Hearts Facebook Page

RoussetsShorts

RoussetsShorts

Dear oh dear, some of the characters on there are unreal. Foul language alongside horrific grammar & spelling, it really is depressing to see the level of education most folk on that page have aspired to.

Ken, likes, diney, cmoan, fi, wat, hppy, winin, goin.

HELP.

Pretty ironic that someone with the username "RoussetsShorts", sans apostrophe, should be pulling people up about their grammar.

Pretty crap that he's immediately gone offline after posting this...

He might be back now though.

Guest juvehearts

to be fair to most, you can text from a mobile phone.

and its not like it is a massive deal & not worth starting up a thread on a internet forum

juve

Who are you 2 judge?, get way the times and use the fast cool new lingo. U ken wht I am saying pal. Cmoan we are all jambos. Freedom of speech, well text !

:thumbsup:

and its not like it is a massive deal & not worth starting up a thread on a internet forum

juve

You would say that, tbf.

Dear oh dear, some of the characters on there are unreal. Foul language alongside horrific grammar & spelling, it really is depressing to see the level of education most folk on that page have aspired to.

Ken, likes, diney, cmoan, fi, wat, hppy, winin, goin.

HELP.

Dire post. When you see daylight try and pop yourself out of your own erse.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Dire post. When you see daylight try and pop yourself out of your own erse.

Being able to communicate in English is not a bad thing.

Being able to communicate in English is not a bad thing.

Agreed.

But what business is it of mine, yours or anyone else how people choose to electronically communicate?

I know perfectly literate people who text and email in text speak.

I choose not to but I'm certainly not going to make out that I'm smarter than someone just because I choose to type out full words instead of abbreviations.

Although I do say 'probs' quite a lot.

And I say lol a lot too.

You find other people's bad language, bad spelling and bad grammar on facebook depressing?

Think you need to get out more if that's the case. :rolleyes:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Agreed.

But what business is it of mine, yours or anyone else how people choose to electronically communicate?

I know perfectly literate people who text and email in text speak.

I choose not to but I'm certainly not going to make out that I'm smarter than someone just because I choose to type out full words instead of abbreviations.

Although I do say 'probs' quite a lot.

And I say lol a lot too.

I don't think it's text speak the OP is talking about, rather the lack of spelling or grammar. It really annoys me too, although I know it shouldn't, as you say it's really none of my business.

I don't think it's text speak the OP is talking about, rather the lack of spelling or grammar. It really annoys me too, although I know it shouldn't, as you say it's really none of my business.

Don't get me wrong, if I see something in a book or paper or report that's wrong my blood boils but one of the guys on this thread supporting the use of text speak is actually a very smart young guy in the real world and knows how to talk. It's the snobbery of looking down on someone and assuming they're thick because of using text speak that bothers me.

And I know I'm quoting you but this is really a go at the OP...who, as has been mentioned, has not placed an apostrophe in his username where there should be one.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Don't get me wrong, if I see something in a book or paper or report that's wrong my blood boils

My local paper The Alloa Advertiser last week had a picture of Wasps striker Bryan Prunty celebrating, with the caption "Hands up if your claiming the goal!"

I considered a strongly worded letter of complaint!

dobmisterdobster

juve

That is such a 2005 excuse.

Most phones nowadays have proper keyboards so there is no excuse for spelling and grammatical mistakes.

Pretty ironic that someone with the username "RoussetsShorts", sans apostrophe, should be pulling people up about their grammar.

I suspect that the board doesn't allow the use of non alpha-numeric characters in usernames.

Creepy Lurker

I used to get annoyed by other people's bad spelling and/or grammar on sites like this.

That was before I thought: 'how ridiculously snobby is it for me to effectively be looking down on others for not being as good at something as I am?'

People who constantly go on about grammar on sites such as this one just seem a bit insecure, like they feel that they always have to be proving to everyone how intelligent they are. Personally, I think that there are people on here who don't appear to be all that great with spelling or grammar - or who, if they are talented in that area, certainly don't show it on Kickback - who seem far, far more intelligent than such grammar Nazis.

My local paper The Alloa Advertiser last week had a picture of Wasps striker Bryan Prunty celebrating, with the caption "Hands up if your claiming the goal!"

I considered a strongly worded letter of complaint!

Could just be a typo to be fair. Or should I say tbf?

Archived