Winter Jackets

Carl Weathers

Looks quite different in this picture:

image1xl.jpg

I quite like it.

That's a slightly different jacket :whistling: There seems to be quite a few variations available. Found the one i posted above on the John Lewis wesbite

02001M027037_1_2.jpg that's with the buttons on the other side.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chaka Demus & pliers

That's a slightly different jacket :whistling: There seems to be quite a few variations available. Found the one i posted above on the John Lewis wesbite

02001M027037_1_2.jpg that's with the buttons on the other side.

I think you'll find that's exactly the same jacket Dave

I think you'll find that's exactly the same jacket Dave

Agreed - same jacket just done up all the way.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Unless there's a real tit behind it.

Well Carl Weathers is going to be wearing it so ....

Agreed - same jacket just done up all the way.

My brains on a go slow day, didn't think about folding the bits up, but where's the strap on the collar went?

I like military style jackets like that, pull them off incredibly well

championsleaguefan

Black Stone Island number. No not a casual or a wannabe casual just feckingg minted and cool as feck.

Part of my next pay will be put towards...

image1xl.jpg

OR

image1xl.jpg

The Luke one is ?120 (using my sisters NUS card) and the Boxfresh is ?85. I can't decide. Fashion Guru's of JKB any feedback would be appreciated. After all this may well be my attire for Easter Road, I need to represent.

Also as mentioned earlier in the thread I realise Luke is a risky make to be sporting, in terms of its nedish connotations, but I dont mind the jackets. Yeah I said it!

• 4 weeks later...

Big Green parka for me, cost over 200 quid, cant wear it in the car as it gets too hot.

Made by apha industries for the USA defence.

Are those not the jackets sold in TK Maxx for about ?20 because nobody ever buys them?

I really fancy this:

http://www.triads.co.uk/triads-i-c1/outerwear-c30/cro-jack-sonar-tweed-jacket-green-p55671

actually they have a couple of Cro'jack jackets I really fancy.

Also liking this monster of a jumper

http://www.triads.co.uk/triads-i-c1/jumpers-c36/cro-jack-navy-fisherman-sweater-p55692

think those should keep me cosy :)

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I really fancy this:

http://www.triads.co...et-green-p55671

actually they have a couple of Cro'jack jackets I really fancy.

Also liking this monster of a jumper

http://www.triads.co...-sweater-p55692

think those should keep me cosy :)

Those are tragic, mate. Sorry laugh.gifdown.gif

Try this instead

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_074010310560_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Men~Coats+%26amp;+jackets

Guest John Meurig Thomas

seriously, you are directing me to something on sale at Debenhams??? Are you 60? :P

Haha, you're the one that fancies a Tweed jacket! A green one at that :)

That jacket in the Debenhams link looks great imo. A must have for any young hoodlum.

Guessing all these poncy jackets are doing well in the snow then...

Though not, stop being women and buy a proper jacket ie. North Face, Helly Hanson, Outdoor Research etc that are waterproof rather than trying to look like George Clooney bumming Graham Norton in a blizzard.

Though not, stop being women and buy a proper jacket ie. North Face, Helly Hanson, Outdoor Research etc that are waterproof rather than trying to look like George Clooney bumming Graham Norton in a blizzard.

like this? http://uk.thenorthface.com/tnf-uk-en/men/jackets-vests/men-s-himalayan-suit.html?colour=725

Guest John Meurig Thomas

laugh.gif

There are a few shouts on this thread that are 'proper jackets' as you say, but there are even more that keep you warm whilst looking stylish, too.

I walked the ten minutes to Tesco last week and had to take my new one off on the way because it was too warm.

laugh.gif

There are a few shouts on this thread that are 'proper jackets' as you say, but there are even more that keep you warm whilst looking stylish, too.

I walked the ten minutes to Tesco last week and had to take my new one off on the way because it was too warm.

Yeh, last week. It isn't about keeping warm, it's about keeping windproof and most importantly dry. Then your layers underneath will keep you warm. It is all well and good homo-ing about in Milan when its freezing but dry in your football managers coat, but here, in snow and rain it will result in coldness and smelling like a damp dog.

This is what you're thinking of, aye?

160101400008_1_thumb.jpg

I have one of these! :thumbsup:

This is what you're thinking of, aye?

160101400008_1_thumb.jpg

I have one of these! :thumbsup:

More the sort, though maybe not in that colour scheme for me personally but yes, that would do the trick nicely.

tommythejambo

I'm going to keep on rocking t-shirts with the odd jumper thans very much.

I'm a real man.

I've still not gone one.

i can never manage to post pics but this is keeping me warm http://www.desigual.com/desigual/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=07E1908&categoryId=3E&searchurl=&catId=3E&navAction=push&navCount=0&selectedPage=&categoryNavIds=3%3A3E&sortCriteria=

a bit funkier than the ted baker in your first picture. you have to be a bit weird to pull it off ;) desigual are pretty out there and you've just gotta love their logo (i don't mean the stupid colourful one)

Carl Weathers

i can never manage to post pics but this is keeping me warm http://www.desigual.com/desigual/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=07E1908&categoryId=3E&searchurl=&catId=3E&navAction=push&navCount=0&selectedPage=&categoryNavIds=3%3A3E&sortCriteria=

a bit funkier than the ted baker in your first picture. you have to be a bit weird to pull it off ;) desigual are pretty out there and you've just gotta love their logo (i don't mean the stupid colourful one)

I still might get that Ted baker one.

Haven't seen anything else.

The trouble with the one you've posted is that it's not going to last as long as a subtle piece would.

I still might get that Ted baker one.

Haven't seen anything else.

The trouble with the one you've posted is that it's not going to last as long as a subtle piece would.

It will last years for me as its not fashionable and I'd bet nobody I know would ever buy one. Your ordinary geezer wouldn't wear it, its just for geeks

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Guest John Meurig Thomas

though I do own one too

I walked the 5 miles or so from Cameron Toll to Dalkeith this afternoon in the hoorin' snow in my lovely fashionable coat and I was warm as anything, btw.

Put a pic up for the rest of us? :D

http://size.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10701_11551_19332_455935_-1_clothing

Anything like that? Quite liking that, though not a jacket.

I did a wee Google search for one. Hope it's the same as the one I found. :rofl:

I'll leave Speedbump to show and tell, though - wouldn't like to jump to conclusions.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I did a wee Google search for one. Hope it's the same as the one I found. :rofl:

I'll leave Speedbump to show and tell, though - wouldn't like to jump to conclusions.

I really want to give it a Google but not wanting to ruin the surprise now.

What are you sporting this festive season, Thommo?

I really want to give it a Google but not wanting to ruin the surprise now.

What are you sporting this festive season, Thommo?

Still not got one yet - raging. :verymad: Currently trying to make do with last year's Topman coat.

Might take a wee trip into town tomorrow since I have another snow day though.

Felix Lighter

Got one of these last winter.Quite expensive,but it's quality,hand made,very warm.Delivered in a week.Was actually looking forward to winter so that I could start wearing it again.Luv it. :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/U-Boot-Ledermantel-WW2-Marine-Jacke-LEDER-Mantel-NEU-/280596852659?pt=Kleidung_Accessoires_Herrenbekleidung_Herrenjacken_M%C3%A4ntel&var=&hash=item870b76494b

• 8 months later...
Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Bump.

I will honestly buy one this year. laugh.gif Two in a row I've basically just looked around and said a lot of things. I never see anything I really want, and if I do it's sold out :(

Can't believe I read all this thread to then realise it was from 2010 ... all the posters in this thread are complete cockerels!!!!!!

Bump.

I will honestly buy one this year. laugh.gif Two in a row I've basically just looked around and said a lot of things. I never see anything I really want, and if I do it's sold out :(

Depressing that you have bumped this already.

Archived