Today`s press fuelled by JJ`s negativity....

Walter Bishop

Anyone who buys a season ticket purely on the basis we have signed Rudi is pathetic in my eyes.

Would you rather no-one did and this initiative flopped, then?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Jim realises just how big rudi was for hearts otherwise this would not be up for debate...

It shouldnt even be up for debate IMO.

Skacel, if he proves to be nothing else, is a morale boosting signing that we badly needed after our somewhat mediocre (at best) start to the season and part of that boost has been taken away by JJ taking the huff.

FFS JJ, everybody and his dug MUST have told you to expect this. Its been going on for 5 years man, where have you been and why the hell take the job if you couldnt accept it. 99% of Hearts fans have accepted it (not neccesarily liked it but accepted it) for a good while now. Its part and parcel of having Romanov as an owner.

You'd be better off concentrating on sorting out what ever the feck it is thats going on with our defence, and you'd be better off concentrating on fixing the balance in our midfield, something that the presence of Skacel actually gives you options with.

If you're going to spend any length of time with your face tripping you over this then honestly, feck off right now, because we've had a gutful of managers who took the big bucks, couldnt adapt and went bleating to the press about it, and do it before people turn against you, because thats life at Hearts big boy.

Anyone who buys a season ticket purely on the basis we have signed Rudi is pathetic in my eyes.

Perhaps, but I hope it's a success!

It shouldnt even be up for debate IMO.

Skacel, if he proves to be nothing else, is a morale boosting signing that we badly needed after our somewhat mediocre (at best) start to the season and part of that boost has been taken away by JJ taking the huff.

FFS JJ, everybody and his dug MUST have told you to expect this. Its been going on for 5 years man, where have you been and why the hell take the job if you couldnt accept it. 99% of Hearts fans have accepted it (not neccesarily liked it but accepted it) for a good while now. Its part and parcel of having Romanov as an owner.

You'd be better off concentrating on sorting out what ever the feck it is thats going on with our defence, and you'd be better off concentrating on fixing the balance in our midfield, something that the presence of Skacel actually gives you options with.

If you're going to spend any length of time with your face tripping you over this then honestly, feck off right now, because we've had a gutful of managers who took the big bucks, couldnt adapt and went bleating to the press about it, and do it before people turn against you, because thats life at Hearts big boy.

well, that about sums it up, if your reading this JJ give it a go

portobellojambo1

I think there may be a commercial aspect to Rudi's signing as well.

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_2156641

Anyway, where is the evidence Rudi is a crap full back? :unsure:

I fail to see where you found the words Rudi Skacel is a crap left back in my previous post dave. What I said is I think Lee Wallace is a better left back than he is, which is something completely different.

I'm neither up nor down about his signing, I loved everything he did for the first 10-12 weeks of his previous spell here, under Burley and for a couple of weeks thereafter, everything else of his spell at Hearts is, in my opinion, instantly forgettable (other than the Scottish Cup Final and a goal against Hibs along the way). Will it give the club overall a lift, very possibly, will it lift the side on the park, that is still to be discovered. The point I was trying to get across is some people appear to be treating this signing as "OK that's it, nothing to worry about going forward, Skacel is back", which I think is the wrong approach to take. If you try and look at things from a playing point of view, he didn't do particularly well at Southampton, performed at a similar level while on loan at Hertha Berlin. He returned to Southampton and was released in May 2009. He couldn't find a club and eventually went back to Slavia Prague in October 2009 and achieved little. He left again after 4 months and went to Larissa in Greece, where he was unable to establish himself in the 1st eleven (played only 7 games, not all league matches). What we are getting in 2010 is not Rudi Skacel 2005, the team of 2010 is nowhere near as good as the team that he previously played in at Hearts. I think maybe I'm trying to indicate to those that appear to be having a huge buzz that they could well end up disappointed (I prefer to start off low key, and work up the way).

I have absolutely no idea what Jim Jefferies thinks of the signing, although suspect if he had objected in the way it is being portrayed he would already have left Hearts.

I will give him a chance, but I cannot really get excited at this stage.

I fail to see where you found the words Rudi Skacel is a crap left back in my previous post dave. What I said is I think Lee Wallace is a better left back than he is, which is something completely different.

I'm neither up nor down about his signing, I loved everything he did for the first 10-12 weeks of his previous spell here, under Burley and for a couple of weeks thereafter, everything else of his spell at Hearts is, in my opinion, instantly forgettable (other than the Scottish Cup Final and a goal against Hibs along the way). Will it give the club overall a lift, very possibly, will it lift the side on the park, that is still to be discovered. The point I was trying to get across is some people appear to be treating this signing as "OK that's it, nothing to worry about going forward, Skacel is back", which I think is the wrong approach to take. If you try and look at things from a playing point of view, he didn't do particularly well at Southampton, performed at a similar level while on loan at Hertha Berlin. He returned to Southampton and was released in May 2009. He couldn't find a club and eventually went back to Slavia Prague in October 2009 and achieved little. He left again after 4 months and went to Larissa in Greece, where he was unable to establish himself in the 1st eleven (played only 7 games, not all league matches). What we are getting in 2010 is not Rudi Skacel 2005, the team of 2010 is nowhere near as good as the team that he previously played in at Hearts. I think maybe I'm trying to indicate to those that appear to be having a huge buzz that they could well end up disappointed (I prefer to start off low key, and work up the way).

I have absolutely no idea what Jim Jefferies thinks of the signing, although suspect if he had objected in the way it is being portrayed he would already have left Hearts.

The left back question was more for the wider community.

As for how Rudi will perform, like all puddings, the proof is in the eating. :cool_shades:

jj made his feelings clear last week on skacel but the usual suspects are on here backing romanov and blaming the press.

JJ's wrong.

jj made his feelings clear last week on skacel but the usual suspects are on here backing romanov and blaming the press.

That's because jims opinion is wrong...

There are dozens of posters on kickback who think it is a foregone conclusion that rudi will do well and I hope they are all spot on. However, I find it difficult to ignore the fact that in the last two years he has hardly played and failed to nail down a starting place.

The act that some posters think jj is wrong? Wrong about what? Being grumpy? Not jumping for joy about a signing he didn't want?

Get real. JJ probably knows very little about how Rudi can play NOW and I suspect most kickbackers are in the same boat.

There are dozens of posters on kickback who think it is a foregone conclusion that rudi will do well and I hope they are all spot on. However, I find it difficult to ignore the fact that in the last two years he has hardly played and failed to nail down a starting place.

The act that some posters think jj is wrong? Wrong about what? Being grumpy? Not jumping for joy about a signing he didn't want?

Get real. JJ probably knows very little about how. Rudi can play NOW and I suspect most kickbackers are in the same boat.

He signed for Slavia last year on a six month deal and was released because they couldn't afford to keep him. In that time he managed to score a hat-trick for them. I don't know how he played in Greece but he was playing internationals in the summer with the Czechs before the World Cup.

He signed for Slavia last year on a six month deal and was released because they couldn't afford to keep him. In that time he managed to score a hat-trick for them. I don't know how he played in Greece but he was playing internationals in the summer with the Czechs before the World Cup.

Cheers for the info I wasn't aware he scored a hat trick. Please understand I hope he does well I just have my doubts and can't really understand the criticism of jj as I think people are reading way too much into the situation. He clearly didn't make the signing and was on edge from the start of that interview and was ready for awkward questions which he never deals with well. I can't see why he's wrong he never said he didn't want the player. Maybe he just wants to assess him himself before he makes his mind up. Which seems fairly sensible to me.

What was his record like before he came to us in 2005 - I assume he wasn't a first pick at ?Marseille? if they let him go out on loan. I accept that he is 5 years older, and don't expect the same player as we had under Burley, but surely his lack of notable achievement in the last couple of years doesn't mean he could still do a fantastic job back at Hearts - where at least he will be appreciated by the fans, allowing him to play with some confidence etc.

Can someone tell me when Tony Capaldi became a left-back again. The guy last played left-back for Cardiff about 3 years old, so what was the point in signing him. Also he was rotten at Cardiff, yet some people believe that he would have been a better signing than Rudi, which is baffling.

Some people are never happy!!

I really cant understand Jim Jefferies negativity surrounding the return of a legend, he has allowed the press once again to go to town on our club with all the claims that JJ did not want Rudi back at Hearts. Surely this will have an effect on the players and particularly Rudi as its clear the enthusiasm for his arrival from his manager is no existent!

I really cannot see the problem, the guy has given the supporters a lift, the club a lift both on and off the park, im sure the players a lift and nobody is going to tell me Lockey isnt over the moon at his return!

So why all the negativity Jim? You dont have to have a face like your bursting for a shite all the time! Smile for once and accept this gift from Vladimir Romanov, because if you cannot see this as a positive for the club we all love then you imo shouldnt be there.

Who cares what the prhess or mhedia says? We are Heart of Midlothian FC supporters. No-one likes us or the club but we don't care.

As an aside, do you bubble like a baby if a paper writes nasty stuff about us? :lol:

Since when did we decide that a Left back with top flight experience in Germany, Greece and czech republic, and lets not forget a CURRENT czech international, is not good enough for Hearts?

Even taking out the midfield option I suspect that would pretty much make him the best, most experienced left back in the league, at least on paper..........

Can someone tell me when Tony Capaldi became a left-back again. The guy last played left-back for Cardiff about 3 years old, so what was the point in signing him. Also he was rotten at Cardiff, yet some people believe that he would have been a better signing than Rudi, which is baffling.

Must have missed that. Who said capaldi was better than rudi.

Time to name and shame

Tony Capaldi has signed for ******* Morecambe.

Therefore he is pish.

Now lets put this Capaldi shite to bed please. Getting sick of the sight of his name on here as some sort of pop at Vlad.

The Real Maroonblood

Tony Capaldi has signed for ******* Morecambe.

Therefore he is pish.

Now lets put this Capaldi shite to bed please. Getting sick of the sight of his name on here as some sort of pop at Vlad.

That's a bit harsh.

That's a bit harsh.

Perhaps a tad biggrin.gif

But there are people here getting a bit tetchy about Vlad not signing him. When you see where he's ended up it's quite clear that Vlad was right in his decision.

jamboinglasgow

My view is that JJ is annoyed, not furious. He is annoyed as he has been given a player in a role he doesn't want and at a time when he wants to reduce the squad. But I also think he will be willing to make the most of it and will have a look at him and see where to put him. For Vlad it is a great signing in terms of rewarding the fans and a money spinner for Hearts (will be interesting to see how shirts sales have gone today.)

I think JJ will act a bit frustrated (though I think people are looking too closely at his press conference) but will get over it pretty quickly if we win tomorrow.

All in all I have learned that Hearts fans push the excitement button and panic button too quickly.

To be honest, who knows what is around the corner re left back. Maybe JJ has been told in no uncertain terms that Capaldi has been confirmed by the JKB Massive as being utter poop and that, whilst Uncle Vlad continues to search for Fyssas II, here's a wee Skacel pressie for you to keep you busy for now.

Perhaps in a week's time we shall have a new left back also.

I reckon Rudi is here as a softener to allow Driver to move on in January, but maybe that's just me...

Whatever happens, Welcome home Rudi, hope you prove all the doubters wrong.

I would just like to say that JJ, at 59 years of age, is a fully entitled to be grumpy - and considering the start he had as a grumpy young man, he is a prince amongst grumps!!!

Rudi, who I am delighted to see back, has probably registered at 0.00000000001 on his grumpchter scale!

Jeez. Already there are plenty of folks who are so blind that no matter what Vlad does is right.

When Jim was re-appointed I was thrilled. A man that bleeds maroon. A man that if pissed around by our owner would result in folks standing up and sayimg "no more".

Jim aint perfect, he would admit that himself, however a man that cares deeply for our club, who would do his best for us. He CARES! Yet some ignorant folk have already started to bite at him over this. We needed defenders at this point. But our owner decides to play one-up-manship. And some fall for it.

I admit I dont like Vlad much, and I dont really trust him. Every fall out (we seem to have more player fall outs than every club in the country) yet folk cling to the idea that Vlad is always right.

I hoped that fellow fans would be ready to stand up for our club than blindly follow Vlad if the new management came to blows over direction.

Who do I trust to do the right thing for Hearts? Vlad Or Jim? Easy, only one of them loves this club more that I do. I trust Jim. In a fight I back Jim.

For ages on here folks have argued to let a manager manage. Yet when we get one who wants to do so the same fans complain the manager wont bend over for the owner. I am dumbfounded.

I have my doubts over this signing. Rudy was great for a SHORT time. He aint a legend ala the guys from the 50s.

I hope he does well. But my trust is in Jim NOT vlad. Wake up and stop being two faced folks.

JJ is the manager, he is entitled to his opinions regarding the team and who plays in it. Depending on fitness and attitude of Rudi he may be wrong or right. I happen to disagree with him on this occaision. He is not actively stirring things up he is simply maintaining his integrity by sticking to facts rather than getting involved in all sorts of hyperbole.

Given the fact that jj has come out in his most recent BBC interview (can't post link find it yourselves) and denied the rumour that he didn't want rudi, some of you look like a bunch of fuds on this, and several other threads.

Nice to see how many are ready to turn on the manager at the drop of a hat though

Guest vanbasten1874

Given the fact that jj has come out in his most recent BBC interview (can't post link find it yourselves) and denied the rumour that he didn't want rudi, some of you look like a bunch of fuds on this, and several other threads.

Nice to see how many are ready to turn on the manager at the drop of a hat though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9012292.stm

this what ur looking for ?

Archived