Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers

What's everyone sporting?

I'm looking for something similar to the below, I think:

Ted Baker

short-military-reefer-19582_634178978567860540.jpg

Allsaints

MCJ503-360-1.jpg

I don't really want to spend ?250 though, so any good suggestions are welcome.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Have been waiting for this thread.

I was wearing a cropped mac last year but judging by the ranges out so far, it seems like you can't get one anywhere. Shame because I'm fond of them.

Like the two you've put up. I've no idea what I want.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Top thread, was gonna start it myself fairly soon if someone else hadn't.

http://www.bensherma...980_10551_24511

I'm quite liking this but I've not really shopped around for what I want this year. I'm trying to get away from black coats and jackets. That's all I have. I might try a grey one this year.

i am already equipped with crombie style overcoat, raincoat, padded parka and bubble jacket.

i believe the would-be stylish dandy about town requires a smart overcoat, which should be black.

Carl Weathers

Have been waiting for this thread.

I was wearing a cropped mac last year but judging by the ranges out so far, it seems like you can't get one anywhere. Shame because I'm fond of them.

Like the two you've put up. I've no idea what I want.

I've not tried anything on - probably go for something mid length this year and not one of the above. It has to be quite smart too as I'll wear it to the office.

http://www.bensherman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_12051_-1_29502_80980_10551_24511

I'm quite liking this but I've not really shopped around for what I want this year.

I like that but isn't it better in the summer?

What's everyone sporting?

I'm looking for something similar to the below, I think:

Ted Baker

short-military-reefer-19582_634178978567860540.jpg

Allsaints

MCJ503-360-1.jpg

I don't really want to spend ?250 though, so any good suggestions are welcome.

Winter Jacket?! Where do you live, Hawaii?

http://www.bensherma...980_10551_24511

I'm quite liking this but I've not really shopped around for what I want this year. I'm trying to get away from black coats and jackets. That's all I have. I might try a grey one this year.

Would you be angry if I got the same one?

We could wear it together...

Carl Weathers

Winter Jacket?! Where do you live, Hawaii?

I've got my North Face hillwalking special for rainy days.

The two I posted are probably too lightweight tbf.

Something like below might be okay (apart from the flashy buttons):

image1xl.jpg

I've got my North Face hillwalking special for rainy days.

The two I posted are probably too lightweight tbf.

Something like below might be okay (apart from the flashy buttons):

image1xl.jpg

Quite like that. :thumbsup:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

The neds have absolutely ruined Barbour.

Carl, what are your thoughts on Fjallraven? You seem clued up on this.

jambos are go!

?250 for a glorified reifer jacket. A weeks wages for someone on minimum wage. And they say there is a recession going on. And there is no need for a fairer distribution of wealth.

Just bought myself a new work coat which has set me back a bit for now......still considering a Barbour jacket for every day wear.

Konrad von Carstein

?250 for a glorified reifer jacket. A weeks wages for someone on minimum wage. And they say there is a recession going on. And there is no need for a fairer distribution of wealth.

I'm fairly certain that these guys hold down decent jobs and are just looking for decent quality stylish clothing here and have the disposable income to be able to afford it.

Don't put a downer on the thread. Even though I do agree with your genreal point that some brands take the piss with thier pricing)

Last year I took to wearing my thermal jacket for snowboarding it got so cold. Did I care that I wasn't the most stylish guy waiting on the bus? Did I ****! not when I was sound and toasty and I could see all the other poor souls freezing their arses off!

BoJack Horseman

Currently rocking my recycled coat from last year. Definitely in need of something new. I shall be keeping an eye on this thread for some ideas. Aberdeen is baltic right now.

Jackets are for poofs.

Agree my winter wear

Young laddies now a days Man the fLIck Up

Pretty Green Parka for me this year. As one poster says, neds have hi-jacked Barbour so mines shall be ditched for this winter.

Just dry-cleaned my DAC heavy jacket, 3 year old but only used during the winter,.

I went looking for a new jacket last week and the style I seen is just the same style of my old jacket :thumbsup: . I hear you shout cheapskate..... :whistling: ..

If its not broke , dont change it , :thumbsup: .

Its a nice dark , rusty clay / maroon colour :thumbsup: and thick as hell.

The People's Chimp

I'm looking as well; nowhere has quite what I'm after. It's pretty disappointing, as I'm currently wearing an overcoat which was drafted in as an emergency for work, but is a bit big and not really as fitted as I'd like.

I'm looking as well; nowhere has quite what I'm after. It's pretty disappointing, as I'm currently wearing an overcoat which was drafted in as an emergency for work, but is a bit big and not really as fitted as I'd like.

Whats wrong with the one in your avatar,...??? Warm , itchy , heavy, donkey hair coat... :whistling:

Duck and Cover have a few good heavy ( Hitler style) ( army jacket ) style, waist length Jackets. The coulors are a ( dark grey/ black )They are well worth the money for warmth + chill factor,.

I have the clay/ red myself.

The People's Chimp

Whats wrong with the one in your avatar,...??? Warm , itchy , heavy, donkey hair coat... :whistling:

Duck and Cover have a few good heavy ( Hitler style) ( army jacket ) style, waist length Jackets. The coulors are a ( dark grey/ black )They are well worth the money for warmth + chill factor,.

I have the clay/ red myself.

I had one and some coont chored it in london. Looking for similar. thumbsup.gif

Miller Jambo 60

Pretty Green Parka for me this year. As one poster says, neds have hi-jacked Barbour so mines shall be ditched for this winter.

Big Green parka for me, cost over 200 quid, cant wear it in the car as it gets too hot.

Made by apha industries for the USA defence.

I had one and some coont chored it in london. Looking for similar. thumbsup.gif

Dirty Hobos. <_< Have alook at DAC ,, pricey but good heavy hard wearing jackets :thumbsup: .

Big Green parka for me, cost over 200 quid, cant wear it in the car as it gets too hot.

Made by apha industries for the USA defence.

Green?

Hobo!

Love that one. :) I don't want to click the link to see how much it costs, though! :o

Yuk thats pure poofy.

Are you a man or a mouse ????...

Carl Weathers

Yuk thats pure poofy.

A classic Hugo boss coat poofy?

deary me...

Commander Harris

I dont buy HG can you explain ?.

hugo boss have a policy of only selling to heterosexuals, ergo this jacket can't be gay. ?

hope this helps. ?

hugo boss have a policy of only selling to heterosexuals, ergo this jacket can't be gay. ?

hope this helps. ?

Iam As quick as a fortnight sometimes!!!.

Jobby jabbers Jacket = JJJ

hugo = Real Men.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Yuk thats pure poofy.

What sort of coats do you wear, then?

Edit : John, Pressley wore a grey suit when we played them away last month (I feel gay for remembering this). sweat.gif I'm fairly sure it's the model that is evoking this terrible image.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

You're letting me down, Sheddites. The annual Winter Coat/Jacket threads are usually brimming with quality suggestions from our more stylish posters which cater to our eclectic tastes. This year's effort is lacking, somewhat. :(

I get my student loan in a few weeks and will have a decent payday from work, so I'm definitely in the market.

I dont buy HG can you explain ?.

Hugo Boss made uniforms for the SS and they hated gays.

:unsure:

As much as it hurts me to say it, some of the G-Star ones are not too bad this year.

Just hope the neds go for Luke or L&S ones this year.

Archived