Romanov Threatens to Walk

hmfc_liam06

Just had a text from my cousin who is on the way to the match and its been on Forth 2 that Romanov will walk away if planning permission isn't given for the new stand.

Can't find it on their site though.

Its in today's Scotsman but from what I read, its a rehash of a story from a couple of weeks ago.

Front page of EEN.

Its in today's Scotsman but from what I read, its a rehash of a story from a couple of weeks ago.

Cool, cheers Chester.

Horatio Caine

This should supply the main talking point for the `pundits` on Sportsound this afternoon. Chick Young will be creaming himself at the prospect of even such a discussion, never mind if it really happened.

Hearts recent form on the pitch will be conveniently ignored in favour of `new turmoil`.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good timing in the run-up to elections next year. This is clever by Vlad because he knows rightly that there are no buyers but the nuances of this move will escape the average voter.

Now, will this walking take place before or after UBIG have swapped ?10m of our debt for equity? :unsure:

THEVE ALL READY SWAPPED THE DEBT FOR EQUITY

To be fair....Vlad has a point (again) ?23m in taxes to our government.Donald Trump had to jump through hoops,Is Scotland open for business?

To be fair....Vlad has a point (again) ?23m in taxes to our government.Donald Trump had to jump through hoops,Is Scotland open for business?

The stand is a local council, and possible HSE, matter but his bank issues are down to the FSA. Perhaps we should protest outside the FSA's main stand? :rolleyes:

Jesus, this will have the Vladsheep sheep.gif on here jumping off cliffs, causing self-harm and considering ending it all, if you know any, I advise setting up some sort of support 'MadVladline' or maybe if you know one of these unfortunates, I will leave it up to your conscience. whistling.gif

This is old news and was reported before the Celtic match. Not sure why it's being rehashed now - not as if we're playing the OF today whistling.gif

This is not a new story.

Anyway Vlad is spot on. He and his group have pumped millions into the economy and wants to pump millions more but the council and the FSA are bein morons.

The bank has met every request put to them but still are getting nowhere due to the FSA's prejudicial views about all things Eastern European being dodgy whilst ignoring our own shambolic banks.

The council too are clueless when it comes to the stadium. They played politics with Mercer because he was a Tory and now they are playing politics again tottally oblivious to the true value to Edinburgh speending most of the time and money on one tram line, which no-one wants and for which they have a cheek to want to charge Hearts for.

The stand is a local council, and possible HSE, matter but his bank issues are down to the FSA. Perhaps we should protest outside the FSA's main stand? :rolleyes:

Not for a minute do i think he will A) Put us up for sale or B ) get a buyer.

The main Stand is the furthest away from the Distillers and the other 3 stands sailed through,as the meercats say...simples!

The FSA /Banking regulations are way above my comprehension,your on your own there Dave ! :thumbsup:

The whole thing seems rather crazy.A big building project like this brings much needed jobs to the city not just in the short term but also in the long term.Surely this is good for the city

The whole thing seems rather crazy.A big building project like this brings much needed jobs to the city not just in the short term but also in the long term.Surely this is good for the city

Haggling over the pre-agreed purchase price of the land won't sit well with the council. It's a bit like getting gazumped when selling a house.

If a stand was ever going to be built then surely planning would now be approved, even if the building of the stand was put on hold.

To be honest I cant see it happening, I doubt Vlad would have pumped all this money in to hearts and then all of a sudden just walk away. Just another non story from the wanks over at the Evening News!

I bet the tramps over at flumps.net will be creaming them self's at this story.

Its the quote in the hibsman that said we cant expand the stadium due to chemicals being stored near by, yet just 100 yards further away from the main stand a new high school was built... oh yeah I can see the logic there

The main Stand is the furthest away from the Distillers and the other 3 stands sailed through,as the meercats say...simples!

The FSA /Banking regulations are way above my comprehension,your on your own there Dave ! :thumbsup:

Totally agree re the stands. If it's safe for 500 kids at the new school to be in the vicinity then I can't see why a new stand, further away than the Wheatfield ( holding 6,000 at apparent risk ) is an issue.

The FSA will have requirements that all banks need to meet to trade in the UK. If, unlike hundreds of other foreign banks that trade in the UK, Ukios can't meet them then UKIOS need to look at themselves imo.

The Old Tolbooth

I can imagine there will be a frenzy of chugging down there over this story. :boak:

There is, further proving the point that their greatest achievements in football is when they think we're under threat, what a way to live their lives :lol:

One of them even suggest that they should take us over because we're "ripe" :lol:

Oi muppets!

You've got your ?25m holding company debt to worry about ya arseholes!

i fully expect that Romanov would be frustrated by the amount of obstacles put in his way but i seriously doubt he would walk away from a club he has just pumped an additional 10m in to,it would not make any sense whatsoever.

Totally agree re the stands. If it's safe for 500 kids at the new school to be in the vicinity then I can't see why a new stand, further away than the Wheatfield ( holding 6,000 at apparent risk ) is an issue.

The FSA will have requirements that all banks need to meet to trade in the UK. If, unlike hundreds of other foreign banks that trade in the UK, Ukios can't meet them then UKIOS need to look at themselves imo.

Last I heard they have met them though. That is the point.

It was fairly obvious that the Scotsman would put this sort of thing out now. It might have been before the Hibs game but the impact would have been lost if, as expected, we beat them. They don't particularly care for Celtic so it didn't go out before the midweek game

They are of course totally cheesed off at having to put out all the good news stories and having had to publish the new story about the ?10 million debt reduction this seemed a good time to re-hash this old story to serve their agenda better

Even if other papers pick this up it is only worth ignoring, as is the newspaper itself

I'm willing to bet the local authorities in Kaunas and Minsk are also still fighting tooth and nail against Romanov's stadium projects and that not a single brick has been laid. How can one guy have so much bad luck?

I'm willing to bet the local authorities in Kaunas and Minsk are also still fighting tooth and nail against Romanov's stadium projects and that not a single brick has been laid. How can one guy have so much bad luck?

:D

i can't fathom why any newspapers would bother reporting anything said by vladimir romanov... well sergejus fedotovas actually. after all, isn't he known for just ranting and raving and talking cobblers?

maybe a little selective gravitas being afforded to some things he says, based of course on whether or not it represents a juicy wee bit of shite stirring. maybe tomorrow he'll say something else which could be construed as positive and he'll be talking nonsense again.

Last I heard they have met them though. That is the point.

So why don't they have their licence then? They can't have met all the criteria or is the FSA anti-Vlad as well? :rolleyes:

I wondered when something like this would surface. It has been just too good for Hearts in the last while, meantime the team roond the corner have been in absolute chaos. We have just gone through it with the Lennon statements, where he proves all Vlad's theories are pretty close. and now this, it seems when anything goes right for Hearts the opportunity is presented to come out with a Vlad is leaving story. It may well be true that he has made the statement, gee in all my 75 years I have never ever before heard anyone make a similar threat in similar circumstances.

If it takes the Council as long to consider and decide an outcome as it is taking them to conclude the tram construction, a safe bet is in that 100 years of contemplation Hibs may have even been able to win a cup. Nah now I am being ridiculous.

Vlad is correct to make his major point. Scotland does itself no favours by putting off businesses that wish to invest money here. The way Donald Trump has been dealt with by some of the public, Aberdeen City Council and the media has been a disgrace. We should be encouraging new business and investment not making it as hard as we can for it to be progressed!

The message is 'Scotland is closed for business'.

The Labour party and the CEC in particular has a lot to answer for. Now if Vlad was wishing to put down some tram lines. You couldn't make this up.

He must be very frustrated at the lack of progress.

So why don't they have their licence then? They can't have met all the criteria or is the FSA anti-Vlad as well? :rolleyes:

they are not anti-Vlad but they are anti Eastern European as they do not have faith in their money laundering laws or regulation even though they ballsed up themselves.

If he puts us up for sale we're quids in, if he walks we're quids in and if he stays we're quids in. Dont see what the problem is here.

i fully expect that Romanov would be frustrated by the amount of obstacles put in his way but i seriously doubt he would walk away from a club he has just pumped an additional 10m in to,it would not make any sense whatsoever.

If Vlad can stand up against the OF and the Scottish Mafia Association then I am sure he can do the same with the council. Mind you, gives the hobos something to get excited about cos really they've got feck all else!

Interesting turn, Allan Preston stated on the radio today that he had discussed this with the journalist in question (Brian something) and the journalist was astonished that it had been turned into a negative as the interview was wholly positive. Preston had a bit of a dig at the "local press".

The White Cockade

If he puts us up for sale we're quids in, if he walks we're quids in and if he stays we're quids in. Dont see what the problem is here.

I don't think you grasp the reality of the situation

nobody is going to buy the club with our debt and if Vlad ever does decide to walk the only way to cut his losses is to sell the players and the stadium

ie Hearts no more

not my definition of "quids in"

I know I shouldn't have bothered looking but I did and found this wonderful snippet of hobospeak:

Even ignoring the small indiscretion of a few laundered billions, the unnecessary Interpol investigation prompted by the GFA, they seem to be forgetting their Credit Rating.

Standard's and Poor, the only rating they have has them at CCC/- with negative outlook, simply the lowest rating possible, and I think the FSA requires at least an AA+ before considering granting permission to operate.

They are spinning yarns and preparing excuses for the EXIT

Seriously? Do you think they actually speak like this? Y'know...in the pub...when they're discussing football...is this the stuff they come out with?!

I don't think you grasp the reality of the situation

nobody is going to buy the club with our debt and if Vlad ever does decide to walk the only way to cut his losses is to sell the players and the stadium

ie Hearts no more

not my definition of "quids in"

Mr Romanov has never said or hinted that he would walk away! If he puts the club up for sale then he will have to make a viable proposition ie reducing the debt further. For everything that has been said I am sure most rational people would agree one thing....that Mr Romanov does not wish this club to suffer in any way.

As Allan Preston said on BBC Scotland this afternoon...the local press have got this story all wrong. It was a BBC interview and it was VERY positive for Hearts! However, it is very typical of the press, especially our own local press, to turn the story into an anti Hearts one!

The White Cockade

I know I shouldn't have bothered looking but I did and found this wonderful snippet of hobospeak:

[/size][/font][/color]

Seriously? Do you think they actually speak like this? Y'know...in the pub...when they're discussing football...is this the stuff they come out with?!

nah its more like "where's ma smack?" and "did ah ever tell ye we wur the first team wi floodlights an that"

Interesting, I have no problem with businesses being asked to contribute to the city council and conform to H&S when building large construction etc. If it were a Tesco we would have no problem with it. Hearts are a business but they are also a city attraction and a leisure activity for people. I think its okay for the council to ask for some cash but not be OTT.

At the end of the day European football will put the city on the map and bring more revenue in to the city.

The White Cockade

Mr Romanov has never said or hinted that he would walk away! If he puts the club up for sale then he will have to make a viable proposition ie reducing the debt further. For everything that has been said I am sure most rational people would agree one thing....that Mr Romanov does not wish this club to suffer in any way.

As Allan Preston said on BBC Scotland this afternoon...the local press have got this story all wrong. It was a BBC interview and it was VERY positive for Hearts! However, it is very typical of the press, especially our own local press, to turn the story into an anti Hearts one!

I never said he did but am saying its unlikely to be good news if he ever does

at the end of the day if he does go he is a businessman and would put his business interests first ahead of Hearts as most businessmen would

Archived