Titus Bramble - Oh dear!

Rudolf's Mate

I got up to this part and stopped. Embarrasing

You were really getting somewhere as well...

Did i use too many big words.

You couldn't even be bothered to find out what i said in explaining away your awful point.

Your adamant your right, but wont read opposing arguments.

It doesn't make any F****** difference if you a Football Player, Accountant, Rocket Scientist or Student... WTF difference does it make what you do for a living...Rape and Sex are NOT THE SAME THING...Because you have sex with "A lot of different Women" doesn't mean he won't have the urge to Rape... Why do married Men Rape?? Is it Just Poor, Ugly people who Rape??

Seriously, you are a disturbed Wee Man if you can't work out that *Rape and Sex ARE NOT THE SAME THING*!!!

*How many times will Roscoe have to be told this before he gets it!?? dry.gif

he wont, he doesnt have the capacity.

I think what Rosscoe is alluding to links in with Stanley_'s comment on "the urge to rape"

Lets say for arguments sake Bramble is guilty and did rape this poor girl. The most likely situation is that Bramble and the girl were both up for it, were both quite drunk and went back to the hotel room to have sex. However the girl changed her mind and wasnt comfortable in the situation, but Bramble still forced himself upon her due to his arrogance as a professional footballer. Now this is obviously terrible.

However,

Bramble - if my scenario was correct did not begin the night with an urge to rape, in the sexual predator mould. He wasnt looking to lure a girl into his hotelroom or drag a girl into a quiet alleyway. In fact he himself at the start of the night probably wouldnt of considered raping a girl as he is a rich footballer and can get "sex on tap". But certain events transpired and he ended raping a girl in his hotel room.

So in this instance Rosscoe is quite correct to ask the question why would a footballer want to rape someone if they can get it on tap. The answer is that they probably dont have an urge to rape a girl but it doesnt mean they arent capable of doing it and as Kitster alluded to also, it is a certain arrogance and the self delusion that the girl secretly wants it etc... that leads them to these situations.

Conversely however, Mcgregor, Van Persie, Paul Dickov, I could name alot more sportsmen/wealthy people if I did a bit of research - that have all been falsely accused of rape. It also seems disproportionate to the ones that have been found to be truthful. Lesser men's careers, homelife, relationships can be destroyed and they can end up taking their own life. Like i said before, I wouldnt wish that on any guy, even my worst enemy.

Some sense!

I knew I wasn't the only one reading utter dribble on here

In simple terms what you are saying is people who don't get sex on tap will be more likely to rape people.

You have taken any morals out of the decision and based it purely on a man's desire to have sex.

But having sex and raping someone are quite different outcomes.

Your a good poster Tucks, please don't get caught in the idiot brigade

I have asked a question, that is all

Your a good poster Tucks, please don't get caught in the idiot brigade

I have asked a question, that is all

I don't get caught up in anything.

I am trying to explain to you in a logical and calm manner that what you said was a bit silly and you should maybe just accept that and move on.

The argument you are currently 'engaged' in is going round and round in circles.

Some sense!

I knew I wasn't the only one reading utter dribble on here

Get your Mum to read your posts on this subject wee man...I'm sure she'd be delighted to see you can't tell the difference between Rape and Consensual Sex! And the Fact if the guys Loaded and Good looking he doesn't Rape women, they wanted it all the time, No means Yes when you Loaded!!

Get your Mum to read your posts on this subject wee man...I'm sure she'd be delighted to see you can't tell the difference between Rape and Consensual Sex! And the Fact if the guys Loaded and Good looking he doesn't Rape women, they wanted it all the time, No means Yes when you Loaded!!

:lol:

Genius. Thanks for making the day go a lot smoother, some comedy gold.

Asking a question is making a point in ga ga land obviously

What an absolute trumpet you are. Don't know why I bothered as you are obviously too dumb to have a conversation with. You just keep believing that no man with money/power would ever rape anyone I will keep on believing that you are a dickhead - end of discussion with you on this subject

cheers, your 'anger' has shown you really don't have a clue either.

A QUESTION IS NOT A ******* STATEMENT!!

:lol:

Genius. Thanks for making the day go a lot smoother, some comedy gold.

Asking a question is making a point in ga ga land obviously

I hope to **** you are a "Wee man" i.e Still at School. because if you're an Adult :blink:

Right Brainless, This is my last post to you on the subject...I hope you don't have a girlfriend because anyone who can't see the difference between rape and Sex is a danger in my eyes...More to the point I hope you're not "Loaded" because by the looks of your posts you'd believe this gave you a divine right to do what you liked to any female!!

I agree with dipped Flake...You're a mod edit

Q) What difference does it make that TB can get "Loads of Burzd"...Does this mean,as you have alluded to, he can't be a Rapist??

cheers, your 'anger' has shown you really don't have a clue either.

A QUESTION IS NOT A ******* STATEMENT!!

Yes - a question is not a statement.

But that has nothing to do with your question showing how you think about these things.

You wouldn't ask such a question in such a way if you didn't think sex and rape were interchangeable - because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Do you see?

I might be wring but hasnt this happened a few times in Newcastle now? ie Football players accused of rape with nothing happening after it?

So do you guys agree or disagree with my previous post, or are we just going to abuse this boy because he isnt admitting his question was not presented well?

Yes - a question is not a statement.

But that has nothing to do with your question showing how you think about these things.

You wouldn't ask such a question in such a way if you didn't think sex and rape were interchangeable - because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Do you see?

My question, was a question. Nothing more nothing less

A similar question would be:

Why would I want to buy a gallon of drinking water when I have an endless supply already.... something along those lines.

Because it's about a touchy subject people jump to conclusions to easy I think

So do you guys agree or disagree with my previous post, or are we just going to abuse this boy because he isnt admitting his question was not presented well?

Probably best if you repost it, to avoid it getting tangled up wit the rest of the mess.

Footballers have good lawyers so never get convicted.

Rape is a difficult enough conviction to secure without the girl getting torn to bits on the stand.

Footballers are used to "yes" all the time, so how do they react when someone punctures their ego?

Agreeing to go to a hotel room does not equate to consent to sex, nor does how you appear, what your pants look like or your sexual history.NO-one remember the wee girl from Ayr who had to hold up her thong in court after she was raped?

Like a thong meant it was all her fault.

She killed herself shortly afterwards.

The incidence of false rape accusation is 5%.

Conviction rates are lower- mainly because consent is hard to prove.

MAny people on here are way out of line..

If it had been a guy he was supposed to have raped would the reaction on here be the same- ie he asked for it?

I'll pursue with you as you might go down the girly route of 'calling people names'

My question, was a question. Nothing more nothing less

A similar question would be:

Why would I want to buy a gallon of drinking water when I have an endless supply already.... something along those lines.

Because it's about a touchy subject people jump to conclusions to easy I think

My word.

You have just repeated your terrible point.

Why have more water if i have lots of water.

Lets change the words..

Why rape when you have lots of sex....

And endless supply of sex has NOTHING to do with rape. Because someone has a lot of sex does not stop them being capable or desiring to rape!

Why cant you see that?

A better comparison would be - because someone has an endless supply of drinking water - why would i buy a beer?

I hope you can see from this that Beer is not water.....they are not the same thing....they cannot be treated as the same thing...or comparable...there are reasons for buying beer no matter how much water i may have....i cant put it more simply....

Sex and rape are not the same thing and thereof cannot be compared in that way.

Unless of course you think they are the same

Hence why your question make the assumption that they are the same, in order to make sense - otherwise its just nonsense.

Jeepers!

A lot of cases of Rape can be put down to the Man wanting the Victim to see who's in charge "Liking the power" they have over the woman...

I think we all know wha's in cherge.

work.5002862.1.fc,135x135,red.v3.jpg

My word.

You have just repeated your terrible point.

Why have more water if i have lots of water.

Lets change the words..

Why rape when you have lots of sex....

And endless supply of sex has NOTHING to do with rape. Because someone has a lot of sex does not stop them being capable or desiring to rape!

Why cant you see that?

A better comparison would be - because someone has an endless supply of drinking water - why would i buy a beer?

I hope you can see from this that Beer is not water.....they are not the same thing....they cannot be treated as the same thing...or comparable...there are reasons for buying beer no matter how much water i may have....i cant put it more simply....

Sex and rape are not the same thing and thereof cannot be compared in that way.

Unless of course you think they are the same

Hence why your question make the assumption that they are the same, in order to make sense - otherwise its just nonsense.

Jeepers!

But I don't think sex and rape are the same thing! I've never said it!

How you take it is your prerogative. People that actually know me (and yes I'm not 12, without a gf etc) will know EXACTLY what I mean when I ask any question.

It's hard to do that on here

But I don't think sex and rape are the same thing! I've never said it!

How you take it is your prerogative. People that actually know me (and yes I'm not 12, without a gf etc) will know EXACTLY what I mean when I ask any question.

It's hard to do that on here

No its really not that hard,

You just avoid saying or suggesting something as ridiculous as sex is comparable to rape and saying having lots of one cancels out the any reason for someone to do the other.

No its really not that hard,

You just avoid saying or suggesting something as ridiculous as sex is comparable to rape and saying having lots of one cancels out the any reason for someone to do the other.

It is because I can guarantee you if we were having this conversation in the pub and I asked that question, %1,000,000 your answer wouldn't be 'you think sex and rape are the same thing'

I' like everyone else don't know the full details of this particular case so I won't comment.

I will however say that for every arsehole player who thinks he has the right to any woman he wants (which is 100% wrong, no argument), there are at least 100 stupid wee slappers whose sole purpose on a night out is to get her false nails into a footballer.

Some thoroughly depressing responses, the good Doctor apart.

Agree.

Some of the early responses (too depressed to continue reading) were of the cliche Mancandonowronghangherhigh variety.

Folk jumping to amazing conclusions when the report just mentions an arrest (not charge) based on suspicion. Surely the gun of blame should be fired when facts are reported?

It is because I can guarantee you if we were having this conversation in the pub and I asked that question, %1,000,000 your answer wouldn't be 'you think sex and rape are the same thing'

Erm....i doubt it...if you phrased your point in the same way as you have here.

Even if you are a girl, 6 years old or completely androgynous your phrasing is totally wrong and none of those things would preclude the ability to confuse sex and rape as similar things.

So excuse me if I disagree with your above post.

I' like everyone else don't know the full details of this particular case so I won't comment.

I will however say that for every arsehole player who thinks he has the right to any woman he wants (which is 100% wrong, no argument), there are at least 100 stupid wee slappers whose sole purpose on a night out is to get her false nails into a footballer.

Spot on

Apparently Bramble can be quite a good rapist (uh, allegedly) - but he has a huge problem losing concentration from time to time... :whistling:

To be serious. He's been arrested based on an allegation. In the fullness of time, he'll be charged, prosecuted and tried, or alternatively, released without charge. That makes him an innocent man unless proven otherwise beyond reasonable doubt - and it's unfair to comment at this stage (as yes, I know I did myself at the start of this post).

The incidence of false rape accusation is 5%.

Conviction rates are lower- mainly because consent is hard to prove.

Sorry I can't get my head round these figures. If 5% of cases are false accusation and 5% are proven guilty, this statement would suggest that 90% of people found not guilty of rape are actually guilty??

Sorry I can't get my head round these figures. If 5% of cases are false accusation and 5% are proven guilty, this statement would suggest that 90% of people found not guilty of rape are actually guilty??

It doesn't suggest that. It suggests there was insufficient evidence to convict either way.

When I posted this a mate down here said he (Bramble) was in the press last week talking about being accused of rape earlier in his career and that he was strong enough to get threw it! No seen the article myself however totally bizarre if he was!

It doesn't suggest that. It suggests there was insufficient evidence to convict either way.

I might sound like a pedant but it's not a case of proving either way. The man is innocent unless the women ( or man) can prove beyond reasonable doubt that they were raped.

Therefore the analogy provided suggests that out of every 100 rapes reported the accused is innocent in 95 of the cases.

Wow. After reading through this thread, I am amazed. The whole point of this thread, has been sidetracked into sheer stupidity of whether a football can rape or not? :blink:

IMO - Roscoe was not saying "He gets loads of sex, so therefore he wont rape, or wont have the urge to rape" which indicates they are the same things.

The difference is what he actually said was something similar to "He gets sex on tap, so why would he rape" - now depending on your perspective, this could be taken either way, as it wasn't written in the most sensible manner. I have no doubt however, it was a question and just that. I do believe that Roscoe doesn't think that sex and rape are the same thing. Who would? really.

I think he was just asking a question, asking why someone who gets that much sex, would want to resort to rape, rather than stating that someone who gets that much sex, wouldn't resort to rape.

It is a thin line, but either side of the line have completely different meanings.

The two words I bolded in what ive posted, are, imo, the key parts as they outline the differences in the meanings of how it could be viewed. I have little doubt that Roscoe only meant for it to be a question of why he would want to rape, not that because he is a football, he couldn't or wouldnt rape.

Dr. Bapswent was halfway decent in his posting, as he was just posting what he believed. He atleast didnt resort to posting one thing over and over again.

However, the other person (the name escapes me), just insulted, and would not listen to reason - resorting to childish insults as calling him a little boy, and refusing to answer some of the things Roscoe was posting.

Either way, innocent until proven guilty, is the motto that is thrown around, no?

"Sunderland footballer Titus Bramble has been arrested after a woman was raped in a Newcastle hotel."

That should read 'allegedly' raped.

Nope. I think it might be safe to say she was raped, because this might be fact.

However, it would also be fair to say it is alleged that Bramble did it. SInce it may have been someone else.

Once upon a time there was a famous TV presenter. He was rather wealthy and he didn't look like an ogre so he was probably very successful with women. He only had one thing going against him, his choice of football team - they were truly embarassingly bad - a wee team to beat all wee teams.

It turns out that the wealthy TV presenter wasn't happy with consensual sex with the hangers on. He was more interested in terrorising girls who weren't interested in him. He was indeed a BEAST.

OK.... in simple terms for stupid people.

I am a premiership footballer who regularly has sex with a lot of different women because of the fact, that I'm a premiership footballer. Why would I want to rape someone?

Now, is the above sentence

A. A Question

B. A Statement

Now read it again, carefully please. Now answer the question. Read it again and again before you reply and make yourself even more of a plank :lol:

I think you made a mistake by going into the semantics of what you originally wrote. If you phrased it badly then so be it, try to re-write your opinion more clearly rather than hang on for dear life...

Personally I'm of the opinion that the people most likely to rape a woman - shag her against her will - is either someone who can get no consensual sex or someone who can get so much that they start looking for something a bit more...

It seems to me that many rapists are users of prostitutes because they are unable to pull a woman so have to resort to paying for sex. This builds a self-loathing and they take it out on women by developing a taste for rape.

Other rapists are able to have pretty much any woman they want and this in itself gets boring as most of the thrill is in the chase. They don't get this thrill to the same extent as the rest of us so develop an interest in trying new things such as orgies, dogging, other kinky things or in some cases an unhealthy disrespect for women whom they view as pieces of meat.

I'm no psychologist but that's y opinion.

The problem with being a Celebrity is you can be prone to things like this.

Now, the problem is that there is different ways something like this could have happened.

1. She was forced to have sex against her will.

2. She consented to sex, then decided to say she was attacked for exposure,

3. She Consented, changed her mind 1/2 way through and the culprit never stopped.

4. It is all made up in her mind.

1,2 & 3 are quite probable, and what ever the truth is, if its true then he deserves punishment.

What if its not?...each and every poster on here could in the right(wrong) circumstances be a victim to a false allegation..hope they sort it out and if its a lie, take full action against her and people like her that are really just attention seekers imo.

Wow. After reading through this thread, I am amazed. The whole point of this thread, has been sidetracked into sheer stupidity of whether a football can rape or not? :blink:

IMO - Roscoe was not saying "He gets loads of sex, so therefore he wont rape, or wont have the urge to rape" which indicates they are the same things.

The difference is what he actually said was something similar to "He gets sex on tap, so why would he rape" - now depending on your perspective, this could be taken either way, as it wasn't written in the most sensible manner. I have no doubt however, it was a question and just that. I do believe that Roscoe doesn't think that sex and rape are the same thing. Who would? really.

I think he was just asking a question, asking why someone who gets that much sex, would want to resort to rape, rather than stating that someone who gets that much sex, wouldn't resort to rape.

It is a thin line, but either side of the line have completely different meanings.

The two words I bolded in what ive posted, are, imo, the key parts as they outline the differences in the meanings of how it could be viewed. I have little doubt that Roscoe only meant for it to be a question of why he would want to rape, not that because he is a football, he couldn't or wouldnt rape.

Dr. Bapswent was halfway decent in his posting, as he was just posting what he believed. He atleast didnt resort to posting one thing over and over again.

However, the other person (the name escapes me), just insulted, and would not listen to reason - resorting to childish insults as calling him a little boy, and refusing to answer some of the things Roscoe was posting.

Either way, innocent until proven guilty, is the motto that is thrown around, no?

Spot on with everything you said, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed with the insults flying around I've had infractions for less.

While I understood what Roscoe meant in his first post I can also see why Dr B saw it different but to be honest all Roscoe had to do was admit his post was open to interpretation and clarify what he meant and the whole thread wouldn't have descended into the pettiness that followed.

Back on topic if Bramble is proved guilty he'll deserve all he has coming to him but also if this turns out to be a false accusation I would hope the woman in question is dealt with just as harshly as she could quite easily ruin this guys life and career and he'll always have this hanging over him

Rape is an act of violence, nothing to do with he can have any bird.

Anyway using that - What if the female said no? i mean can have any bird can't he - how would he react?

Archived