So who is our ?19,000 a week player ?

Paulie Walnut

Paulie Walnut

According to John Robertson in his scotsman interview we are paying somebody ?19,000 a week.

Astonishing really !

According to John Robertson in his scotsman interview we are paying somebody ?19,000 a week.

Astonishing really !

We were paying Jose this as his contract was nett of tax

He does say that it includes flat, car and bonuses.

Not that it makes it ok but at least we save on bonuses most weeks :whistling:

(It always astonishes me that somebody who may be paid >?500k per year is offered allowances for flats and cars but I guess that's all part of the package)

My bet is Zal ( just signed a new deal which dragged on 4 ages) or possibly suso. Spanish clubs pay big money, so it had 2 be worth his while 2 come 2 tynie. Skacel could command that size of salary also. Am I right?

Suso came from some 3rd division team did he not, 19,000 not a chance

2nd division team who've flirted with la liga for the odd season. unlikely but not impossible.

My bet is Zal ( just signed a new deal which dragged on 4 ages) or possibly suso. Spanish clubs pay big money, so it had 2 be worth his while 2 come 2 tynie. Skacel could command that size of salary also. Am I right?

Doubt it's Skacel. Romanov would't pay someone that if he has no major sell-on value (being 31), Suso came from the Spanish 3rd Division so no chance it's him. It's probably Zaliukas, he's been on Kaunas contracts all his career, it won't surprise me if Romanov touts him down South or abroad at the end of the season for a few million, there's no way he would pay this if he wasn't going to get big money for him, the bigger the contract, the more transfer fee he can demand.

Mr Brightside

Posted this on the other thread.

I don't think it can be Ruben. If it was why wasn't he released at same time as Aguiar, Karipidis and Neilson rather than taking up the 2 year option we had?

I would guess Obua as he was a Casba favourite, but I don't know.

when did driver last pick up a contract? was it around the time of transfer interest? although i'd be surprised if he's not dealing with flat/car himself having been up here so long and having his family with him.

My guesses would be..

Ismael Bouzid

Ruben Palazuelos

David Obua

Marius Zaliukas

Andrew Driver

Whoever it is, they aint worth it.

The Old Tolbooth

My guesses would be..

Ismael Bouzid

Ruben Palazuelos

David Obua

Marius Zaliukas

Andrew Driver

Whoever it is, they aint worth it.

?19k per week should be what we're paying all 5 of them!

19k including flat, car etc makes me think its an oversees player.

*puts chips on Ruben*

Hit me. Hit me. Hit me.

Ah shit.

Astonishing really !

Miko was taking ?22k per week.

Most of the Kaunas players were on less than a grand a week, Velicka was reported to be on ?970 a week, hence the reason he left.

A colleague was going through a snagging list with a client this week on his property on the outskirts of Edinburgh, that we have just finished redeveloping... the client currently has a Hearts player living there. He described him as a tall Russian guy. The client told my colleague the player was on ?11k a week and was amazed that for all the money he was on he hadn't bought any furniture for the house!

All that was there apart from a bed and fancy tv arrangement was lots of Louis Vuitton luggage and lots of empty champagne bottles... plus lots of little shit marks from the players little dog that hadn't been cleaned up properly!

The only guy I could think of was Zal, but the little dog made me think it was Polish Dave, cos I've seen him walking similar little dog in the park.

Think if 11k is true we are still paying players way too much!

Rooney only re-signed for Man U as we were only prepared to go to ?200k a week plus expenses made up of London Street saunas.

Paulie Walnut

Not a chance we have a player earning anywhere near this.

Why would JJ lie to Robertson

People were speculating about Bouzid being on a ridiculous wage the other week so I'm guessing it is him. Whoever it is needs to get punted asap as we have no player worth that.

I don't see why supporters are so interested in what players earn, we are fans so should be solely concerned with the product on the pitch. If there are players earning too much or too little, that is up to the board or the management team to sort out and worry about.

I don't see why supporters are so interested in what players earn, we are fans so should be solely concerned with the product on the pitch. If there are players earning too much or too little, that is up to the board or the management team to sort out and worry about.

Statto,

We are giving someone ?20k a week with no creative midfielder, no recognised experienced right back, no cover at left back.

I think it is something that the fans should be interested in. We are part of the club.

Guest GhostHunter

Statto,

We are giving someone ?20k a week with no creative midfielder, no recognised experienced right back, no cover at left back.

I think it is something that the fans should be interested in. We are part of the club.

Or, they're making a short term hit, for longer term value.

ie pay Player Z ?19k a week for 3/4 of a season, then sell him in the summer for a ridiculous amount of money (potentially ?5m+).

That's my guess.

Not a chance we have a player earning anywhere near this.

Agreed, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're paying it.

Drylaw Hearts

ie pay Player Z ?19k a week for 3/4 of a season, then sell him in the summer for a ridiculous amount of money (potentially ?5m+).

That's my guess.

Funny.

That's my guess.

Who is this agent Z?

That's my guess.

Tactics that worked well with Craig Gordon :thumb:

Paulie Walnut

Tactics that worked well with Craig Gordon :thumb:

Gordon has bags of talent and worth ?9 mil, we don't have anybody in the squad worth even a third of that.

That's my guess.

So you're guessing Lee Wallace then.

I'll sleep easier tonight following the revelation that we have a ?5m+ player in our squad. :lol:

Think it is bullshit personally. The latest financial results showed employment costs of $200k a week which would include coaching and support staff.

These threads always come along and people state huge numbers are being paid to our players but if you added it all up the figures would come to way more than $200k a week.

Maybe $20k a month but not $20k a week.

Heard some time ago that Darren Barr was on a very good wage, somewhere in the region of 12 -13 k per wk. This was from a friend of a friend of the coaching staff. Seem to remember he was tipped to sign for a championship club then u-turned to sign for us. I was told the plan was to play him for around a year to 18mnths then punt him for a .decent fee.Honestly have no idea if true and given his form thus far, seems far fetched. However,he would not the first player at hearts to be on silly money

i'd hate to think this was true as it flies in the face of the new prudent image but i did hear from a very well connected (football) scout that rudi skacel's agent was seemingly telling anyone who'd listen that he'd got his client an 'amazing deal' out of romanov this second time around.

There are some really ridiculous posts on this thread.

So true. :lol:

On another note, seemingly Craig Thomson's dad has been telling all and sundry that his laddie is on ?47k a week plus bonuses. Sounds plausible to me.

All seems very unlikely. Driver will have got a good wage to sign the last big deal he got, Wallace should also be on good money. Rudi and Steven Elliott will get good money and Ruben's old deal and Zal's new one will mean they are amongst our highest earners. Can't see any of them getting near on ?20k a week though. If we have that sort of money to spend on wages we should be poaching the best players from the rest of the non-OF teams quite easily. Could we not pay about 6 or seven decent SPL players for that money.Not seen too much of that.

Archived