V St Johnstone - friendly

centre forward

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to mention the first centre half.

whats your take on that. could it mean hes getting played to gain fitness for saturday?

OR am i reading too much into it and jj is just keeping him fit in case he agrees a deal?

Malcolm Tucker

Boris - I expect Zal to be starting on Sat mate.

I like this post. Is everything 'sorted' then or are they just taking a different course of action from what they did with Goncalves?

Can I expect you to be playing on Thursday?

We can read into it that Vlad's ban doesnt stretch to bounce games. Or if it does, JJ will be out a job by tea time...

:lol:

I think JJ is going to take that risk.

I like this post. Is everything 'sorted' then or are they just taking a different course of action from what they did with Goncalves?

Jose played at Tannadice when we were dwon to bare bones

No one else spotted this?

Yes maybe Stewart impressed and they're taking him off early cos he'll be needed for saturday. :stuart:

Jambof3tornado

Left back choice very interesting indeed....

I did say in another thread that it was the turn of the gangsta to play leftback!

1 nil hearts - Glen

Subs

Park for c thomson

D Thomson for black

Has JJ finally heeded our calls to give this lad a chance?

Not playing Thursday mate. You missed a couple of cracking finishes from myself today - right peg as well.

No - I believe JJ is out on a limb with this one.

Cue Zal having a mare and shit hitting the fan on saturday !

:o

Is Romanov coming over then, boxing gloves on and ready to confront his many critics...??? :ninja::woot::whistling:

I think JJ is going to take that risk.

I hope JJ would only play Zaliukas with everyones agreement including Romanov or if Zal signs a new deal to stay, it's not worth JJ & VR having a major confrontation over a player who is out of contract in a couple of months and will be leaving anyway unless a new deal is agreed, we don't need more aggro at tynecastle and i hope JJ doesn't instigate any especially when he publicly backed the very similar Goncalves situation last season.

Guest JamboRobbo

I hope JJ would only play Zaliukas with everyones agreement including Romanov or if Zal signs a new deal to stay, it's not worth JJ & VR having a major confrontation over a player who is out of contract in a couple of months and will be leaving anyway unless a new deal is agreed, we don't need more aggro at tynecastle and i hope JJ doesn't instigate any especially when he publicly backed the very similar Goncalves situation last season.

Well I hope JJ plays the team JJ wants to play, and tells the mad one to fire him if he doesn't like it.

Have to agree Charlie . The club and players needs a manager who is going to bring a feeling of stability. Jj is that manager

Guest JamboRobbo

Have to agree Charlie . The club and players needs a manager who is going to bring a feeling of stability. Jj is that manager

Equally I think supporters need a manager they can believe in. Personally, I think JJ is that manager.

I appreciate he has to have a bit of give and take otherwise the mad one will lose the plot as usual. Howver, If JJ allows Vlads bullshit to get in the way of football decisions too often, the feeling that he's a manager I can believe in won't last forever.

Well I hope JJ plays the team JJ wants to play, and tells the mad one to fire him if he doesn't like it.

Then who would you fancy to take over from jj. Oobviously after we go through the next transfer window without being allowed to sign anyone.

What good would that do? We need Jim Jefferies doing good work more than we need Zaliukas in the team on saturday if JJ has been given clear management instructions from the board that Zaliukas doesn't play then he'd effectively be puting himself if a sackable position, I don't see what good would come of it trying to play power games with the owner especially when he backed exactly the same management decisions 6 months ago - doesn't put him in a good position.

Guest JamboRobbo

Then who would you fancy to take over from jj. Oobviously after we go through the next transfer window without being allowed to sign anyone.

If JJ isn't being allowed to make the calls, does it really matter anyway?

I wasn't happy with the Goncalves situation last year, but put up with it because JJ said he was ok with it. JJ's made it clear he wants to play Zal. It sounds like he's even gonna go ahead and do it. If there is a bust up over that, I know who I back.

What good would that do? We need Jim Jefferies doing good work more than we need Zaliukas in the team on saturday if JJ has been given clear management instructions from the board that Zaliukas doesn't play then he'd effectively be puting himself if a sackable position, I don't see what good would come of it trying to play power games with the owner especially when he backed exactly the same management decisions 6 months ago - doesn't put him in a good position.

We could have the best manager in the world, but if Vlad doesn't let him choose the team he wants, then what's the point?

If JJ isn't being allowed to make the calls, does it really matter anyway?

I wasn't happy with the Goncalves situation last year, but put up with it because JJ said he was ok with it. JJ's made it clear he wants to play Zal. It sounds like he's even gonna go ahead and do it. If there is a bust up over that, I know who I back.

Of course it matters. Better to have jj in than some east European guy who needs to call Romanov before he can scratch his arse.

It doesn't matter who you'd back. Hearts are hardly a democracy

Guest JamboRobbo

Aye, good point Charlie. Never mind trying to win football games. Never mind the fans who'll be paying good money for a ticket on Saturday. We can't go upsetting Vlad.

We could have the best manager in the world, but if Vlad doesn't let him choose the team he wants, then what's the point?

The Board have always had to power to decide certain players weren't to be selected / frozen out for a variety of reasons and the manager just has to get on with it as best he can .... JJ even went along with some of these previous decisions (Ritchie & Gonlcaves immediately spring to mind) - I hope he either seeks and gets Romanov's agreement or else Zal signs a new deal to stay otherwise he shouldn't play and Jefferies shouldn't jeopardise he job in this instance.

Guest GhostHunter

The Board have always had to power to decide certain players weren't to be selected / frozen out for a variety of reasons and the manager just has to get on with it as best he can .... JJ even went along with some of these previous decisions (Ritchie & Gonlcaves immediately spring to mind) - I hope he either seeks and gets Romanov's agreement or else Zal signs a new deal to stay otherwise he shouldn't play and Jefferies shouldn't jeopardise he job in this instance.

The sooner you realise that Romanov is madder than a cabbage in heat, the quicker you'll see that you cannot reason with him.

didn't jose reappear for a short time when we were toiling while he was stuck in the long grass last season?

no matter. just delighted to hear there may be a chance of zaliukas reappearing.

The sooner you realise that Romanov is madder than a cabbage in heat, the quicker you'll see that you cannot reason with him.

I don't have to realise anything and i don't have to reason with Romanov I just want Jim Jefferies to keep his job, playing power games with Romanov especially in public has only led to one outcome for all previous employees - rightly or wrongly it's his money, his club, he is the boss so Jefferies risking falling on his sword over Marius Zaliukas who might not be staying anyway unless he agrees a deal would be a dumb course of action in my opinion, it wouldn't do JJ any good, wouldn't do the players any good, wouldn't do Hearts any good so why do it?

Guest JamboRobbo

so why do it?

cause JJ knows thousands of Hearts fans will be turning up at Tynecastle on Saturday hoping we at least put up some sort of fight. Therefore sending out the defenders who played against Falkirk and Motherwell is not an option.

cause JJ knows thousands of Hearts fans will be turning up at Tynecastle on Saturday hoping we at least put up some sort of fight.

Life at HMFC goes on longer than just Saturday's match JR - Jim Jefferies can do more good for Hearts by staying in his job as long as possible than trying to win power struggles with Romanov simply by defying him - that is a dumb way to go about trying to improve things in my opinion.

Archived