Our True Level

gowestjambo

gowestjambo

Those of us that witnessed our pathetic performance against St Mirren, should now have a re-think!

We thought the team was devoid of all quality, and should have been beaten on Saturday. The team that we struggled to gain a point from, have now been soundly beaten by a First Division team! (not even at the top of the first division).

Where exactly does this leave us? I believe are actually worse than we thought, which is quite a sobering thought.

Leaving "St Mirren Park" on Saturday was depressing enough, I now all of a sudden feel a whole lot worse! - can we sink any lower?

davemclaren
Those of us that witnessed our pathetic performance against St Mirren, should now have a re-think!

We thought the team was devoid of all quality, and should have been beaten on Saturday. The team that we struggled to gain a point from, have now been soundly beaten by a First Division team! (not even at the top of the first division).

Where exactly does this leave us? I believe are actually worse than we thought, which is quite a sobering thought.

Leaving "St Mirren Park" on Saturday was depressing enough, I now all of a sudden feel a whole lot worse! - can we sink any lower?

Football doesn't work that way I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

gowestjambo
Football doesn't work that way I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

It puts our performance on Saturday into a real perspective as far as I am concerned!

Ryan Gosling
It puts our performance on Saturday into a real perspective as far as I am concerned!

Yes but Aberdeen only beat Celtic 1-0 tonight. Obviously this makes them better than Celtic, but we beat Aberdeen 4-1 and Celtic 2-0.

This makes us better than Bayern Munich and Barcelona surely?

davemclaren
Yes but Aberdeen only beat Celtic 1-0 tonight. Obviously this makes them better than Celtic, but we beat Aberdeen 4-1 and Celtic 2-0.

Exactly. :P

gowestjambo

I can only judge what I see from my own eyes - I believe we are actually worse than anyone dares think!

Nucky Thompson

And Celtic only scraped a 1 nil against St Mirren, so St Johnstone are better than Celtic:rolleyes:

Brilliant. Is this the way football works now?

Cool, St. Johnstone are better than AC Milan if the match was to be played on British soil. :)

Celtic beat AC Milan who were beaten by Aberdeen were recently beaten by Hearts who failed to beat St. Mirren who were roundly humped by St. Johnstone.

Isn't football wonderful?

gowestjambo
And Celtic only scraped a 1 nil against St Mirren, so St Johnstone are better than Celtic:rolleyes:

A straight line through results obviously does not tell the true story, but I think we now accept mediocrity from our team as the norm.

Coburg Hearts

Using the OP's crazy logic, I could prove that East Stirling are the greatest team in the world.

CH

chester copperpot

I kind of agree with the OP's sentiments. Fair enough the example he is using is pretty naff, however our level has dropped significantly this season in comparison to last.

Ach I cannae be arsed trying to explain it. Too many variables, however agree to an extent with it.

gowestjambo
Using the OP's crazy logic, I could prove that East Stirling are the greatest team in the world.

CH

The logic is pretty simple, we are rubbish! a team we were lucky to get a point off, who are already acknowledged as one of the worst premier league teams - have just been soundly beaten by a team not even top of their league!

ps the East Stirling scenario is on a par with Vlad's very best!

I had a look at your other posts. Jeez-o, you're a right little ray of sunshine aren't you? Just what this board needs!:P

Drylaw Hearts
I kind of agree with the OP's sentiments. Fair enough the example he is using is pretty naff, however our level has dropped significantly this season in comparison to last.

Ach I cannae be arsed trying to explain it. Too many variables, however agree to an extent with it.

I also get the jist of what the OP is saying.

Saturday's result now looks worse tonight than it did at the time.

We scramble for a draw and SJ hammer them.

Champions League here we come. :)

Libertonian_II

Our true level is 7th in the SPL. At the moment we don't deserve to be better placed than we are.

I'd agree with the sentiment of the OP but not the logic.

The current squad is one of the worst in recent years.

gowestjambo
I had a look at your other posts. Jeez-o, you're a right little ray of sunshine aren't you? Just what this board needs!:P

Whether I am what this board needs or not, we are all entiltled to express an opinion.

Are you comfortable with the current performances? after watching us continually underperform, I am amazed at what some supporters think is acceptable.

I can lend you a book if you need something to read, you obviously dont have much else to do reading previous posts!

Coburg Hearts
The logic is pretty simple, we are rubbish! a team we were lucky to get a point off, who are already acknowledged as one of the worst premier league teams - have just been soundly beaten by a team not even top of their league!

ps the East Stirling scenario is on a par with Vlad's very best!

You are the one comparing results. So, we beat Celtic 2-0, Celtic got to the last 16 of the Champions league, therefore Hearts are at least in the top 16 in Europe...but only going by your thinking. But if St.Johnstone winning tonight gives you ANOTHER chance to put the boot into Hearts then why not? Nearly every other thread is getting twisted to put the boot in.

CH

gowestjambo
I also get the jist of what the OP is saying.

Saturday's result now looks worse tonight than it did at the time.

We scramble for a draw and SJ hammer them.

Well put D/H I knew I was not alone!

gowestjambo
You are the one comparing results. So, we beat Celtic 2-0, Celtic got to the last 16 of the Champions league, therefore Hearts are at least in the top 16 in Europe...but only going by your thinking. But if St.Johnstone winning tonight gives you ANOTHER chance to put the boot into Hearts then why not? Nearly every other thread is getting twisted to put the boot in.

CH

The point I am trying to make is that I believe we are now de-senseitised to accepting what is amongst the very worst team ever seen!

The point I am trying to make is that I believe we are now de-senseitised to accepting what is amongst the very worst team ever seen!

Because St Johnstone beat St Mirren. :confused::confused::confused:

Charlie-Brown

How old are you? You obviously didn't attend Hearts games in the 1990's or 80's or 70's I assume?

gowestjambo
Because St Johnstone beat St Mirren. :confused::confused::confused:

No because we are dire!

BobbyJenkins
Well thought out response!

I think it pretty much covers it.

My apologies, it was a tad harsh. However, I am gettin a bit sick of all this bulsheet bein spouted, what youre sayin just does not make sense.

Football doesnt work like that. A little perspective please.

portobellojambo1

Football is not quite as exact a science as your train of thought is suggesting. I would describe league tournaments as marathons, cup competitions as sprints, some are better at sprinting than lasting long distances and vice versa. Tonight was effectively St Johnstone's last chance to bank some decent money from this season (by getting to a semi final versus Rangers), and I suspect that carrot drove them on to one last sprint, and victory.

ToadKiller Dog

St Johnstone have a recent history of doing well in the cup.Its a different thing totally from the league and cant be compaired,Barnsly have beat Liverpool,chelsea in the fa cup.Pompy beat man utd.

Cup results happen ,are you saying the might of perth would be above us in the SPL ?.

Nucky Thompson

In our history we have beaten St Mirren 113 times, lost 78 times and drawn 70 times. So the OPs opinion that we have the devine right to beat teams like St Mirren are balls.

gowestjambo
Football is not quite as exact a science as your train of thought is suggesting. I would describe league tournaments as marathons, cup competitions as sprints, some are better at sprinting than lasting long distances and vice versa. Tonight was effectively St Johnstone's last chance to bank some decent money from this season, and I suspect that carrot drove them on to one last sprint, and victory.

What race do we feature in then ? If its the Relay, I think we dropped the baton some time ago!

chester copperpot
In our history we have beaten St Mirren 113 times, lost 78 times and drawn 70 times. So the OPs opinion that we have the devine right to beat teams like St Mirren are balls.

Its only Cellick that have that Divine right!!!!

The Real Maroonblood
What race do we feature in then ? If its the Relay, I think we dropped the baton some time ago!

In swimming it would be the backstroke.

gowestjambo
How old are you? You obviously didn't attend Hearts games in the 1990's or 80's or 70's I assume?

I have been attending Tynecastle since 1962, I will not give up wanting the very best for my team, and I will not tolerate the mediocrity currently on offer! (if you wish to do so that is OK with me)

Do have any intelligent questions you would like an answer to? I am not interested in what age people are, it makes no difference to their opinion.

gowestjambo
OP we are shy te and we know it.

Unfortunately some accept it and some don't.

I will never accept it even if I cant change it, but why some people are easily pleased is beyond me!

The Real Maroonblood
I will never accept it even if I cant change it, but why some people are easily pleased is beyond me!

The club at the moment is rotten to the core and it shows as it is being run like a freak show at the circus.

gowestjambo

I never mentioned a Devine right, but with our support, resources and wage bill we ought to be able to beat st mirren, who have taken 4 out of 6 points against us in the last 2 games!

My original point is some people do not accept how far we have fallen in the last 3 years!

Charlie-Brown
I have been attending Tynecastle since 1962, I will not give up wanting the very best for my team, and I will not tolerate the mediocrity currently on offer! (if you wish to do so that is OK with me)

Do have any intelligent questions you would like an answer to? I am not interested in what age people are, it makes no difference to their opinion.

The current team is having a poor season and it's not enjoyable to watch but to say it's amongst the worst ever seen is simply an untrue exaggeration and if you have been a Hearts regular since 1962 then you have seen much much worse teams and seasons.

scott herbertson
I can only judge what I see from my own eyes - I believe we are actually worse than anyone dares think!

Mod edit

Brilliant. Is this the way football works now?

Cool, St. Johnstone are better than AC Milan if the match was to be played on British soil. :)

Celtic beat AC Milan who were beaten by Aberdeen were recently beaten by Hearts who failed to beat St. Mirren who were roundly humped by St. Johnstone.

Isn't football wonderful?

I've done this one before.

We beat Braga in 04/05, who beat Porto that season who where European Champions.

So technically we were the best team in Europe at that point.

Libertonian_II
The current team is having a poor season and it's not enjoyable to watch but to say it's amongst the worst ever seen is simply an untrue exaggeration and if you have been a Hearts regular since 1962 then you have seen much much worse teams and seasons.

The current team is not the worst I've seen, but over the last 20 years or so it is. It very much is

gowestjambo

Its true I have seen over 40 years of mostly uninspiring football, but Saturday to me was one of the lowest I have seen.

In the past we had little hope, and awaited a Saviour - the most frustrating thing is our current position is self inflicted by the supposed saviour.

And I am not sure I can remember a more feckless performance than last saturday, which was devoid of any quality!

hearts_crazy

Holy trucking freakballs, this has just GOT to be the fecking stupidest thread ever to be posted on any football forum anywhere in the World.

OK, using the OPs, ahem, 'logic' and taking a better example Cardiff (mid table Championship) beat Middlesborough (mid table Premiership) 2-0 AWAY in the QF of the FA Cup. Middlesborough then draw 1-1 with Arsenal AWAY (nearly won it BTW) so that makes Cardiff better than Arsenal, and Arsenal are gash then.

FFS think before you post utter bolox on Kickback.

And before anyone says it no I don't think everything is rosy in the garden and Hearts are playing great, I am just realistic enough to realise that a one-off cup win bears no relevance whatsoever to the game we played at the weekend. Sheesh!

Charlie-Brown
The current team is not the worst I've seen, but over the last 20 years or so it is. It very much is

Worse than 1999 or 1995 or 1994 seasons? The last 2 being last day relegation scrapes, in 1999 we didn't win for 13 games between December & April and after watching us lose 2 nil at Dens Park with Mo Berthe playing we were really in deep sh|te, thankfully we turned it around last 6 games but it was a dire season with 2 big cup disappointments also.

portobellojambo1

I am not pleased with what I have witnessed this season, far from it, I was just surprised that you had expanded on whatever feelings you may have previously held based on our result Saturday in comparison with a result achieved this evening in a different competition.

I have stated my opinion on what I witnessed Saturday, I think I described it on Saturday night as a poor, poor game of football played by 2 sides who were as bad as each other. But I didn't read as much into the result of tonight's Scottish Cup tie as you appear to have done. Similarly I have witnessed us beat Rangers at Tynecastle this season, Celtic at Parkhead, Aberdeen at Pittodrie and Hibernian at Tynecastle, but based on those 4 results I do not believe we deserve to be any higher up the league than we are, which I suppose is the other side of the coin.

I think the phrase "football is a funny old game" applies within the context of what is being discussed within this thread.

Charlie-Brown
I am not pleased with what I have witnessed this season, far from it, I was just surprised that you had expanded on whatever feelings you may have previously held based on our result Saturday in comparison with a result achieved this evening in a different competition.

I have stated my opinion on what I witnessed Saturday, I think I described it on Saturday night as a poor, poor game of football played by 2 sides who were as bad as each other. But I didn't read as much into the result of tonight's Scottish Cup tie as you appear to have done. Similarly I have witnessed us beat Rangers at Tynecastle this season, Celtic at Parkhead, Aberdeen at Pittodrie and Hibernian at Tynecastle, but based on those 4 results I do not believe we deserve to be any higher up the league than we are, which I suppose is the other side of the coin.

I think the phrase "football is a funny old game" applies within the context of what is being discussed within this thread.

This is the most sensible & coherent post on this thread PJ1. :)

Tommy Brown

I am with you Westy.

Phannys on here cannot bring themselves to slag off our current output.

I don't blame the players, only the set-up.

I was a regular in 70's & early 80's (Todays squad would hump them).

The problem with our club is at the very top of the tree. The message must come from Vlad, not his monkeys.

gowestjambo
Holy trucking freakballs, this has just GOT to be the fecking stupidest thread ever to be posted on any football forum anywhere in the World.

OK, using the OPs, ahem, 'logic' and taking a better example Cardiff (mid table Championship) beat Middlesborough (mid table Premiership) 2-0 AWAY in the QF of the FA Cup. Middlesborough then draw 1-1 with Arsenal AWAY (nearly won it BTW) so that makes Cardiff better than Arsenal, and Arsenal are gash then.

FFS think before you post utter bolox on Kickback.

And before anyone says it no I don't think everything is rosy in the garden and Hearts are playing great, I am just realistic enough to realise that a one-off cup win bears no relevance whatsoever to the game we played at the weekend. Sheesh!

I am very happy for you to remain in our own wee world, just let us in the Real world accept the team for what it is just now! Its not rocket science to work out how bad we really are!

gowestjambo
I am with you Westy.

Phannys on here cannot bring themselves to slag off our current output.

I don't blame the players, only the set-up.

I was a regular in 70's & early 80's (Todays squad would hump them).

The problem with our club is at the very top of the tree. The message must come from Vlad, not his monkeys.

Some people are easy pleased if they are prepared to accept the current situation, and lets face it winners dont accept defeat! Vlad - remember a Fish rots from the head down!!

Archived