Was THAT better than under Csaba?

Moriarty

Everyone who accepted us getting turned over by a first division outfit because we scored 3 and were "exciting"

Were you excited today? that was ******* horseshit.

Everyone who accepted us getting turned over by a first division outfit because we scored 3 and were "exciting"

It wasn't any better. But we're still threadbare, and Wallace's absence combined with the removal of Zaliukas (not that I have ever rated the latter highly) have made things worse. I'm prepared to accept that things in the main are looking slightly more positive, and in general the football is better. I'm pretty sure Jefferies' league tally must be worse than Laszlo's by now, though, and JJ doesn't look to have any more of a tactical Plan B than Csaba did. Jury still out.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Planning on having a quiet JKB-free night with the fiance tonight but before I get home...

YES Picard, that was so unbelievably better than under Csaba, it was not real. Take a chill-pill, put the feet up, relax a bit and reflect a little.

G'night, keep up the passion.

HHGH

A Csaba Laszlo Hearts team would NEVER have been beaten so easily and as comprehensively at home by an average SPL team as we were today.

Utter shambles and the current manager is, one injury apart, entirely to blame for it.

No fight, no urgency, when we went behind the game was clearly over for 90% of our players. IF the famous JJ, Hearts man to the core, cant instill at least fight and urgency he can feck off right now because nothing else he supposedly has is as important as this.

No pace in any area of the team being selected, a team selection that looks like its being done blindfold.

Tactics from the 70's that the likes of Craig Brown must still be laughing at

A signing in the pivotal area of central midfield that is no where near good enough for the SPL (played alongside a player who's right leg would be as well to be cut off and donated to a war veteran) and who(Stevenson) was substituted by someone equally inadequate at this level.

A quite shocking defensive set up which has been going on for over 10 games now (including friendlies) and hasnt been worked on at all by the look of it.

All the direct responsibility of Jim Jefferies, a dinosaur who should never have been brought back to the club IMO.

What is with all the ******* references to Csaba Laszlo recently. I'd rather we try and attack and get beat than sit in and play uber defensively and get ******* beaten aswell (or scrape a draw), a la CL.

We lose a league game and suddenly the drama queens are out in force. Get a grip!

We lose a league game and suddenly the drama queens are out in force. Get a grip!

Nope, some of us have had concerns about JJ's return rom the off. He has won only 8 SPL games out of 20m, his saving grace that 2 of them were against the Hobos. His team is going nowhere fast and he is constantly overseeing defeats to teams with far less resources. He needs to get a grip fast.

YES Picard, that was so unbelievably better than under Csaba, it was not real. Take a chill-pill, put the feet up, relax a bit and reflect a little.

I would like to hear how we were unbelievably better than under csaba, because from over here it looks like you havent got a clue what you are talking about :thumbsup:

I would like to hear how we were unbelievably better than under csaba, because from over here it looks like you havent got a clue what you are talking about :thumbsup:

Are we 'better' than under Csaba? No idea tbh BUT I've enjoyed more games in 8 months with JJ than I did in a year and a half with Csaba. Still lots of room for improvement obviously... :ninja:

Francis Albert

We are certainly more attractive to watch. Unfortunately this applies at least as much to opposition fans as to Hearts fans! This isn't a gut reaction to today's game, which I didn't see, but what worries me is that nine or ten months in I don't see much progress towards an effective organisation and system and improvement in the basics. I said before the Gillingham game that that was what I was looking for. A few passages of play aside, I'm still looking. Csaba at least had a system, ugly as it was. I am not sure JJ, Billy Brown and Lockie have shown much signs of progress towards one. Hoofball towards Kyle was sadly predictable - it was Killie's tactic too often last season and it almost got them relegated. Compared to this, the obsession o here with personalities and new faces is a side issue.

Too true.

Happy go lucky Mothy may be, knowledgeable about the old soccer ball he is not.

A Csaba Laszlo Hearts team would NEVER have been beaten so easily and as comprehensively at home by an average SPL team as we were today.

Utter shambles and the current manager is, one injury apart, entirely to blame for it.

No fight, no urgency, when we went behind the game was clearly over for 90% of our players. IF the famous JJ, Hearts man to the core, cant instill at least fight and urgency he can feck off right now because nothing else he supposedly has is as important as this.

No pace in any area of the team being selected, a team selection that looks like its being done blindfold.

A signing in the pivotal area of central midfield that is no where near good enough for the SPL (played alongside a player who's right leg would be as well to be cut off and donated to a war veteran) and who(Stevenson) was substituted by someone equally inadequate at this level.

A quite shocking defensive set up which has been going on for over 10 games now (including friendlies) and hasnt been worked on at all by the look of it.

All the direct responsibility of Jim Jefferies, a dinosaur who should never have been brought back to the club IMO.

POST OF THE SEASON. 100 PER CENT ACCURATE. ABSOLUTELY EMBARRASSING PERFORMANCE TODAY. COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW BAD WE WERE. :(

A Csaba Laszlo Hearts team would NEVER have been beaten so easily and as comprehensively at home by an average SPL team as we were today...

... A quite shocking defensive set up which has been going on for over 10 games now (including friendlies) and hasnt been worked on at all by the look of it.

1. Motherwell are considerably better than an "average SPL team". They've been the third best SPL team for some considerable time now.

2. Hearts 0-1 Hibs reserves from May 2009 ring any bells at all? :whistling: Not to mention poor home defeats to Killie, St Johnstone and being humped 3-0 at Tynie by an Aberdeen side who went on to finish 9th? :rolleyes:

3. "All the direct responsibility of Jim Jefferies"? This is still Csaba's squad. And could you explain how JJ is supposed to legislate for the loss of Goncalves, Zaliukas, and latterly Wallace as well?

Malcolm Tucker

Aberdeen 3-0 last season you utter trumpet. THAT, was the worst game of football I have ever seen.

1. Motherwell are considerably better than an "average SPL team". They've been the third best SPL team for some considerable time now.

No they havent and they're not consdierably better than average. They have never finished third in recent memory. Anything from 4th to 7th is average by the very definition of the word in a 12 team league , and thats where they usually finish. Thats also where they will finish this season IMO.

2. Hearts 0-1 Hibs reserves from May 2009 ring any bells at all? :whistling: Not to mention poor home defeats to Killie, St Johnstone and being humped 3-0 at Tynie by an Aberdeen side who went on to finish 9th? :rolleyes:

Were you at any of those games to see how easy or otherwise it was for the oppostion ? Were you at todays game for comparision ?

3. "All the direct responsibility of Jim Jefferies"? This is still Csaba's squad. And could you explain how JJ is supposed to legislate for the loss of Goncalves, Zaliukas, and latterly Wallace as well?

Exactly how long do we blame Csaba for results. He's been gone 8 months and counting for christ s sake.

Goncalves - apparent he was going from as long ago as March

Zaliukas - His contract situation has been well known about for months and wasnt adressed in time IMO.

Wallace.- We're an SPL team who falls apart defensively because he's missing and we (meaning JJ) has a professional playing staff of 40 odd but seemingly not one competent left back amongst them. Wallace isnt even that good a defender and has been shipping semi frequent goals for getting on for 3 years anyway.( a fact that can be forgiven because he's good going forward)

We had defensive issues last season, even before losing Zal and now Wallace. The idea that we're not going to be worse defensively as a result is risible. This is still Csaba's squad; shorn of far and away its best two central defenders.

I'm sure you were on here defending the team and Csaba after those shockers I mentioned. Oh yes you were. :whistling: And finally: Motherwell's record under Craig Brown reads:

Pld 26 Pts 45 Pts/game 1.73

That's anything but average - and for a club with their resources, is absolutely remarkable.

Aberdeen 3-0 last season you utter trumpet. THAT, was the worst game of football I have ever seen.

Did he not get sacked on the night before or after that game ? I suspect at least that he knew (and the players probably knew) so I think we can excuse that one or we'll open a can of worms about how many wheels need to come off before JJ gets ( and deserves) the bullet

Thought all the erses would be out tonight pointing out csaba. I have nothing against csaba, but that episode has gone. I`ve never been one to compare managers.

Lets move on. And for people to start jumping off the Forth Road Bridge because of this defeat are people who don`t know football and should just stay away.

While im far from happy about todays game, im not using it as some final judgement. I`ve always maintained it`ll be another season before we see a far stronger Hearts under JJ.

To answer your question no but tbh I doubt csaba's team would have faired much better. I was quite impressed with motherwell, they have some good players and looked solid at the back, which is the complete polar opposite to us which was the main difference between the two sides today.

I'm sure you were on here defending the team and Csaba after those shockers I mentioned. Oh yes you were.

I think your memory is clouded.

I didnt want Csaba sacked. I wanted him supported by the owner. If the owner had given Casba what he's since given Jefferies, Csaba would still be here and we'd be better off than we are now IMO. Results wise' were certainly no better off under JJ as 27 points in 20 games (your stat) would tend to highlight. Football wise this season at Tynecastle we havent been any better to watch than under Csaba. In fact, a couple of away games against poor oposition apart and a seemingly thrilling 4-3 defeat by lower league oposition, I'd say the difference in quality and entertainment is negligible

scots civil war

i didnt see jefferies today,touchline ban or summat ??

only clocked billy brown at the dugout

a lot of this must also be accredited to romanov also

for not seeing through the club rebuild with appropriate signings in the summer

sharp incisive post there tho and agree oag

Are we 'better' than under Csaba? No idea tbh BUT I've enjoyed more games in 8 months with JJ than I did in a year and a half with Csaba. Still lots of room for improvement obviously... :ninja:

thats it for me too

While im far from happy about todays game, im not using it as some final judgement. I`ve always maintained it`ll be another season before we see a far stronger Hearts under JJ.

JJ will not get another season unless there is a drastic upturn and a noticeable improvement. No-one can seriously expect he'll get time. No one can seriously expect he'll survive if the opening results are repeated across a whole season. That is presumably, why he refuses to introduce any upcoming youth players

I think your memory is clouded.

I didnt want Csaba sacked. I wanted him supported by the owner. If the owner had given Casba what he's since given Jefferies, Csaba would still be here and we'd be better off than we are now IMO. Results wise' were certainly no better off under JJ as 27 points in 20 games (your stat) would tend to highlight. Football wise this season at Tynecastle we havent been any better to watch than under Csaba. In fact, a couple of away games against poor oposition apart and a seemingly thrilling 4-3 defeat by lower league oposition, I'd say the difference in quality and entertainment is negligible

your opinion mate ,but i'd take JJ any day rather than playing 1 up at home against badword st mirren ,just so we dont lose! BORING BORING BORING

JJ will not get another season unless there is a drastic upturn and a noticeable improvement. No-one can seriously expect he'll get time. No one can seriously expect he'll survive if the opening results are repeated across a whole season. That is presumably, why he refuses to introduce any upcoming youth players

And there, once again, you see the legacy of a radgepot owner. Fans who are so used to crisis that they refuse to give managers time; it's rip it all up and start again, over and over again. Except every time a football club rips it up and starts again, it means new players it can't afford, jettisoning of players who the new manager doesn't fancy, completely new ideas which the squad will take time to adapt to. And it falls further and further behind well drilled, well managed clubs who only change when it's abundantly necessary - clubs like Dundee United or Motherwell.

Cardiac Rucksack

Maybe picard should have gone on weds...

Today was a million times better than csaba. Some people have short memories..

i didnt see jefferies today,touchline ban or summat ??

only clocked billy brown at the dugout

a lot of this must also be accredited to romanov also

for not seeing through the club rebuild with appropriate signings in the summer

sharp incisive post there tho and agree oag

The club made a huge investment in players in the summer given the perilous financial position it is in.

Kello, Kyle, Elliott, Barr and then Skacel all signed. And none of the more marketable players sold.

Maybe picard should have gone on weds...

Today was a million times better than csaba. Some people have short memories..

:ermm: What did I miss on wednesday?

Was it really that much better than under CL? how many shots did we have on goal?

And there, once again, you see the legacy of a radgepot owner. Fans who are so used to crisis that they refuse to give managers time; it's rip it all up and start again, over and over again. Except every time a football club rips it up and starts again, it means new players it can't afford, jettisoning of players who the new manager doesn't fancy, completely new ideas which the squad will take time to adapt to. And it falls further and further behind well drilled, well managed clubs who only change when it's abundantly necessary - clubs like Dundee United or Motherwell.

Exactly shaun. And the sad things is, all those fans on here greeting like feck are probably old heads who you`d expect to have a more mature view on things.

Seems they`ve been tainted by modern football too.

Today was no better than under Csaba.

We were ******* terrible today.The defence and midfield are a shambles.

JJ has to take the rap for this.

your opinion mate ,but i'd take JJ any day rather than playing 1 up at home against badword st mirren ,just so we dont lose! BORING BORING BORING

We'll be reverting to one striker again shortly IMO.

Our central midfield is nowhere near good enough to play a 4-4-2.

4-3-3 possibly but 4-4-2 is a goner .

Two strikers is a goner and the sooner the better IMO because we need numbers back in the middle to cover for lack of quality.

I think it`ll be 4-5-1 v Rangers for that game only. I still think we can beat most sides being more positive but i can see a much more tighter formation next week. Time to get a bit confidence back and look to compete first and get everyone buzzing again.

Theres bound to be huge pressure on the defenders at the mo and as a club/team we have to react, and try to tighten up has to be the onus before it gets worse or keeps going as it is.

We have the attacking players to do damage but maybe in a slightly diff formation next week.

I'm not for a minute advocating the sacking of JJ so lets not turn what I said into that.

We've made a wrong choice IMO but its a choice we'll have to live with and hope that it gets better. Appointing him was not a great move in my opinion. Ive said that from day one. Sacking Laszlo was not something I agreed with at the time Appointing JJ was an obvious but whimsical action based purely on his availability at the time and his Jamboness. An appointment that was bound to get approval no matter how ill advised it was. Sacking him now would be an unmitigated disaster but he's got problems, some of them of his own making and his own independent responsibility to fix, and sharpish, or he wont be here next season. Not something I'm wishing for, just a plain fact based on historical evidence.

I'm not for a minute advocating the sacking of JJ so lets not turn what I said into that.

We've made a wrong choice IMO but its a choice we'll have to live with and hope that it gets better. Appointing him was not a great move in my opinion. Ive said that from day one. Sacking Laszlo was not something I agreed with at the time Appointing JJ was an obvious but whimsical action based purely on his availability at the time and his Jamboness. An appointment that was bound to get approval no matter how ill advised it was. Sacking him now would be an unmitigated disaster but he's got problems, some of them of his own making and his own independent responsibility to fix, and sharpish, or he wont be here next season. Not something I'm wishing for, just a plain fact based on historical evidence.

If we finish 5th, I think he'll be here next season. And I think 5th constitutes a "jury is out" scenario, in which he'd be under pressure to hit the ground running at the start of next season, and really to finish 3rd. 4th this season would be fine; 6th would probably constitute curtains. Bottom six doesn't bear thinking about - but TBPF, I can't see how we end up lower than 5th anyway.

No we were not better under Shaba! He would have had the midfield packed and then had no idea what to do when 'Well scored. At least in the first half we passed the ball and ran at defenders. Whatever was said at half time clearly didnt work and JJ has to stop playing his favourites (Stevo and Black).

Didnt see the point in taking Clum off for the other Elliot who has hardly played. Clum had at least looked interested and was willing to run for his team mates.

What happened to giving Suso the ball? He was excellent in the first period but didnt see the ball for long periods in the second half.

Really disappointed, but way better than under Shabby.

If we finish 5th, I think he'll be here next season. And I think 5th constitutes a "jury is out" scenario, in which he'd be under pressure to hit the ground running at the start of next season, and really to finish 3rd. 4th this season would be fine; 6th would probably constitute curtains. Bottom six doesn't bear thinking about - but TBPF, I can't see how we end up lower than 5th anyway.

I expect Motherwell and Dundee Utd to finish above us on current evidence. It will only take a continued slump by us combined with a little mid-season surge from two other teams to displace us from the top six. Perfectly plausible scenario, as is getting players fit, organised better at the back, motivated again and going on a run ourselves.

Although the latter scenario can only happen if JJ himself changes things and makes it happen. Getting Wallace and Driver fit and playing again will help but will not, in itself, be enough.

He wont be here for another season if we're bottom six this season. No matter what the excuse is for it. Romanov wont tolerate bottom six IMO. 3rd or 4th would be fine and will keep him in a job. 5th or 6th leaves him at the hands of the unpredictability of Romanov. Not a place that anyone I can think of has come out on the good side of.

No we were not better under Shaba! He would have had the midfield packed and then had no idea what to do when 'Well scored.

Our response to losing the first goal today was identical to what was usually the response under Csaba. i.e the players believed the game was lost.

I expect Motherwell and Dundee Utd to finish above us on current evidence. It will only take a continued slump by us combined with a little mid-season surge from two other teams to displace us from the top six. Perfectly plausible scenario, as is getting players fit, organised better at the back, motivated again and going on a run ourselves.

Although the latter scenario can only happen if JJ himself changes things and makes it happen. Getting Wallace and Driver fit and playing again will help but will not, in itself, be enough.

He wont be here for another season if we're bottom six this season. No matter what the excuse is for it. Romanov wont tolerate bottom six IMO. 3rd or 4th would be fine and will keep him in a job. 5th or 6th leaves him at the hands of the unpredictability of Romanov. Not a place that anyone I can think of has come out on the good side of.

You - and everyone else on here - do realise we're still 4th right now? Meanwhile, a whole bunch of teams in the SPL currently have better away records than home ones - including today's opponents. Who have picked up a grand total of one point from 9 at home; and have 9 out of 9 on the road. Funny, that. :whistling:

Not sure I agree OaG, I dont think Well and Utd will be able to hold things together for a whole season. We have our own problems with injuries and contract disputes, however once these are at least partially sorted I think we will see a better team. Remember the likes of Kyle and Rudi are leaders and older heads, they will not let things slip. JJ does have to sort out his line up though and get stop playing his favourites no matter what.

Not sure I agree OaG, I dont think Well and Utd will be able to hold things together for a whole season. We have our own problems with injuries and contract disputes, however once these are at least partially sorted I think we will see a better team. Remember the likes of Kyle and Rudi are leaders and older heads, they will not let things slip. JJ does have to sort out his line up though and get stop playing his favourites no matter what.

January could be a timely boost/saving grace. I`ve no doubt we`d be in for a defender and midfielder at least. If we can put in a decent run up til the festive period it could be a confidence booster.

RoussetsShorts

Utter utter dross the day, I was thinking about Levein's teams the day and the one with De Vries, Valois, Maybury, Kirk et al would pump that current lot. It's staggering to think how bad we are just now, truly dreadful, we have a cheek laughing at the leith tramps as we are just as bad.

Also Kyle can GTF if we are just going to bang long balls up to him, a hopeless tactic and incredibly eye bleedingly awful to watch.

Utter utter dross the day, I was thinking about Levein's teams the day and the one with De Vries, Valois, Maybury, Kirk et al would pump that current lot. It's staggering to think how bad we are just now, truly dreadful, we have a cheek laughing at the leith tramps as we are just as bad.

Also Kyle can GTF if we are just going to bang long balls up to him, a hopeless tactic and incredibly eye bleedingly awful to watch.

So thats it then, no hope? have you watched Hearts other than today?

I believe both Czaba and JJ's tactics and team selections are influenced by the palyers they were allowed to sign.

Csaba pleaded for months to bring in a couple of strikers and was told no. This in my opinion was a direct impact on the style of play he asked the team to play. He generally made us hard to beat, and I feel that if he had been given Vlad's full backing he could have been a real success.

I feel that JJ let his heart rule his head when he came back, thinking the fans' support for him would lead to change. He identified a left back who was willing to come here on a short term contract and Vlad said no, probably because he was bringing in Skacel.As a result he has had to play Rueben and Eggert out of position, with the result our defence is a shambles.Hardly his fault is it.

While I support JJ's more open football philosophy, to quote Robbo on the radio the other night, football management is a results driven business, and I for one would have settled for a scrappy 1-0 win on Tuesday and the same today.

JJ doesn't seem to know how to close a game down when the need arises. Never has.

Neither has he instilled the will to win mentallity among several of our squad that is sadly lacking.

A major clear out is required if we are to move forward, but with contracts etc. I appreciate that this will be difficult to achieve.

For what it is worth, neither of them can hold a candle to Alex MacDonald, who is by far and away the best manager we have had in my tim supporting our great Club.

RoussetsShorts

So thats it then, no hope? have you watched Hearts other than today?

yes and its obvious what the problem is - we are shite!!

Malcolm Tucker

yes and its obvious what the problem is - we are shite!!

I remember the times the exact same team was shite in Hamilton and Inverness. We were so shite lol.

I believe both Czaba and JJ's tactics and team selections are influenced by the palyers they were allowed to sign.

Csaba pleaded for months to bring in a couple of strikers and was told no. This in my opinion was a direct impact on the style of play he asked the team to play. He generally made us hard to beat, and I feel that if he had been given Vlad's full backing he could have been a real success.

I feel that JJ let his heart rule his head when he came back, thinking the fans' support for him would lead to change. He identified a left back who was willing to come here on a short term contract and Vlad said no, probably because he was bringing in Skacel.As a result he has had to play Rueben and Eggert out of position, with the result our defence is a shambles.Hardly his fault is it.

While I support JJ's more open football philosophy, to quote Robbo on the radio the other night, football management is a results driven business, and I for one would have settled for a scrappy 1-0 win on Tuesday and the same today.

JJ doesn't seem to know how to close a game down when the need arises. Never has.

Neither has he instilled the will to win mentallity among several of our squad that is sadly lacking.

A major clear out is required if we are to move forward, but with contracts etc. I appreciate that this will be difficult to achieve.

For what it is worth, neither of them can hold a candle to Alex MacDonald, who is by far and away the best manager we have had in my tim supporting our great Club.

Wait a minute - a "major clear out" FFS. A change of tactics would be a better place to start. Get the ball played to the full backs and pass it through the midfield and get our wide players running at defenders and crossing for Mungo instead of launching from GK or centre halves.

Agree with most but not the will to win bit. I think JJ is a winner and it takes time to hone players who maybe din`t have that bred on them under csaba. However, its pretty much a natural thing being a winner. Can you give someone a will to win?

You can get more out of guys who have a bit gut about them but there are some who never will have it and we have a few im afraid.

While managers take a chance of some new players by word of mouth or with a less strenuous research, most of the time managers are judged by the players they make the team up with and know them from past teams or indeed get to know more about them before signing. So, i think JJ is inclined to sign players with plenty character he knows of.

I can't believe all the panic. Jefferies will sort this out like he has in the past with much less talent at his disposal

Archived