V St Johnstone - friendly

centre forward

If JJ really does play Zaliukas without permission on Saturday, then it indicates to me that he doesn't want the job any more.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have to realise anything and i don't have to reason with Romanov I just want Jim Jefferies to keep his job, playing power games with Romanov especially in public has only led to one outcome for all previous employees - rightly or wrongly it's his money, his club, he is the boss so Jefferies risking falling on his sword over Marius Zaliukas who might not be staying anyway unless he agrees a deal would be a dumb course of action in my opinion, it wouldn't do JJ any good, wouldn't do the players any good, wouldn't do Hearts any good so why do it?

Charlie

The abuse of JJ has already started on here over the last couple of weeks and will get worse unless JJ manages to turn the defence round.

Is that really what you expect from the manager of HMFC just roll over and let his tummy be tickled.

I don't have to realise anything and i don't have to reason with Romanov I just want Jim Jefferies to keep his job, playing power games with Romanov especially in public has only led to one outcome for all previous employees - rightly or wrongly it's his money, his club, he is the boss so Jefferies risking falling on his sword over Marius Zaliukas who might not be staying anyway unless he agrees a deal would be a dumb course of action in my opinion, it wouldn't do JJ any good, wouldn't do the players any good, wouldn't do Hearts any good so why do it?

Have to agree

If JJ wants to keep his job there is no point in encouraging an out and out confrontation with Vlad. The best hope anyone has is to somehow build a relationship with the mad one and allow him to believe he is making decisions but it is really you that has sown the seed.

JJ knows the score and it would be naive if he thought he was gonna change anything. I do not see JJ getting into out and out confrontation with Vlad until the day he decides he no longer wants the job and then does what he likes, therefater he isnt going to last long is he.

More uncertainty over the managers position is the last thing we need just now so I just hope JJ keeps cool and doesnt directly seek confrontation. bottom line is things wont change until the mad fud is out but we can hope we keep a Hearts man at the helm to impose whatever influence on proceedings he can however little it may be.

Equally I think supporters need a manager they can believe in. Personally, I think JJ is that manager.

I appreciate he has to have a bit of give and take otherwise the mad one will lose the plot as usual. Howver, If JJ allows Vlads bullshit to get in the way of football decisions too often, the feeling that he's a manager I can believe in won't last forever.

Didn't you think that about Csaba too?

As for JJ, I'm pretty sure he knew the rules before he jumped at the chance of coming back here. AS Charlie says, taking on Vlad in public usually only has one outcome for our managers.

The Future's Maroon

If JJ really does play Zaliukas without permission on Saturday, then it indicates to me that he doesn't want the job any more.

That comment to me is a load of bolloxs...doesnt want the job anymore, c'mon ffs?

Anyways, this whole playing someone with/without permission crap - JJ should play him because the TEAM needs him to be playing. If the Mad one take hum-bridge to that then we can deal with that then...I get the feeling that if JJ goes because of team selection issues Vlad wont be able to do anything to win the fans over this time.

Has Zal not also been injured recently anyway? Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he couldnt play because he wasnt fit...I believe Driver went to Lith to have contract talks about a month ago - not seen it announced he has signed a new deal...will he be excluded once fully fit?

Away to hide in my cupboard now! :ninja:

Aye, good point Charlie. Never mind trying to win football games. Never mind the fans who'll be paying good money for a ticket on Saturday. We can't go upsetting Vlad.

I remember a rather embarrassing 6-2 defeat at the hands of Lochend Brazil when the manager was allowed to play his own choice of central defender. Still I think it's fantastic that you're now in effect a Zal convert. That tells us your hate for VR is greater than your hate for Zal.

Yes it must be a tough decision for some on here..Vlad or Zal who do we stick up for?

Doesn't matter because it's all guess work anyway

Zal is yet another player whose ability has multiplied while out. (I want him to play and sign a contract.)

Surely people on here don't believe other clubs for contract / financial reasons don't let a player play?

Anyway we will wait and see. It doesn't bother me as much as our manager being told who is to play or who can't for footballing reasons.

Unless JJ wants to retire there will be no stand off anyway.

That comment to me is a load of bolloxs...doesnt want the job anymore, c'mon ffs?

Every manager who defies Vlad has been fired. I'm not sure why JJ would think it would be any different for him.

The Future's Maroon

Every manager who defies Vlad has been fired. I'm not sure why JJ would think it would be any different for him.

I commented on you saying that it indicates to you that he doesnt want it anymore - if he didnt want it anymore, he'd quit?

Not wanting a long debate, I only commented on your comment!! If we disagree, cool! :teehee:

I commented on you saying that it indicates to you that he doesnt want it anymore - if he didnt want it anymore, he'd quit?

Not wanting a long debate, I only commented on your comment!! If we disagree, cool! :teehee:

Yeah maybe. I'm just not sure what he could hope to gain.

rudi must stay

Most employees who defy their boss in any walk of life find themselves seeking new employment.

it's different if you're the bosses best employee though..

rudi must stay

The fact remains the same.

suppose so. At the moment though with our injury situation we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot not playing him..

It would indicate to me he believes he is right person to decide who plays for the benefit of what happens on the pitch

It would indicate to me he believes he is right person to decide who plays for the benefit of what happens on the pitch

And it indicates to me we will have yet another manager soon. A change we can do without IMO.

From what Ive read and heard in the aftermath of the Motherwell, I think Saturday v Rangers will bring a lot of issues to a head.

JJ seems to have had enough of Vlads interference and will play Zal on Saturday rgardless of whether its sanctioned. JJ knows we could be on the end of a pumping on Saturday and as a Jambo and a professional, he wont want to be associated with that - thats why he will want Zal in the team.

If JJ is sacked then good on him for sticking to his principles. However, what that would do, beyond any shaddow of a doubt in my mind, is end any hope that Hearts can continue under Vlad's ownership. If a die hard like JJ cant cope with Vlad's ways then Im not interested in the type of manager that would be brought in to replace him.

We as fans would have to stand up and say no more. I personally couldnt take any more and I really hope that otehrs like me that have so far avoided protests and proper action like NOT RENEWING A SEASON TICKET would have to take a stand against the way the club is run.

And it indicates to me we will have yet another manager soon. A change we can do without IMO.

JJ isn't stupid, surely he wouldn't jeopardise his own position or that of his coaching staff by picking a fight that he's unlikely to come out the winner based on previous employees that went against Romanov , iam sure he far more savvy than that especially when he'd be contradicting his own previous actions regards how Goncalves and Paul Ritchie were frozen out.

JJ isn't stupid, surely he wouldn't jeopardise his own position or that of his coaching staff by picking a fight that he's unlikely to come out the winner based on previous employees that went against Romanov , iam sure he far more savvy than that especially when he'd be contradicting his own previous actions regards how Goncalves and Paul Ritchie were frozen out.

I hope if he plays him it is with the owners approval. I don't see any value in playing zal and starting a battle with vlad, that jj will lose, that will be damaging for the club and ultimately cost him his job.

Dougie Masterton

Apologies, i havent read all of the posts, but could it be talks have resumed between Big Zal and the club, hence the reason he's back in the frame?

I hope if he plays him it is with the owners approval. I don't see any value in playing zal and starting a battle with vlad, that jj will lose, that will be damaging for the club and ultimately cost him his job.

Jim Jefferies has managed to avoid being sacked at most of his clubs over a long managerial career and unless iam wrong i don't think he will throw away what is likely to be his last good paying job before retirement over this issue even if he finds it frustrating or a hindrance not being able to play Zaliukas or getting Skacel instead of Capaldi or Hartley ... JJ's not stupid.

Apologies, i havent read all of the posts, but could it be talks have resumed between Big Zal and the club, hence the reason he's back in the frame?

there's a multitude of possibilities DM - your suggestion is equally as plausible and likely as the other poster who seems to think JJ will go out on a limb and play Zali regardless of VR approval or not.

Johanes de Silentio

I don't want JJ as manager

You get whoever Vlad gives you - that's how it works! :thumbsup:

Who do you want, by the way?

The Future's Maroon

One thing this and the other threads on the subject will do is give the press all the ammunition to try and have us in 'turmoil' in the lead up to the game on Saturday - it is one of the OF we are playing. :whistling:

that's just crazy man talk. folk wont thank you for spoiling their fun.

From what Ive read and heard in the aftermath of the Motherwell, I think Saturday v Rangers will bring a lot of issues to a head.

JJ seems to have had enough of Vlads interference and will play Zal on Saturday rgardless of whether its sanctioned. JJ knows we could be on the end of a pumping on Saturday and as a Jambo and a professional, he wont want to be associated with that - thats why he will want Zal in the team.

If JJ is sacked then good on him for sticking to his principles. However, what that would do, beyond any shaddow of a doubt in my mind, is end any hope that Hearts can continue under Vlad's ownership. If a die hard like JJ cant cope with Vlad's ways then Im not interested in the type of manager that would be brought in to replace him.

We as fans would have to stand up and say no more. I personally couldnt take any more and I really hope that otehrs like me that have so far avoided protests and proper action like NOT RENEWING A SEASON TICKET would have to take a stand against the way the club is run.

In one of my many previous "clashes" during a Vlad Sheep / Kicker thread I raised the season ticket idea as the ONLY way to "hurt" Vlad if anything does hurt him....didn't go down well mate :)

I think even Vlad's mob would have to sit up and take notice if JJ left as the other previous incumbents departed.

Anyway lets just hope it doesn't come to that - we have had a fairly positive start to the season and the last 2 results have just highlighted our weaknesses.

You get whoever Vlad gives you - that's how it works! :thumbsup:

Who do you want, by the way?

Whoever Vlad gives us next, :thumbsup:

but seriously, a manager that knows a bit more than just how to keep players fit, a bit of tactical knowledge like Craig Brown, Walter Smith. Some defensive discipline wouldn't go a miss.

JJ = Hoofball.

ONE TRICK PONY. FACT.

but seriously, a manager that knows a bit more than just how to keep players fit, a bit of tactical knowledge like Craig Brown, Walter Smith. Some defensive discipline wouldn't go a miss.

JJ = Hoofball.

ONE TRICK PONY. FACT.

Who would you want though, neither of thos two would come so who?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If JJ is going to pull off a daft stunt like this he's better waiting until we have a chance of a clean sheet so when he has to explain his actions he can say look at this. We could quite easily still concede 4 with No.26 on Saturday, mainly coz he's crap.

If JJ is going to pull off a daft stunt like this he's better waiting until we have a chance of a clean sheet so when he has to explain his actions he can say look at this. We could quite easily still concede 4 with No.26 on Saturday, mainly coz he's crap.

But the alternative might involve a defeat which has lasting damage on the squad.

JJ = Hoofball.

ONE TRICK PONY. FACT.

Is that your date of birth in your username? If so, it shows. You`d be nine when JJ produced one of Hearts better sides in the last 15 years.

Quite laugahble your last line if you are serious.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

But the alternative might involve a defeat which has lasting damage on the squad.

It's Rangers. Heavy defeats are hardly groundbreaking.

4-5-1 and breaking up play as much as possible is our best option here. Players will raise their game anyway, I'd imagine.

Is that your date of birth in your username? If so, it shows. You`d be nine when JJ produced one of Hearts better sides in the last 15 years.

Quite laugahble your last line if you are serious.

I may well have been nine at the time but Look at the facts and tell me what else has JJ done since?

I bet your on the 'JJ can do nothing wrong bandwagon.'

and THAT is laughable.

It's Rangers. Heavy defeats are hardly groundbreaking.

4-5-1 and breaking up play as much as possible is our best option here. Players will raise their game anyway, I'd imagine.

Certainly agree with you about 4-5-1. At the risk of sounding like a man obsessed, I'm thinking of changing my username to FourTwoThreeOne. :) As for the weekend: I think we'll lose either 0-2, 1-2 or 1-4. And at present, am leaning towards 1-2.

Right, there are plenty of fecking threads debating the whole vlad/JJ/Zal thing, any chance of getting more info from the game today because there's bugger all on pg 2

I may well have been nine at the time but Look at the facts and tell me what else has JJ done since?

and THAT is laughable.

What's he done since?

- Finished 3rd with us in 2000. How exactly was he supposed to do any better?

- Finished 4th with Killie in 2003. Very good; they were hardly going to do any better than that.

- Finished 6th, 5th and 5th over three seasons on the bounce with Killie, with a fine young side which also reached the League Cup Final. Kille fans were absolutely delighted by all of this, because it came at a time they were drastically cutting costs.

- Then things began to go wrong. Why? Because key players were sold to service the debt. Killie now entered a phase where they were *this* close to administration; and where they knew that relegation would probably spell the end of their existence. That being the case, JJ did well to keep their heads above water.

There's no question that by his final couple of years, he was going stale there, and they and he needed a change. After eight years at one club whose potential is very limited, that's hardly unusual. Overall, he did a more than solid job there. I'd love to know what on earth you think he should've achieved beyond what he did; and for him doing a perfectly solid job there, read him doing the same here, which I've no doubt he will.

Right, there are plenty of fecking threads debating the whole vlad/JJ/Zal thing, any chance of getting more info from the game today because there's bugger all on pg 2

I never saw the full game but Zal looked good at the back, commanded the defense and he played well alongside kucharski. Im not sure who was left back but it was no.16 for anyone there. Mcgowan right back, but he didnt push forward and played like a centreback. Danny Thomson was pretty good on the right, made a few good runs forward. Novikovas also looked good, saw more of the ball as he was upfront and made a few good runs. Had a shot which hit the post and glen tapped it in for his second. Park and Skacel were centre mids but didnt do much, a few good touches. Obua was squaring up to a few of the st j players, not sure why. He didnt do to much when i was there.

Johanes de Silentio

and THAT is laughable.

Yup - we get it - you dinnae want JJ! :thumbsup:

Who do you want, given that the two you mention (Brown & Smith) currently have gigs?

Name names. :thumbsup:

If no 16 was left back I'd reckon it was Matty Park

How did he look?

How was Glen apart from his goals?

Nah i recognised park, for some reason he was centre mid towards the end. Glen did a lot of running upfront,had a few chances too, better than hoofing it like vs m'well.

If JJ has been explicitly told not to play Zaliukas and does so anyway, knowing full well what the consequences are likely to be, I honestly wonder what his state of mind is.

Jim Jefferies presence at the club as a stabilising influence and developer of young players is worth far more that playing one half decent centre half in a game we are likely to lose anyway.

If JJ has been explicitly told not to play Zaliukas and does so anyway, knowing full well what the consequences are likely to be, I honestly wonder what his state of mind is.

Jim Jefferies presence at the club as a stabilising influence and developer of young players is worth far more that playing one half decent centre half in a game we are likely to lose anyway.

In that scenario, I'd suggest his state of mind would be:

"Why should I carry the can for results when I can't pick who I want to pick? And if I roll over and have my belly tickled, Vlad'll just try something worse down the line".

If it happened, things came to a head down the road and JJ left, it's also a surefire bet you'd then be on here telling us all how wonderfully attractive the Hearts job is. Before turning on the next man and saying "he knew what he was getting himself into" the moment things go wrong.

In that scenario, I'd suggest his state of mind would be:

"Why should I carry the can for results when I can't pick who I want to pick? And if I roll over and have my belly tickled, Vlad'll just try something worse down the line".

If it happened, things came to a head down the road and JJ left, it's also a surefire bet you'd then be on here telling us all how wonderfully attractive the Hearts job is. Before turning on the next man and saying "he knew what he was getting himself into" the moment things go wrong.

?200,000 a year to manage the best football club in Edinburgh whilst living and working in one of the most beautiful cities in the world continues to make the job very attractive, hence we are swamped with applicants every time it comes up...and are you honestly trying to claim JJ didn't know what he was getting himself into when he took the job? Are we to assume that Goncalves wasn't part of his strongest team from January to May?

I absolutely want JJ to stay as head coach of HMFC. He is the best man for the job and his presence is greatly stabilisng for the club. However he knows how Romanov works and like it or not must respect that if he wants to retain his job. For the good of Hearts in the longer term, he must think seriously about whether the decision to play one player is worth the downward spiral it will send Hearts into should he be sacked.

centre forward

no. 16 was C Hamilton.

Obua falling out with St J players was cos one of them threw the ball at him when he was on the deck and a foul had been given. Handbags tho.

?200,000 a year to manage the best football club in Edinburgh whilst living and working in one of the most beautiful cities in the world continues to make the job very attractive, hence we are swamped with applicants every time it comes up...and are you honestly trying to claim JJ didn't know what he was getting himself into when he took the job? Are we to assume that Goncalves wasn't part of his strongest team from January to May?

I absolutely want JJ to stay as head coach of HMFC. He is the best man for the job and his presence is greatly stabilisng for the club. However he knows how Romanov works and like it or not must respect that if he wants to retain his job. For the good of Hearts in the longer term, he must think seriously about whether the decision to play one player is worth the downward spiral it will send Hearts into should he be sacked.

As I've said before, money clearly isn't everything if manager after manager start falling out with you know who after 5 minutes, is it?

Incidentally, as an aside: you know how much Craig Levein was paid per year when he first got the job here? ?45,000. :rofl: And I bet he'd say the Hearts job then - even with all the cost cutting he had to do, and the owner he had to work for - was more attractive than it is now.

Archived