V St Johnstone - friendly

centre forward

no. 16 was C Hamilton.

Obua falling out with St J players was cos one of them threw the ball at him when he was on the deck and a foul had been given. Handbags tho.

cheers, i saw him throw the ball, then the pair of them were squaring up at the edge of the box. Like you say handbags.

did u see the first goal?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've said before, money clearly isn't everything if manager after manager start falling out with you know who after 5 minutes, is it?

Incidentally, as an aside: you know how much Craig Levein was paid per year when he first got the job here? ?45,000. :rofl: And I bet he'd say the Hearts job then - even with all the cost cutting he had to do, and the owner he had to work for - was more attractive than it is now.

We would still be swamped with applicants. Not everyone is finacially secure enough Shaun to pursue academic study for most of their adult lives, most people need money and as such the Hearts job with an above industry average salary, remains attractive....and of course Levein would find it more attractive then, he was managing Cowdenbeath, now he is managing Scotland! :woot:

However I will repeat again, JJ is the best man for the job, I want him to stay and at this stage there is no evidence of any 'fall out' anyway, other than classic Lawson supposition.

centre forward

cheers, i saw him throw the ball, then the pair of them were squaring up at the edge of the box. Like you say handbags.

did u see the first goal?

Yes- after good build up Gary Glen finished from inside box.

We would still be swamped with applicants. Not everyone is finacially secure enough Shaun to pursue academic study for most of their adult lives, most people need money and as such the Hearts job with an above industry average salary, remains attractive....and of course Levein would find it more attractive then, he was managing Cowdenbeath, now he is managing Scotland! :woot:

However I will repeat again, JJ is the best man for the job, I want him to stay and at this stage there is no evidence of any 'fall out' anyway, other than classic Lawson supposition.

Neither am I - hence I'm not! Get with the times, Martin; my days in academia are a thing of the past. :thumbsup:

Neither am I - hence I'm not! Get with the times, Martin; my days in academia are a thing of the past. :thumbsup:

Well done you! How many years studying in total was it? :woot:

If Zaliukas has asked for the money that has been rumoured on here, then it's obvious to me that he's trying to work his ticket. Some players approaching the end of a contract are honest in their intentions and continue to give their all for their club (Barr last season for Falkirk is a good example) whilst some make ridiculous demands knowing full well their current club can't compete (Zal, as we're led to believe).

That being the case, I'll be disappointed if JJ brings Zaliukas back into the team on Saturday. I want to see players who are committed to playing for Hearts and not going through the motions. We need to stick with a settled back 4, even if we take a few hidings and learn a few harsh lessons. The constant chopping and changing is simply adding to the problem.

Great to hear Gary Glen getting a few today. The arrival of Kyle and S Elliot seems to have brought out the best in the guys we already have. Also good to see Driver getting some game time.

Well done you! How many years studying in total was it? :woot:

By 'studying', Martin, you make it sound like I was working hard, all hands to the pump and all that? I prefer to use the phrase 'was a student'. :woot:

I may well have been nine at the time but Look at the facts and tell me what else has JJ done since?

I bet your on the 'JJ can do nothing wrong bandwagon.'

and THAT is laughable.

I agree those who come across like jj is immune to criticism seem very stupid as do those who think he can do nothing right. As for what he has done in his career - let's see how many seasons Killie stay up without him and let's see where hearts finish in the league this season ( if he's still here ).

Whoever Vlad gives us next, :thumbsup:

but seriously, a manager that knows a bit more than just how to keep players fit, a bit of tactical knowledge like Craig Brown, Walter Smith. Some defensive discipline wouldn't go a miss.

JJ = Hoofball.

ONE TRICK PONY. FACT.

Not a fact, but then you wouldn't know as you weren't old enough to watch him at his peak. :thumbsup:

I will remind you and the Kickback massive that you said you would be "delighted" to watch Jefferies fail. You must have been "delighted" the last few games, most of us were not.

Johanes de Silentio

As I've said before, money clearly isn't everything if manager after manager start falling out with you know who after 5 minutes, is it?

Incidentally, as an aside: you know how much Craig Levein was paid per year when he first got the job here? ?45,000. :rofl: And I bet he'd say the Hearts job then - even with all the cost cutting he had to do, and the owner he had to work for - was more attractive than it is now.

Forty five grand a year? That's laughable to you, is it? :blink:

I never saw the full game but Zal looked good at the back, commanded the defense and he played well alongside kucharski.

Nice to see big Kosovo Dave get a run out. If I remember correctly he played a couple of games at the end of last season and put in a decent shift. Nothing fancy, but solid in the tackle. He certainly can't be any worse than what we've endured in the last 2 games.

Not for me, silly! For the manager of Scotland's third biggest club even ten years ago, I'd say 'laughable' pretty much covers it, yes.

Nice to see big Kosovo Dave get a run out. If I remember correctly he played a couple of games at the end of last season and put in a decent shift. Nothing fancy, but solid in the tackle. He certainly can't be any worse than what we've endured in the last 2 games.

I think we tried to get rid of him in the summer so its not likely he'll get a shot. But he was fairly solid alongside zal and it cant be worse than bouzid and barr or mrowiec. Worth a shot vs Rangers.

Johanes de Silentio

Not for me, silly! For the manager of Scotland's third biggest club even ten years ago, I'd say 'laughable' pretty much covers it, yes.

I knew you'd say that! :thumbsup:

Not a fact, but then you wouldn't know as you weren't old enough to watch him at his peak. :thumbsup:

I will remind you and the Kickback massive that you said you would be "delighted" to watch Jefferies fail. You must have been "delighted" the last few games, most of us were not.

Aye ok. Delighted. Arse. :rolleyes:

That's why I said I'd be delighted if Zal can play on Saturday.

I dont understand the point of freezing players out. If someone wants to go then they want to go and there is not a lot you can do to stop them.

I understand that football clubs need to make money from player sales but they must also play the best available team. At least thats what I want from my ticket money.

At the moment we are short at the back so we might as well take it on the chin and play him. My guess is that he will play well to get noticed by other clubs which will benefit Hearts. Freezing him out just means we have to pay him to do nothing and it may bring negativity squad. If we had played Gon?alves he might of helped us get a European spot last season and, as he look like he is without a club, he might of resigned for us rather then sitting doing nothing. But I assume me burnt our bridges with him.

Also weird that we have one rule for some players and another for others. Look at Karipidis and Bruno which both thank Hearts after they left.

In a footballing environment, yes. Probably comparable with a good 19 year old who is on the fringe of an upper SPL first team squad.

You've been raging ever since JJ was appointed, and clearly made your mind up then and then. You also described JJ's predecessor here as an 'excellent manager'. :rofl:

You've been raging ever since JJ was appointed, and clearly made your mind up then and then. You also described JJ's predecessor here as an 'excellent manager'. :rofl:

WTF had he done since returning?!?!?

Csaba with this team would have at least 4 more points. Would not have been embarrased from Celtic and wouldn't get pumped of rangers this coming saturday!

It was the exact word you used, you said you would be delighted. I cannot fathom why any Hearts fan would be delighted if our manager failed as, I am sure you understand, our team would be failing as well.

Ach leave him, he was playing with his pokemon when Jefferies was in charge first time round.:thumbsup:

If JJ is going to pull off a daft stunt like this he's better waiting until we have a chance of a clean sheet so when he has to explain his actions he can say look at this. We could quite easily still concede 4 with No.26 on Saturday, mainly coz he's crap.

I'm a fan of Zal - but IIRC when Rangers thumped us 4-1 earlier this year, Zal was in the team and the goals we conceded that day were very very soft.

WTF had he done since returning?!?!?

Csaba with this team would have at least 4 more points. Would not have been embarrased from Celtic and wouldn't get pumped of rangers this coming saturday!

Hmm - Csaba with this team...

St Johnstone (h) D 1-1

Hamilton (a) D 0-0

Dundee U (h) D 1-1 (if we were lucky)

Celtic (a) L 0-1

ICT (a) D 1-1

Motherwell (h) D 0-0

That's three fewer points, actually. Even if we'd scrambled a win at Hamilton via Csaba's revolutionary 9-1-0 formation, we'd still be behind where we are under JJ.

And I answered your earlier question about JJ - which you repeat over and over again as though it's a cast iron fact - a few posts above.

I'm a fan of Zal - but IIRC when Rangers thumped us 4-1 earlier this year, Zal was in the team and the goals we conceded that day were very very soft.

Zal is not the key to victory but he is our best central defender by a long way. He can only help matters not win us the match.there is a time and a place for two wingers and two up front and it sure as hell ain't Saturday.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He has been in the team for plenty heavy defeats and has been the cause of many soft goals.

No.26 gets better every day he is not playing.

He has been in the team for plenty heavy defeats and has been the cause of many soft goals.

No.26 gets better every day he is not playing.

I agree AP, but, the thing is, I hope we are both wrong. If we are not, then I fear we are gonna see a lot of goals shipped behind Kello over the next few months.

Johanes de Silentio

In a footballing environment, yes. Probably comparable with a good 19 year old who is on the fringe of an upper SPL first team squad.

Quite a jump from Levein's salary at Cowdenbeath. :thumbsup:

there's a multitude of possibilities DM - your suggestion is equally as plausible and likely as the other poster who seems to think JJ will go out on a limb and play Zali regardless of VR approval or not.

CB

There has been a meeting of minds between player and club - believe talks have partially resummed but I am not sure any agreement is likely right now. No money in the pot.

CB

There has been a meeting of minds between player and club - believe talks have partially resummed but I am not sure any agreement is likely right now. No money in the pot.

PTBCAL, are you able to clarify if zals (likely) inclusion is with romanovs approval?

PTBCAL, are you able to clarify if zals (likely) inclusion is with romanovs approval?

Bottom line is that Zal is probably the best defender we have fit atm, and if he is demanding the amount that's reported, then he knows it and is holding the club to ransom.

No way worth the reported 20k pw if that's accurate but we are so low on options we unfortunately need him for Saturday..

Could stall him by saying he'll get 20k pw and to come in on monday to sign a contract. By that time the rangers game will be over and they can tell him to gtf :whistling:

Bottom line is that Zal is probably the best defender we have fit atm, and if he is demanding the amount that's reported, then he knows it and is holding the club to ransom.

No way worth the reported 20k pw if that's accurate but we are so low on options we unfortunately need him for Saturday..

Could stall him by saying he'll get 20k pw and to come in on monday to sign a contract. By that time the rangers game will be over and they can tell him to gtf :whistling:

Thanks for your input. Ever considered a career in politics?

Thanks for your input. Ever considered a career in politics?

Thanks for the thanks..Whats got your goat, lighten up a bit :whistling:

I thought I was being light.

Spoken would be easier to understand, unfortunately certain humor just cannot be translated in print...if so i apologize :ermm:

wouldnt read too much into this but a mate of mine was talking to Zal in a club on Saturday, she didnt know him n asked wot he does.. he told her he works in Tesco. She couldnt believe it wen i told her who he is

wouldnt read too much into this but a mate of mine was talking to Zal in a club on Saturday, she didnt know him n asked wot he does.. he told her he works in Tesco. She couldnt believe it wen i told her who he is

laugh.gif so he's running his contract down to get a free transfer to Tesco

All i was told that JJ was prepared to play Zal regardless of the consequences - however as talks are on-going this might the get-out clause to suit all parties.

scott herbertson

It's probably Tesco in Vilnius - I understand Cesnauskis is the manager there, and Barasa is the security man.

What's he done since?

- Finished 3rd with us in 2000. How exactly was he supposed to do any better?

- Finished 4th with Killie in 2003. Very good; they were hardly going to do any better than that.

- Finished 6th, 5th and 5th over three seasons on the bounce with Killie, with a fine young side which also reached the League Cup Final. Kille fans were absolutely delighted by all of this, because it came at a time they were drastically cutting costs.

- Then things began to go wrong. Why? Because key players were sold to service the debt. Killie now entered a phase where they were *this* close to administration; and where they knew that relegation would probably spell the end of their existence. That being the case, JJ did well to keep their heads above water.

There's no question that by his final couple of years, he was going stale there, and they and he needed a change. After eight years at one club whose potential is very limited, that's hardly unusual. Overall, he did a more than solid job there. I'd love to know what on earth you think he should've achieved beyond what he did; and for him doing a perfectly solid job there, read him doing the same here, which I've no doubt he will.

Where`s Wrighty boy? :whistling:

I agree those who come across like jj is immune to criticism seem very stupid as do those who think he can do nothing right. As for what he has done in his career - let's see how many seasons Killie stay up without him and let's see where hearts finish in the league this season ( if he's still here ).

no, as wrighty thinks, i don`t think JJ is immune to criticism. The said poster is just another example of a modern day fan wanting success yesterday.

But you know, and i find it bizarre, that so many seemingly do have a right spitefulness towards JJ.

I hold him in high regard as a manager who won Hearts their first trophy in 36 years with a fine footballing team who provided much joy and entertainment. Even before that he came in and steadied a sinking ship 3 years before and built half decent sides until that great season in 98.

He brought young players through and helped them progress and to the benefit of Hearts. Of course, he had his dark moments but what manager doesn`t unless you are Sir Alex?????

Thing is, he proved he can bounce back. We had a surprisingly horrendous season the year after the cup win but we came back and got 3rd the season after.

All im saying is, he deserves time and we all know there are players he and we don`t want at Tynie he has inherited. Until they go he`ll do his best to get whatever positives we can get from them but don`t expect miracles.

no, as wrighty thinks, i don`t think JJ is immune to criticism. The said poster is just another example of a modern day fan wanting success yesterday.

But you know, and i find it bizarre, that so many seemingly do have a right spitefulness towards JJ.

I hold him in high regard as a manager who won Hearts their first trophy in 36 years with a fine footballing team who provided much joy and entertainment. Even before that he came in and steadied a sinking ship 3 years before and built half decent sides until that great season in 98.

He brought young players through and helped them progress and to the benefit of Hearts. Of course, he had his dark moments but what manager doesn`t unless you are Sir Alex?????

Thing is, he proved he can bounce back. We had a surprisingly horrendous season the year after the cup win but we came back and got 3rd the season after.

All im saying is, he deserves time and we all know there are players he and we don`t want at Tynie he has inherited. Until they go he`ll do his best to get whatever positives we can get from them but don`t expect miracles.

:Agree:

I find it very surprising too. It particularly amazes me how some fans will say "Gordan Petric", as though one mistake somehow invalidates all JJ achieved here, all the brilliant signings he made, and the huge amount of money he made for the club too.

Archived