Titus Bramble - Oh dear!

Rudolf's Mate

"Sunderland footballer Titus Bramble has been arrested after a woman was raped in a Newcastle hotel."

That should read 'allegedly' raped.

How many footballers are accused of this and how many are convicted? about 1 in 500.

By this reckoning Mcgregor and Van Persie should be in jail right now??

I just think it would be rare for a footballer to waste his talent, money, sponsorship on forcing a girl to have sex with him against their will when they can easily pick up/buy a stunner who will do it no bother.

How did he get her into the hotel room? Brute force?

"Sunderland footballer Titus Bramble has been arrested after a woman was raped in a Newcastle hotel."

How many footballers are accused of this and how many are convicted? about 1 in 500.

I just think it would be rare for a footballer to waste his talent, money, sponsorship on forcing a girl to have sex with him against their will when they can easily pick up/buy a stunner who will do it no bother.

Pretty much my thoughts....

That said, you'd think they would learn! If I was a footballer I'd stay clear of any bird offering me & a mate to come back to her room!

Hate these wee bints that going about shouting rape when it clearly isn't

It happens all the time if you're in the public eye. Take even kobe bryant or Tupac Shakur in America.

They get ###### on tap so why the **** would they even consider rape?

tartofmidlothian

That said, you'd think they would learn! If I was a footballer I'd stay clear of any bird offering me & a mate to come back to her room!

Nail on head...

Sterling Archer

I've seen bramble play football she could quite easily have skipped past him and he'd have ended up on his arse.

The arrogance though. Wayne admitted it (again) and said you have a good life leave me if you want to. Who's the stupid one?

It happens all the time if you're in the public eye. Take even kobe bryant or Tupac Shakur in America.

I'm not Jumping to conclusions here as to wether Bramble DID rape the girl...Why are you Jumping to conclusions that She Wasn't!?

Because he has Money and plays Professional football he can get any woman (Someone else is Just out of jail for Sexual assault, Must have been innocent, he played Football, Had money AND was Married)...Maybe that's not enough...Maybe he likes to be in control...Maybe she didn't do as the "Star Footballer" told her!!

Because you have Money means you can't be a rapist... Sound Logic dry.gif

Like I've said, Not saying he did do it...Not saying he didn't!!

Maybe she sobered up...Changed her mind...No Means No Scott!!

While certainly not wishing to down play the seriousness of any allegations .................................... I have to admit to being relieved that this isn't about us signing him as I thought it would be before opening.

Your totally right.

No footballer could ever be so conceited or up themselves to ever be a rapist.

They get so much ###### on tap that a girl saying no to them would be treated with respect and kindness.

Footballers are so grounded in real life and not brought up on fake nonsense convincing them they are better than everyone else that they are upstanding pillars of the community.

None have ever been done for speeding, drink driving or assault because they believe themselves to be above the law and 'special'.

As a result it is impossible for a footballer to be responsible for rape.

FACT

Raping a woman has very little to do with your ability to have sex with an attractive woman IMO.

I'm not Jumping to conclusions here as to wether Bramble DID rape the girl...Why are you Jumping to conclusions that She Wasn't!?

Because he has Money and plays Professional football he can get any woman (Someone else is Just out of jail for Sexual assault, Must have been innocent, he played Football, Had money AND was Married)...Maybe that's not enough...Maybe he likes to be in control...Maybe she didn't do as the "Star Footballer" told her!!

Because you have Money means you can't be a rapist... Sound Logic dry.gif

Like I've said, Not saying he did do it...Not saying he didn't!!

The said person is just out of jail for hitting a girl and not rape if I'm right?

If he had commited rape and was definitely guilty then it's a different story no? All I said was why would they rape ANY girl? Also can you give me examples of a footballer being rightly convicted of rape?

Your totally right.

No footballer could ever be so conceited or up themselves to ever be a rapist.

They get so much ###### on tap that a girl saying no to them would be treated with respect and kindness.

Footballers are so grounded in real life and not brought up on fake nonsense convincing them they are better than everyone else that they are upstanding pillars of the community.

None have ever been done for speeding, drink driving or assault because they believe themselves to be above the law and 'special'.

As a result it is impossible for a footballer to be responsible for rape.

FACT

Some people really don't have a clue what they are talking about... :ermm:

The said person is just out of jail for hitting a girl and not rape if I'm right?

If he had commited rape and was definitely guilty then it's a different story no? All I said was why would they rape ANY girl? Also can you give me examples of a footballer being rightly convicted of rape?

You seem to think sex and rape are the same thing.

A staggeringly ill informed and dangerous point of view.

Exactly what I was trying to say. It doesn't matter how much money you earn, how famous you are or how attractive you are. The urge to rape is very different from the urge to have consensual sex with someone. It is an extremely simplistic and innacurate view to state that a man only rapes a woman because he can't find any attractive woman who will have sex with him. That is basically what some people are saying on this thread.

Exactly what I was trying to say. It doesn't matter how much money you earn, how famous you are or how attractive you are. The urge to rape is very different from the urge to have consensual sex with someone. It is an extremely simplistic and innacurate view to state that a man only rapes a woman because he can't find any attractive woman who will have sex with him. That is basically what some people are saying on this thread.

I wasn't trying to generalise so apologies if I came across like that. I should have chosen my words a bit better like Scott who hit it on the head

Out of order. You really are a strange human being

He was in for Sexual Assault...Not rape exactly but bad enough in my opinion!!

Do you REALLY believe that because a person has Money or plays Football he is automatically not capable of rape...Rape and Sex are 2 completely different things Roscoe, If you can't see that :blink:

I can't give you an example of a Footballer being found guilty of Rape, No....But I bet if you search the Tinternet you'll find plenty of Guity Rapists who had loads of money and "Could have had any Burzd they wanted"...Sex, Rape...Not the Same!! dry.gif

He was in for Sexual Assault...Not rape exactly but bad enough in my opinion!!

Do you REALLY believe that because a person has Money or plays Football he is automatically not capable of rape...Rape and Sex are 2 completely different things Roscoe, If you can't see that :blink:

I can't give you an example of a Footballer being found guilty of Rape, No....But I bet if you search the Tinternet you'll find plenty of Guity Rapists who had loads of money and "Could have had any Burzd they wanted"...Sex, Rape...Not the Same!! dry.gif

1. See a few posts ago

Second bit: again way out of order. Sheep. Unbelievable

Its impossible on a thread like this to stick up for the man in anyway shape or form.

When it comes to rape, men are guilty until proven innocent and I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.

Only last week in the papers a man tried to commit suicide 3 times for being accused of rape, the girl now is spending about 6 months in prison for a false claim.

Out of order. You really are a strange human being

Post #4

You see sex and rape as interchangeable

Worrying.

Its impossible on a thread like this to stick up for the man in anyway shape or form.

When it comes to rape, men are guilty until proven innocent and I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.

Only last week in the papers a man tried to commit suicide 3 times for being accused of rape, the girl now is spending about 6 months in prison for a false claim.

I haven't made a single comment on if Bramble is guilty or not. You, on the other hand, appear to have decided that he is definitely innocent because he is a Premiership footballer.

Post #4

You see sex and rape as interchangeable

Worrying.

2 + 2 = 47

You must have been a hoot in maths class

I haven't made a single comment on if Bramble is guilty or not. You, on the other hand, appear to have decided that he is definitely innocent because he is a Premiership footballer.

Bramble is innocent at this moment in time until the full facts of the case are revealed and we can make some sort of informed judgement. Not because he is a Premiership footballer.

The topic you are currently posting on refers to Titus Bramble, I thought you were referring to that - my mistake.

Just re-read my post. It was a general point and wasnt referring to Bramble either. :blink:

2 + 2 = 47

I wouldn't go as far as what Dr. Bapswent has said but you have clearly stated that a man would not rape a woman because he earns a lot of money and could easily have sex with an attractive woman. That appears to be saying that rape is the same as sex (although I know that was not your intention).

2 + 2 = 47

Decent at maths, and passed logic at uni too.

Both show that your getting yourself tied in knots about something you said and (although might not have meant) are trying to backtrack out of it.

Why not admit you said something dumb and without thinking?

Would be easier than simply continually saying you didn't say (or mean) something you actually did say a few minutes ago.

I wouldn't go as far as what Dr. Bapswent has said but you have clearly stated that a man would not rape a woman because he earns a lot of money and could easily have sex with an attractive woman. That appears to be saying that rape is the same as sex (although I know that was not your intention).

No I was asking the question as to why would they, I never actually said Premiership Footballer = not a rapist did I?

Only one person has given me a non stupid answer and that was the 'they must like the power' option but couldn't back it up with a case in particular.

Some people throwing accusations about is ridiculous

No I was asking the question as to why would they, I never actually said Premiership Footballer = not a rapist did I?

Only one person has given me a non stupid answer and that was the 'they must like the power' option but couldn't back it up with a case in particular.

Not half as ridiculous as saying sex and rape are similar.

That because he gets it on tap he shouldn't need to resort to rape.

HEARTS FORUM!! Bramble or anything else has nothing to do with Hearts so if this warrants a discussion, it shoud be taken elsewhere.

Decent at maths, and passed logic at uni too.

Both show that your getting yourself tied in knots about something you said and (although might not have meant) are trying to backtrack out of it.

Why not admit you said something dumb and without thinking?

Would be easier than simply continually saying you didn't say (or mean) something you actually did say a few minutes ago.

You've still to show where I've said it!!!

I'll get more sense out of asking a Hibs fan for financial advise!

Bit in bold: wow

HEARTS FORUM!! Bramble or anything else has nothing to do with Hearts so if this warrants a discussion, it shoud be taken elsewhere.

There are some absolute roasters on JKB the day. Losing my patience here.

Guest Dipped Flake

No man should be named when accused of rape. Of course, if found guilty, then they deserve all that's coming to them but they should have the right of anonymity until then.

Sorry Roscoe but have to agree with others that what you intially said was tantamount to sex=rape=sex. Just because a footballer can get sex whenever they want has no bearing on whether or not they would commit rape.

Not half as ridiculous as saying sex and rape are similar.

That because he gets it on tap he shouldn't need to resort to rape.

You really are making a fool of yourself here it's cringeworthy

You've still to show where I've said it!!!

I'll get more sense out of asking a Hibs fan for financial advise!

Bit in bold: wow

Serious question: how old are you?

I already did - post #4

No man should be named when accused of rape. Of course, if found guilty, then they deserve all that's coming to them but they should have the right of anonymity until then.

Sorry Roscoe but have to agree with others that what you intially said was tantamount to sex=rape=sex. Just because a footballer can get sex whenever they want has no bearing on whether or not they would commit rape.

Do people read? I only ASKED THE QUESTION. I've received one answer to the question

:huh:

Roscoe...Give up wee man, You're now just posting rambling sheeite...WTF does the highlighted part mean??

A lot of cases of Rape can be put down to the Man wanting the Victim to see who's in charge "Liking the power" they have over the woman...Just because TB is a Rich Sportsman doesn't mean he can't be a Rapist...:mellow:

The problem I have with all of this is why the accused can be named before a trial has even begun. Surely they deserve the annonimity that the accurer gets. IF/When found guilty then name and Shame the Beast!!

Serious question: how old are you?

I already did - post #4

OK.... in simple terms for stupid people.

I am a premiership footballer who regularly has sex with a lot of different women because of the fact, that I'm a premiership footballer. Why would I want to rape someone?

Now, is the above sentence

A. A Question

B. A Statement

Now read it again, carefully please. Now answer the question. Read it again and again before you reply and make yourself even more of a plank :lol:

Roscoe...Give up wee man, You're now just posting rambling sheeite...WTF does the highlighted part mean??

A lot of cases of Rape can be put down to the Man wanting the Victim to see who's in charge "Liking the power" they have over the woman...Just because TB is a Rich Sportsman doesn't mean he can't be a Rapist...:mellow:

The problem I have with all of this is why the accused can be named before a trial has even begun. Surely they deserve the annonimity that the accurer gets. IF/When found guilty then name and Shame the Beast!!

It means what it says, you can read yes?

2nd point, we are finally getting somewhere. Now... you have answered the question I put to the forum. Now it is your job to back up your answer yes? Is that how this thing works?

I am a premiership footballer who regularly has sex with a lot of different women because of the fact, that I'm a premiership footballer. Why would I want to rape someone?

A. A Question

B. A Statement

Now read it again, carefully please. Now answer the question. Read it again and again before you reply and make yourself even more of a plank :lol:

Staggering..

Ok

a)if its a statement - your a fool and ignorant

b)if its a question...(ill go slow for you....) and you are adamant that you are not suggesting rape and sex are the same thing.

Then your question is the same as.

Why if someone has lots of apples would they want an orange?

This makes no sense as you are comparing 2 completely different things.

The only way your question can be sensible is if the elements of the question are comparable i.e. sex is comparable to rape.

So you have either:

1. Been bleating on and defending a stance based on an illogical and nonsense question to begin with

or

2. Do think sex and rape amount to the same thing and therefore one can replace the other

or

3. Just don't get it

Did I go too fast?

Guest Dipped Flake

A. A Question

B. A Statement

For the power; because she said no when he was used to every woman saying yes?? Who knows, but I'll repeat for the stupid people, or the stupid person on this thread. Your statement/question made it seem as though you were saying that as he could have sex with anyone he wouldn't rape anyone. As everyone else has said the 2 things are totally different, just a pity you feel the need to keep digging a hole for yourself and resorting to abuse rather than admit your first post was wrong

Staggering..

Ok

a)if its a statement - your a fool and ignorant

b)if its a question...(ill go slow for you....) and you are adamant that you are not suggesting rape and sex are the same thing.

Then your question is the same as.

Why if someone has lots of apples would they want an orange?

This makes no sense as you are comparing 2 completely different things.

The only way your question can be sensible is if the elements of the question are comparable i.e. sex is comparable to rape.

So you have either:

1. Been bleating on and defending a stance based on an illogical and nonsense question to begin with

or

2. Do think sex and rape amount to the same thing and therefore one can replace the other

or

3. Just don't get it

Did I go too fast?

I got up to this part and stopped. Embarrasing

You were really getting somewhere as well...

I think what Rosscoe is alluding to links in with Stanley_'s comment on "the urge to rape"

Lets say for arguments sake Bramble is guilty and did rape this poor girl. The most likely situation is that Bramble and the girl were both up for it, were both quite drunk and went back to the hotel room to have sex. However the girl changed her mind and wasnt comfortable in the situation, but Bramble still forced himself upon her due to his arrogance as a professional footballer. Now this is obviously terrible.

However,

Bramble - if my scenario was correct did not begin the night with an urge to rape, in the sexual predator mould. He wasnt looking to lure a girl into his hotelroom or drag a girl into a quiet alleyway. In fact he himself at the start of the night probably wouldnt of considered raping a girl as he is a rich footballer and can get "sex on tap". But certain events transpired and he ended raping a girl in his hotel room.

So in this instance Rosscoe is quite correct to ask the question why would a footballer want to rape someone if they can get it on tap. The answer is that they probably dont have an urge to rape a girl but it doesnt mean they arent capable of doing it and as Kitster alluded to also, it is a certain arrogance and the self delusion that the girl secretly wants it etc... that leads them to these situations.

Conversely however, Mcgregor, Van Persie, Paul Dickov, I could name alot more sportsmen/wealthy people if I did a bit of research - that have all been falsely accused of rape. It also seems disproportionate to the ones that have been found to be truthful. Lesser men's careers, homelife, relationships can be destroyed and they can end up taking their own life. Like i said before, I wouldnt wish that on any guy, even my worst enemy.

For the power; because she said no when he was used to every woman saying yes?? Who knows, but I'll repeat for the stupid people, or the stupid person on this thread. Your statement/question made it seem as though you were saying that as he could have sex with anyone he wouldn't rape anyone. As everyone else has said the 2 things are totally different, just a pity you feel the need to keep digging a hole for yourself and resorting to abuse rather than admit your first post was wrong

Good try...

You've then ruined it after that by talking nonsense

A. A Question

B. A Statement

In simple terms what you are saying is people who don't get sex on tap will be more likely to rape people.

You have taken any morals out of the decision and based it purely on a man's desire to have sex.

But having sex and raping someone are quite different outcomes.

A. A Question

B. A Statement

It doesn't make any F****** difference if you a Football Player, Accountant, Rocket Scientist or Student... WTF difference does it make what you do for a living...Rape and Sex are NOT THE SAME THING...Because you have sex with "A lot of different Women" doesn't mean he won't have the urge to Rape... Why do married Men Rape?? Is it Just Poor, Ugly people who Rape??

Seriously, you are a disturbed Wee Man if you can't work out that *Rape and Sex ARE NOT THE SAME THING*!!!

*How many times will Roscoe have to be told this before he gets it!?? dry.gif

Archived