Lech Poznan v Man City and Liverpool v Napoli

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

Lech Poznan 1-0 up on City so far with a beautiful strike from outside the box which nestled in the corner, the atmosphere from the Poles is absolutely terrific!! That's how you support a team!!

In the later game, I fancy Liverpool to sneak past Napoli tonight, but it's going to be a dirty breeks job I think!

Lech Poznan 1-0 up on City so far with a beautiful strike from outside the box which nestled in the corner, the atmosphere from the Poles is absolutely terrific!! That's how you support a team!!

In the later game, I fancy Liverpool to sneak past Napoli tonight, but it's going to be a dirty breeks job I think!

Back 2-1 to the bin dippers.

These jokers should leave Yooro soccer to outfits that are properly equipped for it, such as Chelsea FC.

From what I've read elsewhere the Liverpool team is:

Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Greek cheat, Konchesky; Poulsen, Spearing, Meireles, Jovanovic, Shelvey, Ngog.

Which suggests hoping for a draw. :down::angry:

Losing patience with Woy.

The current match has been enjoyable and it was a good goal as well.

From what I've read elsewhere the Liverpool team is:

Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Greek cheat, Konchesky; Poulsen, Spearing, Meireles, Jovanovic, Shelvey, Ngog.

Which suggests hoping for a draw. :down::angry:

Losing patience with Woy.

The current match has been enjoyable and it was a good goal as well.

What a 'king joke! :(

Can't stand Liverpool :down:

No offence John :lol:

Neither can I, hate the 'kers but im backing them tonight and will be really dissapointed if thats anywhere near the team.

It is the team Praha.

Gerrard on bench and Torres sitting in the stand.

EDIT; Missed that bloody goal, well done ITV webshite.

Whatever Mancini said at half time seems to be working. A much more invigorated performance now from Citeh, players look much more up for it now. Lech still dangerous though.

The Old Tolbooth

Wtf is Woy playing at? I fancy a draw now as that's a weak side to put out in a European game that they could do with winning ffs!

Wtf is Woy playing at? I fancy a draw now as that's a weak side to put out in a European game that they could do with winning ffs!

The worst thing is he went on record as saying he was fielding a strong side. A few fans wouldve bought tickets for tonight based on that information!

Say What Again

The worst thing is he went on record as saying he was fielding a strong side. A few fans wouldve bought tickets for tonight based on that information!

He could argue he has fielded a strong side.

8 full internationals, a promising young 18 year old they paid about ?3m for, A French U21 international who must have played about 60 first team games, and Jay Spearing.

Only playing devils advocate, but while that's not Liverpool's strongest team, it is a strong team.

Roy playing it very smart here imo.

Resting the only 2 decent players they have and keeping them fresh for the relegation battle :whistling:

Resting the only 2 decent players they have

Utterly desperate straw-clutching measures as the scallies are facing Chelsea FC on Sunday. FTL

Utterly desperate straw-clutching measures as the scallies are facing Chelsea FC on Sunday. FTL

Hearts/Chelsea double for me on Sunday :thumbsup:

Would've liked to have seen Pacheco get some game time, cracking wee player.

As for Sunday, well, easy 3 points. :ninja:

The Old Tolbooth

Roy playing it very smart here imo.

Resting the only 2 decent players they have and keeping them fresh for the relegation battle :whistling:

Ha ha, shut it you! :D

Some goal by Poznan there :lol:

What A Goal!

After this exciting match I look forward to another rip snorter from Anfield.

I'm going to poznan to work for 3 months in 2 weeks time. I've got a ticket for the juventus game.can't wait.the atmosphere looks immense.

That third goal was immense!

CavySlaveJambo

Would've liked to have seen Pacheco get some game time, cracking wee player.

As for Sunday, well, easy 3 points. :ninja:

Me too.

This has been like pulling teeth!

It's not even that good...

Woy, your tactics are shite. Stop sitting back and have a go FFS!

About the only positive is that Shelvey doesn't look out of place for his 2nd start far better than Poulsen ( :yucky: ).

Get rid.

Gerrard coming on.

CavySlaveJambo

Napoli fans all over the ground in pockets...

Yes, some where denied entrance, they started fighting outside the Anfield Road End.

This could be dated on any day Liverpool have played for years.

I just don't get what it is with alot of managers when they play weakened sides.

Do they overrate the quality of the reserve players?

Underrate the quality of the opposition?

Or just not really care?

Infuriates me to be honest.

Graeme Taylor just saying how he disagrees with the resting of players - got to agree with him. It's a terrible practice imo.

Graeme Taylor just saying how he disagrees with the resting of players - got to agree with him. It's a terrible practice imo.

It's what he likes to call, 'player rotation'.

Seymour M Hersh

More fun getting teeth pulled I'd wager. If Hodgson thinks that lot out there will get out the group stage he is in the wrong job. Excluding the two young boys and probably the goalie I'd argue if any of them were of the required standard to play for LFC. Both full-backs are rank (why ?17m was paid for Johnson is beyond comprehension) the centre halves are slower than treacle (Jamie C well past his sell by date for me and the less said about the Greek cheat the better). Midfield is poor and set up negatively Paulson is horrendous the Portuguese may be a player but struggling with what's around. Spearing and Shelvey have a better attitude than the rest of them put together and Jovanovic is crap. As for Ngog...hopeless. Oh well here comes the saviour!!!

Napoli fans all over the ground in pockets...

Yes, some where denied entrance, they started fighting outside the Anfield Road End.

Any Italian linguists tell us what the banners are that the Napoli fans are holding up?

dry.gif Taken them down now!

They're a bad lot,Napoli.

...a bit disco

More fun getting teeth pulled I'd wager. If Hodgson thinks that lot out there will get out the group stage he is in the wrong job. Excluding the two young boys and probably the goalie I'd argue if any of them were of the required standard to play for LFC. Both full-backs are rank (why ?17m was paid for Johnson is beyond comprehension) the centre halves are slower than treacle (Jamie C well past his sell by date for me and the less said about the Greek cheat the better). Midfield is poor and set up negatively Paulson is horrendous the Portuguese may be a player but struggling with what's around. Spearing and Shelvey have a better attitude than the rest of them put together and Jovanovic is crap. As for Ngog...hopeless. Oh well here comes the saviour!!!

2 of the best things about liverpool these days.

Confident young buggers!

Say What Again

Was the last decent Liverpool game on TV the Istanbul CL Final?

And before that the two x 4-3s with Newcastle?

It feels like it.

I think Birmingham v Liverpool (whenever it is) could possibly be the dullest game of football ever.

CavySlaveJambo

I think Birmingham v Liverpool (whenever it is) could possibly be the dullest game of football ever.

Happened 0-0 draw

Return 23/4

Was the last decent Liverpool game on TV the Istanbul CL Final?

And before that the two x 4-3s with Newcastle?

It feels like it.

It's already happened this season.

It was on the TV and finished 0-0, unbelievably shit game.

Can't really disagree with that.

Woy is out of his depth.

Hopefully, with Mr Henry watching he can see that too.

Adebayor equalises for City

Did anyone else see that only two players went to congratulate Adebayor after his goal?

Say What Again

Happened 0-0 draw

Return 23/4

It's already happened this season.

It was on the TV and finished 0-0, unbelievably shit game.

:lol:

Genuinely didn't know that. I was basing it on what they're both like to watch.

Glad it lived up to expectations.

The Old Tolbooth

Agree entirely with that mate, that side isn't a patch on Liverpool teams of the past, utter dross!

The Old Tolbooth

Henry shaking his head in disbelief, he probably can't believe what the **** he's got himself into!!

Major investment coming in January I hope! :thumbsup:

Archived