambo.

This could be short lived though - if Wallace is fit again for January and recaptures his pre-injury form somebody might buy him?

Yep but at least we will get 6 months of magic.

Charlie-Brown

Yep but at least we will get 6 months of magic.

Might only be 31 days if he performs well and proves his fitness?

Frankenstein Jambo.

Might only be 31 days if he performs well and proves his fitness?

Can't see us letting wallace go in January.

JJ will at least want to get the rest of the season out of him. It will also take lee a while to get his fitness and form back and clubs want players who will add to their squad straight away.

Unless a club puts serious money on the table he wont be away in Jan.

Charlie-Brown

Can't see us letting wallace go in January.

JJ will at least want to get the rest of the season out of him. It will also take lee a while to get his fitness and form back and clubs want players who will add to their squad straight away.

Unless a club puts serious money on the table he wont be away in Jan.

Yes January is probably a bit soon but I do think he'll definitely be away at some point during 2011.

We_are_the_Hearts

Did you really just say that? The only team who constantly use that phrase seem to have been using it for a rather long time...

Good point. :lol: I meant This is our year AGAIN.... :thumbsup:

SkySports

Andy Driver has said he is hoping to be fit for the New Years Day Derby 2012 :whistling:

We've already shown we can cope quite well without him so there's no point in rushing him back.

Also, if some other club does offer say 3m to buy him, then taking it and allowing JJ 500-750k to buy another left back is a good way of doing business. Our best players will eventually outgrow us and using the money they bring in to the club to buy the best young prospects from around Scotland and the English lower leagues is the way we should have been doing things since Vlad arrived. Instead we spent ridiculous sums on guys like Makela and Beslija. It's such a shame the money that we wasted on that pair alone.

If someone makes the right bid then any of our players should be for sale. JJ is more than capable of adding another left back to his signing list.

Rudolf's Mate

Nobody will meet Vlads valuation after his injury. Clubs will want to see him have a good run before possibly shelling out cash. I personally think it'll be the January after next, as long as he keeps up his form before anyone will buy.

Some will say that say 3M is peanuts to a bigger club. Not in today's market and it's only the big clubs that would take such a risk for that type of money. Don't even think Everton would be willing!

Good news for us as far as I'm concerned.

Archived