Was THAT better than under Csaba?

Moriarty

This thread is embarrasing.

I am logging off now.

Bye.

I am in tears that the resident kickback clown doesn't agree with this thread :(

Are we 'better' than under Csaba? No idea tbh BUT I've enjoyed more games in 8 months with JJ than I did in a year and a half with Csaba. Still lots of room for improvement obviously... :ninja:

Nail, Head, Hit The, On The.......BOOSH ! :thumbsup:

Not for 1 minute am I suggesting that all is OK at the ranch or that today was not unacceptable, it was a shambles, but methinks you should take a lead from your username and take a chill pill :thumbsup:

I am in tears that the resident JKB clown started such a pant-wettingly cringeworthy thread.

GOOD ONE. oh wait, no, as usual its a load of pish from you.

going to tell why we were unbelievably better yesterday than the csaba days? or just going to swerve that one?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No Picard, I am going to wait until you stop jumping up and down with tears streeming down your wee rosey cheeks and start acting a kevel heaaded adult first... I appreciate that you might need a day or two to do this but I am patient. Get over yourself and pull up your little cotton socks and if you are then able to have a wee chin-wag without the tantrums and insults then I may condecend long enough to talk about it.

Until then start using your massive supply of Kleenex, man-sized tissues for drying your eyes rather than your usuall sport and stop acting like a huffy wee brat.

With love,

Mothy. X

Not near as good as Valdas !

:thumbsup: what a man.

Im not saying that jefferies should be sacked but there are some very basic things we arent doing that is leading to us being a horror at the back. Things he should be able to sort out with whatever personnel he has.

Having the poofiest midfield going isnt helping when opposition players are being given plenty of time to run at the defence. Im not convinced that Stevenson is going to make it in this league (I thought he looked good last season when we all thought a preseason would improve him, he seems to have gotten worse!) and palazuelos has some decent passing about him but the pair of them need to get stuck in more. The sooner we can get Eggert back in central midfield I think we can work on tightening that up.

Even going forward today (where we are supposed to be SO much better) we looked totally one dimensional. The game plan was just put it on Kyle's head and see what happens. 9/10 we gave the ball to the opposition without even challenging for the second balls! Why hoof it up if you arent going to have players attacking the knock downs! Callum Elliot seemed a bit anonymous in the first half, then Stephen Elliott came on (granted hes just coming back from injury) and did the same, then missed a few sitters. We should have been playing balls into these players feet.

On a positive note. I thought Skacel was tremendous considering he is clearly still not match fit. I can't remember him losing the ball while he was on the pitch, played some lovely passes (didnt get going past a light jog mind). If he is just needing a bit more match fitness then he will be a great signing for us, if hes really that slow we might have to punt him into central midfield.

No Picard, I am going to wait until you stop jumping up and down with tears streeming down your wee rosey cheeks and start acting a kevel heaaded adult first... I appreciate that you might need a day or two to do this but I am patient. Get over yourself and pull up your little cotton socks and if you are then able to have a wee chin-wag without the tantrums and insults then I may condecend long enough to talk about it.

Until then start using your massive supply of Kleenex, man-sized tissues for drying your eyes rather than your usuall sport and stop acting like a huffy wee brat.

With love,

Mothy. X

so you don't have an answer then? Suprising. :rolleyes:

I can see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over a poor performance but the thing that gets me is JJ whinging about missing out on Capaldi. He's signed for Morecambe FFS.

Clearly isn't that great, as many on here said when he was linked to us. Funny how as soon as they don't sign some of the same people whinge because he hasn't signed.

But this is in reference to yesterdays game. The likes of McGowan and Park should be getting played instead of Palazuelos and Stevenson whilst their on this kind of form. What's the point in having these young players if your not going to use them when they're needed? Just can't get my head around it tbh.

In answer to the question, games now are more enjoyable than under Csaba, yesterdays game aside, without a shadow of a doubt.

:thumbsup: what a man.

Im not saying that jefferies should be sacked but there are some very basic things we arent doing that is leading to us being a horror at the back. Things he should be able to sort out with whatever personnel he has.

Having the poofiest midfield going isnt helping when opposition players are being given plenty of time to run at the defence. Im not convinced that Stevenson is going to make it in this league (I thought he looked good last season when we all thought a preseason would improve him, he seems to have gotten worse!) and palazuelos has some decent passing about him but the pair of them need to get stuck in more. The sooner we can get Eggert back in central midfield I think we can work on tightening that up.

Even going forward today (where we are supposed to be SO much better) we looked totally one dimensional. The game plan was just put it on Kyle's head and see what happens. 9/10 we gave the ball to the opposition without even challenging for the second balls! Why hoof it up if you arent going to have players attacking the knock downs! Callum Elliot seemed a bit anonymous in the first half, then Stephen Elliott came on (granted hes just coming back from injury) and did the same, then missed a few sitters. We should have been playing balls into these players feet.

On a positive note. I thought Skacel was tremendous considering he is clearly still not match fit. I can't remember him losing the ball while he was on the pitch, played some lovely passes (didnt get going past a light jog mind). If he is just needing a bit more match fitness then he will be a great signing for us, if hes really that slow we might have to punt him into central midfield.

Any idea of playing any sort of football went out the bin after motherwell scored their first. After 51 mins all we did was punt the ball to kyle. This was one of the reasons i was not so happy that we signed him because you saw JJ using this tactic last season with obua.

Now this poor attempt at a thread was not to have a go at JJ (i would have joined in btw) but to compere him to Csaba. In that, i find us much better to watch and as far as results are concerned i reckno you look at last season start compere it to this season we have more points.

Also for the attention OAG - We got beat under csaba 3-0 at home to aberdeen ! So you point is invaild, game,set and match !

ToadKiller Dog

Reading JJs comments the hoof ball wasnt his plan ,the players went into that mode themselves again that can only come from lack of proper formation ,player and team discipline also a real lack of Confidence because of such . JJ has to take his share of the blame for that . They the team has suffered a few real blows this last week (as has us the fans ),how they and the management react over the next few weeks will reveal a lot about them .

We need to start winning at Tynecastle .

People were positive about our peformances away to Hamilton and Inverness, and the second half at Falkirk, where we played some really good attacking football imo. There are obvious defensive frailities ( partly due to injury and vladrealpolitik ) but I think the evidence so far shows that there is a decent football team amongst that lot somewhere. B)

People were positive about our peformances away to Hamilton and Inversness, and the second half at Falkirk, where we played some really good attacking football imo. There are obvious defensive frailities ( partly due to injury and vladrealpolitik ) but I think the evidence so far shows that there is a decent football team amongst that lot somewhere. B)

We have the basis of a decent side, however we are very thin on the ground for options in defence and CM.

We've only got two players missing really, Zaliukas and Wallace.

Two defenders out which results in us having two midfielders at the back? WTF is that all about. Tell you what it says to me is that our youth players must be absolutely cack to not even get a look in when we're so short of numbers at the back that we're resorting to playing two midfielders at the back which is not only weakening the defence but also the midfield at the same time!!

It's going to be a weird old season I feel. I predict a 5th place finish at the moment behind D Utd and Motherwell.

Laszlo was pish, our players are borderline. Lots to do to sort out the club but I have far more confidence that JJ will pull it off and actually gives enough of a damn to follow it through unlike Laszlo who was touting his arse to anyone that would listen.

Our defence is a disaster and our midfield is poor. Resources are controlled by the owner so buck stops there imo. We should have strengthened those areas more effectively in the transfer window, was the cash available?

JJ though needs to start utilising the youth more and he was completely outfoxed by Brown yesterday. I hope lesson learned but still rather have JJ any ferking day over Laszlo.

A Csaba Laszlo Hearts team would NEVER have been beaten so easily and as comprehensively at home by an average SPL team as we were today.

Utter shambles and the current manager is, one injury apart, entirely to blame for it.

No fight, no urgency, when we went behind the game was clearly over for 90% of our players. IF the famous JJ, Hearts man to the core, cant instill at least fight and urgency he can feck off right now because nothing else he supposedly has is as important as this.

No pace in any area of the team being selected, a team selection that looks like its being done blindfold.

Tactics from the 70's that the likes of Craig Brown must still be laughing at

A signing in the pivotal area of central midfield that is no where near good enough for the SPL (played alongside a player who's right leg would be as well to be cut off and donated to a war veteran) and who(Stevenson) was substituted by someone equally inadequate at this level.

A quite shocking defensive set up which has been going on for over 10 games now (including friendlies) and hasnt been worked on at all by the look of it.

All the direct responsibility of Jim Jefferies, a dinosaur who should never have been brought back to the club IMO.

What a completely over the top post. We are all disappointed by the result, but this post is simply ridiculous. It was a bad day at the office, nothing more, it happens, that's football, i'm over it.

As for the bit in bold, Given the players available, and with the possible exception of playing Johnsson at LB exactly what would you starting 11 have been? Serious question.

What a completely over the top post. We are all disappointed by the result, but this post is simply ridiculous. It was a bad day at the office, nothing more, it happens, that's football, i'm over it.

As for the bit in bold, Given the players available, and with the possible exception of playing Johnsson at LB exactly what would you starting 11 have been? Serious question.

If it were one result or one bad day at the office you'd have a point. It hasnt been though has it. Its been 3 home league games and 2 points collected out of 9. Its been a lie down job at Parkhead. Its been a defeat to a lower league team in a cup tie. And thats just THIS season. 5 bad days at the office out of 7 if you ask me.

Kello

Thomson or Thomson

Zaliukas (he is fit and available)

Bouzid

Skacel

Suso

Jonsson

McGowan

Templeton

Elliot or Elliott

Kyle

There you go. Not one player out of position (Skacel CAN be either a full back or a winger) Took me about 30 seconds. JJ, as I understand it, has all week.

If it were one result or one bad day at the office you'd have a point. It hasnt been though has it. Its been 3 home league games and 2 points collected out of 9. Its been a lie down job at Parkhead. Its been a defeat to a lower league team in a cup tie. And thats just THIS season.

Kello

Thomson or Thomson

Zaliukas (he is fit and available)

Bouzid

Skacel

Suso

Jonsson

McGowan

Templeton

Elliot or Elliott

Kyle

There you go. Not one player out of position (Skacel CAN be either a full back or a winger) Took me about 30 seconds. JJ, as I understand it, has all week.

Zaliukas isn't available for selection though. I've slated Zal over the years as being not good enough and then he has the nerve to end up being our best centre half. :ninja:

Still not sure that McGowan is the answer but I haven't seen him play apart from substituitions.

And there, once again, you see the legacy of a radgepot owner......well managed clubs who only change when it's abundantly necessary - clubs like Dundee United or Motherwell.

Dundee Utd???????

You're either ill-informed, or taking the pish arent you?

No it is just that I find it hard to talk to a guy when he is crying. Grown men greeting always wrong foot me a little.

Will someone put the light on until its very very hot, and end our agony of this cretin's stupid comments

please. Mothy, you're not funny, no really you're not!!!

Its not surprising mate. The guy is a funny one. Real funny one. :unsure: He hates JJ and anything positive he does will not be applauded by that poster...he`ll probably say JJ was lucky....

Dundee Utd???????

You're either ill-informed, or taking the pish arent you?

Yes, Dundee United. Who only changed when it was abundantly necessary: when Levein quit for Scotland. He was replaced completely seamlessly by his assistant, and they carried on being successful.

Is their financial position great? No. In the SPL, whose is? But are they at present a well run club, and something of a model for all non-OF clubs? Yes. All goes back to good decisions, good management, and allowing that manager full autonomy.

Yes, Dundee United. Who only changed when it was abundantly necessary: when Levein quit for Scotland. He was replaced completely seamlessly by his assistant, and they carried on being successful.

Is their financial position great? No. In the SPL, whose is? But are they at present a well run club, and something of a model for all non-OF clubs? Yes. All goes back to good decisions, good management, and allowing that manager full autonomy.

Ok so Levein was there a while and before that? how many managers did they have in the few years before Levein? Well run my arse. basically Levein did a good job and when he left they just appointed the cheapest choice.

Ok so Levein was there a while and before that? how many managers did they have in the few years before Levein? Well run my arse. basically Levein did a good job and when he left they just appointed the cheapest choice.

:thumbsup:

Lawson, God love the guy, really needs to pull his tongue out from the collective arseholes of the rest of the SPL, or he and I are going to have a falling out.

Once they'd got the right manager (ie. Levein), it was plain sailing. And as for them "just appointing the cheapest choice": said cheapest choice had been groomed for the job, knew the players and club implicitly, and promptly led them to 3rd and the Scottish Cup. Clearly, a deeply unambitious, stupid move on their part then. :blink:

Once they'd got the right manager (ie. Levein), it was plain sailing. And as for them "just appointing the cheapest choice": said cheapest choice had been groomed for the job, knew the players and club implicitly, and promptly led them to 3rd and the Scottish Cup. Clearly, a deeply unambitious, stupid move on their part then. :blink:

So what your saying is, a well run club is one which keeps a winning manager in the job? I can only think of one club that would get rid of a manager when he is winning ( :facepalm: ). That is not a well run club, that is any club. Whenever United have gotten into trouble over the last 5-6 years they have sacked the manager post haste.

So what your saying is, a well run club is one which keeps a winning manager in the job? I can only think of one club that would get rid of a manager when he is winning ( :facepalm: ). That is not a well run club, that is any club. Whenever United have gotten into trouble over the last 5-6 years they have sacked the manager post haste.

When they've been in an absolutely hopeless position, sure. But all any club has to do is get it right once: as long as they then give that manager full autonomy, don't mess around with politics, and back that manager's judgement. Stability breeds more stability. See where I'm going here? ;)

When they've been in an absolutely hopeless position, sure. But all any club has to do is get it right once: as long as they then give that manager full autonomy, don't mess around with politics, and back that manager's judgement. Stability breeds more stability. See where I'm going here? ;)

So you're saying you're cool with Vlad sacking Csaba? Got ya thumbsup.gif

How many managers have Dundee Utd had in the last 10 years?

Sturrock

Smith

Hegarty

McCall

Chisholm

Dodds

Brewster

Levein

Houston

8 managers in 10 years doesnt seem to me like a model of stability.

Seriously, just because you write it, doesnt make it true. Opinions are great - but back them up a bit with some choice facts. Your arguments will be better grounded and more people will listen to you.

How many managers have Dundee Utd had in the last 10 years?

Sturrock

Smith

Hegarty

McCall

Chisholm

Dodds

Brewster

Levein

Houston

8 managers in 10 years doesnt seem to me like a model of stability.

Seriously, just because you write it, doesnt make it true. Opinions are great - but back them up a bit with some choice facts. Your arguments will be better grounded and more people will listen to you.

Motherwell, in the same period have had 9 managers (two of them temporary):

Brown

Gannon

McGhee

Malpas

Butcher

Black

Philliben

Krivokapic

Davies

Archived