What now?

innerjambo

Having watched Hearts play six times this season, I have to say it looks

like we will be heading in one direction only, and that is down the table.

What shocks me the most is our passing, which, for an spl side expecting to challenge

for a european spot, is laughable. While the Motherwell players looked comfortable on the ball, making simple passes and looking creative going forward, we looked like a bunch of clueless amateurs. Although we held our own in the first half, I

thought our midfield had nothing to offer, and looked toothless. As for the second, we exposed our lack of confidence, inability to make a simple pass, and started hooooof the the ball to Kyle.

Some on here would have us turn things around, and the dont panic brigade especially will be constantly reminding

us how many games into the new season we are, and ffs get a grip. However I believe that at least 5 of the players

on show on Saturday, are at best 1st division standard and no more.

I thought after last season we needed to take drastic measures during the summer break. I said that JJ was focusing too

much on getting Bryson, and that we would be left with nothing in the midfield. That's exactly what happened, so now we will have to brace ourselves for another very, very long season.

What shocks me the most is our passing, which, for an spl side expecting to challenge

for a european spot, is laughable. While the Motherwell players looked comfortable on the ball, making simple passes and looking creative going forward, we looked like a bunch of clueless amateurs. Although we held our own in the first half, I

thought our midfield had nothing to offer, and looked toothless. As for the second, we exposed our lack of confidence, inability to make a simple pass, and started hooooof the the ball to Kyle.

Some on here would have us turn things around, and the dont panic brigade especially will be constantly reminding

us how many games into the new season we are, and ffs get a grip. However I believe that at least 5 of the players

I thought after last season we needed to take drastic measures during the summer break. I said that JJ was focusing too

much on getting Bryson, and that we would be left with nothing in the midfield. That's exactly what happened, so now we will have to brace ourselves for another very, very long season.

A last minute defeat in a cup game where we played with ten men and a loss to a very good Motherwell team. Bit dramatic don't you think?

As far as I can see our results are as good as almost any team in the SPL bar the OF and obviously 'well who are hardly pulling away

A last minute defeat in a cup game where we played with ten men and a loss to a very good Motherwell team. Bit dramatic don't you think?

As far as I can see our results are as good as almost any team in the SPL bar the OF and obviously 'well who are hardly pulling away

For a team with our resources, and compared to other teams in the spl, 8 points out of

a possible 18, is a poor start to the season in my book. I base my assessment on the quality

of certain players, over several games this season, and last , not just the last 2. I will stick by my opinion, that

quite a few of our players are rank rotten, and will never be any good no matter how long they play.

I can't disagree about any of the points mentioned. At the start of the season, there was a possibility we'd lose Wallace to another club or if he was to get injured and said we should be looking to find a left-back as a priority. We haven't replaced Goncalves or Berra so this should've been sorted immedietly. We also have 4 centre-halves that couldn't lace the boots of previous players, Levein, Weir, McLaren, McPherson, Ritchie, even Pressley, in Bouzid, Zaliukas, Barr and Kucharski. Also, all of them are right-sided and we have nothing on the left. Obua was apparently signed as a left-back but doesn't get a game and Skacel was a left-back but is pretty hopeless there anyway. Jonsson has filled in all over the pitch in so many games but left-back ain't one of them. Maybury was available on a free and had played this position before at Hearts quite competently considering he is also right-sided but he'd have been a better option than what we have but we let him sign for fekin St Johnstone!

I can't understand why Hearts can't get two or three players on-loan from England for a season either, it hasn't done Dundee Utd and Motherwell any harm. There is also some decent players in the lower Leagues down there who wouldn't cost the earth and would be worth a chance. I've said for a long time now that it's pretty obvious that our scouting system is very poor, also, why is it our players don't look fit in comparison to others? Ths fitness coaches and scouts should be booted into touch and proper ones brought in.

Incidentally, get ready for a backlash on here for having a point of view, there's a few on here who can't or won't take the maroon-tinted specs off and will probably start having a go. :rolleyes:

For a team with our resources, and compared to other teams in the spl, 8 points out of

a possible 18, is a poor start to the season in my book. I base my assessment on the quality

of certain players, over several games this season, and last , not just the last 2. I will stick by my opinion, that

quite a few of our players are rank rotten, and will never be any good no matter how long they play.

So you don't think other teams would be handicapped by not have players like Driver and Wallace available to them.

Add to that we have 2 international strikers (Kyle and S Elliott) who are still gaining match fitness then I think you are maybe just being a wee bit too dramatic

So you don't think other teams would be handicapped by not have players like Driver and Wallace available to them.

Add to that we have 2 international strikers (Kyle and S Elliott) who are still gaining match fitness then I think you are maybe just being a wee bit too dramatic

I will prove to you just how dramatic I was being at the end of the season. Andrew Driver wont fix

our abysmal central midfield (he's a winger). Wallace will help the defence, but its the central positions

leaking the goals. I have no problem with our strkeforce at the moment, albeit Kyle will probably tempt

our no confidence players into hoof ball. We shall see what transpires, but I reckon we are in trouble.

I will prove to you just how dramatic I was being at the end of the season. Andrew Driver wont fix

our abysmal central midfield (he's a winger). Wallace will help the defence, but its the central positions

leaking the goals. I have no problem with our strkeforce at the moment, albeit Kyle will probably tempt

our no confidence players into hoof ball. We shall see what transpires, but I reckon we are in trouble.

Out of interest why didn't you post this last week.

Oh that's right we won, so everything was fine then but we lost this week so lets all panic.

FYI both goals on Saturday came from the left where we just happen to be without the best left sided defender in the country due to injury.

Out of interest why didn't you post this last week.

Oh that's right we won, so everything was fine then but we lost this week so lets all panic.

FYI both goals on Saturday came from the left where we just happen to be without the best left sided defender in the country due to injury.

We look ok against the the Hamilton's and the ICT's of this world, I agree.

IMO, our best three "resources" aren`t available and that is much of the problem wallace, zal and driver would make a huge difference. we will see less and less of our poorer players iver the course of the season.

IMO, our best three "resources" aren`t available and that is much of the problem wallace, zal and driver would make a huge difference. we will see less and less of our poorer players iver the course of the season.

It would still leave our central midfield in a very bad way.

It would still leave our central midfield in a very bad way.

i agree. going right back to the close season, our priorities should have been - a centre forward (kyle), a creative midfielder to replace stewart/kingston then another forward.

i`m not going to pretend i thought a left back was a priority as i thought ruben was excellent when he played there last season.

what i will say is with everybody fit and a reasonably settled team i still think we will finish third. i had hoped for better than third but i concede that looks very unlikely already.

if you look at how hard we have been hit by injuries/suspensions already this season you`ll see it hasn`t helped matters.

Jesus H Christ on a bike. If this thread don't ******* well beat all. Drama queenery of the highest order. We got beat , that's football, GET ******* OVER IT!!!!!!

Personally i've seen enough to suggest the exact opposite to what you say. Saturday was a blip FFS, get a ******* GRIP!!!!

Sheesh!!

Hope for your sake we don't dare beat Rangers eh or this thread will look very foolish and premature.

I can't disagree about any of the points mentioned. At the start of the season, there was a possibility we'd lose Wallace to another club or if he was to get injured and said we should be looking to find a left-back as a priority. We haven't replaced Goncalves or Berra so this should've been sorted immedietly. We also have 4 centre-halves that couldn't lace the boots of previous players, Levein, Weir, McLaren, McPherson, Ritchie, even Pressley, in Bouzid, Zaliukas, Barr and Kucharski. Also, all of them are right-sided and we have nothing on the left. Obua was apparently signed as a left-back but doesn't get a game and Skacel was a left-back but is pretty hopeless there anyway. Jonsson has filled in all over the pitch in so many games but left-back ain't one of them. Maybury was available on a free and had played this position before at Hearts quite competently considering he is also right-sided but he'd have been a better option than what we have but we let him sign for fekin St Johnstone!

I can't understand why Hearts can't get two or three players on-loan from England for a season either, it hasn't done Dundee Utd and Motherwell any harm. There is also some decent players in the lower Leagues down there who wouldn't cost the earth and would be worth a chance. I've said for a long time now that it's pretty obvious that our scouting system is very poor, also, why is it our players don't look fit in comparison to others? Ths fitness coaches and scouts should be booted into touch and proper ones brought in.

Incidentally, get ready for a backlash on here for having a point of view, there's a few on here who can't or won't take the maroon-tinted specs off and will probably start having a go. :rolleyes:

I'd like to think all Jambos have 'maroon tinted specs'. Why is this a bad thing. I just don't get 'supporters' like you and the OP. If we are that gash why the **** do you even bother supporting Hearts? Seriously though, if all you can see on the pitch are sub-standard crappy players playing really crap and the only way is down and all that bollocks why don't you just go and support Rangers?

You like that wouldn't you..

Jesus H Christ on a bike. If this thread don't ******* well beat all. Drama queenery of the highest order. We got beat , that's football, GET ******* OVER IT!!!!!!

Personally i've seen enough to suggest the exact opposite to what you say. Saturday was a blip FFS, get a ******* GRIP!!!!

Sheesh!!

Hope for your sake we don't dare beat Rangers eh or this thread will look very foolish and premature.

If we beat Rangers, you can tell me all about it next weekend. If our performances keep

us in the top 5 between now and January, you can come and tell me all about it. I wont

be holding my breath, we ARE that bad!!

its easy to lose sight of things after a defeat and i don`t mean to preach or to sound patronising but we will get things working better in defence. sticking to mrowiec and bouzid for a few games wil help as part of the problem is too much chopping and changing in the middle of defence. in the short term a 5 man midfield could offer the back 4 a bit more protection.

what you should also bear in mind is, outwith the old firm, none of our opponents are without fault. they will go through periods of leaking goals, missing sitters, and losing games they should win as well.

You like that wouldn't you..

Absolutely not, sorry to disappoint. I can only judge the team on the performances they give, the commitment

on the park, the ability of certain players. I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong, but I live in the real world.

Absolutely not, sorry to disappoint. I can only judge the team on the performances they give, the commitment

on the park, the ability of certain players. I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong, but I live in the real world.

In the real world, though, are we, after six games played, the 4th best team in Scotland?

I would suggest, as unhappy as we may be with some recent defeats, the results show that we are.

its easy to lose sight of things after a defeat and i don`t mean to preach or to sound patronising but we will get things working better in defence. sticking to mrowiec and bouzid for a few games wil help as part of the problem is too much chopping and changing in the middle of defence. in the short term a 5 man midfield could offer the back 4 a bit more protection.

what you should also bear in mind is, outwith the old firm, none of our opponents are without fault. they will go through periods of leaking goals, missing sitters, and losing games they should win as well.

I hear you John, but you know what really got me on Saturday, the basic passing is

so awful, it beggars belief.

I hear you John, but you know what really got me on Saturday, the basic passing is

so awful, it beggars belief.

some of the passing was horrific. the long punts up to kyle were embarrassing.

we can and will play better though.

Give us a break please!

I?m more critical than most on this forum but I have to say, what a pile of tosh this is!

We are losing goals because we are missing players in defence and when you lose goals easily you are always up against it and chasing games. Wallace and Zal have been key players for us and it looks like we are simply struggling to get a solution. If Zal is looking for Premiership wages, then there is not a lot you can do about it apart from telling him to GTF. Not playing him is a reminder to him and more importantly to everyone else at Hearts to know where the line is. This is unpleasant for us but if you make it easy for him, he won?t be the last player who leaves us.

As a football team we at least definitely now got goals in us, which is significantly more than we had last year. Even Clum has managed to get some and he is absolutely hopeless. I'm actually greatly encouraged with the difference Kyle has made up front and I have a feeling Skacel and S.Elliott will also be real assets when fully fit. Templeton is getting better all the time and even Suso seems more up for it. I just hope Kyle does not get injured or we would appear to be completely screwed. Driver will eventually be back and will probably not be sold at Christmas as he will not be fit, so we should get at least 6 months from him.

I have a feeling our defensive problems are going to give us grief for a while and this will probably make the whole team look bad for some time. I would be introducing some young blood at the back now as they simply can?t be any worse than some of the experienced lot that we are playing.

Ruben - GTF

Black ? GTF

Barr ? Seriously running out of chances at Hearts, although does seem better in a stable defence where his pace is not exposed.

Thomson Twins ? Really have to find some form fast .

Clum ? Back to usual at the weekend, so I would persevere with S.Elliot until he finds his feet.

I'd like to think all Jambos have 'maroon tinted specs'. Why is this a bad thing. I just don't get 'supporters' like you and the OP. If we are that gash why the **** do you even bother supporting Hearts? Seriously though, if all you can see on the pitch are sub-standard crappy players playing really crap and the only way is down and all that bollocks why don't you just go and support Rangers?

Why don't i go and support Rangers!? I'm from Edinburgh mate, not Glasgow, i don't gloryhunt like thousands of others in this country that can't get to Parkheed and Hunbrox week in, week out quick enough! That's half the problem with football in this backwater place.

Incidentally, do you think some of the players are anywhere near as good as players of the past? Am i wrong to compare? A lot of it is down to useless scouting and players picking up injuries etc, in the "Dad's army" days of the early/mid 80's a lot of our players were at the end of their careers yet they were all fit to play at the start of seasons, players nowadays are too namby-pamby, a boot up the jacksy and some stamina fitness down the sand dunes of Gillan is needed. Alex McDonald would never have put up with what goes on these days.

As for the maroon tinted specs comment, some folk just don't like admitting how poor we are at times, teams like Motherwell and St Johnstone were regularly smacked into touch and occasionally it's worth taking a step back and looking around you. I've been going to Tynie for the best part of 30 years so i think that entitles me to an opinion.

Why don't i go and support Rangers!? I'm from Edinburgh mate, not Glasgow, i don't gloryhunt like thousands of others in this country that can't get to Parkheed and Hunbrox week in, week out quick enough! That's half the problem with football in this backwater place.

Incidentally, do you think some of the players are anywhere near as good as players of the past? Am i wrong to compare? A lot of it is down to useless scouting and players picking up injuries etc, in the "Dad's army" days of the early/mid 80's a lot of our players were at the end of their careers yet they were all fit to play at the start of seasons, players nowadays are too namby-pamby, a boot up the jacksy and some stamina fitness down the sand dunes of Gillan is needed. Alex McDonald would never have put up with what goes on these days.

As for the maroon tinted specs comment, some folk just don't like admitting how poor we are at times, teams like Motherwell and St Johnstone were regularly smacked into touch and occasionally it's worth taking a step back and looking around you. I've been going to Tynie for the best part of 30 years so i think that entitles me to an opinion.

teams like Motherwell were often smacked into touch however they also have given us quite a few doings as well, the fortunes of Hearts and all of the other SPL clubs has always been up and down, good seasons, mediocre seasons and bad seasons, good results and bad results even in the same week or can you remember some golden age since the 1970's that i must have missed?

This season I have seen us...

Outplay St Johnstone but not quite win it due to our first choice forwards not being fit

Destroy Hamilton in a delicious performance :thumbsup:

Outclass Elgin and score a good number of goals :thumbsup:

Play well against last season's cup winners and lose an 85th minute wondergoal that no keeper could have saved to get a draw

Lose to Celtic in a controversial encounter

Come from behind and score 3 at Inverness to win in appalling weather in what is almost always a difficult game

Go down fighting with 10 men to Falkirk, and scoring 3 goals with one player less

Get outclassed by Motherwell.

The only game I could claim to be really unhappy at is the Motherwell game.

Outplay St Johnstone but not quite win it due to our first choice forwards not being fit

Play well against last season's cup winners and lose an 85th minute wondergoal that no keeper could have saved to get a draw

Come from behind and score 3 at Inverness to win in appalling weather in what is almost always a difficult game

Go down fighting with 10 men to Falkirk, and scoring 3 goals with one player less

Your specs are indeed very maroon!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Thankfully a bit of sense has entered the thread

After Saturday, yes we looked shite, but I've got news for some of you so are the rest of the league

The league is full of varying levels of shite, some days some are better than others

I like your optimism.

teams like Motherwell were often smacked into touch however they also have given us quite a few doings as well, the fortunes of Hearts and all of the other SPL clubs has always been up and down, good seasons, mediocre seasons and bad seasons, good results and bad results even in the same week or can you remember some golden age since the 1970's that i must have missed?

True that these type of teams have beaten us in the past but they were rare occasions and when they did, they were even more delighted by doing than they would be now as they saw Hearts as a major scalp. I started going in '82 and yes we were particularly bad in the 70's but that was before my time so i can't realistically comment on then. I go back to what i've said in previous posts, there's something not right about our scouting when other smaller clubs can get players on lower wages from down south or wherever to fill in a problem position and we don't. Also, our players appear less fit than our opponents so there's another problem, one that's been going on for about 4 seasons.

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder if that's the best they've played all season by a country mile?

I wonder if they will play that well again this season let alone next Saturday?

I hope to feck we can't play that badly again.

True that these type of teams have beaten us in the past but they were rare occasions and when they did, they were even more delighted by doing than they would be now as they saw Hearts as a major scalp. I started going in '82 and yes we were particularly bad in the 70's but that was before my time so i can't realistically comment on then. I go back to what i've said in previous posts, there's something not right about our scouting when other smaller clubs can get players on lower wages from down south or wherever to fill in a problem position and we don't. Also, our players appear less fit than our opponents so there's another problem, one that's been going on for about 4 seasons.

bollocks, one example is I can remember a spell in the 90s when we couldn't buy a result against Motherwell

Plus it's all about contacts, the better players in the Motherwell team were brought up by their ex-manager (I can't remember his name) so he brought players up who he had seen play first hand and thought could do a job

we can't see every game, scouting can sometimes be about luck as much as anything else

I think we will get better a the season progresses so I'm not to worried. Losing Wallace has been a major blow. Driver, Skacel, Elliott and Kyle will all get better with games. Central defence and Midfeild are our weakest areas and we've always struggled at right back (I'm hoping Barr can improve and make this position his own). Some of the players aren't producing the form they are capable of but if two or three of these can hit form we will do alright.

At the moment I think we will finish 4th or 5th, if we are still close enough to 3rd around the turn of the year I feel we can get there.

Say What Again

:rofl:

<br />Why don't i go and support Rangers!? I'm from Edinburgh mate, not Glasgow, i don't gloryhunt like thousands of others in this country that can't get to Parkheed and Hunbrox week in, week out quick enough! That's half the problem with football in this backwater place.<br />Incidentally, do you think some of the players are anywhere near as good as players of the past? Am i wrong to compare? A lot of it is down to useless scouting and players picking up injuries etc, in the "Dad's army" days of the early/mid 80's a lot of our players were at the end of their careers yet they were all fit to play at the start of seasons, players nowadays are too namby-pamby, a boot up the jacksy and some stamina fitness down the sand dunes of Gillan is needed. Alex McDonald would never have put up with what goes on these days.<br />As for the maroon tinted specs comment, some folk just don't like admitting how poor we are at times, teams like Motherwell and St Johnstone were regularly smacked into touch and occasionally it's worth taking a step back and looking around you. I've been going to Tynie for the best part of 30 years so i think that entitles me to an opinion.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

We have had a few honking players over the years, I defy you to name a team we have had that has not included two or more 'duffers' at any given time.

Actually our record against Murderwell isn't that great in the SPL - played 43, won 20, lost 15, drawn 7, we don't 'regularly smack them into touch' i'm afraid, it's fairly even between us.

I think folk need to remember we have scored 16 goals in 7 games. The season hasn't started that badly, we are still 4th in the league despite Saturdays poor performance.

We look ok against the the Hamilton's and the ICT's of this world, I agree.

The same Hamilton who were a minute away from taking a point of the huns

and the same ICT who only lost to sellik by a single late goal

You are entitled to be happy with the way we're playing so far, or at least content. I on the other

hand, think our passing is terrible, and we look disjointed. I was hoping for more at this point, even

with injuries. As soon as we come up against a half decent team, we get found out.

You are entitled to be happy with the way we're playing so far, or at least content. I on the other

hand, think our passing is terrible, and we look disjointed. I was hoping for more at this point, even

with injuries. As soon as we come up against a half decent team, we get found out.

Did I say I was happy ?

I was merely pointing out that you seem to dismiss "the likes of Hamilton & ICT" as poor teams yet they more than held their own against the teams I presume you are looking up to.

I too was hoping for a better return on our home matches up to this point but I believe that our FULLSTRENGTH (key point here) team would have taken at least 7 out of the 9 points available.

Did I say I was happy ?

I was merely pointing out that you seem to dismiss "the likes of Hamilton & ICT" as poor teams yet they more than held their own against the teams I presume you are looking up to.

I too was hoping for a better return on our home matches up to this point but I believe that our FULLSTRENGTH (key point here) team would have taken at least 7 out of the 9 points available.

Full strength??? This is Hearts we're talking about here, dream on!! ;)

<br /><br /><br />

We have had a few honking players over the years, I defy you to name a team we have had that has not included two or more 'duffers' at any given time.

Actually our record against Murderwell isn't that great in the SPL - played 43, won 20, lost 15, drawn 7, we don't 'regularly smack them into touch' i'm afraid, it's fairly even between us.

1997/98 2005/06

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Honking thread from the lad InnerJambo, true to form though I suppose from a guy who has more knee jerks than the bi-weekly centipede barn-dance.

3 home games and no wins and thats without either of the OF coming to Tynecastle.

Thank croist for our away points.

:blink:

A dire comment to be honest. What do you expect? Should we go down the pan, at least you were right?

Honking thread from the lad InnerJambo, true to form though I suppose from a guy who has more knee jerks than the bi-weekly centipede barn-dance.

Disagree entirely, He says it as he sees it, which is more than the deluded who have criticised him!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's not deluded to dissagree with him it is common sense. He is just jumping up and down because we lost a game and he cannae take it... I wonder if he will dole out the same shan patter when give another team another hidin'...

Truly some of the worst rank chat on this forum from the lad and that is some accolade. I sometimes wonder if supporting Hearts is new to some folk.

We will be up and down all season due to defensive frailties but we will have more wins than loses too. Next season we will be ina better position to overhaul the rest of the squad. Rome was not built in six weeks.

It's not deluded to dissagree with him it is common sense. He is just jumping up and down because we lost a game and he cannae take it... I wonder if he will dole out the same shan patter when give another team another hidin'...

Truly some of the worst rank chat on this forum from the lad and that is some accolade. I sometimes wonder if supporting Hearts is new to some folk.

We will be up and down all season due to defensive frailties but we will have more wins than loses too. Next season we will be ina better position to overhaul the rest of the squad. Rome was not built in six weeks.

OK I am not aware of his previous posts.

I agree Rome was not built in 6 weeks, but we have been building for 136 years - and not getting it right too often!

Hearts and mediocrity do not have to always be bracketed together. Some posters on here appear to have a comfort level they dont want to move out of, and come down like a ton of bricks when anyone dares mentions otherwise.

The number of posters who deem the League cup defeat as beneath us is another example of warped thinking.

It appears to me that we are now facing another dismal season in the history of Heart of Midlothian. Some of us still harbour the thoughts of our great club finally challenging rangers and celtic.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I too would love that, I speak about it a lot, on here myself with some folk. However we were never going to do so this season. I was gutted about the cup exit but I am just reasonable enough to realise that we are having ups as well as downs.

Its too early into Jeffs first season to be talking about us having a poor season and sliding down the league, our goals and position in the league point to a knee jerk reaction as far as I am concerned. BTW you are reasonable enough, I am tarring you with Inners loony brush.

I love all these positive Hearts fans. The worst knee jerkers in history. Everyone knows Hearts are a work in progress...have players who will be moved on when the time is right...and have players who CAN cause damage to other sides and have the nucleus of a decent side.

What was the feeling after the Inverness game? Played well, good passing, good wing play and nice goals.... a week later we`re relegation fodder to some. Fecking get a grip.

Archived