U19s hammered by Accies

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I'm not surprised that no one has bothered to create a thread for this morning's game after the U19s suffered a 7-0 trouncing by Hamilton. There were no excuses for Hearts as they were 2nd best in everything they did.

Hamilton are a good footballing side and scored some excellent goals, while Hearts could barely get a shot on target all game.

Hearts fielded their stongest available line up but I think too many of them played as if they believed that they are better players than what they are. Hopefully the reverse will knock some sense of reality into their play for next week, in that they must to play as a team and be prepared to work harder both with and without the ball.

I don't think many of them will be out on the town tonight as Darren Murray plans to have them back in training early tomorrow morning.

MOTM was Jordan Kirkpatrick of Hamilton who I think scored 4 of the Hamilton goals including some great strikes.

Footballfirst

FF is this a hickup (albeit a really embarrassing one) or are there problems?

I certainly hope that it was a hiccup, but there have been some strange results in the U19s this season. Hamilton lost 8-0 to Celtic earlier this season, yet Hearts should have beaten Celtic a few weeks ago. 2nd bottom ICT beat 2nd top Aberdeen, yesterday.

I've seen all U19s teams (with the exceptiopn of Rangers) play at least once this season, and Hamilton 4 times now. I would rate them as 2nd only to Celtic in terms of footballing ability, which makes it all the more surprising that they haven't got the results to match. That said, everything they tried today came off for them.

There are a few of the Hearts players that need to get back to the basics of the game and look to improve their performance week on week. I suspect that one or two may think that they have already "made it". Today's preformance should be a rude awakening for them, and I don't think Darren Murray will be shy about telling him so.

Footballfirst

What was the team?

Fairley

Mullen McCormack Hamilton McHattie

Morton (Patterson) Holt Prychynenko Smith (Carrick) King (Murdoch)

Ogleby

Drylaw Hearts

FF is this a hickup (albeit a really embarrassing one) or are there problems?

I blame the Goalie Coach.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Fairley

Mullen McCormack Hamilton McHattie

Morton (Patterson) Holt Prychynenko Smith (Carrick) King (Murdoch)

Ogleby

Sack the lot of them. :angry:

Apart from Billy King.

jamboinglasgow

It was an odd match, I would echo FF that Hamilton were the better team. But I would also say that it was a freak result, just like Celtic beating Hamilton 8-0 on the first game of the season. It will be sore one for the team and they will lick their wounds after this and I certain they will come out fighting at next weeks game against Motherwell to prove it was a freak result.

On a sidenote, it was interesting to see one of the Hamilton players with the nickname "Caniggia" due to his hair and hair band like the great Argentinian, I would love to see more Scottish players take on that look.

Footballfirst

On a sidenote, it was interesting to see one of the Hamilton players with the nickname "Caniggia" due to his hair and hair band like the great Argentinian, I would love to see more Scottish players take on that look.

Hibs U11s had a player with a similar look yesterday, the smallest guy on the park but their best player. Scored a good goal with his head too. You can see a couple of pictures of him on the HYDC site. U11s Gallery

Archived