New Manager - Pre Season at the latest ?

vegas-voss

Ok so the season is coming to an end and no new manager has arrived no real point either as why pay the new guy money just now for nothing.So my point is this we have been told by various people from within Hearts that we will appoint a manager that the fans will be more than happy with.Ok so really there should be no excuses for not having a manager in place for at the very least the start of pre season(hopefully before so he can arrange pre season).If they know he will wow the fans they must have names they have spoken too even if they have said they have not spoken to anyone.

My fear is we will be linked with absolutely everyone in the summer and strung along right through pre season and then be told they could not find a suitable candidate.

Well as everybody else appears to go mental now that we haven't got one in place I am content to wait and let Shaggy do the caretaker job the now.

Pre Season is my deadline as well. Otherwise it will be far too late in terms of preparation for next season.

Clerry Jambo

If we were a professionally run football club a manager would be in place asap, to evaluate the current squad ( shouldnae be difficult!:rolleyes: ), determine positions required to be filled, go and get new players and be ready for Pre-season training to mould the squad into a SPL challenging side that a club like Hearts should always be...........

Now where is that CV;)

They'll have to announce someone or face the prospect of a big drop in season ticket sales. Too many people are resigned to the fact that the place is being a run in a shambolic way. That inevitably leads to people saying "well the club's not bothering so why should I?" And I hope they don't think that any announcement related to stadium redevelopment will have people flocking back to renew. They did that last year and it just won't wash anymore. For the record I will renew. But many won't unless they see major improvement to the coaching staff / players.

Drylaw Hearts

July 1st will be 6 full months since Hearts announced the search had begun for a new Manager.

If we can't deliver in that timescale then it will confirm to me, once again, that those running the Footballing side of the Club are taking the pi ss.

No Manager for Hearts = No Season Ticket for me.

Which will be the first time in over 20 years I've been without one.

Guest JamboRobbo

Yes, we need to appoint a manager in time for pre-season if we want to avoid a shambolic season.

Just like I said last year.

Deja Vu indeed.

Drylaw Hearts
Yes, we need to appoint a manager in time for pre-season if we want to avoid a shambolic season.

Just like I said last year.

Deja Vu indeed.

Indeed.

I wonder if the World reknowed Fitness Coach that is Eduard Malofeev will 'help' us with our Pre-Season this year ?

Someone needs to be appointed now so that he has time to plan for next season otherwise, no matter if we appoint someone in pre-season or whoever it is, he will need at least a season to stamp his mark on the club. So more of the same to look forward to next year. Where's the incentive to renew ST's other than "I would like to keep my current seat" although if the new stand is built you will have no diffculty finding a suitable, good seat.

What we've been forced to witness this season has been frustrating, boring, lacking inspiration and totally not what we've come to expect from our club. Even in the dark days you could see light at the end of the tunnell, you could forgive the players for lack of skill because they were not high wage earners. The club then was run within it's means which meant low wages and poor players. The same cannot be said for todays bunch of highly paid non-acheivers on the field and a backroom staff that would appear to have not a clue about what is required for the long term benefit of Hearts.

Indeed.

I wonder if the World reknowed Fitness Coach that is Eduard Malofeev will 'help' us with our Pre-Season this year ?

Thats why i would really love a new man appointed before the 3 week stint in Lithuania gets rubber stamped.

Drylaw Hearts
Thats why i would really love a new man appointed before the 3 week stint in Lithuania gets rubber stamped.

It won't happen.

IF we do get a new Manager before Pre-Season he'll have to make do with the arrangements put together by those who control the Pyramid of Pish.

Which will include :-

Trialists from Lithuania

Trialists from South America

It won't happen.

IF we do get a new Manager before Pre-Season he'll have to make do with the arrangements put together by those who control the Pyramid of Pish.

Which will include :-

Trialists from Lithuania

Trialists from South America

I never get the trialist from Lithuiania part.I mean they have seen them play all year so should know what they are capable of,what the hell is a bounce game going to show that they aint seen already.

Why the start of pre-season?

If it's a case of the person currently being in a job, why not the day after the season ends?

As always, it'll end up being a case of...

I'm giving him until pre-season starts. And that's it.

I'm now giving him until the season starts. And then that's it.

I'm now giving him until Christmas. And then that's it.

I'm now giving him until pre-season starts. And then that's it.

Repeat ad nauseum

Drylaw Hearts
I never get the trialist from Lithuiania part.I mean they have seen them play all year so should know what they are capable of,what the hell is a bounce game going to show that they aint seen already.

It's a sneaky one imo.

The Lithuanians are well into their Season by the time we start Pre-Season training.

They get invloved in matches and maybe don't appear to be that bad.

But by the time the rest of the Squad has had a few competitive matches under thier belts and regained match fitness the Lithuanians are still at the same level.

A level which is not good enough.

New manager has to be in by the first day of pre-season.

The new manager should be in place now - to assess the current squad over the remaining games this season and to cull those who just are not Hearts quality.

Hanging about until the the start of the pre-season build up is just plain stupid.

The only excuse for not having a manager in control yet, is that we he has agreed to come at the end of teh season. eg McGee.

If we still do not have anyone selected, then the Club are once again taking us for a ride.

That said, it is almost a year since i attended a Hearts match now and i wont be back until we have a manager in place.

If the new man is who many of us are being lead to believe ;) then I'm not sure if an announcement can be made pre -ST launch time ?

However I'm not too fussed about pre-season myself ( provided Malo-justed is nowhere to be seen :mad: ) because several managers have quoted our squad as being one of the best in the SPL ( and NOT just the largest ) so a decent manager should be able to cobble something together.

I know 'cobbling it together' doesnt sound very enthusing but I think, realistically, we need to just 'keep it real' first of all and a promising season is about as much as I'd be hoping for.

In saying that there is a good chance I wont renew anyway ( other factors too ) so my vote isn't really that valid :mw_rolleyes:

:107years:

Drew Busby !

If you want to see the short-to-medium term future at Hearts, then look the short-to-medium term past.

That tells us all we need to know.

Lets just face it Frail is the manager VR wants. Suits him to down to the ground. :(

So why constantly lie about saying the new man will wow the fans(not VR saying it by the way)if that is the case.

No Manager for Hearts = No Season Ticket for me.

Which will be the first time in over 20 years I've been without one.

Exactly the same for me mate.

Had one since 1982 and unless the [filter edit] pulls his fecking finger out it may be my last.

Ryan Gosling
Exactly the same for me mate.

Had one since 1982 and unless the [filter edit] pulls his fecking finger out it may be my last.

i thought that said '[filter edit] pills'.

then i laughed at what those would be like.

i thought that said '[filter edit] pills'.

then i laughed at what those would be like.

:laugh:

Maybe someone's been slipping them into his cabbage soup since October 2005.

They'll need to do a lot more than get a decent manager in before I renew the 2 season tickets in my household!! It's absolutely boring,degrading and embarrassing at times watching Hearts.Vlad is the culprit in all of this and I wish the press would give him a wake up call giving him plenty of stick for all that's happened.

I can't wait for the season to end and I'd rather do the odd jobs in the house than force myself along to the games just now.We need a total clearout of players and get some quality in but giving Kasanavicius another season gives me the feeling of another poor season as he is an example of the level of inconsistancy we have been watching week in week out.

The whole manager issue is just another mind game the dictator is playing with us and what decent manager would want to work under a man with severe mood swings who would never let anybody get on with the job on his own without meddling with everything that shouldn't concern him.I don't know but,I think Romanov has stepped too far as to ever having most of our trust again as he is a ticking time bomb and you never know what he is going to do.

How could any manager come to this club never thinking of how Romanov could severely disrupt the plans he had and possibly tarnishing any reputation this manager might have.Maybe that's the reason no one has came forward or we haven't found anybody yet?? If you were a manager who had a good reputation and were offered the Hearts job would you take it?? I wouldn't as it wouldn't be just other clubs you would be up against and I'm sure Vlad would see to that.As long as Vlad is here there will always be doubt,frustration and chasing our own tails.

They'll need to do a lot more than get a decent manager in before I renew the 2 season tickets in my household!! .

What seats are you in, If they are better than mine I might move!

If the new man is who many of us are being lead to believe ;)

:107years:

OK, so who are you being lead towards?

What seats are you in, If they are better than mine I might move!

You'll get plenty of choice so I wouldn't panic about getting better seats for another farcical season!!

bilston angel

My feeling at the moment is no manager no season ticket, certainly not a discounted early renewal unless things change then the final deadline will be when renewal is required will wait until then before making a decision.

They can't expect people to buy season tickets with the present lot of crap we are watching, and have to be up front with the plans for next season before the close season or sales will certainly be down.

Dirty Deeds

I predict Vlad uncovering some Eastern European fossil that will bolster the squad with some cheap Lithuanian imports who aren't even regulars in their national team.

I predict Vlad uncovering some Eastern European fossil that will bolster the squad with some cheap Lithuanian imports who aren't even regulars in their national team.

Where have you been hiding?? Haven't you heard of Malofeev or our current crop of Lithuanians??:(

I?m not buying my ST until we have a manager but I will buy one. I?m willing to forfeit the 5% reduced price this year...My quandry will be if we don?t appoint a manager but I don?t see that happening. No excuses this time from Vlad, he?s had plenty of time to get a good choice in.

Only a Game
My feeling at the moment is no manager no season ticket, certainly not a discounted early renewal unless things change then the final deadline will be when renewal is required will wait until then before making a decision.

They can't expect people to buy season tickets with the present lot of crap we are watching, and have to be up front with the plans for next season before the close season or sales will certainly be down.

I'll be quite honest here. I'll probably buy one even if we are going with Frail and basically the same squad. A lot of people would still buy if that was the case.

What I do want to do though, and what I WILL be doing and in my opinion EVERYONE should do it, is making a point of not renewing before a certain date where I feel a manager SHOULD be in place. Thats 30th June for me. If 4 or 5 weeks of a renewal period goes by and season tickets are not shifting that might well be enough to force Romanov's hand and actually do what we need done.

People renewing en masse at the discounted price will simply send the wrong message to Romanov and he'll believe he's got us by the balls again. He must be made to realise that we're not putting up with this crap much longer.

I would urge everyone, even those who WILL renew no matter what, to at least hold off for as long as they can and get some pressure put on here.

I'll be quite honest here. I'll probably buy one even if we are going with Frail and basically the same squad. A lot of people would still buy if that was the case.

What I do want to do though, and what I WILL be doing and in my opinion EVERYONE should do it, is making a point of not renewing before a certain date where I feel a manager SHOULD be in place. Thats 30th June for me. If 4 or 5 weeks of a renewal period goes by and season tickets are not shifting that might well be enough to force Romanov's hand and actually do what we need done.

People renewing en masse at the discounted price will simply send the wrong message to Romanov and he'll believe he's got us by the balls again. He must be made to realise that we're not putting up with this crap much longer.

I would urge everyone, even those who WILL renew no matter what, to at least hold off for as long as they can and get some pressure put on here.

Personally if I am asked to renew before we have a manager Hearts will be getting a firm letter telling them to get things sorted and then come back to me...

Only a Game
Personally if I am asked to renew before we have a manager Hearts will be getting a firm letter telling them to get things sorted and then come back to me...

Great idea if 5000 people were to do it. Pi ssin in the wind if 500 do it.

Great idea if 5000 people were to do it. Pi ssin in the wind if 500 do it.

If they send a stamped addressed envelope with the application form it wouldn't even cost a bolt to politely send the application back with a note saying "I'll consider it when you get a manager".

Only a Game
If they send a stamped addressed envelope with the application form it wouldn't even cost a bolt to politely send the application back with a note saying "I'll consider it when you get a manager".

Cant remember if they did or not last year.

Great little protest idea beginning to take shape there.

Cant remember if they did or not last year.

Great little protest idea beginning to take shape there.

I'm hoping he's got the message already, but if he hasn't there's no harm letting him know again.

Only a Game
I'm hoping he's got the message already, but if he hasn't there's no harm letting him know again.

When did the renewal notices come out last year ? 1st week in April or thereabouts wasnt it.

Cant see a manager being in place by then. unless its part of the ST launch.

When did the renewal notices come out last year ? 1st week in April or thereabouts wasnt it.

Cant see a manager being in place by then. unless its part of the ST launch.

Seem to remember that you had to buy yours by the end of May to get the discount so mid to late April sounds about right.

Only a Game
Seem to remember that you had to buy yours by the end of May to get the discount so mid to late April sounds about right.

To whom it may concern.

Thank you for invitation to renew my season ticket for season 2008/09.

May I refer you to the official club statement of 1st January 2008, in which it was stated that the club was actively seeking a new team manager, and specified the criteria that the new manager would have to fulfil.

I note with some disappointment that no such manager has yet been appointed and I am afraid that I am not prepared to make a final decision on whether to renew my season ticket until such time as the new manager is appointed, and I can take a view that the manager fits or does not fit the criteria that the club outlined.

I am of course, prepared to renew my season ticket immediatly following the appointment of such a manager and sincerely hope that this will be within the discounted renewal period, or if not, at least in good time to prepare the team for the start of next season.

I would like nothing better than to immediatly confirm my support, both vocal and financial for the club for the coming season, as I have done in previous seasons, but I regret to say that I am unable to commit to this whilst the club is not in a position to offer any tangible hope of improvement in the team's prospects for next season and beyond.

I very much look forward to hearing a public announcement from the club on this matter very soon. I will then be able to properly consider my position.

Regards

To whom it may concern.

May I refer you to the official club statement of 1st January 2008, in which it was stated that the club was actively seeking a new team manager, and specified the criteria that the new manager would have to fulfil.

I note with some disappointment that no such manager has yet been appointed and I am afraid that I am not prepared to make a final decision on whether to renew my season ticket until such time as the new manager is appointed, and I can take a view that the manager fits or does not fit the criteria that the club outlined.

I am of course, prepared to renew my season ticket immediatly following the appointment of such a manager and sincerely hope that this will be within the discounted renewal period, or if not, at least in good time to prepare the team for the start of next season.

I would like nothing better than to immediatly confirm my support, both vocal and financial for the club for the coming season, as I have done in previous seasons, but I regret to say that I am unable to commit to this whilst the club is not in a position to offer any tangible hope of improvement in the team's prospects for next season and beyond.

I very much look forward to hearing a public announcement from the club on this matter very soon. I will then be able to properly consider my position.

Regards

Well put. Every one asked to re-new should do a quick copy and paste job, print it off and fire it back to Hearts.

john brownlee

I just love it when these threads turn into "I wont be renewing my st "

na nan an an na.

I just love it when these threads turn into "I wont be renewing my st "

na nan an an na.

are we still getting our Afrcan Nations manager?

Geoff Kilpatrick

A downturn in ST sales would cause alarm in UBIG HQ for the first time. The bottom line with Vlad is that money is the only language that talks. The Umbro deal, remember, coincided with him drying up where the media was concerned.

So, withhold ST money until a manager is appointed.

To whom it may concern.

Regards

But everything is OK : Campbell Ogilvie is now CE/CEO/CIO/EIEIEIO, etc ,etc,

Didn't you know ?

Joking apart : great post.

Manager ? What manager ?

That never worked. :P

Frail will be given a two-year contract for the job, McCann will be his assistant and we will bring in no new players but bring through the youths. It is time.

If we were a professionally run football club a manager would be in place asap, to evaluate the current squad ( shouldnae be difficult!:rolleyes: ), determine positions required to be filled, go and get new players and be ready for Pre-season training to mould the squad into a SPL challenging side that a club like Hearts should always be...........

Now where is that CV;)

Spot on mate.

Been saying the same for weeks now.

Unfortunately, I can't see it happening.

Generic Username

I hope that something will be said at the AGM regarding a new manager and or hopefully the new stand.

I also worry that something will be said but it'll just be us getting fed a line to get us all whipped into a frenzy about next season and get us running out to buy a season ticket.

I like how Hearts keep you on your toes.

Archived